What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

DC AP BUG

2»

Comments

• Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Ok.. are you stating because SB and DG apply it, its the bugged part?

Maybe I wasnt quite following.

• Options
    rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited November 2015

SB (in divinity mode) and DG must activate GoH. it's written in the description of the powers that both are HoT powers, whatever path you choose, but faithfull. If a cleric is faithfull, only SB (in divinity mode) should trigger GoH due to agent of divine.
    I've just written down my personal interpretation of GoH. I'm open to reconsider my interpretation, but probably we should discuss it with the devs. In this context, whatever is your personal interpretation, it doesn't mean that it's a bug.
    I see many skills from other classes that look like bugs: this comes from the perception that they are overpowered (and probably they are).
    That's why I state that if the AP gain from GoH is a bug, then the perm OP bubble (I know an OP who doesn't need any cleric to have the perma bubble), the perma TR stealth and the SW puppet (in PvE) are a bug too.
    I would not accept this skill nerfed if the other classes are not nerfed for similar reasons.
    I've +92% AP gain: it took a lot of effort to reach that point and my build is based on GoH, but I'm PvE mainly. I can cast AA in seconds, being a decent alternative to the OP bubble.
    Post edited by rapo973 on

Oltreverso guild leader
    Maga Othelma - DC | Svalvolo - SW | Dente Avvelenato- GWF
  • Options
    lupisulupisu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    rapo973 said:

SB (in divinity mode) and DG must activate GoH. it's written in the description of the powers that both are HoT powers, whatever path you choose, but faithfull. If a cleric is faithfull, only SB (in divinity mode) should trigger GoH due to agent of divine.
    I've just written down my personal interpretation of GoH. I'm open to reconsider my interpretation, but probably we should discuss it with the devs. In this context, whatever is your personal interpretation, it doesn't mean that it's a bug.
    I see many skills from other classes that look like bugs: this comes from the perception that they are overpowered (and probably they are).
    That's why I state that if the AP gain from GoH is a bug, then the perm OP bubble (I know an OP who doesn't need any cleric to have the perma bubble), the perma TR stealth and the SW puppet (in PvE) are a bug too.
    I would not accept this skill nerfed if the other classes are not nerfed for similar reasons.
    I've +92% AP gain: it took a lot of effort to reach that point and my build is based on GoH, but I'm PvE mainly. I can cast AA in seconds, being a decent alternative to the OP bubble.
    You seem to completely miss the point those of us who have argued there is a bug there are making. I have no issue with any of the powers you have described working as they do. The problem comes from things that don't work that way. For example if DG and BoH suddenly started giving of procs at every tic instead of once per cast that would be similar to what were talking about.

At the moment if I use the right boon and artifact I can go to pvp as a faithful DC and give my entire team full AP at the campfire, and permadaily at whichever node I'm at without having to use a single encounter power to achieve it. There are other thing in other classes that are just as broken, but that doesn't make this any less a bug.

The thing with shield of divinity interacting with abilities of other players to cause multiprocs isn't really that big of an issue I feel, tho when talking about GoH bugs it rates mention, since as said AP DCs are perfectly capable of supplying their team with near permanent dailies even without it by legitimate means.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    lupisu said:

You seem to completely miss the point those of us who have argued there is a bug there are making. I have no issue with any of the powers you have described working as they do. The problem comes from things that don't work that way.

Good! a clear statement. I can reconsider my position now.
    lupisu said:

At the moment if I use the right boon and artifact I can go to pvp as a faithful DC and give my entire team full AP at the campfire, and permadaily at whichever node I'm at without having to use a single encounter power to achieve it. There are other thing in other classes that are just as broken, but that doesn't make this any less a bug.

Is the "right boon" GoH? If yes, this is only the first half of the story because it's not enough. Something else is needed: an artifact (I'm not interested to know what it is).
    "without having to use a single encounter power to achieve it": finally we have the bug. And yes, it is: I trust your story which is now clearly reported.

Is GoH bugged? the artifact? their interaction? It's likely that the interaction is bugged and not GoH/the artifact per se. GoH "stand-alone" is not bugged: this is what I understand.

Thank you for the details because your words are not based on generic statements.

I only say that if we want this bug solved, someone should report all this elements trasparently, giving names to all the objects.

Oltreverso guild leader
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Its hopeless.....
    The thread is talking about a PVP feature putting a hot on you every time you get hurt

and its known, reportet here, and obviously not fixed?

http://forum.arcgames.com/neverwinter/discussion/1192035/dc-ap-bug

That´s the topic and even 95% did not read it? discussing PVE topics all time....

"By taking gift of haste and combat triage as well and using heal over time powers you can give people in your immediate area unlimited Action Points, It should be fixed. "

This leads to the effects , in PVP, that your AP is refilled by GoH in one second depending on some classes and rebounds from powers
    Spamming 2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2
    or 1-1-1-1-1-1-1
    It has to be consideted being a broken concept or feat, internal cooldowns are known to be a problem for cryptic since long, breaking feats and power by that.....and sure, its the interaction between thes powers that are broken, what else?

....puppet from warlock is not broken (3mio hit) no it the buffs from other classes that are broken lol
    ... daily from Op is not broken , no its the feats that give him unlimited AP that are
    this kind of discussion is BS, because all you do is run in circles
    its broken so fix it, basta

No matter who comes next, its about PVP
    PVP
    PVP
    PVP
    PVP
    PVP
    Post edited by schietindebux on
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    rapo973 said:

how do you get that ammount of AP gain ?
    following this article its told that 11,36% is Softcap and more than 1000 stats are wasted
    you speak of 92% ?

http://forum.arcgames.com/neverwinter/discussion/1202467/master-of-flame-renegade-guide-burn-with-me
  • Options

rapo973 said:

following this article its told that 11,36% is Softcap and more than 1000 stats are wasted
    you speak of 92% ?

http://forum.arcgames.com/neverwinter/discussion/1202467/master-of-flame-renegade-guide-burn-with-me
    stats (char), recovery, artifacts, passive, boons, talents, off-hand feature, enchantments, armor set, companions. They all contribute to AP gain. I could do even more, but I would kill other features.
    I just made my personal build and that's what I got: usually I follow suggestions and articles, but then I test them to check if they apply to the DC or not.

I met other DCs following the approch. For example, I met an all-blue DC from a german guild: he had +87%

Oltreverso guild leader
  • Options
    rapo973 said:

rapo973 said:

you speak of 92% ?

stats (char), recovery, artifacts, passive, boons, talents, off-hand feature, enchantments, armor set, companions. They all contribute to AP gain. I could do even more, but I would kill other features.
    I just made my personal build and that's what I got: usually I follow suggestions and articles, but then I test them to check if they apply to the DC or not.

I met other DCs following the approch. For example, I met an all-blue DC from a german guild: he had +87% with many silver enchantments.

Oltreverso guild leader
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    deleted

Oltreverso guild leader
  • Options
    solerrosolerro Member Posts: 46 Arc User

SoD will still trigger even if an ally is affected by it already, causing gift of haste to proc whenever an ally takes damage within 30f of you. I agree GoH needs a bit of a tone down, but SoD is not WAI, atm GoH is bugless.

Exactly this.

Gift of haste is working correctly. It is the glitch in PvP feat combat triage and capstone shield of the divine. They are not supposed to re-apply on a target that already has them running and thus should not re-trigger gift of haste on new hits.

In practice triage and SoD re-apply and thus re-trigger gift of haste on every hit an ally takes within range of the cleric. Totally broken and stupid powerful.

If they fix triage and SoD to work as written gift of haste would still be powerful, but not the bonkers instant AP bar filler that it is right now.
  • Options
    tyrtallowtyrtallow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    You know there is such a thing as having too much AP gain on a DC. I didn't even have to stack recovery from enchants/feats/artifacts to get to that point, I just used an AP gain setup, Black Ice Overloads, the DC sigil and Potions of Power. This was back in mod 4/5, when DC powers worked a bit differently (more AP gain in general, you could gain AP during Hallowed Ground/Divine Armor), potion effects stacked and we were basically gods - people could solo dungeons in purple gear.

As it turns out, you can't carry a bad group even if your build allows you to stack Hallowed Ground+Divine Armor along with all your other healing/mitigation powers. You can't heal stupid. Even if you manage to finish a dungeon with a such a group, you should feel bad for making incompetent people feel like they deserved that win.
    Since we are approaching that level of OP-ness again, I'd just like to point this out.
    There's a difference between supporting teammates who just need that extra push and carrying a group that has no business doing a certain level of content. If you think otherwise, feel free to PUG dungeons for a day and report back just how many people in legendaries/mythicals atm can't even play their class properly AND refuse to listen to anything you say.

As for PvP, feel free to be a HAMSTER. The state of PvP is ridiculous atm, just about everyone's exploiting some imbalance or another even when they don't mean to.
    Just don't whine or complain when someone points out that you're doing it.
    Post edited by tyrtallow on
    You there. New to the game? Feeling overwhelmed? Maybe you think getting to end-game is impossible for a casual player like yourself, or maybe you just need to be around a community that helps each other stay sane and competitive with the latest news, current trends, random chitchat and most of all LEGIT (that is, we try to keep things fair) gameplay. If you don't mind being around quirky people and the rare occasional drama (one of our prominent TR members is apparently a mafia godfather) join nw_legit_community at http://www.nwlegitcommunity.shivtr.com/forum_threads/2330542.
  • Options
    tommybostictommybostic Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    Can someone (preferably a main toon DC) post screenshots of feats/boons etc of this build? So can do more testing
  • Options
    jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User

Can someone (preferably a main toon DC) post screenshots of feats/boons etc of this build? So can do more testing

Nope, we are not spreading this to the community. And this is only limited for pvp players in pvp.