Double refinement what a joke!

13»

Comments

• Options
    candinho2candinho2 Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    macjae said:

Its called rip off time!.

Yes, and that's a glorious time.

One of the consequences of them removing so much of the ability to unilaterally generate reasonable amounts of AD is that it also incentivized players even more to rip other players off like this, and it also made the relative level of harm inflicted by this behavior greater due to less AD circulating.

Welcome to Neverwinter: The 1% Simulator.
    kkkk the 1% simulator is awesome, almost all usefull itens drops at 1% rate
  • Options
    wentriswentris Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Rp x 2 is still up... And stacks of r4s were 1500ad/stack 1 hour ago. Day before it was announced they cost exactly the same, so I guess you could get what you wanted, you just needed to wait. Honestly blame people who had no rp saved before the event who wanted to refine everything first hour it appeared for the price skyrocket.
  • Options
    drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    One of the first Laws of Economics... SUPPLY and DEMAND.

Stop whinging... don't buy them. Hoard your pretend money all you want. This is a freaking game... enjoy it as you like or leave.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    I had 10 stacks of rank 4 enchantments still in my mail, sold each stack for 3-4k AD.
    I opened all my chests from Leadership, between 150 to 450 chests per character, and i sold most of the RP stuff during the first day.
    I bought a few Drow shirts/pants and another Grazilaxx from that AD.

Overall not a bad 2x event, and i'm going to save new Leadership chests for the next 2x RP event.
    I'm not sure what people are complaining about...

Not to forget, even if 2x RP is not the perfect event for you, then just have some fun with Tymora's Gift and all the free loot you can get from it.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    tantrumusmaximustantrumusmaximus Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    I have never seen a bigger group of whiners in all my MMO days. Actually suggesting the game creators set caps on prices, the economies in MMOs are purely supply and demand driven. Prices go up and go down ... wait for them to go down and buy then and quit your complaining.

Nobody knew this x2 was coming until the patch notes came out and most missed out on the stocking up including me... I missed out on it this time and will save up for next go at bat....quit your whining and wait for the next one ... Which happens to be several weeks from now.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Frankly, I have no idea why this thread is allowed to continue.. it has no merit for game dynamics at all.

Here is a bit of advice, if you want RP, never.. NEVER wait for it to be announced, start buying it the moment you see it low.

I would suggest this gets axed though.

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,224 Arc User

Another recent example, Young Yeti.

Before mod 8, the price went to 10K.
    Last week, for whatever reason that I don't know or understand. It got popular and went to 280K.
    Now, 80K.

That be supply drying up, making the Young Yeti market thin and more prone to price fluctuation. Most people are grinding underdark and don't have time to do Need for Mead.
    Same thing applies to RP. RP has been selling in a wide range in any given time.
    e.g at this moment, profane runestone, rank 4, stack of 99 is from 1800 to 7000 in AH.
    When people keep buying it and nobody filling it back up, the price will go up all the way to 7000 eventually.
    Demand and supply control the price.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    greyhawken777greyhawken777 Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    If only the RP amounts needed to level the items were adjusted to be in line with the current abilities players can generate AD. You wouldn't need 2xRP. Otherwise, learn to plan better and keep in mind that prices follow demand.
  • Options
    minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User

2x rp events should not exist. Seriously, punish people who can't afford to stock up on RP, reward people who are rich enough to. The poor gets poorer and the rich get richer I like crabs it's all good just give us more crabs I want crabs crabs make the game so much better who cares about 2x RP I just want crabs the heroic crab encounter where he so stoically crab-walks to challenge the invaders time after time after time in multiple instances in all universes he does the same regardless of how many times he is defeated but so long as he keeps trying he will never be defeated and even if it now takes him longer to respawn he still so bravely and valiantly and repetitively repeats the same brilliant cutscene where he charges in to avenge the deaths of his crab babies and surely though he may seldom be victorious there is glory in defeat as there are many people knocked unconscious by the big claws of Malacostraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Absolute rubbish. 2xRP is the only thing that's keeping me in game as progress would be impossible without it. I buy a few enchants, but most of my RP come from leadership boxes and getting x2 on those is key to maintaining interest.

• Options
    tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User

Last week, for whatever reason that I don't know or understand. It got popular and went to 280K.
    Now, 80K.

The yeti hits fast, so when you use bonding runestock on it => massive boost of stats
  • Options

Now, 80K.

The yeti hits fast, so when you use bonding runestock on it => massive boost of stats
    That can't explain why it was 10K just before mod 8. Bonding runestone has been available for a long time.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options

Now, 80K.

That can't explain why it was 10K just before mod 8. Bonding runestone has been available for a long time.
    True, but double refinement make strange things happen too
  • Options
    deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    Even after dumping all the stones I had into my gear on double refinement, I barely made a dent.
    The RP jump from 50 to 60 for artifact gear is more then all of what you put into it, up to that point, combined.

Lv 50: 2,153,200
    Lv 60: 4,645,200
    10 levels:2,492,000
    What a leap!

With the DH enchant nerfs, dragon herald runs dropping very little.
    Mod 8 is all no-drop zones; not even gold or potions (was that really necessary??)

There is no feasible way to refine artifact gear to orange without copious amounts of zen transferred to AD and buying and hoarding stones for double refinement.

The blood rubies are still useless.

A little 3rd grade math on blood rubies:
    weapon,off-hand, neck, belt. (4 items)
    Blood ruby. 100k @ double RP, 2k zen for 3 pack
    4,645,200 x 4=18,580,800 refinement points.
    ~186 rubies / 3 pack = 62 packs x 2k zen=124,000zen
    Using 15% off coupon
    124,000-18,600=105,400 zen / 100 for $ exchange
    $1,054.00 USD. Using only on a double refinement day and using a coupon, and buying only in 3 packs.

Imagine adding in 4 teal artifacts LOL..

• Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    Well, there's that "fast <-> cheap <-> good" triangle "rule"... you can only have two of them at the same time.

You can also go down that road during a "Black Friday" or "Cyber Monday" event, but it will still be a lot of money, and a better weapon will come along in the future, and you would have to pay up again for upgrading it.

On the other hand, this is what keeps the light on here too... they have to make money some way.

But perhaps players should start asking themself, if they really need "best in slot" for the actual content too...
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    solbergxsolbergx Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    I have seen that most of the time they add a new module they do the double refinement event, just wait some time and when the items get low buy them and used them after next modulo or so.
  • Options

Now, 80K.

I know it is very off topic but I have to say this. The most funny part was not about Yeti was 10K before mod 8.
    The most funny part was Yeti meat was 5K at that very moment and I could actually sell it in that price. Explain that! :)
  • Options

Now, 80K.

I know it is very off topic but I have to say this. The most funny part was not about Yeti was 10K before mod 8.
    The most funny part was Yeti meat was 5K at that very moment and I could actually sell it in that price. Explain that! :)

• Options
    rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User
    I was lucky enough to farm peridots & co. before the dragon enchantments were nerfed.
    That gave me the oppurtunity to refine alla
    my artifact equipments quite fast.
    Double refiniment is just a little help to have them orange, but it's very good to have them purple.
    Honestly you don' t have to be BiS to run the current contents ( except pvp, which is broken anyway). In the range 2.5k - 2.8k, everything can be done today.
    On the other hand, the 2x event is good to refine artifacts and enchantments if you're strong enough to farm sharandar and DR every day.
    I would not link tightly 2xRP and the refiniment wall to get BiS: the former is just a little help, the latter is a way to make money.
    2xRP is not the swiss-knife or the killer solution to the insane amount of rp that this game requires.

Oltreverso guild leader
    Maga Othelma - DC | Svalvolo - SW | Dente Avvelenato- GWF