test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Mod 8] Divine Oracle Righteous PVP-PVE build (Buff + DPS + Mitigation + Healing + debuff)

Comments

• soonergmsoonergm Member Posts: 503 Arc User
    The yeti bonus applies to your active companion and not to self.
    My Toons

SoonerGM - HR Trapper
    Haven - Righteous Cleric
    Ethereal Justice - OP Paladin
  • putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User

I disagree with them, I run with a Defender even when I'm tanking with my GF. I appreciate when he absorbs those hits in my place.

Earth Archon.

To each their own. I'm just saying that there is a segment of the population who will rage on your put you on ignore over using tank pets in dungeons. Those people are not the type that care if their pet can absorb some of the damage for them however.

soonergm said:

Thanks for paying attention, i can scratch that one off the list :-)
  • rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User
    A defender pet in PvE is not very common. Rarely I use it against the scorpions at Lostmauth if there is no GF/OP.

Oltreverso guild leader
    Maga Othelma - DC | Svalvolo - SW | Dente Avvelenato- GWF
    All I know is fully buffed/debuffed on a dummy I've seen my demon hit for 200K (120'ish more typically) on his big encounter. He's a monster. You know that part after the scorpions where the companions climb the wall and fight the trash mobs? Everyone gets frustrated and starts demanding people to dismiss pets. My demon has one shot those guys.
  • tyrtallowtyrtallow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 747 Arc User
    In solo play lifesteal replaces pots. The ICD on pots is not an issue because nothing should be standing in time to use a second pot. If your using pots while fighting a mob then your HP is to low. Solo play is not like a 10 minute fight with Traven Blackdagger. I leveled to 70 in high prophet, didn't even take the new WoD blue gear or any gear changes along the way. If your righteous and not clearing trash mobs in one rotation... look at your offense not your defense.
    No wonder you focus on offense over defense. You are running with maybe 10k less HP and using a set that basically amplifies damage. You are probably also using top of the line enchants/companions, and or at least decent ones. I'm guessing you also have purple artifact gear, at least.
    Note that most new players won't even get weapon enchants until after they reach 70. Getting the artifact equipment at 60 is also no longer viable, as if farming the old CN/MC/VT/IWD weapons (well, I hear you could still farm that last one but good luck with that).
    Such a setup is highly atypical for the people who might actually need this guide. Obviously, Lifesteal also matters little with your setup.
    I have personally leveled at least 3 DCs to 70 without relying on gear from my other chars. Call it an experiment, but I like to re-acquaint myself with the new meta. As I said, Lifesteal doesn't so much replace pots as add a new dimension to soloing. Forced to fight large mob groups? Just nuke them all down. Need to kill specific mobs? Just aggro multiple groups then nuke them all down.

Also leveling is not about fighting mobs. It's about clearing quests. You should be avoiding mobs wherever possible because the XP is low. Leverage the skills you learn from being a healer dc and maneuver around as much encounters as possible and finish the quests. That's one of the reasons trs are probably the easiest class to lvl. They stealth by everything and skip fighting trash vs tanks that pull everything around them.
    The easiest classes to level are the tanky classes. Ask any person who has been leveling characters the old fashioned way. The way most vigilance quests work, you'll be killing mobs that usually spawn/patrol near groups of mobs that you'll need to kill for another quest anyway. Even when you have to do quests that force you to target specific mobs, it usually helps if you aggro multiple mob groups. DCs have lots of AoEs.
    TRs are actually tricky to level because you need stealth to burst down mob groups with powers like Blitz. They're very squishy otherwise, and they don't have a lot of AoEs.
    This isn't WoW. Why would you use stealth to avoid mobs, when doing so forces you to start next fight without stealth/have to wait for your stealth bar to refill?
    Leveling is about clearing quests. Clearing quests is about fighting mobs.
    Quests like the Spinward's Tome of Air quests are very rare.

If you enjoy lifesteal, that's great but it does not have more value than AC or HP.
    This should be common knowledge for people using blues, LS/AC/HP can all spawn with an extra offense stat (usually ArP) in 60+ blue gear. It's not so much a choice between LS/AC/HP as choosing whether to get LS/AC/HP or AC/HP/rec or regen or crit or whatever + extra stat. I'd go with the LS.
    And 5k AD may not sound like much but I'd be saving my AD for 70 because now your in an arms race to meet minimum ilvls for dungeons and idealy attracting strong teams for dungeons.
    5k AD is easy to get with just invocations and maybe a day or two's worth of dailies. Of course I'm speaking as someone who actually knows what dailies/invocations are, which brings us to the topic of the game badly needing a knowledge thread, but that's a different issue.
    Your main goal at 70 is to get into KR (fast, lots of salvageables, lots of seals, lots of overgeared players queue). The requirements are not steep, especially given events and how cheap rank 7s are becoming atm.
    You there. New to the game? Feeling overwhelmed? Maybe you think getting to end-game is impossible for a casual player like yourself, or maybe you just need to be around a community that helps each other stay sane and competitive with the latest news, current trends, random chitchat and most of all LEGIT (that is, we try to keep things fair) gameplay. If you don't mind being around quirky people and the rare occasional drama (one of our prominent TR members is apparently a mafia godfather) join nw_legit_community at http://www.nwlegitcommunity.shivtr.com/forum_threads/2330542.
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    putzboy78 said:

I disagree with them, I run with a Defender even when I'm tanking with my GF. I appreciate when he absorbs those hits in my place.

Earth Archon.

To each their own. I'm just saying that there is a segment of the population who will rage on your put you on ignore over using tank pets in dungeons. Those people are not the type that care if their pet can absorb some of the damage for them however.

soonergm said:

Thanks for paying attention, i can scratch that one off the list :-)
    They yeti bonus doesn't work.
    Post edited by thefabricant on
    edited January 2016

x putz: Pretty big hits, my pets hits for a far lesser amount... even strikers gets relatively miserable DPS usually.

Yeah he is a monster, Here's an example, obviously thats just a dummy and its fully debuffed because... well that's my job :-) Shadow Strike is his nuke

[15:16] [Combat (Self)] Your Shadow Demon deals 228670 (155558) Physical Damage to Target Dummy with Shadow Strike.
    tyrtallow said:

No wonder you focus on offense over defense. You are running with maybe 10k less HP and using a set that basically amplifies damage. You are probably also using top of the line enchants/companions, and or at least decent ones. I'm guessing you also have purple artifact gear, at least.

FYI i do significantly more dps in Mod 7 gear over the HP set. HP is for everyone else not the wearer. Was I geared when I leveled to 70? I assume that's your question and the answer is yes and no. In mod5 i had rank 8/9 enchants which was good; however, I did not upgrade any of my gear from 60-70. I ran the exactly same gear and enchants from 60-70 with one exception. I made the mistake of upgrading my Perfect Vorpal to Transcendent which had a negative impact because it was bugged and resulted in a decrease in damage resistence and damage to me instead of the target. So by the time i was at lvl 68 the value of the lvl appropriate gear outweighted my rank 8/9 enchants.

Does this matter? No it doesn't but to say I focus on offense is not appropriate. I always level defensive enchants before offense. I stand by my conflusion that AC > HP > LS > Defense > Deflect your comments do not refute that priority

The reality is to play smart. Don't pull multiple mobs unless you can handle the agro. Death by pulling multiple mobs is not a question of having enough lifesteal, it's a question of playing within your capability.

I have no need to complete the lvl 60-70 content again. It's terrible, I'd prefer to forget having to do it the first time.
    tyrtallow said:

The easiest classes to level are the tanky classes.

I've leveled every class in this game. My first was a protector GF and it was by far the hardest to level. Second was the DC. Then I moved onto the DPS classes CW, GWF, TR and I can tell you that I had a major WTF moment. Compared to leveling a GF or a DC DPS classes are far far easier. GF = slow, under powered, and agro prone. i.e. the hardest class to lvl.

TR was easy, I stealthed past trash. If I need to kill X # of name your favorite mob. I would one shot that mob, drop smoke bomb and run away. I wasn't trapped fighting all the trash with it, single target assassinate worked just fine. I understand that lvl 60-70 is very different from lvling 1-60. It's not fun and I won't be doing it on my TR.
    tyrtallow said:

Your main goal at 70 is to get into KR (fast, lots of salvageables, lots of seals, lots of overgeared players queue). The requirements are not steep, especially given events and how cheap rank 7s are becoming atm.

Your main goal may have been to get into KR. Mine was to farm the dungeons/seals and get geared. Other people will focus on farming glory for pvp gear. Each person is different and my recommendation will always before people to do what they enjoy and not focus on the AD (i've seen to many people burn out on farming, they get bored, they go away).

As a person who farmed T2 gear in the first week of Mod 6 which predated the current AD farming methods. My goal was to get the gear. As a F2P player who has been here a long time. I can honestly say I never worry about enchants until 2xRP weekends. The rest of the time I just store everything in waiting. Focusing on the long term objectives and am not a victim of the "but daddy I want it now" culture.

• soonergmsoonergm Member Posts: 503 Arc User
    null
    Just want to say I looked on XB1 last night for the yeti and the tool tip says applies to summoner as well. That's was a green one.
    My Toons

SoonerGM - HR Trapper
    Haven - Righteous Cleric
    Ethereal Justice - OP Paladin
    I'll test it on preview and report back :-)
  • tyrtallowtyrtallow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Well, you're using a perfect Vorpal +rank 8s/9s to level. Most people leveling nowadays will have no weapon enchants and will be in mostly rank 5s or so (drops).
    Individually rank 8/9s aren't much, but altogether they do make a significant difference depending on build.
    Does this matter? No it doesn't but to say I focus on offense is not appropriate. I always level defensive enchants before offense. I stand by my conflusion that AC > HP > LS > Defense > Deflect your comments do not refute that priority
    It matters because you are holding other people to standard that is very different and, as of this mod, unrealistic.
    For example, the reality for people who are actually leveling characters THIS mod is that AC/HP/def all spawn on blue gear (most gear is now standardized) so it's really a matter of whether you should choose Lifesteal/ArP (and a few other LS/x combinations) vs Rec/Crit or Regen/Deflect/Def, etc. while leveling. That is the question newbies will be asking, so while it's true that AC > HP > LS > Defense > Deflect makes sense it's also just trivia.

You ARE focusing on offense, you know. When you're using a level 60 set for 61+ content you simply have no choice but to do so. You can argue that your defensive enchants are perhaps giving you just enough survivability to tackle 61+ content, but a simple experiment (swapping out High Prophet for any of the other the old T1 60 sets, giving up your weapon enchant) should tell you just how unviable your setup is for the new generation of leveling players.
    Compared to leveling a GF or a DC DPS classes are far far easier. GF = slow, under powered, and agro prone. i.e. the hardest class to lvl.
    I'm pretty sure many experienced GFs would take insult to that. The meta has changed, and GFs can hit hard if they use the right combination of powers (thanks to stacking +%damage output effects). You just don't see them do it often because the solo PvE GF loadout is very different from their tanking-for-the-party power loadout.
    TR was easy, I stealthed past trash. If I need to kill X # of name your favorite mob. I would one shot that mob, drop smoke bomb and run away. I wasn't trapped fighting all the trash with it, single target assassinate worked just fine. I understand that lvl 60-70 is very different from lvling 1-60. It's not fun and I won't be doing it on my TR.
    That's definitely atypical of my own experience leveling a TR. Mostly I just ran from group to group, aggroing stuff then Stealth->Blitz->Shadowstrike + Stealth->Path of Daggers/daily and voila, multiple vigilance quests done.
    Granted, I'm using metaknowledge here so I know which quests to take.
    Your main goal may have been to get into KR. Mine was to farm the dungeons/seals and get geared. Other people will focus on farming glory for pvp gear. Each person is different and my recommendation will always before people to do what they enjoy and not focus on the AD (i've seen to many people burn out on farming, they get bored, they go away).
    EVERYONE should start with KR. You don't have to farm, you don't have to grind. You can just do the requisite 2 runs a day (at 10-15 mins per run, faster with geared folks) for the dailies and then do whatever. When it all comes down to it, you should just do the skirmishes if you want the best RAD for your time. The only other instance that probably rivals KR is VT, with others there's an element of RNG involved.
    It really doesn't take a lot of runs to get yourself a full set of T1 gear, and you get a LOT of AD for doing it too.

Are you really advocating that people in greens/AH blues should rush dungeons/PvP ASAP? That's a guaranteed way to scare newbies off the game.
    Perhaps it's bad core content design, but that's the reality atm.

Post edited by tyrtallow on
    You there. New to the game? Feeling overwhelmed? Maybe you think getting to end-game is impossible for a casual player like yourself, or maybe you just need to be around a community that helps each other stay sane and competitive with the latest news, current trends, random chitchat and most of all LEGIT (that is, we try to keep things fair) gameplay. If you don't mind being around quirky people and the rare occasional drama (one of our prominent TR members is apparently a mafia godfather) join nw_legit_community at http://www.nwlegitcommunity.shivtr.com/forum_threads/2330542.
    tyrtallow said:

Are you really advocating that people in greens/AH blues should rush dungeons/PvP ASAP? That's a guaranteed way to scare newbies off the game.
    Perhaps it's bad core content design, but that's the reality atm.

I'm have no desire to go back and forth with you about any of this you already acknowledged that the stat priority I listed was accurate and only challenged wether I suffered the same in lvling as you had in during your meta experiements.

End game pvp is trash. Not sure why anyone new to the game would do it. If I enjoyed pvp I would say just re-level and keep sending your AD/enchants down to a lvling alt to play pvp. At 70 you get nothing but premade 3.5+ ilvl pvprs and/or people with the new rings that have only made pvp worse. If a person really does want to experience end game PVP there is only one way to get end game pvp gear and that's in pvp (you need glory, seals of triumph, and banners). The only head start you can get is to buy gear with tenacity on it via the AH.

As for heading to dungeons in greens and blues, that's what guilds are for. You can role the dice on que (be prepared for some rejection), rely on guildies to help (don't mind a bit of a carry, I know my guild never asks ilvl for content as long as minimums are met), or make friends at similar levels who are ready to struggle with you (this is ideal for learning game mechanics obviously). I personally would not avoid dungeons in favor of earning AD and saving for better enchantments. More than ever gear out weighs enchantments in terms of % of stats (gear provided less stats than enchantments before mod 6 but obviously thanks to stat bonuses still outperformed enchantments).

• jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    arc, these are just my 2cents. This build works perfectly as a team oriented dps/debuff DC and imo is better than your feats there. With correct pvp campaign boon and high crit/weapon damage this build is a disaster to other players except tanks, but your debuff also make them weak for your allies. It is still good in pve but not best one as it doesnt maximise DC debuff potential.

http://nwcalc.com/index.html#/dc?b=23ci:k6rwk5:8dep:5tb7d,13l3305:1z05000:1000000:1uu546v&h=0&p=dvo
    Piercing light just apply a buff of 10% arp regardless of points invested so one point is enough (You didnt test it before?). Living Fire is the most crucial part soloing other HR/CW/TR, where you two burn each other hp down and suddenly your dot on him spike up a lot when you are below 30% hp, resulting in an unpredicted kill with the cost of a healing pot, not to mention i was poorly geared but at least cap my stats at 35% crit 40% arp and 10% lifesteal with 3x lifesteal boon. If i wear duelist armor set my arp and lifesteal will be higher, but currently i still using my old burning medic set. Templar's domain sucks, no idea why you like it. Condemning Gaze is really good in pve but in pvp it is too unrealistic to have a fight longer than 10 sec as a righteous dc for it to shine. Just my 2 cents, try respec once into my suggested build and you will know it is good. My IL is 2k only, not geared but managed to kill 3k+ squishies given the correct chances. Why not give it a try??
  • scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    I'd like to point out in conjunction with fabricant that the yeti bonus works on both the player and the summoned companion all the way from green to purple. This is stated on the tooltip as well as working in game from personal use/testing. Back at the start of mod 6 the yeti bonus was changed so that it would effect both the pet and the summoner.
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • solbergxsolbergx Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    According to kaelac devoted cleric guide
    laggygamerz.com/forum/index.php?/topic/752-kaelacs-module-5-devoted-cleric-guide/

Templar's domain activates only for 5 sec and has 5 min cooldown, so on domination you can use it only 2 times.
    And sacred flame gives more divinity than lance of faith.
    SF gives more div/s than LoF but LoF gives 25% more dps even before artifact weapon boost. As long as your divinity generation meets your expectation it is ok. Templar's Domain is junk feat, if arc u insist it is good, then u use it. I will never suggest ppl to take it, even the weak and useless cleanse is better than it.
  • jhorix#6873 jhorix Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Guys, I'm a lvl 55 Faithful DC and currently focusing on PvP. I'm wondering if from this level and onwards (until level 70 and after) there is any role for healing or are most classes robust enough to not need healing?

At the moment I use AS, BoH and Forgemaster's Flame (I'm DO). I manage to provide support to CW, DC, HR, SW and TR but the tanks (unless the opposing team is much more powerful than mine) don't need healing. I'm wondering whether CW, DC, SW, HR and TR will continue needing healing as they level up. FF still allows me to contribute some DPS towards enemies (apart from the strong tanks)

If not then maybe better to respec as Righteous? Also if I'm righteous maybe I can combine large DPS with high crits in healing combining the best of both worlds? I really like the idea of combining healing and DPS, even if I'm not taking an "all-out" DPW encounter rotation as some people have suggested here in favour of using the flexibility the class provides... What do you guys think?
    Righteous can heal, but there is no making up for the capstones in the virtuous and faithful trees. If i use bastain, astral shield, etc i can heal pretty good in PVE but having a GF running KV really helps (i can focus on him more and less on whole team). The challenge for me when righteous and trying to heal is targeting the ranged classes who seldom stand still for long and the casting time of dc encounters. Yes its all about timing but I just don't do it enough. Where HOTs and the Gift of Faith make it much easier to heal those guys. Seriously though at lvl 55 it doesn't matter. The PVP changes completely at lvl 70.