test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lostmauth set

How does the xbox community feel about it? There is a poll for pc community on to nerf/balance it or bring the other sets in line to be on par with it? Since the devs seem to think its an ok thing to "balance" classes around broken items, how do we feel about?
Guardian-3150 IL warlock

Comments

• Options
    wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    My thoughts are it should not be nerfed as its not exactly easy to get... But the other sets should be brought into line with Lostmauth. They should all have elements to be more viable for most classes.

The set bonuses for most of them are a bit rubbish, its not that Lostmauth is over-powered its just that the other sets are under-powered I think.
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    fluffy6977fluffy6977 Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    Nerf,not buff the others. End game Dungeons should be challenging, not cakewalks.
  • Options
    firepats12#3687 firepats12 Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    I think the Lostmouth set is fine the way it is honestly, and the other sets could use some sort of buff. Granted, the only classes that use the Lostmouth set are DPS classes anyway, so it does not affect the entire playerbase (granted DPS is the WIDE majority). But for a DC, best set is probably the full Tiamat Set I would think, then Pally no set is really the best (unless you are PvP, but then you probably run Lostmouth thinking you are DPS), then GF I don't know.

So all in all, I think the Lostmouth set is fine, the other sets could use a buff AND I think they need to add a set that is actually useful for a Paladin.
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    buff the other sets, don't nerf lostmauth. the dungeons are not a cakewalk for the majority of gamers. yeah for the die hard super high IL types they might be but for your average gamer they are still too hard unless they happen to be with a perfect set up of people to run the dungeons and I don't think the majority of gamers in Neverwinter do that. yeah, you can make yourself OP if you work obsessively at it. and if that's what you want, good for you! but it takes either a lot of work or a lot of money to get there. most people just don't really play that much. something like the lostmauth set is NOT what pushes a person over the edge of OP or not op.

the tiamat set is currently unobtainable. the level resets every day instead of once a week. it is impossible to get to level 4 where tiamats orb or the cloak drop
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    I use the Imperial Dragon cloak on my Pally for the AP gain + Recovery but the set bonus is not relevant & neither is the belt. I got the cloak with Linu's Favors.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    @thefiresidecat I actually purchased the Tiamat set from the AH. The Amulet of Demise was about 500k, and the Tiamat Sash was about 30k, and I already had the Orb. I don't know how people got the Neck/Waist pieces, but a good bit (like 40-50 people of each) did get them somehow. In any case, it needs a buff.
  • Options

Nerf,not buff the others. End game Dungeons should be challenging, not cakewalks.

lol that really is a daft comment... as if the Lostmauth set is actually what makes end dungeons easy lol :)

Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    any time you have to spend that much money on something though its not something that just anyone can get. yah know? the orb is like a million dollars maybe more now. you should be able to grind it out. but you can't. so IMO it's not a feasible set ATM.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    wdj40 said:

lol that really is a daft comment... as if the Lostmauth set is actually what makes end dungeons easy lol :)

yes, its happening.
    a cw is doing 30% more damage thanks to the set.
    a gwf is adding strikes for 300-400k when in a party, increasing overall its damage of about 28%.
    a tr is increasing its damage of about 15-20%.
    a gf once it gets all its OP bonuses on can strike you for 25k+ lostmauth procs in PvP !
    hr-sw of about a 5% and for these 2 classes we can considering it balanced.

so overall in a dungeon composed by cw-gwf you are performing at least 30% better than you should.
    Bonding stone are another problem that should be closely looked at.

you guys dont have act or something like that so i hardly think you have some perception of actual numbers.

the whole server is complaining about gwfs outdpsing the hell out of everyone even with 1.5k ilvl less than you...well lostmauth is one of the big causes for this.

as an hr, sw, tr a fix to lostmauth to work as the tooltip states would reduce your damage of quite a bit.
    relatively to gwfs (the one hit the most by this proposed fix) your power would increase esponentially.

in short: on xbox you lose the perception of what is really happening.
  • Options
    rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    We, on the PC, just have the benefit of the ACT (advanced combat tracker) program. I dont think the xbox will ever have anything like that.

It's alot eaiser to see actual # evidence with that program.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    rayrdan said:

wdj40 said:

yes, its happening.
    a cw is doing 30% more damage thanks to the set.
    a gwf is adding strikes for 300-400k when in a party, increasing overall its damage of about 28%.
    a tr is increasing its damage of about 15-20%.
    a gf once it gets all its OP bonuses on can strike you for 25k+ lostmauth procs in PvP !
    hr-sw of about a 5% and for these 2 classes we can considering it balanced.

so overall in a dungeon composed by cw-gwf you are performing at least 30% better than you should.
    Bonding stone are another problem that should be closely looked at.

you guys dont have act or something like that so i hardly think you have some perception of actual numbers.

the whole server is complaining about gwfs outdpsing the hell out of everyone even with 1.5k ilvl less than you...well lostmauth is one of the big causes for this.

as an hr, sw, tr a fix to lostmauth to work as the tooltip states would reduce your damage of quite a bit.
    relatively to gwfs (the one hit the most by this proposed fix) your power would increase esponentially.

in short: on xbox you lose the perception of what is really happening.
    Ah cool thank you for that information I do not actually read much about other classes to be honest as I only really have concentrated my time on one... My HR (I do have 7 Alt`s but not experimented much with them yet until my HR is maxed).

Its probably why I did not see a need for a Nerf as it does not do the crazy amount of damage you are stating for other classes. I re-assess my opinion that it possibly needs a nerf for other classes then :)

Still I would like to see the other sets become more viable.

Edit... I`d like to apologise for my daft comment earlier, it was obviously made in ill judgement.
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    im not agaisnt buffing the other sets but those sets where introduced with some clear points:
    1) the bonuses should be nice
    2) the bonuses should be not gamebreaking but good enough to justify the forced choice
    3) overall class performances should not change wearing or not wearing that set.

so i would really starting nerfing something that is adding in mean 20% bonus damage to all classes rather than buffing some other set into something ridicolous. stuffs dont get fixed fast, if they get fixed... mind you

and then we should remember another important fact:
    mod 6 level cap raise was something we experimented less than a year ago. The main cause was power creep impossible to control. We are heading there again.
    On youtube is full of 3k gwf with just an augmented companion solo ing all t2s.
    I know some 4k trs with bondings and elixirs able to solo t2s.
    hell, i just saw a 3.6k hr (mind you, the best of your pc server) with bondings ( and full elixirs too) solo ing cragmire and temple of spider.

do you really want another mod 6? what will they remove this time?
    because i definitely can stand such thing again anytime soon.

for me a 3 set piece should not increase class performances of more than a 8% to 10%.
    but when something supposed to hit for "weapon damage" which is around 1.8k for most classes starts to hit from 50k to 400k well something is seriously off.
    the proposed is not a nerf ( well in the end is a nerf ), what people are asking is too let him work as the tooltip suggests it should work. Otherwise either the proc is bugged or my weapon damage should be 50k+

wooooo too long sorry

check the last video at least.

the 3k gwf soloing epic gray wolf:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7kWRPwNyk8

the 3.6k hr soloing etos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJHtzmkVavI

the 3.6k hr soloing cragmire:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zWRBW4cWi0

what happens when 3 right dps classes wearing that set are supported my some debuffing ones?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=io6daJ98EJY
  • Options
    respectpaysrespectpays Member Posts: 344 Arc User
    tbh think anything outside of mod 5 shouldn't give set bonuses any set bonus at this point is overpowered
  • Options
    fluffy6977fluffy6977 Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    I appreciate the apology. Fact is the set is not working as intended, no set should give 30% more overall damage to any class, which is why I do not want to see every single set buffed to that value.

Given that you main an HR it's understandable that you don't see it, in an attempt to fix an in fit damage loop resulting from HR damage over time effects proccing Lostmauth damage they nerfed it so it doesn't trigger on encounters that apple DoTs, so the set doesn't do much for HR or Master of Flames CWs. If it added damage across the board as it does currently on HRs it would not be an issue.

I wish I had ACT on the xbox, digging through the combat log is terrible.
  • Options
    iyodahiyodah Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    As someone who basically only runs a SW may I just say that nerfing a set that doesn't boost my class as much as other classes will only further downgrade us. SW's on the whole have never been on the forefront without a TON of work and have received very little love. While I understand other classes are getting insane boosts from this set, something needs to be done above and beyond just nerfing the entire set.
  • Options
    rayrdan said:

im not agaisnt buffing the other sets but those sets where introduced with some clear points:
    2) the bonuses should be not gamebreaking but good enough to justify the forced choice
    3) overall class performances should not change wearing or not wearing that set.

so i would really starting nerfing something that is adding in mean 20% bonus damage to all classes rather than buffing some other set into something ridicolous. stuffs dont get fixed fast, if they get fixed... mind you

mod 6 level cap raise was something we experimented less than a year ago. The main cause was power creep impossible to control. We are heading there again.
    hell, i just saw a 3.6k hr (mind you, the best of your pc server) with bondings ( and full elixirs too) solo ing cragmire and temple of spider.

for me a 3 set piece should not increase class performances of more than a 8% to 10%.
    but when something supposed to hit for "weapon damage" which is around 1.8k for most classes starts to hit from 50k to 400k well something is seriously off.
    the proposed is not a nerf ( well in the end is a nerf ), what people are asking is too let him work as the tooltip suggests it should work. Otherwise either the proc is bugged or my weapon damage should be 50k+

wooooo too long sorry

what happens when 3 right dps classes wearing that set are supported my some debuffing ones?

Wow I don't even know how that HR is getting some of those combo's!

Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options

I appreciate the apology. Fact is the set is not working as intended, no set should give 30% more overall damage to any class, which is why I do not want to see every single set buffed to that value.

Given that you main an HR it's understandable that you don't see it, in an attempt to fix an in fit damage loop resulting from HR damage over time effects proccing Lostmauth damage they nerfed it so it doesn't trigger on encounters that apple DoTs, so the set doesn't do much for HR or Master of Flames CWs. If it added damage across the board as it does currently on HRs it would not be an issue.

I wish I had ACT on the xbox, digging through the combat log is terrible.

Ha ha I get that... I have spent so much time going through the mass of data in the combat log and there are still some things I just cannot figure out :)

I`ve seen a little bit of that ACT now when browsing the Reddit forum, I really wish I could get that and use it on the X1 :(
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    iyodah said:

As someone who basically only runs a SW may I just say that nerfing a set that doesn't boost my class as much as other classes will only further downgrade us. SW's on the whole have never been on the forefront without a TON of work and have received very little love. While I understand other classes are getting insane boosts from this set, something needs to be done above and beyond just nerfing the entire set.

Um, currently S
    rayrdan said:

wooooo too long sorry

I have re-specced a couple of times and I have been trying to recreate the ticks and damage the HR does in those clips. I`m not entirely sure how he does so much damage in such a short space of time, I would love to see his build and rotations etc.
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    respectpaysrespectpays Member Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    having high crit chance with crit severity from center tree u can hit up to 120k crits 200k+ seismic shots with no buffs/ if you know how to use hunters team work correctly you'll see those #'s non stop. from what im seeing his completely built in the bottom tree. probly doesn't have slashers mark or fleet stance has the rest. if u watch close enough when he doesn't crit u don't see the unbeilable amont of ticks that's a paragaon feat
  • Options
    tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    wdj40 said:

My thoughts are it should not be nerfed as its not exactly easy to get... But the other sets should be brought into line with Lostmauth. They should all have elements to be more viable for most classes.

The set bonuses for most of them are a bit rubbish, its not that Lostmauth is over-powered its just that the other sets are under-powered I think.

Black Ice set isn't, lol.

Just gave a Bubble Pally the shock of his life.

Its ridiculously hard to get though and that's a problem. Cloak and Belt should be 125k each, not 250k.

But Id rather they fix the two more important issues first:

- Disable Stronghold boons outside of Stronghold/Guild related activities in PvE.
    - Change the Crushing Roots feat. to have no effect in PvP.

An MMO I enjoy just fixed a situation like the first one by giving a quest to those at max level and who never joined a guild to obtain an item called the Guild Slayers Mark, it locks you out of ever joining a guild with that character but in return anyone who has ever been or is in a guild deals 50% less damage to you in PvP and you deal 50/100/150/200% more damage to them as you upgrade it. In PvE it causes you to do 50% more damage and take 10% less for every former or current guild member in your group.

When guild players complained they were told:

"You had to have seen this coming, there is a price for all power and it's time for you to pay"
  • Options
    tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    wdj40 said:

iyodah said:

Um, currently S
    rayrdan said:

wooooo too long sorry

I have re-specced a couple of times and I have been trying to recreate the ticks and damage the HR does in those clips. I`m not entirely sure how he does so much damage in such a short space of time, I would love to see his build and rotations etc.
    To be fair, that GWF is Lezalia.

Normal standards do not apply.
  • Options
    iyodahiyodah Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    @wdj40

You quite literally said "Um, currently S". Was wondering if you could complete that thought for us.
  • Options
    ajax0101ajax0101 Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    Honestly who cares about the balance of the lostmauth set. With the numerous problems that this game has experienced since launch on xbox why is nerfing lostmauth make its way to the top of the pile of must review items. How about bring back content the game launched with. How about make tiered pvp or add more than 4 pvp maps. Fix the Elven Battle enchantment. Stop the script kiddy that knocks your game offline almost daily. Maybe fix determination for GWF'S. Actually have the symbol of air and fire refine correctly. The list could go on and on. So why does lostmauth set even register in this environment.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    I agree with most of that @ajax0101 but honestly most of your comment concerns PvP, which is secondary to PvE by a LARGE margin. They don't care too much about PvP, mainly because it is awful in this game, but also because it is a PvE game at its core.
  • Options
    ajax0101ajax0101 Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    I guess those were the broken things that immediately came to mind. PVP or PVE too much stuff is broken in this game to entertain this question in any serious way.
  • Options
    iyodah said:

@wdj40

You quite literally said "Um, currently S". Was wondering if you could complete that thought for us.

I have no idea how or why that comment got into my quote lol, it has no place in my memory what so ever, I was probably going to reply to something else and did not catch it when I commented on the videos :)
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    kissukeukissukeu Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    wdj40 said:

I don't think it's too terribly difficult to get if you farm AD, now going "legit" might take you a millennia.

The other sets are pretty much worthless, and a buff to them would give players a bit more flexibility in play style.

Someone I loved once gave me a box full of darkness. It took me years to understand this was a gift too.
  • Options
    raymond00713raymond00713 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    Dont feed into the propaganda people! It's just a ploy! They'll use this as evidence, then when everyone says "what the heck? I invested so much, why did you change the rules" they'll say "you asked for it..."