test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Underdark Preview Patch Notes NW.55.20151123a.3

2»

Comments

• pricetagcloudpricetagcloud Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    Buffing Burning Guidance would be a great move. even at 20k/sec it's far more reasonable and won't get out of control in the way of DPS. Also is there any way to get BG to proc from Healocks? You guys made terrific patch notes by the way.
    SW: Callisto Shedevil. Soul Binder Temptation 16.1k GS
    GUILD: ~Myrmidons~

Would Love to party up with people for pretty much anything!
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Burning Guidance is really specific about what it parses as a heal. I suspect the reason it doesn't work with a Renegade CW's Chaos Magic because each buffed player is technically healing themself, not being healed by the CW.

I've not tried Templock and can't remember reading if it works or not, but basically BG either functions with the Templock capstone healing or it doesn't. If it doesn't, there's no way for the player to make it do so, only to bug the devs to change something so it does.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • themoneymaker#4009 themoneymaker Member Posts: 15 New User
    > @terramak said:
    > We still plan to run the 2x RP event currently scheduled for December 31st.
    >
    > And yeah, the NeverwinterPreview shard is having a couple technical difficulties, it's going to be down for a bit while we investigate. At the moment, it doesn't appear to be related to this update.
    >
    > Thanks again for the feedback, everyone!

-So you didn't think to fix the patch server before you made it live lol?
  • terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer

I keep having the gameclient.exe crash everytime the Dungeon and Dragons Loading Screen pops up after the Cryptic loading screen. It says there is a problem with the game and it doesn't work anymore. We will contact you if the problem is solved.
    I did not have that issue before the new patch. Or is it related towards something else?
    I am using the new Radeon Crimson Driver, maybe that could cause it?(although the game was running fine for the last week)

Thanks for the report. Did the crash dialog give you a numerical ID (e.g. 12345678)?
  • cromejohnsencromejohnsen Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 207 Arc User
    terramak said:

I keep having the gameclient.exe crash everytime the Dungeon and Dragons Loading Screen pops up after the Cryptic loading screen. It says there is a problem with the game and it doesn't work anymore. We will contact you if the problem is solved.
    I did not have that issue before the new patch. Or is it related towards something else?
    I am using the new Radeon Crimson Driver, maybe that could cause it?(although the game was running fine for the last week)

Thanks for the report. Did the crash dialog give you a numerical ID (e.g. 12345678)?
    Actually it is the standard windows message for "gameclient.exe does not work properly "or" there is a problem with it and the game will close ".
    How do i search for the crash report in the neverwinter folder?
    C/Cryptic Studios/Neverwinter/Test/logs/Gameclient
    is it in that path?

• mstrssihrmstrssihr Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 545 Arc User

Excuse me. u didnt fix the problem freeze caused by lightning effects, such as maelstrom of chaos and lighning powers from stormcallers and others...

I have a friend who's always going on about this same issue. Hopefully, it does get looked into!

These patch notes are incredible, thanks a ton you guys :D!
    - Major Peachy Bottom * Gutbuster's Brigade -

"Last request - microtransactions for alllll old skins for zen/weapon appearance changes, 500 zen to make ur wep glow the color/enchant you want it... You will make more off that one item than any other zen item ever made." freshour

"beckylunatic" Gateway AH should have column headers to sort by buyout, bid, end time, quantity, etc. These disappeared iirc with the module launch. It's obnoxious.
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Nor does it fix the problems with ice storm or icy terrain that affects some graphics cards more than others. Basically slowing the frame rate down to zero. And they happen no matter what in-game settings that are used, but I will admit the problems are less with windows 10 drivers instead of windows 8.1.

Actually it is the standard windows message for "gameclient.exe does not work properly "or" there is a problem with it and the game will close ".
    is it in that path?

D'oh.

Do you have a "crypticError.exe" in your Cryptic game directory? If so, you can open that, select GameClient.exe, and force it to crash and send us a dump of the issue.

I understand that the crash dump sending process is very time- and bandwidth-consuming, so no worries if this can't happen. It may help us to more easily debug the issue.
  • cromejohnsencromejohnsen Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 207 Arc User
    terramak said:

is it in that path?

D'oh.

Do you have a "crypticError.exe" in your Cryptic game directory? If so, you can open that, select GameClient.exe, and force it to crash and send us a dump of the issue.

I understand that the crash dump sending process is very time- and bandwidth-consuming, so no worries if this can't happen. It may help us to more easily debug the issue.
    For those who might have the same issue, and may want to help terramak solve this problem, do the following:
    Go to your Cryptic Game Folder.
    Search for crypticError.exe in your Playtest folder.
    Dont open it just yet.
    Start neverwinter and go to preview server. Once it comes to the point where u get the GameClient.exe message you Alt+Tab out of your game and start the crypticError.exe.
    It will now show you a window where you can select in the bottom white window GameClient.exe.
    Select it and push send.
    It will open a new window and show an estimated time of the process.

Its being sent right now to you guys. (takes around 2 h for me)

• vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    I found out that if my Google Chrome is open (with a lot of tabs) while I start the client and log in and press play (the browser is still visible in the background) the game will crash if I press on N icon in the taskbar (the game will not be visible in foreground thats why I press the Icon). Solution to open it normally is to go to desktop (only thing visible) and start the client, login, press play and wait. I'll get to the Character screen, but if I click on a character it would be like actually clicking on desktop. Again I receive a crash. So I do everything the same, but instead of clicking on my character I press Alt+Tab (switch program) which makes Neverwinter my main program running. Everything works fine after this. But if I try to switch to any other program (Alt+Tab) and return to Neverwinter it will immediatelly crash. Not sure if it will help anyone, but just so you know. ;)

terramak said:

is it in that path?

D'oh.

For those who might have the same issue, and may want to help terramak solve this problem, do the following:
    Go to your Cryptic Game Folder.
    Search for crypticError.exe in your Playtest folder.
    Dont open it just yet.
    Start neverwinter and go to preview server. Once it comes to the point where u get the GameClient.exe message you Alt+Tab out of your game and start the crypticError.exe.
    It will now show you a window where you can select in the bottom white window GameClient.exe.
    Select it and push send.
    It will open a new window and show an estimated time of the process.

Its being sent right now to you guys. (takes around 2 h for me)

Excellent instructions. Thank you for the follow-up. I'll keep an eye out.
  • aleblainaleblain Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    "Stronghold Guild Mask items no longer remove facial hair."

That's not working properly. The only guild mask items that are showing facial hair are basic Guild PvE masks and Masterwork sets. Dragonflight, Lionsmane and basic PvP masks, doesn't. By the way @terramak , is there a dye pack that fit with the basic PvP guild set colours?? I mean, may be one of those new dyes correspond to it.
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User

terramak, can you explain me the description of the transcendence terror enchantment? Am I right that this enchantment only debuffs NPC´s damage resistance for -4% and not 40%. Just players get 40% less defense and power?

That does appear to be what it says.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    Here's an update on Masterwork quest items not registering:

If ya transfer an item thru the shared bank, the item doesn't register on the quest and a relog is needed. If ya transfer using the mail system, the item registers immediately. :*
  • rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User

@terramak is there any possibility of raising the base damage of paladin encounter powers or raising the damage dealt by burning guidance. I understand the reason by putting a cooldown in place for it and it is definitely a good change, however, at the moment, burning guidance makes up roughly 93% of the damage dealt by a devotion paladin. That damage essentially matches the damage of a paladin to the damage of a CW however, once its taken away to such a large degree, the paladin is essentially left with no damage at all.

As a healer / Tank paladins shouldnt do too much damage, but I agree that they need more than they have at least for Aoe, I would buff Burning Lights damage mildly, (perhaps make pally CC immune when channeling it would be better, people can still just walk out of it but you cant just get smoked / .5 dazed and suddenly it's on CD) and Divine Touch (by a lot, this power is insanely weak)

Also, Still need too nerf Binding Oath's absorb potential, and DP's DR buff too the pally.
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
This discussion has been closed.