What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Invitation to Casual Gamers

Comments

• slywithanislywithani Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Alright got you an email sent
  • randomdigits#2166 randomdigits Member Posts: 700 Arc User
    @slywithani Looks like that worked, I see that "Mjolnir@Sly with a I" is in the roster. Welcome Mjolnir, nice gamertag :smile:. Many thanks for helping, @zephyriah!

Ana Taletreader (CW) / Friend of Casual Gamers
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User

@slywithani Looks like that worked, I see that "Mjolnir@Sly with a I" is in the roster. Welcome Mjolnir, nice gamertag :smile:. Many thanks for helping, @zephyriah!

Yeah, I'm a moron.

I didn't realize "with an l" was part of the gamertag, until the email. I thought it was clarification of the spelling. There is also a valid gamertag of just "sly".

• thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    I thought the same thing Zephyr
  • slywithanislywithani Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Haha yeah the with the I is part of it. I'm going to try and grind to lvl 70 this week so I can partake in some of the events.
  • eisen#2836 eisen Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Hi, a few of my friends and I started playing this game recently. We have been primarily focused on leveling but are now looking to start end game content and looking for a guild. I am currently level 68 and my friends (4) range between 50 and 66. This guild looks like a good fit for us because we are in fact casual gamers, despite the fact we leveled up as far as we have in 3 weeks lol. If you have room, send me and invite and I will check you guys out.

GT: Eisenhovver (with 2 v's not a w)
    Name: Eisen Naraku (also play on alt 'Nara Ku' with my gf at night)
    Usually on randomly between 4pm and 1am EST
  • crom#2845 crom Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    You can try inviting me, character name is Crom. Not sure if it'll go though right, I'm presently banned.

Hi, a few of my friends and I started playing this game recently. We have been primarily focused on leveling but are now looking to start end game content and looking for a guild. I am currently level 68 and my friends (4) range between 50 and 66. This guild looks like a good fit for us because we are in fact casual gamers, despite the fact we leveled up as far as we have in 3 weeks lol. If you have room, send me and invite and I will check you guys out.

GT: Eisenhovver (with 2 v's not a w)

Name: Eisen Naraku (also play on alt 'Nara Ku' with my gf at night)

Usually on randomly between 4pm and 1am EST

Invite sent to Eisen Naraku and Nara Ku.

crom#2845 said:

You can try inviting me, character name is Crom. Not sure if it'll go though right, I'm presently banned.

Well, we will also need the gamertag for an invite. Crom@

If banned or previously banned, the guild leader or officer may have some questions.
  • telprydaintelprydain Member Posts: 545 Arc User

Dorn the Necrobane - 27 Oathbound Paladin (probably going Devotion Healadin with him)

Nice to see another Paladin. If you need any help or have any questions, feel free to shoot me a Tell (My main is the Dragonborn Bubble Paladin, Ardu)
    Casual Gamers
    Join us brothers and sisters and distant relations and confused onlookers.
    Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.
    "In war, unqualified. In peace, disorganised. In death, mild irritation."

JOIN US.
    zephyriah said:

crom#2845 said:

If banned or previously banned, the guild leader or officer may have some questions.
    zephyriah said:

crom#2845 said:

umm yeah, why are you banned? :)

edited January 2016

zephyriah said:

crom#2845 said:

zephyriah said:

crom#2845 said:

umm yeah, why are you banned? :)

Probably a topic best not discussed on the forum. I planned to issue an invite (or at least try) when the necessary information was posted and let the "higher ups" sort it out in chat or email.
    Yep - pretty sure there are rules against discussing bans on the forums... no matter how tempting a tidbit the resulting answer would be.
    Casual Gamers
    Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.

JOIN US.
    I knew that! but totally forgot about it. LOL sorry.
    edited January 2016
    We have recently received several suggestions on improving our use of guild vault, so I'd like to share some thoughts on that here to clarify the current thinking and get more feedback.

A bit of background knowledge first.
    Guild bank is collection of tabs that could be used to store gold and inventory items. You can access Guild Bank through tellers stationed in Protector's Enclave near Sergeant Knox and in the Bank buildings, as well as in Stronghold near coffer. Each tab can store up to 48 items. Guild lead can unlock up to 8 tabs with each subsequent tabs having increasing cost: 1st = 150K AD, 2nd = 300K AD, 3rd = 450K AD, and so on. Each tab can be configured to have different permissions for different guild member ranks. These permissions are defined in terms of daily deposit and withdrawal item count and gold amount limits.

Guild bank has several known issues:
    1) Members might not be able to deposit items sometimes if they have already withdrew substantial number of items from the vault on that day. E.g. if the limit to withdraw is 20 and they already took 10 deposit may get locked through the rest of the day. This is the reason why the withdrawal limit for our Bank Vault #1 is set to 99 - to make sure that people could still deposit after withdrawing a few items.
    2) If a malicious user gains a permission to invite and promote guild members to the rank which allows limited daily withdrawal this allows overcoming the limit by repeating invite/promote/withdraw/kick loop.
    3) It's been noticed several times that the set permissions may sometimes randomly change. E.g. I was once notified that the gold withdrawal flag for Recruits got suddenly enabled even though it was initially disabled. This means we have to check the permission periodically to ensure they are unchanged.
    4) Guild Vault activity log is limited to a few weeks, so it is not really possible to review someone's full deposit/withdrawal history.

Our current usage rules for the bank could be described as:
    1) Please do not consider Guild Bank as your personal storage, items added to the Guild Bank Tab #1 are for anyone to grab.

2) Anyone with permissions to withdraw is allowed to withdraw, but please, only take the items you would directly use on your character. IT IS NOT OK to withdraw items to sell them, unless you were explicitly allowed to by the Guild Officers.

3) If you would like to donate more than your daily limit allows or deposit is disabled for some other reason you could send these items to one of the Guild Officers with a request to deposit them for you.

4) Please donate to the bank inexpensive items that would very likely be of use to our new and current members. This includes:
    a) basic stuff for the new level 70s who are short on money, e.g. skill kits, healing potions, injury kits, id scrolls
    b) buff potions and scrolls for dragon fights
    c) weapon overload enchants
    d) green artifact equipment, Mulhorand gear, basic mounts

5) It's OK to temporarily add a limited amount of event drop items to give them away, e.g. event dyes

6) Please do not add items which are:
    a) typically unwanted - like many potions, cheap curiosity lockbox drops
    b) expensive - adding those invites drama - and if you want to help guild - just sell those and contribute as AD.
    c) enchants - as there would be players who would withdraw and donate these to coffer anyway and we don't want spend time to police that.

7) Everything in the vault is subject to removal to free space as necessary. Meaning it would be sold to vendors for gold or in AH for AD with proceedings used to add some other useful items.

I'll try to add another post soon to clarify our plans for unlocking Tab #2 and the potential use of it.
    If we're going to start using that twitter, it might be a good idea to edit that into the first post and/or perhaps fire out a guild-mail for those who don't visit the forums.

Awesome to see how close we're getting to the Temple.
    Just curious, were we planning to build up to the Revive Sickness boon? Considering the nerf that Life Steal got hit with in Mod8 I was surprised to see the temple as the first target rather than the stable (defense, then Arm Pen). Not suggesting that temple is the wrong move, just wondering what the overall plan is so I know which items will be in demand.
    Casual Gamers

JOIN US.
    edited January 2016
    I"ll look in on the twitter if everyone else is there but for me it's not something I like at all. It's way too public. I like being able to restrict who sees what I post. I'm a Facebook person. it's more forumy. your groups can be private.
    Facebook seems like a better idea to me too, but I didn't think it was on the cards.
    Casual Gamers

JOIN US.
  • firepats12#3687 firepats12 Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    Twitter is just an option, not something anyone has to do. I personally use Twitter everyday, and hardly ever use Facebook anymore. That's why I offered Twitter as another option. In any case, we will have a website soon, so neither Facebook nor Twitter will be that useful.
  • cynical89cynical89 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I haven't played in a long time the only reason I stopped is because I got tired of running solo and got bored of the game. Got back on it yesterday just to see what's new and a lot has changed lol. If you guys still got room I would an invite would be appreciated. My characters name is Cynical and my gamertag is CynicalBast3rd2

I got a trickster rouge lv60
    edited January 2016

Twitter is just an option, not something anyone has to do. I personally use Twitter everyday, and hardly ever use Facebook anymore. That's why I offered Twitter as another option. In any case, we will have a website soon, so neither Facebook nor Twitter will be that useful.

I think Twitter was a good idea - the trick is to funnel the information through it more efficiently. If anything, I think the twitter will be MORE valuable once the website is up, since you can use it to let people know when something new is posted.
    In fact, it could be worth posting out:
    * A link to this page, letting people know that there are some new Guild Bank Guidelines from randomdigits.
    * A reminder that people shouldn't do their weekly campaign quests until the double AD starts tomorrow.
    * A link to the event page the the weekend Coins event.

Once the web-page is up and the twitter is alerting of any updates, it might be worth asking an officer to send out a notification via Guild Mail.
    Casual Gamers

JOIN US.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/442312832629008/ this is the facebook group but only 4 people are in it. LOL. so it's kinda dead. if people want to join though it's also there.
    I.... did not know that was a thing. Joining anyway.
    I wonder if you might be able to drive some of the newer users to the Twitter/Facebook. Was the "no lottery" thing a hard and fast rule? Might be interesting to get something kinda rare (like the Egg item) and do a giveaway to someone on the Facebook and/or Twitter list.
    Casual Gamers

JOIN US.
  • olddogsparkyolddogsparky Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I'm new to the guild (Iron Blood - GWF) andI just joined the FB group. I hope to learn the ropes a little better and get to know everyone. Good experience so far. Everyone seems very friendly.

Just being solo previously, I've avoided most of the T1/T2 dungeons. Hoping to help the guild out on some of those runs. I'm right at 2.5k iLvl now and hopefully those pants I have cooking in the professions will roll a Tier 3 gemmed version.
  • akakilla32akakilla32 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    I can't seem to send a damn PM on this board, can you send me a PM with your gamertag Randomdigits? I'm really interested in your guild and I'd like to chat with you about it next week.

Thanks!
    Well, glad to have you join the ranks. We have some pretty solid GWF currently, so we can see how you stack up :wink:
    edited January 2016
    Double AD: I know what you’re thinking – we’ll build that temple in no time! But stop right there – what we need to be doing right now is buying as much zen as we can while it’s still under 130ad.
    Right now that exchange is low, but it’s about to go through the roof. If you use 100000ad to buy 800 Zen at 125ad per Zen now, you’ll be able to sell that Zen for 112000 when the exchange gets to 150ad per Zen. And it’s likely to go much, MUCH higher than that.
    Why is it going to go high? Because the more AD someone has, the more they are willing to pay per Zen. This weekend we have:
    - Double AD
    - The coins event that can give between 6000– 250,000 raw AD at a time (depending on what you open)
    - Weekend is when most people play
    - Lockbox keys are on sale (!!!)

Any one of those things can push the exchange 10-20% higher, and these things compound – for example, the double AD applies to the coins event – so someone opening a large chest could get that doubled for a total of 500,00 in one go. And everyone wants keys, so people will be grabbing Zen to take advantage of the 15% discount while they can.
    So horde that zen now and you can see a big profit.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/xbox/neverwinter/news/detail/9759343-neverwinter-xbox-one:-coins-of-waukeen-returns!

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/xbox/neverwinter/news/detail/9763033-neverwinter-xbox-one:-enchanted-key-sale!

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/xbox/neverwinter/news/detail/9760613-neverwinter-xbox-one:-2x-astral-diamond-weekend!
    Post edited by telprydain on
    Casual Gamers

JOIN US.
    edited January 2016
    @akakilla32 I've sent you a forum mail with contacts for me and Tiberius. Any Senior Member can invite you and many of them could probably answer your questions. You can find when they are online through the Find Guild menu.

@telprydain Good suggestion about the ZAX trading. Remember that UD (Underdark) is also coming fairly soon, so stocking up on Zen is a good idea in a short or long term. If you catch the right time it drops to 120-125 AD during the day too.

The lottery avoidance is not a hard and fast rule, but just a feeling that it may not be the most efficient way of re-distributing wealth among the guild members. Do you suggest we use it on top of the guild mail to draw more people to Twitter/Facebook? I am a bit skeptical about these (for many reasons, sorry!) but I'd totally help with that if there are people who like socializing on these sites.
    edited January 2016
    Lost progress on the website because some odd computer glitch. So I made a fairly nice site somewhat quickly. It is pretty bare bones right now, and I still have some work to do. But for the time being until I can improve it and add our own private forum to it, this one will do: casualgamersnw.weebly.com/

**Also, if some of you want to take some pics of your toons or videos or pics of you in a group with other guild members do so and send them to my XBOX email at: firepats12@gmail.com. I really want to have a slideshow of guild pics for the front page of the site.
    Post edited by firepats12#3687 on

Good suggestion about the ZAX trading. Remember that UD (Underdark) is also coming fairly soon, so stocking up on Zen is a good idea in a short or long term. If you catch the right time it drops to 120-125 AD during the day too.

Managed to get a bunch at 118AD each early in the week. That's going to work out well. B)

The lottery avoidance is not a hard and fast rule, but just a feeling that it may not be the most efficient way of re-distributing wealth among the guild members. Do you suggest we use it on top of the guild mail to draw more people to Twitter/Facebook? I am a bit skeptical about these (for many reasons, sorry!) but I'd totally help with that if there are people who like socializing on these sites.

Fair call - And thinking about it more, it invites drama. Who can enter? How do you choose? Can officers enter - and if so, is that favoritism?
    It would just be nice to get that extra level of engagement - but having experienced the murder-train that was riding around the strong hold last night, perhaps the best method is just more of that stuff.

Casual Gamers

JOIN US.
This discussion has been closed.