test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Underdark Preview Patch Notes NW.55.20160106a.3

Comments

• kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    @terramak Great job with the patch notes and with some transparency on some of the bugs that are on your radar. :) Thank you very much for this.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

@terramak Great job with the patch notes and with some transparency on some of the bugs that are on your radar. :) Thank you very much for this.

ill echo this sentiment. Love the transparency and hope it isn't just a one time thing :)
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • beatannierbeatannier Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 692 Arc User
    CW's Disintegrate still gives no Arcane stacks.
  • spelltrapspelltrap Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    The resource nodes in all areas for master crafting need to be specific to each character. That way if a node is opened the person cannot leave the undesired materials behind for someone else to take and will prevent node camping. These materials are earned through guild donation which cost a lot of time and money. Increasing the amount of alum available will not change the node camping.
    Captain Jack Level 70 DC.

.BLADE RUNNERS.
  • titaniumworldtitaniumworld Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 28 Arc User
    I agree with spelltrap it needs to be auto loot or people will keep taking the alum and leaving the junk for people who don't know any better to take, I think that's why people think it has a low drop rate they don't understand that people are only taking the alum and leaving the junk for others to take.
  • spelltrapspelltrap Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    My other suggestion for a fix would be to set the total number of looks into a resource node at 6. You can look into a node and it updates the journal as 1/6 and so on as each look takes place. When they have looked into 6/6 nodes the journal updates and they can no longer look into nodes until they use another map.
    Captain Jack Level 70 DC.

.BLADE RUNNERS.
  • d66723225d66723225 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    @terramak
    Bonding runestones need to be looked at. Currently rank 11 bondings appear to grant 80% of the companion stats versus the 65% on its tooltip and rank 12 bondings appear to grant 95% of the companion stats versus the 65% on its tooltip. Is this simpy a case of an incorrect tooltip or are r11/12 bondings granting too much stats? I think that 65% is pretty balanced as with a fast attacking companion you can get 3 procs totalling 195% of the companions stats pretty much instantly which is almost twice as good as an augment. The current 95% on r12 bondings gives a whopping 285% of the companions stats which is almost triple of an augment. I get that it is nice that there is an alternative to augments now but augments should stay viable as well.

Another thing with bonding runestones at the moment is that it appears to be possible to get more then 3 bonding procs. This seems to be possible in 2 ways. The first one being that if a companion uses an aoe ability, a dot ability or an ability with multiple hits each individual damage tick of that ability can trigger companions gift. This can cause bonding procs to occur 4 or more times (highest I have seen was 4 from a single ability but it might be possible to get more). The second and more common way of getting more then 3 procs is by having your companion die. The cooldowns of the bonding runestones reset then and after the companion revives the companions is able to start stacking companions gift again. This can easily result in getting 5+ stacks. If we then combine those two ways it is possible to get 6 or even more stacks. Needless to say it is possible to get ridiculous stat boosts this way like 30-40k extra power to give an example. I think it is intended that each runestone only allows 1 companions gift proc for a maximum of 3 so this is definitely something that needs to be looked at.

Some clarification on what is working as intended or not would be great.
  • sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

I want to seriously echo this statement - thank you very very much. Great to see that the feedback posted in the comments is being logged. Yay voices being heard! (Lets hope they don't conflict with the ones in my head).
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    Also the Underdark helmets do not show facial hair under them, or at least they do not for the GF and OP. I think they are the only two that have an open face.
  • jarecord03jarecord03 Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    spelltrap said:

The resource nodes in all areas for master crafting need to be specific to each character. That way if a node is opened the person cannot leave the undesired materials behind for someone else to take and will prevent node camping. These materials are earned through guild donation which cost a lot of time and money. Increasing the amount of alum available will not change the node camping.

Could we please get a dev responce to the node camping?
    There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
  • ryoshinetteryoshinette Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 488 Arc User
    Blocking gain AP when bubble is up is a must (aka SOS changes modules before) or reducing of time (20 seconds immortality?) would be acceptable.
    Limitation of using daily (cooldown). The name is "Daily power". TR can deal 2 shocking one be one and third after next 3 seconds. With such a control (unavoidable courage breaker or still not fixed roots) it's just not acceptable.

cowardice fix, yea ;)
    what about ring of nature? Any test has been done?
    Ryoshin GF (4.2k)
    .Suicide Squad.

• nr1faustnr1faust Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 36 Arc User
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    I would like to remind people that this is not a bug reporting thread. I know you all want to know if they are aware of the bugs. Clearly you can see that they have been reading the Bug Report forums, as the ones that Terramak mentioned here are from that forum. If it becomes a problem we'll be forced to remove stuff from this thread. Thanks!
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    Huzzah!

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    terramak said:

Scourge Warlock viability in PvP / PvE - This one's a tough one. We want to improve this (and improve balance for all classes), but the major challenge is finding what we can address safely, with minimal chance of breaking things.
    So why not make small incremental changes to SW live and see how they go (gradual fine tuning) rather than issue a clump of changes (coarse adjustment) and hope for the best? I don't get it. The SW community has waited a loooong time and something is surely due.

When I get hit for 351,270 base dmg anvil of doom from GF and CANNOT dodge must eat it, or a 160k Shocking execution, or cannot even do damage to a maxed GWF but they can outrun and wreck me easily if not in defensive mode, things are already broken.

Please do something! SW has been underpowered gimpy for a long time and they are a tiny minority in pvp so even if you guys did overdo or break something a little it wouldn't be pvp breaking or even undeserved.
    Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
    Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

• ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User

Blocking gain AP when bubble is up is a must (aka SOS changes modules before) or reducing of time (20 seconds immortality?) would be acceptable.
    Limitation of using daily (cooldown). The name is "Daily power". TR can deal 2 shocking one be one and third after next 3 seconds. With such a control (unavoidable courage breaker or still not fixed roots) it's just not acceptable.

cowardice fix, yea ;)
    what about ring of nature? Any test has been done?

@terramak

This post is MONEY! Its what I told you, blocking AP gain while paladins are in bubble is a MUST!!! Its the EXACT same issue you faced with Guardian Fighters and SOS when they could have near perma uptime on the SOS combined with swordmaster feats that made them invincible during that time it was broken.

Paladins are using this to be invincible. They need to have AP gain while in the effect removed!!!!

I agree on the daily "CD" as well. This would fix a TON of issues. If you us a daily, it prevents that same daily from being used for another 30 seconds ish? Maybe even make it longer like 1 minute and have recovery and things work with the daily CDs. Could be fun. I would say allow the player to use a SECOND daily (another daily) so it only puts the daily used on CD - making BOTH dailies very very relevant!

"or reducing of time (20 seconds immortality?) would be acceptable." - This too for paladin bubble. I would honestly say you can leave it as is for PVE but in PVP it should have its duration atleast halved....
  • bittynationbittynation Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    terramak said:

Content and Environment

Masterwork Professions

• Alum is now obtained more frequently from Explorer's Charts in Mt. Hotenow, relative to other materials.
    @terramak

Thanks for getting this issue fixed. The biggest issue with these masterwork profession material nodes is that there are guilds that stalk the nodes waiting for others to use the node then they go and check the node and if it has the desired material they take it otherwise they close the window and wait for the desired result. The nodes need to be changed so that you cannot select the X on the window to cancel. The action should be changed so if you look at the node you must take the material. There has been one guild in particular that has been very aggressive in collecting materials this way. Even to the point where several ppl charge the node while someone is accessing it, moving them out of the way and canceling their chance to collect. If the nodes were revised so that if you looked at it you couldn't cancel, it would help to curve this type of behavior.

• btfdbtfd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 177 Arc User
    @terramak any information about multiproccing of bonding runestones? there are people recieving the buffs up to 10 times, boosting them to over 80k power. is this going to be adressed or is this wai?

also will lostmauth set be reworked as it seems to not exactly do what the tooltip is telling us and scales by buffs. there are players doing 700k dmg with Lostmauth's Vengeance. Or is this wai, too?

• tranceformationtranceformation Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 18 Arc User
    d66723225 said:

@terramak
    Bonding runestones need to be looked at. Currently rank 11 bondings appear to grant 80% of the companion stats versus the 65% on its tooltip and rank 12 bondings appear to grant 95% of the companion stats versus the 65% on its tooltip. Is this simpy a case of an incorrect tooltip or are r11/12 bondings granting too much stats? I think that 65% is pretty balanced as with a fast attacking companion you can get 3 procs totalling 195% of the companions stats pretty much instantly which is almost twice as good as an augment. The current 95% on r12 bondings gives a whopping 285% of the companions stats which is almost triple of an augment. I get that it is nice that there is an alternative to augments now but augments should stay viable as well.

Another thing with bonding runestones at the moment is that it appears to be possible to get more then 3 bonding procs. This seems to be possible in 2 ways. The first one being that if a companion uses an aoe ability, a dot ability or an ability with multiple hits each individual damage tick of that ability can trigger companions gift. This can cause bonding procs to occur 4 or more times (highest I have seen was 4 from a single ability but it might be possible to get more). The second and more common way of getting more then 3 procs is by having your companion die. The cooldowns of the bonding runestones reset then and after the companion revives the companions is able to start stacking companions gift again. This can easily result in getting 5+ stacks. If we then combine those two ways it is possible to get 6 or even more stacks. Needless to say it is possible to get ridiculous stat boosts this way like 30-40k extra power to give an example. I think it is intended that each runestone only allows 1 companions gift proc for a maximum of 3 so this is definitely something that needs to be looked at.

Some clarification on what is working as intended or not would be great.

Think the tool tip is wrong and rank 10s should give 65% rank 11s 80% and the rank 12s should show 95%

• mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    aura of courage+aura of vengeance this combo kills party members .
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    Small Note on the Bonding Runestones that are being wailed about:

Speaking with the @thefabricant today we tested out my Drow Merc with different Ranks Bondings and against his Lightfoot Theif at the same time in the Trade of Blades. His was proc'ing higher then 3x times many times comparitively with mine doing it only twice over about 5 minutes.

We tried Combat Advantage angling and such, and Fab had a solid idea... He thinks it might be Ping related, as the worse off you are the more likely it procs multiple times. My internet in the Northeastern US is really good, and his in South Africa isn't so hot.

It's a theory currently, but it seems logical as we couldn't really replicate it anywhere near as often on my Companion. Even running solo content, HEs, Dragons, etc... He rarely proc'd over 3 times (1x each of the different ranks).

Thus if it's ping related, I'm not sure that's anything that can be really fixed on Cryptic end...

Also, I personally believe the Rank 11 = 80% and Rank 12 = 95% is intended as a benefit for increasing the Runestones Rank up. It follows the percentage changes from lower versions, etc.

Just some info, so people can hopefully gain a greater understanding. Not saying the Bondings shouldn't be looked at, just sharing some findings... :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • aimeesellersaimeesellers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 342 Arc User
    terramak said:

Demogorgon: Players may no longer be vote-kicked while the Demogorgon encounter is active.

Not sure about this... we have already seen AFK campers in Demogorgon. The only thing keeping them at bay is the parties quickly vote-kick them. Remove this, and you will be opening up the door to letting people stand there and do nothing to try and get rewards. Not to mention if people are standing around the fire while the rest of us fight... the odds of getting a good score plummet.

I get why you are doing it, some people are probably being vote-kicked for no reason other than the party they are with doesnt think their iLevel is high enough... but personally I havent seen that happen yet... and I havent heard from any of our guild about it happening to anyone either.

This will cause more problems than it solves.

A'Mie Stormshield (GF) / A'Mie Stormshard (CW)
    Play Legit or Quit
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    Let me second that. I've seen AFK campers there and it's really frustrating. Perhaps it should be something like, "players who spend more than 60 seconds behind the wall of force can be vote-kicked". Reset the timer to zero once they enter the fighting area.

Either that, or get rid of the wall of force once fighting begins.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • evaliraevalira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 245 Arc User
    I've seen players AFK in the sanitary well during phase 2 and Gorristo seems to target them every time and completely screw phase 2 over. I could not initiate a vote kick because there was high loot on the ground! Nothing even drops!

Perhaps Gorristo should only target players who have aggro to avoid this happening. It is totally unfair that people can deliberately grief this.
  • blazious11blazious11 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    If already mentioned: Dailies are not just a problem for OP-s (though it makes them OP, hehe). Permaspamming daily is not very good imo. Just look at those snail, burning set, DC artifakt comboes.

I would like to see Dailies becoming some high-end power again, not 4th-5th encounter. I would make them 1 min cooldown, and rework them, increase their power.

For example: CW Ice strom: adds prone effect instead of push. IS area becomes ice terrain-like for 6 seconds, damage over time. Ice knife: prones for longer duration based on chill stacks, adds bonus damage based on chill/arcane stacks, etc. GWF: Spinning Stike: adds deflect, run speed, control resist, bleed damage. Slam: Increased damage, along with debuffs, slow, chance to prone etc. Savage advance: Adds aoe damage upon impact.

Also adjust DC artifakt: decreases 1 min cd on dailies by 5-10-15-20 seconds. Add 1-2 min cooldown to burning set. Add cooldown, or something to snail.

My story is truly a grand tale! Of course, any story about me is going to be grand simply by virtue of the main character.
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited January 2016

If already mentioned: Dailies are not just a problem for OP-s (though it makes them OP, hehe). Permaspamming daily is not very good imo. Just look at those snail, burning set, DC artifakt comboes.

I would like to see Dailies becoming some high-end power again, not 4th-5th encounter. I would make them 1 min cooldown, and rework them, increase their power.

For example: CW Ice strom: adds prone effect instead of push. IS area becomes ice terrain-like for 6 seconds, damage over time. Ice knife: prones for longer duration based on chill stacks, adds bonus damage based on chill/arcane stacks, etc. GWF: Spinning Stike: adds deflect, run speed, control resist, bleed damage. Slam: Increased damage, along with debuffs, slow, chance to prone etc. Savage advance: Adds aoe damage upon impact.

Also adjust DC artifakt: decreases 1 min cd on dailies by 5-10-15-20 seconds. Add 1-2 min cooldown to burning set. Add cooldown, or something to snail.

I dont see this coming. They would have to rework all of the above, AP DC, Tactican GF, companions and I am sure, even if all of this would be adjusted, ppl would find another way to gain AP, if there is no CD.

Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    asterotg said:

I dont see this coming. They would have to rework all of the above, AP DC, Tactican GF, companions and I am sure, even if all of this would be adjusted, ppl would find another way to gain AP, if there is no CD.

Not to mention all the butthurt over snails becoming useless.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    It might be easier to just rework Recovery. A couple Perma Bubble OPs I know focus mainly on Recovery. Add a longer cooldown to snails and burning set and that may solve the Daily abuse issue. :|
  • terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
    edited January 2016
    Thanks for the feedback, though the discussion on frequent daily use may be best saved for a different thread.

Any new glaring issues we've seen introduced in this build? I know there's concern about the Demogorgon vote kick decision, but in the storm of discussion of past issues, I'm having trouble spotting whether there's anything else new to be concerned about.
  • gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    terramak said:

Thanks for the feedback, though the discussion on frequent daily use may be best saved for a different thread.

Any new glaring issues we've seen introduced in this build? I know there's concern about the Demogorgon vote kick decision, but in the storm of discussion of past issues, I'm having trouble spotting whether there's anything else new to be concerned about.

@terramak Can you pls do something about the bots in the trade channel? Its like 20 times more bots than real players in the chat.. Maybe just add an Item Level requirement to post in the chat? Does not have to be that high, just enough so the bots have to get some gear, then atleast we can ignore them faster than they can create new bots.

And also maybe add a tradechat for the Stronghold instance?

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

This discussion has been closed.