test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Developer Blog: Dungeons to Delve

Comments

• thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    blinxon said:

But are they meant just for low level? Because it would be a tragedy that way. I want to play them. :*
    I looked at some screenshots but I really don't remember it. At least Dread Vault is one of the few missing I really disliked that one. :s

Try to find vids on YT. And yes, dread vault was one i hated most...this ugly brain made me headache ^^
    I think all dungeons will come in epic version. Well...i hope so
    Pffft, I loved edv, it was the best designed boss fight in the entire game...multiple stages, required a skilled group to beat it (until mod 4/5 where you could solo it). It is the quality of dungeon I would like to see in this game.
  • blinxonblinxon Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    Ofc its a hell funny dungeon (edv), but i still think this stinky brain scared the HAMSTER out of me ^^
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Why not spell plague caverns or dread vault though? Hell why didn't DV return for the underdark launch.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    merilee said:

I suppose I am in the minority, but I would like to see either a return to five player teams or the option to enter a dungeon with 4 or 5 players. I am part of a group that plays together that specifically worked towards a five player team just for these dungeons.

Randy “Arkayne” Mosiondz said "Our goal here was to shorten the leveling dungeons," so I'll comment on that, as well. Having returned after a break just before the release of Strongholds and missing the installation of these changes, I have to say that the team succeeded fabulously at 'shortening' the dungeons by removing everything that was interesting about them. My first run through Cragmire Crypt after returning was disheartening to say the least and the new players in our guild are sick of hearing me tell them how much they are not seeing.

I suppose it is a matter of philosophy. I've heard so many times, "everything before level 70 is tutorial." That's just not so for me and the people I play with. There are 69 levels and 19 zones before the one level 70 and the seven zones for it. I can't be the only player who enjoys the story and the journey. Since I've returned, I've noticed that NWO is quite possibly the best MSO (Massively Single-Player Online) game out there. The point of those dungeons was not to level but to teach teamwork and so much of what has been added to the game has not done what it was added or changed to do, but rather to streamline the path to endgame.

Try not to forget there is a whole game before Endgame.

I could not agree more!

The original Cragmire Crypts had so many interesting areas! None of them were necessary to reach the end goal, which means that removing them was ***also*** unnecessary. It tells me that whoever made that decision has never run a PnP dungeon and/or has no concept of the wonder one feels when discovering something new (and the drive to explore so that you can hope to experience it).

Removing those areas was a huge mistake. Another one was changing the leveling dungeons such that only a three-man version is available. I cannot escape the feeling that the devs have never run a new character on Dragon with a PuG. The experience today, more often than not, is that one person runs ahead of the other two, completely ignoring everything on the way to each boss.

Leveling dungeons are supposed to exist to allow players to learn party roles and party cohesion. That isn't happening now until they reach the epic dungeons, which (I am sure) is one contributing factor to their difficulty. I couldn't count the number of times someone would run ahead in eCC, again and again, and then finally ragequit after dying for the fifth time -- because no one was able to help him, and *that* was because we were still dealing with the enemies he had ignored.

Party cohesion indeed.

The devs want to shorten the running time of dungeons to make the game more attractive to new players, but a dungeon is not a skirmish: in a dungeon, first and foremost, players should have the feeling that they are venturing into an unknown and dangerous place. A dungeon should not only invite exploration but also caution, even for veteran players. This necessarily involves a certain minimum running time. My suggestion is to also allow 5-man leveling dungeons that give increased rewards (or different rewards that don't introduce power creep, like special BoP fashion items, mounts, companions, or something). Alternately, side areas in dungeons (hint: PUT THEM BACK) should have a chance at dropping non-power-creep rewards.

There was -- and still is -- a way to make dungeons compelling without nerfing the character that makes them feel like dungeons in the first place.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    This went off topic fast.
    Glad this old request got some traction.
  • grabmooregrabmoore Member Posts: 188 Arc User

I find ETOS easier than ECC.
    Sincerely I don't care for Underdark, I like to run dungeons mostly, so the coming back is appreciated as with any economy fix (need fixing in Stronghold AD requirements and Respect feats AD requirements).
    Class balance still top priority, OP needs fixing, the perma-bubble builds are a threat to fun. Needs an ICD or a complete mechanic change (better).
    Anyway the game is better so hopefully there will b other fixes before the release of said dungeons. I'm happy for now (thanks devs for commitment).

oh so because you dont run a op you say they are broken, just as bad as all the crying about lost mau set etc, funny how people pick certain things an say they are broke. Maybe people outta begin to realize that some of these things are meant to be what they are.
    Welcome new player, good to see some unexperienced players here at the forum. This way we have something to do, since we completed the rest of the game already.

Let me inform you, the OP is indeed OverPowered. This is intended however, so new players can catch up using an easy-to-play class. Since the storm spell fix new players were struggeling, so they needed a new face roll character.

Same goes for the Lostmaut set. You can use it, if you don't like a challenge in your life at all. Maybe you are tired from work or school and want some relaxing times in the evening.

Don't fool yourself. They are broken, so you BUY em, equip em, refine em. Ofc Cryptic wants you to use Blood Rubies only, keep this in mind.
    @grabmoore

Heroes of Darkness

Retired since 02/15
    My opinions are my own. Please do not judge my friends nor guild for my statements.
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    I think one of the reasons that make the 3 man Dungeons that easy for someone just run ahead is the level limit system in use now, if your overleveled for a dungeon even with the "level reducion" you still overleveled for that (maybe equip is the cause).

Anyway i remember to see events and areas (on tyrany) where the enemies had a "Skull level", orange or red, and they used to adjust to our level and as far i can remember was far better system ... is true that my toon was much more weak so i maybe mistaken but why that kind of level adjustent was droped ??
  • gildriadorgildriador Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    blinxon said:

Everyone knows the LM set and the OP's powers are broken, even the devs.
    /+dumb vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWsuokWmEZI

This is a Thread about 4 dungeons returning. Must i read in every damn thread about some "broken" stuff? Its boring and anoying...
    Sunrise? You will love Frozen Heart. Was one of my favorite dungeons :D But i miss spellplague :'(
    I looooooove the decission they made and we getting some dungeons back. Thats so cool ^^
    Frozen Heart was one of my favorite too,

and Caverns of Karrundax was the only old dungeons that I never tried.

I could finally do it in module 9.

My control wizard is ready, it will be the time to fight Karrundax and try to disintegrate him. :)

For CN I hope it will be challenging like the old good days, when Draco was "THE" Boss to beat.

“He raised his staff. There was a roll of thunder. The sunlight was blotted out from the eastern windows; the whole hall became suddenly dark as night. The fire faded to sullen embers. Only Gandalf could be seen, standing white and tall before the blackened hearth.”
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Two Towers
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Some of the most fun moments I had with this game was way back during mod 2 while leveling up. Back then you could wipe in those low level dungeons. Died to traven twice, PK killed me numerous times, same with GWD.

Those days are long dead.
  • raithiasraithias Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Is there a way for my character to get the Archmage title in the game now? I was hoping for the return of the dungeon that would drop the loot needed to complete the set that grants the title.
    21.jpg
  • vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    "Epic Dungeons are available once you reach level 70. These are either revisited versions of regular dungeons or new end-game-only dungeons. These are considerably harder than your basic 3-person dungeons, with additional requirements:"

This is a qoute from the blog. Can you please clarify on the bold part?
    It says definitely dungeons (plural) yet from what the devs said in-game on preview we will have only 1 (one) new epic dungeon.
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    metalldjt said:

hustin1 said:

kaenkira said:

T2 set looks are confirmed returning.
    Also lol @ that bloom and filters in before & after shots. Before looked better. After looks like overly blurry Call of Duty.

metalldjt said:

@TERRAMAK I WANT THIS SET BACK IN THE GAME

I WILL PAY YOU 6MIL AD

Some T2 skins can be created by crafting, but I doubt any of the old T2 PvP skins can.
    what i gave you in the photo is not a crafted item, it used to drop in dreadvault
    Berserk Champion's Bracers , dont confuse them with Champion Bracers +6 or Berserker Bracers.

it has BERSERK in front, and the appearence is so unique that they can't be found in game anymore, not even on AH, for a long time i thought they dont even exist, but one of my guildie shown it to me few weeks ago, so as you can see BERSERK Champion's Bracers is one of the things that i wish to be implemented, ofc there is a Berserk Champions helm, armor, boots, greatsword aswell, you can check my link in signature.
    I see pieces of this occasionally on AH, but not all the time. And of course, at rates too high to actually buy. Love the set, I was able to preview enough of it to be drooling.
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

For CN I hope it will be challenging like the old good days, when Draco was "THE" Boss to beat.

I bet it will have a 2.5k requirement. If it's more I can park my toons. :|
    It's 2k. Still a cakewalk because OPs. Some of the AOEs might have made it a bit tricky without one.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • hyst3ricpon3shyst3ricpon3s Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    That's really nice and all, but, how about we get some changes that actually matter like class and item balances?
  • caunsidhcaunsidh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 272 Arc User
    vida44 said:

"Epic Dungeons are available once you reach level 70. These are either revisited versions of regular dungeons or new end-game-only dungeons. These are considerably harder than your basic 3-person dungeons, with additional requirements:"

This is a qoute from the blog. Can you please clarify on the bold part?
    It says definitely dungeons (plural) yet from what the devs said in-game on preview we will have only 1 (one) new epic dungeon.

False advertising.
    Therenil - Hunter Ranger, Stormwarden/Trapper
    3.jpg
  • bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    It's our understanding that there aren't going to be any other dungeons that are level 70 besides CN that are coming with Mod 9.. Sad thing is - I'm already so worn out as a player with this nonsense I feel completely arbitrary. I'm just a VIP sub to you aren't I cryptic? Not a player who expected something more and better or a person who loves what your game used to be. :(​​
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• theoddis1theoddis1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 353 Arc User

It's our understanding that there aren't going to be any other dungeons that are level 70 besides CN that are coming with Mod 9.. Sad thing is - I'm already so worn out as a player with this nonsense I feel completely arbitrary. I'm just a VIP sub to you aren't I cryptic? Not a player who expected something more and better or a person who loves what your game used to be. :(​​

worst part is its not even castle never its castle never lite...

• crizpynutzcrizpynutz Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    Soooo, just 1 epic dungeon. Consider the balloon popped if that doesn't change.