test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game crash caused interaction with objects/NPCs to break.

awrex1977awrex1977 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
Last night around 10 PM central I started having the same issue (opening doors, interacting with NPCs, etc) on 1 character. After the DDoS, in Blackdagger Ruins (not Drowned Shore), went to enter the Sea Caves (Old Lenn - I think that is the NPC's name - quest), went to door, clicked to enter, game crashed, got a message (I had never seen before) "could not find/load (?) character container" (or something similar to that, should have written it down), logged back in on same character, same issue, Moonstone Mask teleport would not work, basically stuck in Blackdagger Ruins, could still attack/kill mobs, could not interact with anything else.

Logged on to a couple other characters & did not experience any issues.

Seems like I am not alone, zone chat (Blackdagger ruins) last night, reddit, and these forums all describing something similar.

Comments

• roclobster200roclobster200 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    We are having the same issues in Pirates Sky hold right now
  • zosos#5624 zosos Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Same issue this morning with Blackdagger Ruins. Can't get into Hidden Cove without it crashing. Can't leave BDR & return to Protectors Enclave. Can't interact with NPC's, chest or loot from mobs ( except the loot that can be walked over to pick up ). These are some of the same issues that plagued Perfect World Int. after it's launch & from my sources still plague it even today. So we shall see if the IT team can fix this. (My opinion -- doubtful!!) Did place a ticket in with support on this issue, so guess it becomes a waiting game now.
  • valdomis#3233 valdomis Member Posts: 1 New User
    same character trapped in blackdagger ruins ,
  • zosos#5624 zosos Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I took the liberty of also posting on the Xbox forums about this issue. Perhaps if Microsoft or the Xbox Team gets involved this issue will be taken care of quickly. The Xbox post can be found here http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/games/n/neverwinter/f/5308/t/2112712.aspx

Take Care!!! :)
  • melissa#8308 melissa Member Posts: 1 New User
    velosk all morning
  • ultimatebladerv1ultimatebladerv1 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    I had this issue in Caer Konig. If you login under a different instance, it should be ok. I'm actually having the same issue right now with a new toon in BDR as well.

EDIT: New discovery. In BDR, if you attempt the Hidden Cove, it'll shut you down in that instance as well. The cove entrance is bugged right now. Abandon that mission from Old Lenn.
    Post edited by ultimatebladerv1 on
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Can people start listing the instance numbers where these problems are occurring please and thank you?
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • jonathanleivers1jonathanleivers1 Member Posts: 1 New User
    same problem I am having in Vellosk ...... instance #1, #2, #4
  • roclobster200roclobster200 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Inst #1 in Pirates Skyhold
  • kriskyled#7025 kriskyled Member Posts: 2 New User
    I have been experiencing this problem as well since yesterday at or around 8 PM. The game is virtually unplayable. I cannot interact with any player controlled looting, doors, instances etc.

The Area that I am having issues with is in Ebon Downs (Xbox One) Instance #3 and #4.

I haven't been able to progress anything other than professions on my characters the last to days, and kill the dragon in Ebon Downs.
  • bmjmfg#6532 bmjmfg Member Posts: 1 New User
    Went to the close the crown quest said couldnt load character container and now been stuck here just downloaded the game and it was all going good now this wonder if i should just delete the game not even to level ten and cant do anything else
  • kriskyled#7025 kriskyled Member Posts: 2 New User
    From the guys at @NeverwinterGame twitter: "We're aware of the inability to interact and are looking into it. In the meantime, please submit a ticket to website". [this forum doesn't let me post links]

If you go to Arc Games website and look in support.... scroll to the bottom after selecting 'games' and look for 'Suport Center'. That is how you start their ticket process. I know it is more difficult to find than it really should be compared to other game companies interfaces.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2016
    There's a direct link to the Support Center in my signature. Here it is again in-line though: Support Center.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    I'm having this problem in neverdeath with my level 31 paladin. I try to enter the clockwork tomb and it says that it can't transfer the player container or some such thing and then I can't interact with anythign including that door again. other toons are absolutely fine. I turned my console off and back on again and it restored working order as far as being able to interact but as soon as I tried to enter the tomb same error and same problem. currently in instance 11 of never death but this is really wide spread everyone is having the same problem in neverdeath. the chatboard is full of it.

there is a player in ins 10 no one else responded with their instances although others are complaining about it in chat.

I've changed toons and gone back turned off the console and turned it back on a number of times. it's a different instance most of the time but same problem
    Post edited by thefiresidecat on
  • donager#7880 donager Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    This is quite frustrating. I am relatively new to the game. My GWF is level 33. I really enjoy the concept, but the game simply isn't playable. It's quite disappointing. If this continues, I will probably move on.
    I've been playing for 8 months or so now and this is the first time I've ever seen anything like this happen.
  • donager#7880 donager Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    > @thefiresidecat said:
    > I've been playing for 8 months or so now and this is the first time I've ever seen anything like this happen.

That's good to hear. My initial impression is unfavorable, at best.
  • s9088s9088 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    This is starting to become <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Thankfully I haven't spent any real money on it yet.
    there was a few days of hacker attacks that caused massive lagging and server time outs but that's not neverwinters fault. that's some hacker jerks fault.
  • respawnsuk#2597 respawnsuk Member Posts: 10 New User
    Stuck in Vellosk, instance 2. Any idea how long a fix will take?
  • shitzengiglesshitzengigles Member Posts: 1 New User
    I am having the same issue with my cleric in Blackdagger Ruins. and as well as experienced it with my other characters in other locations. my rouge was hit with it.
  • muckingfuppetmuckingfuppet Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    been stuck in pirates skyhold for 24 hours now wish they would pull there fingers out and get this fixed, iv just bought 11,000 zen and can't even use it
  • morrisaomorrisao Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I had this problem last night and ended up giving it a miss for the night. Just tried again now (nearly 20 hours later) and the same thing is still happening. Not at all impressed.
  • badmrfrostyxxxbadmrfrostyxxx Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Looking at the various reports it seems the bug is caused by entering a secondary area or lair from any of the main adventuring zones. The same caused the issue for me, I tried to enter the area for Ancient Treasures and got the "could not find character container" error and was booted back to the main menu. When I logged back in I was in a different instance as a dragon fight was going on, killed him then tried to do Ancient Treasures again - same error and booted. Now I'm stuck and cant interact with anything.
    pirates skyhold instance one
    edited January 2016
    admin instead of just giving us advice on what we can do why don't you give us an update on what the hell is going on, my gwf that iv just paid 65 pound on zen on is now stuck in pirates skyhold instance one for 24 hours, this isn't a player problem or Internet problem or anything else but your problem it's your game that's doing this to people the same people that have paid hundreds of pounds like me on there characters that now can't be used, don't leave your playing customers in the dark, these are the same people that pay your wage, get it fixed
  • xephyr#9567 xephyr Member Posts: 1 New User
    when this started it stopped me from being able to invoke.
    and I still can't. it will perform the action but will not give rewards. Immediately after I can Invoke again with the same result.
  • tigion#4357 tigion Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Hopeless I have 3 alts that are bugged can't do anything a bit more info coming from arc would calm everyone down

when this started it stopped me from being able to invoke.

and I still can't. it will perform the action but will not give rewards. Immediately after I can Invoke again with the same result.

that doesn't have to do with this bug. clear out your overstock bag. you should be able to invoke again
  • iyodahiyodah Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    I have found two separate solutions for this problem. If one doesn't work the other should.

1. Exit game (actually quit game) reload the game. Do this 2-3 times and then reboot your Xbox.

2. Change character and log back in (several times) then reboot your Xbox.

Sometimes a combination of the two seems to work.

3. Change character, log back in. Crash the game. Rinse repeat 2-3 times and reboot the Xbox.