test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Developer Blog: Dungeons to Delve

Comments

• xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    We need a challenge hope the 70+ Dungeons are harder than the Epic ones currently,
    Seriously to gear up is really fast and easy here we had also a lot of 2xRP Events,
    Theres alot of Players over 3k+ IL theres no need to be lower.

EndContent means it should always stay as a chalange even if you are full geared BIS.

"class requirements (tank/healer)."
    If this is true than the Dungeons "Have to be Harder & on a Real Epic Level"
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    xgrandz02 said:

We need a challenge hope the 70+ Dungeons are harder than the Epic ones currently,
    Seriously to gear up is really fast and easy here we had also a lot of 2xRP Events,
    Theres alot of Players over 3k+ IL theres no need to be lower.

EndContent means it should always stay as a chalange even if you are full geared BIS.

"class requirements (tank/healer)."
    If this is true than the Dungeons "Have to be Harder & on a Real Epic Level"

Yeah, don't kid yourself. The number of 3k players is increasing but it's still a small portion of the player population.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • psistarprimepsistarprime Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited February 2016

I'm a little disappointed now. These are the shortest dungeons, with the simplest structure. They need a good rework, harder bosses (I guess, we will get that).
    But still, Spellplague, Idris, Dread Vault were far better constructed, more creative dungeons in my opinion. I hope they will return soon too.

I am guessing that they chose these dungeons because their shorter length makes them more "casual friendly." They purposefully reduced the length of some of the current dungeons that were reworked for Mod6. Hopefully, they do not continue this trend once they bring back the remaining dungeons and BoE loot. As we still won't have BoE loot drops in Maze Engine, they would have needed to keep the retro dungeons in line with the current T1/T2 dungeons, since the loot will doubtless be the same. No one would run Spellplague for simple seals when they could run some easier and shorter for the same.
  • treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited February 2016

Yes Virginia there is a Santa Claus!

Question though- It says a Healer and a Tank will be required for parties?

"5-Person Teams – All epic dungeons are accessed through queues, and require 5-person teams with class requirements (tank/healer). Many of these also look for a minimum Total Item Level requirement to make sure you have the gear needed to have a chance at getting the job done."

>_> If you're a Righteous DC or a Concq GF are you going to be flagged as DPS or Support?​​

If that happened, sentinels would go as tanks and temptations as healers? Doesn't male sence.

• xreverusxxreverusx Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    All I have to say is:

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    When can we test these things?
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • blazious11blazious11 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 331 Arc User

Yes, I know what to do in an area, I did all possible quests and was able to visit all skirmishes as I leveled up. I just had to skip the missing dungeons per area. Thanks for hint with the availability of some dungeons at CTA events, didn't know that. I know I go a bit off-topic here, but final question: You mentioned the possibility of revisiting those dungeons when hitting L70. But how? (I am L70 meanwhile). I still can't find them in the queue-system, and the entrances were disabled (at least when I visited them back then)

Regards

CTA-s are skirmishes, not dungeons. The dungeons you can do: ECC, Gray Wolf Den, Temple of spider. (also Valindra, lostmauth and Malabog, but no achievent there as far as I remember) If you did them as you leveled up, you should've get the achievements: Arachnophobie title for doing Rothey valley quests, The skirmish (forget the name of it) and temple of spider dungeon for example. IF you haven't done ToS, you can queue with K key (or get a team in Protector Enclave to do it,) the 19-70 level dungeons are soloable easily. The epic versions are harder, you need 2000 Item level to enter, but you need to get some experience first. If you have completed the quests, skirmish and dungeon and did not get the achievement, then something is bugged.

You will be able to do the Cloak Tower (tower district), Pirate King (pireates skyhold), Karrundax (mountain and Frozen heart (Icespire peak) dungeons after MOD9 comes out. Same as above, you have to queue for them.

Sadly, there is no way to earn some achievements, you will still miss some, because the dungeons were removed after Mod6 (that's why you couldn't enter them on the maps, and why they are not in the queue system - devs should've at least give some explanation on the maps, or simply remove the qiests for dungeons, because a lot of players don't understand why they can't enter, same as you) and we still not get them back. Once the are re-released, the achievements will be available again.
    My story is truly a grand tale! Of course, any story about me is going to be grand simply by virtue of the main character.
  • mutjinninjamutjinninja Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 93 Arc User
    Terrible idea having the epics REQUIRE a tank and healer. We don't need them usually. If we do need anyone, 4 dps and a OP tank will do. Forcing players to use a certain comp is condescending and annoying. You're telling players how to play your game rather than letting them try and fail with poor composition. Not to mention how LITTLE tanks and healers are actually played. It's already incredibly difficult to pug them. You may be able to find a healer or a tank, but rarely both. Please rethink this change. If I want to run a DPS CN challenge run, I should be able to.
  • bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    If that happened, sentinels would go as tanks and temptations as healers? Doesn't make sense.

That's also something I'm curious about :) It would be less confusing if you could just pick your role in the dungeon when you were going to que for something perhaps? I get that their is a complaint with PUGs being put without healers or tanks in instances and the que system not finding a replacement if one of these classes is lost.​​
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    Calm down, perhaps they worded it badly, but the tank/healer requirement is already in-game for pug/auto (in case of dropouts) queues and I can only assume it's simply referring to an already existing mechanic that will also be kept for the new mod. You should still be able to make your premade as you wish.
  • weaver936weaver936 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 443 Arc User
    Are you going to POLLUTE these other dungeons with Demonic Stuff? I surely hope not... -.-
    “Improvise, Adapt and Overcome!”

― Clint Eastwood, Heartbreak Ridge

Guild Leader of Ardent Justice HQ: Always recruiting People not Pixels.

FOUNDER and OWNER of the SKT3K Channel: SKT Only Content 3k+. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228278/skt-content-for-the-non-elite-video-links-provided
  • baeyornbaeyorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 146 Arc User
    weaver936 said:

Are you going to POLLUTE these other dungeons with Demonic Stuff? I surely hope not... -.-

am guessing yes on some version of demoinc stuff in new dungeons.

Given that the new mod is an extension of sorts to Mod 8, Undark/Demonic expansion.

:)

• hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    kaenkira said:

T2 set looks are confirmed returning.
    Also lol @ that bloom and filters in before & after shots. Before looked better. After looks like overly blurry Call of Duty.

metalldjt said:

@TERRAMAK I WANT THIS SET BACK IN THE GAME

I WILL PAY YOU 6MIL AD

Some T2 skins can be created by crafting, but I doubt any of the old T2 PvP skins can.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • merileemerilee Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    I suppose I am in the minority, but I would like to see either a return to five player teams or the option to enter a dungeon with 4 or 5 players. I am part of a group that plays together that specifically worked towards a five player team just for these dungeons.

Randy “Arkayne” Mosiondz said "Our goal here was to shorten the leveling dungeons," so I'll comment on that, as well. Having returned after a break just before the release of Strongholds and missing the installation of these changes, I have to say that the team succeeded fabulously at 'shortening' the dungeons by removing everything that was interesting about them. My first run through Cragmire Crypt after returning was disheartening to say the least and the new players in our guild are sick of hearing me tell them how much they are not seeing.

I suppose it is a matter of philosophy. I've heard so many times, "everything before level 70 is tutorial." That's just not so for me and the people I play with. There are 69 levels and 19 zones before the one level 70 and the seven zones for it. I can't be the only player who enjoys the story and the journey. Since I've returned, I've noticed that NWO is quite possibly the best MSO (Massively Single-Player Online) game out there. The point of those dungeons was not to level but to teach teamwork and so much of what has been added to the game has not done what it was added or changed to do, but rather to streamline the path to endgame.

Try not to forget there is a whole game before Endgame.
  • unknowndramaunknowndrama Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 115 Arc User
    Dont get me wrong i like seeing dungeons back..bu will this dungeons will be another seal run or whill have something worth geting since there are only 3 dungeons that we play...1-elol for a chance of lostmauth's artifact,2-valindra tower for salvage gear and shard of valindra's crown and last Temple of Spiders for fast protector seals and purple gear
    for stronghold mimic so this dungeons we will play becose?
  • aidek0aidek0 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    merilee said:

Try not to forget there is a whole game before Endgame.

There is no endgame. The dungeons are all 1600 / 2k / 2.5k which is the sole reason dungeons are so easy when you are playing on a 4k character.
    I like leveling and the story as well, it is quite easy in my opinion even tho some refer 61 - 70 as a 'grind'. But if you think about it, the real grind starts after that with getting your artifacts, gear and enchants. Not to mention the companions and the 'new' mounts that will require people to actively go after those as well.

The gap between the current dungeons and the people that would like to have some endgame is becoming bigger with every module.

• blinxonblinxon Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    urabask said:

The number of 3k players is increasing but it's still a small portion of the player population.

How do you know? Do you have a link or something where i can see how many 2k/3k/4k players are in NW? Plz gimme that link. That would be great. Thx.
  • svenisperfectsvenisperfect Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 40 Arc User
    If I'm reading this correctly, the new dungeons will have the same bronze/silver/gold completion mechanic as our latest skirmishes. So the challenge won't come from "omg this is so hard you can hardly do it if you aren't perfect" but from your the amount of effort you put into completing the tactic. I imagine dungeon run time being one of the 3 bars to evaluate your overall rank.

I think that this mechanic is a good change. Yes hardcore players and people with over a year worth of playtime in the game will not technically have to do alot to get a gold rank, but from a (mostly) solo player's perspective I quite enjoy the new ranking mechanic. It allows new players and people who aren't into "you have to read 20 pages on internet to learn this tactic for the dungeon" to still enjoy the content (that's a very good thing). Having a sub-optimal random queued party won't be punished too hard (only in the amount/quality of the loot, i imagine bronze will receive less seals or something).

For instance, when the epic dungeons were still in the former mode of 1 shotting players on a regular basis (instead of the high health, lower hits that it is now) you would just spend hours trying to even get to a boss encounter, which would then have to be kited to the nearest fireplace. Some people do not have a 3 hours slot in their day where they can continualy play a game and then not even get the pretty purple seal because you couldn't finish a boss fight with your random queue party before the quitters stopped the queue from finding additional people.

In short, new bronze/silver/gold completion tier system is a good idea because it allows people to at least get something for the effort and time they invested in it. Yes, less appealing to people that want an elite raiding culture like there exists in different mmo's but overall it's better for the entire player base since everyone can enjoy the content to their level of play.

Good job dev team!
  • lordseth1985lordseth1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 319 Arc User
    All I want is the return of the old armor sets with the "new" remodeled dungeons...
    Avestruz.Q.T.Seduz - Rogue, natural born assassin.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    My true hope is that they make cn 3k i level .

There are thousands and thousands of players who can manage that now. .

This still leaves most of the game easily available to most of the players.. but having 1 sort of end gamish dungeon would be nice.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User

If I'm reading this correctly, the new dungeons will have the same bronze/silver/gold completion mechanic as our latest skirmishes. So the challenge won't come from "omg this is so hard you can hardly do it if you aren't perfect" but from your the amount of effort you put into completing the tactic. I imagine dungeon run time being one of the 3 bars to evaluate your overall rank.

I think that this mechanic is a good change. Yes hardcore players and people with over a year worth of playtime in the game will not technically have to do alot to get a gold rank, but from a (mostly) solo player's perspective I quite enjoy the new ranking mechanic. It allows new players and people who aren't into "you have to read 20 pages on internet to learn this tactic for the dungeon" to still enjoy the content (that's a very good thing). Having a sub-optimal random queued party won't be punished too hard (only in the amount/quality of the loot, i imagine bronze will receive less seals or something).

For instance, when the epic dungeons were still in the former mode of 1 shotting players on a regular basis (instead of the high health, lower hits that it is now) you would just spend hours trying to even get to a boss encounter, which would then have to be kited to the nearest fireplace. Some people do not have a 3 hours slot in their day where they can continualy play a game and then not even get the pretty purple seal because you couldn't finish a boss fight with your random queue party before the quitters stopped the queue from finding additional people.

In short, new bronze/silver/gold completion tier system is a good idea because it allows people to at least get something for the effort and time they invested in it. Yes, less appealing to people that want an elite raiding culture like there exists in different mmo's but overall it's better for the entire player base since everyone can enjoy the content to their level of play.

Good job dev team!

Disagree.. you get the same effing rolls from a bronze that you do with a gold.. you do know that right? all they do is add ichor or whatever is the difference.

unless they ADD like direct AD with a gold vs a bronze.. who cares.

It makes no difference in the end.
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    kaenkira said:

T2 set looks are confirmed returning.
    Also lol @ that bloom and filters in before & after shots. Before looked better. After looks like overly blurry Call of Duty.

Agreed. It will make it more difficult because of the lighting, but does not look better.
  • weaver936weaver936 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 443 Arc User
    Some seem to think that there will be only a 3 man version of the other 4 old dungeons.. is this the case? Are they coming with a 5 Man Epic version too?
    “Improvise, Adapt and Overcome!”

― Clint Eastwood, Heartbreak Ridge

Guild Leader of Ardent Justice HQ: Always recruiting People not Pixels.

FOUNDER and OWNER of the SKT3K Channel: SKT Only Content 3k+. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228278/skt-content-for-the-non-elite-video-links-provided
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator

oh so because you dont run a op you say they are broken, just as bad as all the crying about lost mau set etc, funny how people pick certain things an say they are broke. Maybe people outta begin to realize that some of these things are meant to be what they are.

If a class feature exists that lets the whole party stand in the red area of a T2 boss for the entire battle and take no damage, it's broke.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • farymirfarymir Member Posts: 28 Arc User

blockquote class="Quote" rel="silverkelt">

Disagree.. you get the same effing rolls from a bronze that you do with a gold.. you do know that right? all they do is add ichor or whatever is the difference.

exactly i have aquired only 2 +5 rings both of which came from bronze finnishes

unless they ADD like direct AD with a gold vs a bronze.. who cares.

So you are saying people that have bronze finishes shouldn't get the rings ever? And how would you know that a gold finish doesn't actually increase the chance of dropping good rings just because there are more posts by people that got lucky and finding said rings in a bronze finish?

Also more tokens from a gold finish actually makes sense, since if you finish better it should mean that you have to do the dungeon/skirmish/demogorgon less times for an X amount of ichor vs someone who has a bronze finish. And that "same effing rolls" is exactly the reason why the system is so good. Wouldn't you be more upset if those bronze finishes didn't net you the rings at all? And that people would just leave after a phase if it wasn't a gold phase 1 or 2? So yeah there is a difference, in that you can always get your loot even if you somehow can't do it perfectly because of certain reasons.
    If you can't be motivated to go for a gold finish "because loot rolls are the same" then that's fine too. Play as you like, which is exactly why they are using that system now ^^.
  • xreverusxxreverusx Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    Oh god, I hope they don't make some demon stuff in each dungeon... that
    baeyorn said:

weaver936 said:

Oh noes! Please don't make the dungeons thematically mixed with the new content!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That would take the unique nature of the dungeon away... kinda like all the demonic encounters... which are ok and all... just change the face of what things were
    .... It's better to ADD on, and not ALTER what is already enjoyed (or was once enjoyed, such as the original dungeons)

Everyone knows the LM set and the OP's powers are broken, even the devs.
    /+dumb vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWsuokWmEZI

This is a Thread about 4 dungeons returning. Must i read in every damn thread about some "broken" stuff? Its boring and anoying...
    Sunrise? You will love Frozen Heart. Was one of my favorite dungeons :D But i miss spellplague :'(
    I looooooove the decission they made and we getting some dungeons back. Thats so cool ^^
    Well seeing as this game Neverwinter is now also actively contributing towards the Forgotten Realms event timeline I can say with certainty that there will be demons, lots of demons everywhere in the "new" content. Because thats what the story is all about, some Archmage lowered the barier between the planes of existance so that demons can roam freely into this plane. And now they are here to take over everything. So yeah, you might not like it but thats EXACTLY the reason (lorewise) why your character has to go into those dungeons/places to get rid of the demonic infestation :).

But are they meant just for low level? Because it would be a tragedy that way. I want to play them. :*
    I looked at some screenshots but I really don't remember it. At least Dread Vault is one of the few missing I really disliked that one. :s

Try to find vids on YT. And yes, dread vault was one i hated most...this ugly brain made me headache ^^
    I think all dungeons will come in epic version. Well...i hope so