Install Arc
Options

Developer Note: State of Astral Diamonds

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Yeah, and that's why people mad enough to post here are so upset.

We gave TONs of ideas, we've provided oceans full of feedback, we've tested this game and probably know 10 times more about it's mechanics the people that run it - yet...

Please let me quote @magenubbie

"As for the money making excuse... Sorry. It's not gonna fly. The forums are full of 1000s of repeated pleas for things people want to spend money on. If Cryptic had only followed 10% of those suggestions, they'd be able to afford the assets this game sorely requires to survive"

- mount training tokens making them on par with currently developed ones -> gold mine
    - ZEN shop tokens making Artifacts acc vide -> gold mine
    - more more more fashionVinter stuff -> gold mine
    - enable us to HIDE armor enchants effects -> gold mine
    - make Leadership rewards chest/boxes acc vide -> gold mine

There are so many things we would spend cash on that it's simply ignorant they're not implemented.
    I know folks that are CRAZY about fashion, giving us way to preview the gear was a great step forward, hope the dev's will start from here.
    Even if some of the ideas are not directly cash related, they will pull more people into the game for sure.

I personally think that the game should go in BTA direction. The game is now very alt unfriendly (hope it's even a word) enabling us to trade the artifacts between our alts would be a HUGE step to make the game more fun.

I will say nothing about content, grind or class balance - enough have been said.
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    @kemi1984 while I agree with your suggestion that all RP should be BoA, I'm not so sure about the artifacts. Maybe Horn of Lostmeal will be a popular artifact to bounce from 1 toon to the next because it is so obviously the best (broken) artifact set in the game, but (to me anyway) one artifact does not fit all. It will save us roughly 10 million RP but I feel many will send artifacts over to alts just because they can - not because it is the artifact they want for that toon. Now if they sold tokens which allowed us to use the class artifacts for RP, that is what I'd spend my money on.

I have already suggested more than once that the only character-bound items should be those you get as quest rewards. Everything else should be BoE or BoA.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    mattsacremattsacre Member Posts: 330 Arc User
    First let me say I hate the RP system. If they removed it and made it less complex I would cheer. If they made good enough gear without enchants I wouldn't even blink an eye......however....
    Problem 1: Enchants are a way to "customize" your gear towards a build you desire without having 8 gear types of the same thing.
    A dev can make a hat of the fool +5 in a cloth model and a chain model and a plate model and that's it, the player will customize it via enchants and make their own models 8 ways on each insead of the dev doing 24 different models, with all it's icons and scripting etc.

Problem 2: the whole RP mess was implimented as a way for Cryptic to make some dough, they added bottlenecks and zen/bazaar materials for a reason, so you had to spend, spend, spend! If they scrapped RP mechanics they would lose that revenue (Personally I think there are better ways to make money than a convoluted mess like the RP system, but that's just me), what would they do for that money of scrapped..I don't see it happening.

So folks are saying that if all the RP was bound it would stop bots, no it wouldn't. Why? Because then they would just move to some other "currency" that can be farmed 24/7. Before the bots "farmed" leadership for their currency, that was nerfed, then the next currency was RP/Gmops, bind them? Then on to the next thing whatever it is. The bot user only has to set up the scripting and off the bot goes "gathering" whatever will sell for something. Even if it was something that sold for as little as 1AD ea in stacks of 999 or 99 or 10, it costs the botter the only effort of the initial scripting, after that it's all profit. If all you make is a penny on something, add 100s, 1000s, 10,000s of penny's 24/7 and it isn't long before you have serious money. <<< that is what compounding interest is all about, adding small amounts of money together over time, consistantly.

The only common denominator between it all is the AH, they have to find some way to sell what they gather to someone willing to pay. That's what gold spammers are about, selling what they can to someone willing to pay for RL money. Even if you dropped the AH altogether (that would be insane) they <i class="Italic">still could function. They would bot anything that offered any amount of AD consistantly, then do it 24/7 on as many accounts as they could, then sell that AD, bypassing the AH.

You cannot totally stop all bots, or their potential, you can only makeit as painful as possible for them to script it and the minimal as possible rewards returned to do so. Bots number one weakness is: Repeatability i.e. a GRINDABLE situation. They are created to do something repeatedly over and over in a loop, break the loop and there is nothing to repeat. Think of it as a train on the rails, the train has to follow the tracks laid down to get somewhere, the script writer can send the rails all over, loopty loos, left and right, u-turn whatever, but for the train to get to the end of the trip, it had to stay on the rails wherever they went, but what happens if you take a length of rail out? If you take out the repeatable task? The train tumbles off the path and crashes, it never arrives at the destination and delivers the reward.

I've posted it before, but here goes again:
    How do you take out repeatability? Remove anything grind-able. De-couple rewards from something that is repeatable, if you have repeatable content that you simply "must" have, like a skirmish/dungeon/pvp, then make the reward stop on the 2nd or 3rd trip, the train can chug around the map all it wants, but more than the few times for reward, the trip is in vain.

Then make the rewards outside that be quest linked, it's a one way trip, the train never get's to the end. Yes, the scripter can write all that, it takes MOUNDS of steps to do so (i.e. painful). The train trip is only one way, once it reaches the end the only thing to do is scrap the train (character). so, along the trip the train makes 10 AD here, 20 there..chug chug, then days later it's up to 100 here 200 there, eventually yes, the train gets to 1k here, 2k there, all the botter gets pile up true, but then what happens? At the end of the rail is a crash barrier, the quests END at 70, bang crash! the train can't earn anything any more and the botter has to scrap the character and start another one earning 10 and 20Ad over again.

The botter can do all that, but it's painful and slower to get the AD that way, and time intensive, it's far easier to flip RP..so BtA that....they move on to the next "currency" to flip. make that a pain for them in turn. You will NEVER stop them totally without a constant live GM presence to fight them, you can only HAMPER them. But IMO it's worth the effort to hamper them, just understand it will never stop totally, just like telemarketers, they are here to stay, all you can do is make it less rewarding to bug you.
  • Options
    kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    @lirithiel of course those artifacts would not be perfect for all characters but if we have a choice it will encourage us to level up more of them to freely move them around our alts.

@mattsacre you're right of course. There is no way to completely stop the bots. As long as there are repetitive tasks bots will be there.

Binding enchants to acc would not stop them but would cripple their profits, and, looking on their potential, that's more or less the best way game developers can do.
    I hate talking about bots, there are much more better things to debate to help the dev's make game better.

The bottom line is, if they want our money let them work of it, yes, let them work.
    Countless posts with suggestions, make few of them work and you have happy players and the money will flow - simple.

Have a great day all.
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
This discussion has been closed.