test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sharpedge's PVE Paladin Compendium: (M8 Dev+Prot)

Comments

• elvidore1elvidore1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2015

elvidore1 said:

Hi, and thanks for the guide, but i have a question, i wanna do a OP with full heal, because i saw one in a dungeon and we didnt even lost any life, because he healed us back up in like 0.01 seconds. the question i have is:

Is it the Bulwark one?

No, that would be justice.
    but is it justice devotion or protection? because every healing paladin i've found they all said their build were full light path. like i said i wanna do a full heal paladin and im still confused on what to pick, and im sorry to bother you
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    elvidore1 said:

elvidore1 said:

Hi, and thanks for the guide, but i have a question, i wanna do a OP with full heal, because i saw one in a dungeon and we didnt even lost any life, because he healed us back up in like 0.01 seconds. the question i have is:

Is it the Bulwark one?

but is it justice devotion or protection? because every healing paladin i've found they all said their build were full light path. like i said i wanna do a full heal paladin and im still confused on what to pick, and im sorry to bother you
    Justice devotion is the way to go, take a look at the feat path recommended in my guide, that is the most efficient way to make a healadin :)
  • dufistodufisto Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    elvidore1 said:

elvidore1 said:

Is it the Bulwark one?

for which environment.

light spec will be able to outheal justice ( since bond isnt supposed to proc prism any more) however outside of pvp i havent found any situation where i cant outheal incoming damage with the exception of 1 shots. now pve 1 shots are easier to prevent with justice since you will gain ap faster by being able to spam the one encounter that is not tied up with bond/vow than it will by a bulwark or light build. and ap lets you keep shield of faith up all the time. and that will help prevent the 1shots.

pvp healing depression will make light a viable/superiour alternative to justice however. so if you pvp alot light might be a good choice. and with the prevalence of ap/stam drains relying on shield of faith/sanct is questionable. giving more weight to a light builds viability. the auto heals and boosts to heal power are very useful. and vow+bond does work nearly as well in pvp so the +recovery feats should help spamming heals and RA.

bulwark is supposed to be a tanking spec and not really a viable choice for full speccing into for a dev pali. the stam gain feat is worthwhile for a dabbler. and control resist can be situationally useful.

hope that clears it up for you.

i might start with something like this for a pvp centric dev pali.
    http://nwcalc.com/index.html#/op?b=23ci:k6rwk5:8dep:5tb7d,13ni650:1000000:1z00000:1z00zz1&h=0&p=ood
    but im not an expert pvper. i avoid the ap gains because ap drains are far too common in pvp these days. but bought the stam gain as it works best when low on stam. allowing you to use sanct a little more often.
    Post edited by dufisto on
    dufisto said:

elvidore1 said:

elvidore1 said:

Is it the Bulwark one?

for which environment.

light spec will be able to outheal justice ( since bond isnt supposed to proc prism any more) however outside of pvp i havent found any situation where i cant outheal incoming damage with the exception of 1 shots. now pve 1 shots are easier to prevent with justice since you will gain ap faster by being able to spam the one encounter that is not tied up with bond/vow than it will by a bulwark or light build. and ap lets you keep shield of faith up all the time. and that will help prevent the 1shots.

pvp healing depression will make light a viable/superiour alternative to justice however. so if you pvp alot light might be a good choice. and with the prevalence of ap/stam drains relying on shield of faith/sanct is questionable. giving more weight to a light builds viability. the auto heals and boosts to heal power are very useful. and vow+bond does work nearly as well in pvp so the +recovery feats should help spamming heals and RA.

bulwark is supposed to be a tanking spec and not really a viable choice for full speccing into for a dev pali. the stam gain feat is worthwhile for a dabbler. and control resist can be situationally useful.

hope that clears it up for you.

i might start with something like this for a pvp centric dev pali.
    http://nwcalc.com/index.html#/op?b=23ci:k6rwk5:8dep:5tb7d,13ni650:1000000:1z00000:1z00zz1&h=0&p=ood
    but im not an expert pvper. i avoid the ap gains because ap drains are far too common in pvp these days. but bought the stam gain as it works best when low on stam. allowing you to use sanct a little more often.
    i wanna do a paladin or a "healadin" for PVE
  • dufistodufisto Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    the it really doesnt matter what you spec. vow + bond = all the healing you will ever need.
    which is why the guide suggests justice for healadins. since you already have all the healing you will ever need to only thing to increase is dps.
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    Yeah, I'm Justice/Light (to Aura Gifts for the group buff), and I have never had an issue with healing.

People will die from one-shots, but I just consider that a learning experience for them. :D
  • fvraphaelfvraphael Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    The dot thing is not working. Can't expand the sections
  • fvraphaelfvraphael Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    fvraphael said:

The dot thing is not working. Can't expand the sections

nevermind. I just realized Its needed to be loged in to see it.
  • flawingditzierflawingditzier Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12 Arc User
    12:06AM in NeverwinterPreview - Announcements/Release Notes
    Release Notes: NW.55.20151123a.3

Classes and Balance
    Boons
    Burning Guidance: This boon now triggers once per second at its fastest.
  • aasuraasur Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    RIP, BG
  • hamlet1983hamlet1983 Member Posts: 4 Arc User

Classes and Balance
    Boons

There goes the damage for the dev Palas, well it was nice while it lasted.... From my perspective this fix was totaly unnecessary in pve the whole Party benefited from the damage due to faster killing and for pvp the built was not viable anyway. I would have expected they do something about perma bubble first.
    I wonder what the ratio between tank and heal Pala is. To my perception the healerbuilt is a minority probably less than 1/4 of all Palas.
    Let's see how bad it is when the patch is live, but for now it looks like they crippled a whole built. At least we are still the best healers in the game. Sadly real "healer" are less and less demanded...

edited December 2015

Classes and Balance
    Boons

There goes the damage for the dev Palas, well it was nice while it lasted.... From my perspective this fix was totaly unnecessary in pve the whole Party benefited from the damage due to faster killing and for pvp the built was not viable anyway. I would have expected they do something about perma bubble first.
    I wonder what the ratio between tank and heal Pala is. To my perception the healerbuilt is a minority probably less than 1/4 of all Palas.
    Let's see how bad it is when the patch is live, but for now it looks like they crippled a whole built. At least we are still the best healers in the game. Sadly real "healer" are less and less demanded...

This was why I have always warned that dev paladins should not invest too much into gear, I expected the nerf to come to us first and then prot paladins, I expect they will either be in the next patchnotes or the following ones. Either way, this does definitely break our dps. I agree with the change, but I wish they increased the damage dealt by BG from 2k to 20k to compensate.
  • maximusretlavmaximusretlav Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10 Arc User
    How this nerf afect the healing of the Dev Op ?

The nerf has not altered the dev OP's ability to heal at all, however, it has massively decreased our dps. I would still highly recommend the justice path over the light path because of this, because your heals still far exceed what is necessary. Also....
    Changelog
    Updated the guide to include the new changes.
  • jaegernljaegernl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 455 Arc User
    We all knew this was coming, but I wish they'd given us a little longer. Since the last change to Prism - it's interaction with Heals over Time - my Burning Guidance damage already dropped spectacularly. I did a run of ECC the other day, and my damage was on par with a Conquerer GF - our second GF in that run, so he went full DPS/no tank - which seems reasonable. A little bit of a wait before the next change would've been in order.

Also, it seems unfair that this also hits DCs. Changing Prism so *it* would have an ICD would've probably been a fairer choice. It would lower the healing capabilities of the Justice Path, with Light being the true healer, without making our Devoted Cleric friends suffer.

I'll be doing some dungeon runs and see where we stand. Luckily, our healing isn't affected, so we should still earn a spot. Might have to start experimenting with some different load-outs, though, as we were just looking for ways to make Prism (and Burning Guidance) proc as fast as possible. After these runs we should have new damage numbers. From there, we'll be able to construct new ways of doing damage. Of course, I fear it'll be the same boring cookie-cutter thing every other class does: Stack Crit, run Lostmauth Set, do damage.

Isaac the Adequate - Level 70 Oath of Protection Paladin
    Aurelius the Awkward - Level 70 Pathfinder Ranger
    We have looked into reports of players experiencing connection problems and have been unable to identify any server, data center, or client-side issues. We believe this may be ISP related.
    jaegernl said:

We all knew this was coming, but I wish they'd given us a little longer. Since the last change to Prism - it's interaction with Heals over Time - my Burning Guidance damage already dropped spectacularly. I did a run of ECC the other day, and my damage was on par with a Conquerer GF - our second GF in that run, so he went full DPS/no tank - which seems reasonable. A little bit of a wait before the next change would've been in order.

Also, it seems unfair that this also hits DCs. Changing Prism so *it* would have an ICD would've probably been a fairer choice. It would lower the healing capabilities of the Justice Path, with Light being the true healer, without making our Devoted Cleric friends suffer.

I'll be doing some dungeon runs and see where we stand. Luckily, our healing isn't affected, so we should still earn a spot. Might have to start experimenting with some different load-outs, though, as we were just looking for ways to make Prism (and Burning Guidance) proc as fast as possible. After these runs we should have new damage numbers. From there, we'll be able to construct new ways of doing damage. Of course, I fear it'll be the same boring cookie-cutter thing every other class does: Stack Crit, run Lostmauth Set, do damage.

Agreed, I am expecting lostmauth set to now earn a place in the build as well as crit stacking. However, I do think it was necessary to add an ICD to BG because it prevents the issue from ever coming up if they introduce another healing class. What I do think they should now do though is raise the damage of BG, it was previously balanced around having no cooldown and now that it has one, it can conceivably have its damage raised to say 10k or 20k. This would keep it balanced and would actually be better then it was before, since it would be able to make use of it solo with just 1 companion where as it was useless before.
  • maximusretlavmaximusretlav Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10 Arc User

The nerf has not altered the dev OP's ability to heal at all, however, it has massively decreased our dps. I would still highly recommend the justice path over the light path because of this, because your heals still far exceed what is necessary. Also....
    Changelog
    Updated the guide to include the new changes.
    Thanks for the reply , I share the same thoughts I think we continue to be the best healers in the game
  • bkt5789bkt5789 Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    It would have been nice if they gave us a little lube with that nerf. >.>
  • bkt5789bkt5789 Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    I'm dubbing this patch "Devo demolition" as it marks a significant blow to us burning devos. :(

This patch is also known as "burning failure" and "devogeddon"
    Post edited by bkt5789 on
  • solerrosolerro Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    I'm 100 % with Fab on this. Yes give it a cooldown so that it doesn't break people's systems on raids. But compensate by boosting the damage, this makes it a win-win by keeping it low on spam but higher on functionality for healers in general, pally/cleric etc.
    i have a question, after hitting 70, what kind of element should i choose? fire one so i could have a chanse to get my daily power up again or one of the others? im using justice devotion build
    elvidore1 said:

i have a question, after hitting 70, what kind of element should i choose? fire one so i could have a chanse to get my daily power up again or one of the others? im using justice devotion build

Yes, the fire one.
  • jaegernljaegernl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 455 Arc User
    I agree with @thefabricant that the Fire weapon is an excellent option. It'll help you keep Prism up when you're still struggling with AP, or it'll make doubling up on Dailies - Heroism *and* Shield of Faith - easier.

Myself, I'm going for the Twisted set, as I've gone off the deep end and am looking for any way to increase my damage now that I'm tanky enough and heal perfectly fine. I want to charge at things and slash them to death.
    Isaac the Adequate - Level 70 Oath of Protection Paladin
    Aurelius the Awkward - Level 70 Pathfinder Ranger
    We have looked into reports of players experiencing connection problems and have been unable to identify any server, data center, or client-side issues. We believe this may be ISP related.
  • albinhiem#8362 albinhiem Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    i have a couple question about the guide and paladin in general.
    1. I like the templars wrath and temp hp that i got going there. should i do justice fork 2 then ?
    2. If you go prot justice fork 2 should you still have the 6 k arp and on that note what are the arp for when you are tank ?
    3. and should i only worry about getting recovery to 8 k and then max defence and hit points ?
    4. The rings for prot are they better then the personalized ring or do they not have any down time that effects it ?
    5. for the justice fork 2 would not the warrior's bastion be better then light touched ?

i have a couple question about the guide and paladin in general.
    1. I like the templars wrath and temp hp that i got going there. should i do justice fork 2 then ?
    2. If you go prot justice fork 2 should you still have the 6 k arp and on that note what are the arp for when you are tank ?
    3. and should i only worry about getting recovery to 8 k and then max defence and hit points ?
    4. The rings for prot are they better then the personalized ring or do they not have any down time that effects it ?
    5. for the justice fork 2 would not the warrior's bastion be better then light touched ?

It depends, justice fork 2 is better for the team, especially for protection because you share your power. However, justice fork 1 has the benefit of coming with purifying fire which will allow you to proc the rings faster, giving you very little down time. When it comes down to stats, you have the correct approach and that is the route I would go down. As far as warriors bastion vs light touched yes, you are correct for protection. I thought I had corrected it (similar to how I had corrected it for justice fork 1) and I will get around to correcting that soon. Finally yes, you do still want around 6k arp.
    thx for the answers :) i understand that you can get recovery up to 8 k but how do you also get the arp up to around 6 k ? is that tru augmented companions and guild boons ? and the loadout you creathed for prot are they the same whatever way you go ?

thx for the answers :) i understand that you can get recovery up to 8 k but how do you also get the arp up to around 6 k ? is that tru augmented companions and guild boons ? and the loadout you creathed for prot are they the same whatever way you go ?

Yes to all of the above :)
  • zachwhozachwho Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    Would you say it's best to stack to 8k recovery then armor pen? And why stop at 8k? Why not just keep stacking? Thanks man. You're awesome!
    zachwho said:

Would you say it's best to stack to 8k recovery then armor pen? And why stop at 8k? Why not just keep stacking? Thanks man. You're awesome!

The reason I would stop at 8k is you start to hit extremely heavy diminishing returns on recharge speed increase. Due to this, it is not wise to invest further into recovery unless you aim to go all the way to 16k, which is the next major landmark and honestly, you will probably gain more from not investing that much. However yes, I would first invest into recovery if protection and then arp, if devotion, I would do the reverse.
    for the artifact you want the cleric on as main but as the 3 secondary's is tiamat's orb of majesty good with recovery and arp and action point gain ? but the others what is a good choice ? do we even need recovery on artifact or do we need it to rech 8 k ?
This discussion has been closed.