test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Announcing Neverwinter: The Maze Engine!

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
Neverwinter: The Maze Engine continues the story of demons escaping from the Abyss that was started in Neverwinter: Underdark. The demon lord Baphomet seeks the Maze Engine, a powerful artifact that could mean the end for all of Neverwinter's citizens.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9770373

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    Sweet!!! :smiley:
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    4 old dungeons and Castle Never!?!?!?!?

YES! YES!! YES!!!
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    Nice, one little thing I hope you comment on in the mounts piece. What about those of us who got +110 mounts that happened to be blue rather than purple (founders packs) ? Are we going to be discriminated against in the upgrade ?
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
  • Options
    kenshi001kenshi001 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I know this is posted for PC but will the xbox version be releasing together or at least close to it?
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    I will be interesting to see if the solo campaign will be a viable source for AD.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    nice, sadly the campaign is lv 60 but hey lets see

any balancing to be expected for mod 9? this is really important
  • Options
    My bets on the 4 dungeons are:
    Caverns of Karrundax
    Epic Dread Vault
    Lair of the Mad Dragon
    Spellplague caverns

Lets all take our own guesses :p
  • Options
    blazious11blazious11 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 331 Arc User
    So it's 4 dungeon + Castle Never as a higher (T3?) dungeon, or 4 included CN? 4 or 5? :smiley:

Anyway, most exciting news since ages!
    My story is truly a grand tale! Of course, any story about me is going to be grand simply by virtue of the main character.
  • Options
    bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    I'm so happy right now <3​​

Edit: I'm a naive FOOL. No more epic dungeons. </3
    Post edited by bitt3rnightmar3 on
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    This looks really cool....

But, I have to say: with a name like "The Maze Engine", it REALLY sounds like there should be a massive Foundry overhaul/fix included as well.. :-)

(A guy can dream, can't he? lol)
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    F***ing Awesome! I speculate-Maze Engine could bring multiple changing "maze" layouts???
  • Options
    strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    If you have any questions, ask them here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/43v4gh/developer_ama_on_neverwinter_the_maze_engine/

Scott, Lindsay and I will be answering all of them later today :D.

• Options

If you have any questions, ask them here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/43v4gh/developer_ama_on_neverwinter_the_maze_engine/

Scott, Lindsay and I will be answering all of them later today :D.

@strumslinger at some stage can we have a Q and A on the forums rather then on reddit, It would be nice to not have to make an account on reddit for that and I am sure that I am not the only one who lacks a reddit account.
  • Options
    @thefabricant Reddit makes it easier to reply to questions, but a Q&A on the forums sounds like a good idea for next time.

• Options
    mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    I want to test all of that stuff if possible...cant wait.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    ok, posted some foundry related questions, I hope to get some straight answer besides "we'll look into that in the future".
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    ladyfluviatilisladyfluviatilis Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    Sound great for now! Looking forward to more blog posts :smile:
    Strive always to aid, to foster new hope, new ideas, and new prosperity for all humankind and its allies. Perfect thyself, and guard ever against pride, for it is a sacred duty to foster new growth, nurture growing things, and work for rebirth and renewal. Be fertile in mind and in body. Consider always the consequences of thine actions so that the least effort may bring the greatest and best reward. Wherever you go, sow seeds of plants, tend the growing things you find, and plant seeds of hope, new ideas, and plans for a rosy future in the minds of all. Whenever possible, see each dawn. - Lathander's Dogma
  • Options
    gildriadorgildriador Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    OOOOOH Yeah!!! (With a loud voice ) :)

CN and 4 old dungeons, what a great news...

My bets on the 4 dungeons are:
    Caverns of Karrundax
    Epic Dread Vault
    Lair of the Mad Dragon
    Spellplague caverns

Lets all take our own guesses :p

it seems the logical choice.

I like them all, it's too hard to choose...

But here it was my favorite:

Lair of the Mad Dragon
    Throne of Idris
    The Frozen Heart

And for an unknown reason I never played Caverns of Karrundax. (at that time I was more a solo player)

I hope at least one of them will be there.
    “He raised his staff. There was a roll of thunder. The sunlight was blotted out from the eastern windows; the whole hall became suddenly dark as night. The fire faded to sullen embers. Only Gandalf could be seen, standing white and tall before the blackened hearth.”
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Two Towers
  • Options
    orangebangorangebang Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 55 Arc User
    This must be hard to keep all of these things secret while you are getting constantly harassed by us with "When are the dungeons coming back?" I hope all the dungeons come back so everyone can enjoy leveling to 60 the way it used to be.
  • Options
    darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Excellent!

Now put interesting rewards and something farmable and will be awesome
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • Options
    zukn75zukn75 Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    We're all glad the dungeons are returning, make no mistake about that. I started just before mod 6 hit and only got to run the Cloak Tower, so hurrah!
    I am surprised with the amount of time it took to return them and whether or not the retuneing of old content is worthy of being presented as a new mod.
    Yes 60-70 content was lacking so the new campaign will definitely be welcomed there.
    I look forward to seeing the rework on the mounts, I hope you won't add too much power to them. Power creep is an incipient concern for a lot of long term players.
    One concern is challenge levels and the fact boons and companions aren't considered in ILevel calculations. Fven given the same items a greenhorn lvl 70 with an un-upgraded companion with no companion equip is rated the same as lvl 70 with all boons and full stable of companions, yet they require different levels of challenge. And there's also power points.
  • Options
    foxxy#4211 foxxy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 563 Arc User
    Awesome! i thought it'd be only 1 dungeon, but 4? and including Castle never!!
    Everything looks super, but i won't get my hopes too high.

So my guess for the other 3 dungeons as you already stated 1 are: Whispering caverns, dread vault and throne of idris, they fit to the underdark look, so probably those.
  • Options
    janderxjanderx Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    i'm feeling that neverwinter is forgetting the free players way to fast (since tyranny of dragons) to become another cardboard cut mmo that needs to pay even to breathe. the first "redesign" that move end game campaigns to level 70 was absolutely unnecessary since they were launching new campaigns that could easily fit that level cap, making dungeons harder was also stupid move, changing the economy system too and keep making the game 99% for pay players, where all solutions and cool stuff are found in the zen market or by just buying zen.
    the most stupid idea are the 3 last campaigns that keeps you doing the same mission over and over and over again just to access the final boss battle that after spending thousands of boring empty plot hours doing the same you find out that the encounter is for level cap or you need better equipment, so you spent even more time doing the same to scratch some xp or/and ad to get to the final boss (i just give up at demogorgon and went play something still fun, like tic-tac-toe),
    and now you announce that dungeons are back, 3 dungeons and castle never? are you HAMSTER kidding me? the game is dungeons and dragons and this game got so much open areas that feels nothing like dungeons and dragons (no to say that keeps using the 4th edition system that by far is the worst crime against rpgs and the d&d legacy).
    the game needs to go back and be a dungeon crawl, give the enemies a bit of diversity in their attacks and some intelligence, and stop using the mob like that, a mob, a stupid mass of creatures that overwhelm with share power or numbers.
    go back to the basic d&d, to the smart d&d and remember the free players that put the game in the map.