test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rings not dropping in UD skirmishes and demogorgon

kievitzkievitz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 260 Arc User
In 2 days I have ran several skirmishes and both demogorgon,all where ranked silver or gold and no rings were granted, only got rings from chests. Only faerzess and seals. I have capped my ichor. Do skirmishes and demogorgon always drop rings when ranked bronze silver or gold?.

Comments

• lemonchilllemonchill Member Posts: 523 Arc User
    did someone said ninja nerf ??? :)
  • kievitzkievitz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 260 Arc User
    Dont know what this 2 day dry season was, ran POM just now and voila a ring dropped.

I want some answers from cryptic for it and how come they say loot scales in skirmishes and demo with how good you rank broze, silver or gold, i call BS on that.

This run and several others ive ran past 2 days have been rank gold and some had all phases gold and still rings dont drop and when they drop in gold rank they are blue +1 HAMSTER.

How do they explain it??,

I can say that the only explanation is the more geared u are the better u fare like in Heralds. Cos ive noticed also that when i have been top paingiver ive gotten epic rings. So u can take yer "team effort, loot scale by rank" HAMSTER and shove it. If cryptic has implemented a cooldown for ring drops in UD skirmishes and demogorgon i hope they at least be honest about it.

"The fight against Demogorgon is split into three different phases. Overall rewards are based upon the player’s performance in each of the phases. Our goal with this was to reward players for their efforts along every step of the fight – the harder you try, the better you’ll be rewarded. We won’t spoil what’s in store in each phase, but let’s just say that adventurers will have to protect themselves from Demogorgon’s madness or face the consequences."

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9637873-developer-blog:-demogorgon-fight

Taken straight from the developer blog, is cryptic feeding us BS?. As i understand what i read, rewards should scale with with the overall rank the party gets or is cryptic still rewarding purely those who have high IL, my guess is, yes.

Get your act together cryptic!!
  • looomislooomis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 253 Arc User
    To get gold does not mean that you cant get a +1 ring.
    I posted a feedback to have devs a chance to explain why the rings, that in my opinion are a part of the rewards in demogorgon and skirmishes, should scale up if u get gold. They deleted the post. Ran a few today, runs were gold and silver rank and some had all phases gold. One silver rank demogorgon gave no ring drop (again) and i was in the 6-10 bracket when finished, but top of the paingiver chart did get rings???

-Rings do not scale with the rank (why? they are a part of the reward)
    -Unless you are high or top in the end charts u get nothing or blue one both drop and chest
    -Being the best in the paingiver (im HR) chart yields epics even if u rank silver??? (have ran several of these kinda skirmishes)

So in my opinion as long as you get a medal rank but are ex. top paingiver u get better rewards for yourself not the whole team. This is not what they wrote in the developer blogs

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9572853-developer-blog:-underdark-features

"Variable Rewards

It always feels good to make obvious progress as you increase in skill and tactics. As you learn and play the content this expansion, you’ll find yourself getting better, and earning higher rewards. Each of the replayable pieces of content will reward based on varying success levels. With everyone working together, the best rewards will be possible!"

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9637873-developer-blog:-demogorgon-fight

"The fight against Demogorgon is split into three different phases. Overall rewards are based upon the player’s performance in each of the phases. Our goal with this was to reward players for their efforts along every step of the fight – the harder you try, the better you’ll be rewarded. We won’t spoil what’s in store in each phase, but let’s just say that adventurers will have to protect themselves from Demogorgon’s madness or face the consequences."

I will no longer post on this subject because they childlishly avoid all questions and even posts that have legitimate questions about reward mechanics get deleted.

And the old verse "we cant reveal anything because of exploits" is not valid, the only thing that would probably happen is that the playerbase would start to criticise cryptic and PWE more for not being honest about what they write about their game.

Players would stop playing the scenarios where hopes are up but fail, because of false information given to them. Like most players i will stop running demogorgon after i get my twisted weapons, no need to run for rings that are falsely under high IL toons and not under the reward rank like they have posted.

If you cannot have no transparency you got something to hide.

• candinho2candinho2 Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    so for an legendary ring i need to have high IL?
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    kievitz said:

-Unless you are high or top in the end charts u get nothing or blue one both drop and chest

I am almost never on the chart (if I am, the party isn't getting gold anything), yet I've gotten a good number of +4 rings already, enough to equip four toons with the exact ones I want. It's pretty much RNG. Getting the super low drop rate +5 rings is like winning the lottery. Gold only improves your chances. But like a lottery, the chances of you winning is not much different whether you have one ticket or 100 tickets.

• namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User

did someone said ninja nerf ??? :)

Sure feels like the HE ring drop rates got nerfed in the last patch. It was a good source of AD income. I'm just glad I'm only a few days from getting the last UD boon. Then I won't have a reason to run HEs anymore.
  • kurtb88kurtb88 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 597 Arc User

kievitz said:

I am almost never on the chart (if I am, the party isn't getting gold anything), yet I've gotten a good number of +4 rings already

+4 rings are pretty much garbage though.

• kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited January 2016

kievitz said:

That's one VERY bad attitude you got there. Go read 1984 and rethink your position on that statement.

:) (Note: No sarcasm, it's a superb reference!) :)

va8Ru.gif
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    While the rank seems to have influence on the chance of a ring reward for completing the fight, I think neither rank of the instance nor your own rank have anything to do with the quality of the reward.

I farmed EDemo with some friends. To make sure, that we get a gold reward (most of the times) we run with our stronger alts. Most of the times we rank top 3 in paingiver. In one run I was ranked 2nd in Paingiver, first in healing and 3rd in dmg taken, total rank gold and I got ... a ring +1. No +5, some +4 in hundreds of runs. A few days ago two friends breached the 2.5k IL mark with their mains and one on an alt. Guess what, the alt got his ring +5 on his 2nd or 3rd run and one of the two other guys got one after maybe 20 runs. While they do their best, their contribution, due to lack of gear and practice, is not as significant. A friend of mine, who most of the times topped Paingiver (~70 kk dmg in most runs) had no ring +5, no desireable +4 and no treaty for the boon after hundreds of runs.

This is pure RNG and it sucks.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    kievitz said:

I can say that the only explanation is the more geared u are the better u fare like in Heralds. Cos ive noticed also that when i have been top paingiver ive gotten epic rings.

To be honest, my worst-geared characters tend to get the most (salvage fodder) rings from HEs, almost as though the game pities them. "Oh you poor thing... have some loot."

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    edited January 2016
    They must allow us to upgrade our rings or trade 'em. Give Jewelcrafting a purpose. Nothing should be entirely dependent on RNG...
    FrozenFire
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited January 2016

Nothing should be entirely dependent on RNG...

Cough cough... black ice main hand and bracers, module 3. Eye of Lathandar/Dread Legion torso/Fallen Dragon off-hand, module 2. Fomorian Fabled off-hand, module 1.

Why exactly would they stop now?

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    macjae said:

asterotg said:

On the other hand, it would also suck if the system assigns individual rewards based on statistics like most damage dealt or most healing, because that would favor high item levels over low, some classes over others (i.e. GWFs simply win paingiver) and some types of builds that contributes a lot to party success would get shafted (i.e. buff/debuff types).

However, rewards should scale a bit better with the party's overall success levels; there should be a better chance at a legendary ring at a triple gold run than in a triple bronze run. Because of factors like the above, this is the only fair way of scaling.
    They fixed that issue with HEs. They rank dmg, heal, dmg taken etc. I have great succsess on my DC at HEs all the time. But you are right, a 2.5k HR might struggle, while a 2.5k GWF might have better chances.

Post edited by asterotg on
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.

kievitz said:

That's one VERY bad attitude you got there. Go read 1984 and rethink your position on that statement.
    Keep Orwell out of this, and yes most of the time when companies dont give out information about something the information would cause an uproar in the consumers. Or do you really think ignorence is a bliss?

Keeping the fact for themselves that the rings arent part of the reward rank mechanic is hiding it, and that they didnt tell about it in the patch is no-transparency, this is a game, but yes i still feel that, us the players have a right to know what is going on in our gameplay.

You think its alright for PWE and Cryptic and the game designers to keep information to themselves concerning gamemechanics, nerfs, etc. that affect our gameplay. I ve played multiple games online and those games that outright tell what some mechanic does or how exactly a piece of gear can be attained or its drop chance, the playerbase is more satisfied than here. If you are happy at the current situation so be it.

Really READ before you start calling out my statements. Next time they do something out of the blue, just take it as it comes, a surprise.

"Overall rewards are based upon the player’s performance in each of the phases. Our goal with this was to reward players for their efforts along every step of the fight – the harder you try, the better you’ll be rewarded."

Well what does it say?

and because the rings drop they are apart of the reward, so if the above statement is true, they should also scale with rank.
    But it seems they dont, so above statement is a lie. If its not a lie, then they should explain why the rings are excluded.

You have a good line here

"I would rather been seen as a crazy eccentric who stands up for what he believes in than as a mindless sheep who stands for nothing but consumerism and conformity."

And i believe in transparency and openness. I dont think its wrong to demand it.
  • deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User

Nothing should be entirely dependent on RNG...

Cough cough... black ice main hand and bracers,
    *shutters from flashback*
    Running to every BI beholder I could get, never got those things.
    I ended up buying the mainhand from an event box.
  • asthazarfasthazarf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 167 Arc User
    Here's another thing which, I believe, can be done.

With every fail at a +5 drop on a character (not account), add a minuscule % to their RNG. That way, the more they try, they're bound to eventually get lucky. (sooner than the current situation)

Once the drop happens, reset RNG to usual + 0% and start over.
  • urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    I have not seen any real decline in rings dropping in Skirms... The HEs yes

But

I have only gotten one +5 ring

And not the one I wanted

See what you can do about that
    Post edited by urlord283 on
  • titaniumworldtitaniumworld Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 28 Arc User
    I think they should add a third button to the loot chest that says use key to reroll loot this would also make the legendary dragon keys worth buying.
  • urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    You can make legendary dragon keys
  • deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    I've yet to figure out the HE ring drop rate.
    Some days I can run on 4 alts and not get a single ring, other days I can run a single char and get 4 rings in 6 runs (including overload).
    The ranking system sucks and I never liked it.
    I don't think Dragon Heralds use it because I've gotten purple stones just showing up, and got nothing being the most geared person there.
    Tiamat ranking is just...So happy I'm done with that.
    I so don't get the SH Dragon Flight ranking. I assume it only counts towards DPS and not healing or tanking.

• dnosrcdnosrc Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited January 2016

kievitz said:

You really use 1984 as a justification for companies hiding information about their products?
    Srsly?
    Dont mistake transparency for privacy, although kievitz abused the sentence "..., if you have nothing to hide"
    deathbeez said:

I so don't get the SH Dragon Flight ranking. I assume it only counts towards DPS and not healing or tanking.

Ranking in SH DF is pure dps based but does not influence rewards.
  • jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    I think the HEs are totally RNG-based. I've gotten a ring after getting to the HE with less than 1 minute left, managing to hit something and it ended. Got reduced rewards, but I got a ring. This was on my Paladin.
    Morgan West - Oathbound Paladin
    Jonathan Lonehawk - Hunter Ranger
  • linoge63linoge63 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 373 Arc User
    macjae said:

asterotg said:

On the other hand, it would also suck if the system assigns individual rewards based on statistics like most damage dealt or most healing, because that would favor high item levels over low, some classes over others (i.e. GWFs simply win paingiver) and some types of builds that contributes a lot to party success would get shafted (i.e. buff/debuff types).

However, rewards should scale a bit better with the party's overall success levels; there should be a better chance at a legendary ring at a triple gold run than in a triple bronze run. Because of factors like the above, this is the only fair way of scaling.
    ..and that may prevent an entire player base from becoming GWF or OP.