test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

ring of ambush is normal compare to ring of natural order?

mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
edited November 2015 in PvP Discussion
SO now all players borrow stealth mechanic from tr.
This stealth is better than tr mechanic because : THAT IS THE TRUE PERMA. if you get hit if you move away you just dissapear no matter if you have dots on you. I am not tr and i never played main tr. BUT i know tr mechanics they never had perma stealth. ( proof: stealth depletion when they get hit).

ALso in another post i saw about ring of natural order negative feedback which i agreed was too much to remove all buffs.
I am suprised from the pvp community how accept this perma stealth.
AND i saw warlocks complained about ring of natural order and now what ? sw in perma stealth gz.
Also i have too a ring of ambush in my bank so what now do you like that pvp? me not because that is not pvp using the true perma stealth.
GL to great weapon fighters-guardian fighters : cw or sw in stealth and you dont know where to find them to kill them.
gl to gf : trapper or cw or sw behind you cc you to death.

Comments

• Options
    icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    Haven't really used the ring in PvP nor came across others that uses it, but personally I feel, they can stay stealth all they want, at the end they still have to stand on the node to cap :)
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • Options
    GF might be the next one shot TR except they have a shield and is more tanky.... :D

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • Options
    zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    icyphish said:

Haven't really used the ring in PvP nor came across others that uses it, but personally I feel, they can stay stealth all they want, at the end they still have to stand on the node to cap :)

Or, you know, run around in circles on it. The ring is very annoying. I've seen a GWF using it in combo with a siege ring to annoying effect. Thankfully he wasn't a particularly high ilvl toon, but it's very problematic when the class with the fastest (burst) move speed can go invis and nearly damage immune in a flash.
  • Options
    lemonchilllemonchill Member Posts: 523 Arc User
    you all cried and complained about trs stealth now that you got that ability you cry again?

make up your minds.
  • Options
    gomok72gomok72 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited November 2015

This stealth is better than tr mechanic because : THAT IS THE TRUE PERMA. if you get hit if you move away you just dissapear no matter if you have dots on you. I am not tr and i never played main tr. BUT i know tr mechanics they never had perma stealth. ( proof: stealth depletion when they get hit).

ALso in another post i saw about ring of natural order negative feedback which i agreed was too much to remove all buffs.
    AND i saw warlocks complained about ring of natural order and now what ? sw in perma stealth gz.
    Also i have too a ring of ambush in my bank so what now do you like that pvp? me not because that is not pvp using the true perma stealth.
    GL to great weapon fighters-guardian fighters : cw or sw in stealth and you dont know where to find them to kill them.

Yeah, I was the SW that you ran into in Domination that was using that ring. During that bout I was called a hacker and accused of using broke HAMSTER items in PvP. I was just testing the waters with the ring and can say it is a good ring to use for SW but not a fix. There are far more worse classes using this ring other than SW (Wait until you run into a 4. item level Control Wizard,Guardian fighter or a TR),you will really see the river of tears flowing.

I knew you guys were looking for me to jump and used the ring to my advantage, but don't worry, again, I am only a Warlock using the ring (not the worst of the classes to come).

On a note, I think PvP has become a novelty thing for the developers to laugh about, don't take PvP in this game serious as it was a after thought brought in to enable a cash grab from a different crowd than PvErs.
    I may not be considered by most the BEST PVP Warlock on the server but, I am the most HATED amongst them.

-Kymos
  • Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Helped an HR test a purple one yesterday.
    It works and is indeed powerful. Still, it works only if you move, so it's not like that.
    Plus: ring of siege--->30% DR if you move for 1 second (legendary), 2 seconds (purple).
    We can say a TR using it "borrowed" GWF and SW shift mechanic, on top of their dodge? Or Unstoppable DR, which is 30%?

I was against these rings, but these "self-buff" ones affect everyone the same way. For example, ring of ambush helps TR too, extending its stealth on every build, for example executioners with a legendary one might be permastealth now. The time of a dodge roll, and you're invisible.

I would delete these effects and replace them with something else, cause the fact these rings are salvageable is still very useful.
    I think the 4000 stat buff earned when hitting an enemy is not a bad idea. Give different rings a different stat buff that is stackable. Like 400 per stack, up to 4k at legendary. 4k stat is, for most stats, a significant boost, but not even close to a free stealth, or the ability to cancel the self-buffs, or a free 30% DR...

I still wonder why they introduced these rings when, for example, i just discovered that my T.Terror debuffs only 20% power instead of 40% :neutral:
  • Options
    obsydian666obsydian666 Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited November 2015

actually CW and SW are eatean alive in domi vs GF and GWF, so whats the problem?

PS. invisible crescendo is also problematic ;]
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Stealth and DR rings work only when the user is moving. Classes that need to stop to hit, will get revealed when they try to attack. In fact, the HR i tested with, could "kite" when invisible, but as soon as he tried to attack, i could see him.
    So let's say that a melee class like GWF or GF won't benefit much from it, unless they plan on just stop attacking the enemy. GF is too slow to kite if he goes stealth after burst, GWF can't attack if he's moving.
    Helps more HR, or SW, or CW who can burst then go stealth to survive better.
  • Options
    heruwath1heruwath1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    All those rings are a nuisance at best.They are not good for pvp builds whatsoever and i think that they give an edge on not so skilled players which imho is good cause they ll continue to queue for domination and everyone loves fast queues.
    I am not gonna say which ones but there are some that do not work as intended and i like having my pop-corn on forums and have a laugh at some people that say they tested while they actually didnt.

Can the rings at some point be game breaking? definitely
    Are pvp-builds (i ll explain better: builds that are made to fight on-node and not die with a gush of wind) better with them? definitely not
    Can a not good player get to a more skilled player if he uses the rings? eventually yes 1/100
    Do good players whine? definitely not
    Do bad players adapt? definitely not

Many people through many mods with many game-breaking additions learned to continue playing and excel in pvp .I think they ll be alright with the rings as well.Plus no one should care so much for pvp breaking feats and perks on a pve-based-game (developers-wise i mean) they have no reason to care since they stated that the game is for pve
    If you like pvp, try to be better at it and if it hurts you that your feedback is not heard: Stop it, NW pvp is not for you
    If you are killed by the worst player cus of some bug in the game and you feel bad about it : Stop it, NW pvp is not for you
    If your idea of balancing comes hand to hand with whining : Stop it, NW pvp is not for you

Now , having said all that : I personally think that a good teamwork of 5 people, that have put some work in their pvp builds, and with the SH weapons can get vs almost any 5-man team that relies on such feats (drowned/howling/fire weapons + rings) 1000-0
    (given it might not be 0 , I will for now give the stupid rings a break, lets say more that 0..... but you get my point)

PS-1: If the argument comes and some of you will support that the +5 rings are indeed op ...
    let me rephrase: the rings that you have to farm pve so much just to have a chance of getting the one that is 'op' then
    1:go find a pve guild
    2:the new mod will be about to be released and
    3:we ll have no prob at arena cause pve players were never a problem

PS-2: i would love to see two friends a sw and a cw running on mid with these rings feeling op as HAMSTER only to realise that they are among Saber/Mangroth/Icydrake that also use the rings .And just to have more fun at it lets say that not all of them use ring of ambush, lets say that one of them have the reflex sight ring and playing dumb XD

PS-3:Any ,non TR, who is actually thinking of using them should forfeit his future feedback on the 'balancing the op TR' discussion . They are not suited on having a potentially nerf opinion of another classv of the TR class when they are indeed using the class mechanics
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Yea, what syndul said. You've just got to play pvp for the laughs. I gave my TR a +4 brutality and a +3 ambush, respecced back to executioner and have been having a real blast in pvp. Driving around in plane sight without anyone seeing me is hilarious. My tab stealth is now just the autocrit button.

Waiting for the same rings to drop orange for my main HR. To make an HTR.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    heruwath1heruwath1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 117 Arc User
    jonkoca said:

You've just got to play pvp for the laughs.

+100000
    jonkoca said:

. To make an HTR.

ROFLMAO
  • Options
    barthanbarthan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 73 Arc User
    Typical pvp community players. The ones that use all the bugs to their advantage instead of making a better pvp community making it worse. This game from day one had pvp in it. I play few characters My Gwf My tr My cleric and Paliden. All have there place in game. Just have to adjust now for the new cryptic HAMSTER like always they put in game. What is Sad there is nothing else out there better then this right now. (but soon) and you will see number plummet here.
  • Options
    I can tell how the test with the HR went. He got a purple one (don't remember which one).
    Basically, it was the same as fighting someone with the old stealth reveal.
    Enemy attacks--->you see him--->he moves to stealth--->next time he attacks, you see him again, or you can see him if you get in the 20-30' range from him

I think the ring might be very, very powerful on ranged classes with mobility like SW. Basically, they can burst from and then go stealth, just a quick shadowslip, bunnyhop and shadow slip again if the enemy gets to close. Let the DoTs do their job and burst again when cooldowns are over. Basically, helps the SW to overcome its squishyness.

For a GWF or GF it's useless. GWF needs to keep attacking to build stacks and keep them up, is melee range and must stop to attack. Not DoTs so what a GWF does is pressure to the end.
    I see being more useful for GWFs and GFs the siege ring, that gives 30% DR after 1s (legendary) when you move. Basically allows a GWF to add another 30% DR to the 30% from sprint or unstoppable, making him tankier when he tries to reach a ranged enemy or when he moves around to find a TR or a stealth ring user.

Other rings might be more useful for PvE. These 2 rings and the stealth reveal one might be the choice for PvP, depending on the class.
  • Options
    jshin#7087 jshin Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    This is hilarious.
    We should all get legendary ambush ring and play hide and seek instead of pvp.
  • Options
    jshin#7087 jshin Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    On a side note, I wonder if these rings make all trs attack crit every 1second.
  • Options
    ryoshinetteryoshinette Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 488 Arc User
    Good point bro.
    Today I was rtying to kill DC. Add his "slides" to invisibility every few seconds. O.o
    that was pretty sick.
    Ryoshin GF (4.2k)
    .Suicide Squad.

• Options
    i think this ring would be ok for GWFs too, so we dont get hit abused by ranged when standing on a node, unlike GF we have no shield and is a melee class, we are practically a target dummy if they hit us from ranged while we try to cap :D

• Options
    klayl771klayl771 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    negation is a partial unstopable machanic, and stealth ring is a partial stealth machanic.
    everyone is running around with negation, most anyway.
    and lots of rogues are using cleric class artifect.
  • Options
    zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    klayl771 said:

negation is a partial unstopable machanic, and stealth ring is a partial stealth machanic.

Both of which are widely lampooned as the most game breaking things to ever hit the game. So what's your point?
  • Options
    klayl771klayl771 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    zibadawa said:

klayl771 said:

Both of which are widely lampooned as the most game breaking things to ever hit the game. So what's your point?
    rogues think they are special and think this is the first time that a class machanic is being used. and no one should be allow to equip.
  • Options
    hedgebethedgebet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 447 Arc User
    klayl771 said:

zibadawa said:

klayl771 said:

rogues think they are special and think this is the first time that a class machanic is being used. and no one should be allow to equip.
    I don't know about all of that, but I did name one of my GWF's "Special Eddy". I chose that name because of how they look standing sometimes after fighting -- I mean if you know what I mean it sort of fits.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Double post.

I may not be considered by most the BEST PVP Warlock on the server but, I am the most HATED amongst them.

-Kymos
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    gomok72 said:

actually CW and SW are eatean alive in domi vs GF and GWF, so whats the problem?

PS. invisible crescendo is also problematic ;]
    This is what I'm saying, HAMSTER SW are the jesters of PvP right now and will remain so even , after the HAMSTER buffs we are supposedly getting to to improve our game play (I don't trust G.Crush worth of damn with this class's buffs) . Anyways, things will grow and change in game and a lot of people that are known to "EXPLOIT" dynamics and bugs (Broke HAMSTER T. Feytouch, broke HAMSTER negation, broke HAMSTER crit hits "doing less than regular hits") will continue to do so, along with the new PvP dynamic of stealth/blow a person back with my rings of HAMSTER PvP players.

Those of us looking to take PvP in this game serious has already left and went back to WOW or waiting on Pantheon.

On a note, if people didn't exploit in PvP you wouldn't see the use of T. Feytouch, T. Negation, certain enchants (I won't mention) and certain boons and specs that do not work like they are suppose to, so this whole thread is just another thread that will be underneath the carpet in the coming weeks.

-Kymos
  • Options
    pando83 said:

I can tell how the test with the HR went. He got a purple one (don't remember which one).
    Basically, it was the same as fighting someone with the old stealth reveal.
    Enemy attacks--->you see him--->he moves to stealth--->next time he attacks, you see him again, or you can see him if you get in the 20-30' range from him

I think the ring might be very, very powerful on ranged classes with mobility like SW. Basically, they can burst from and then go stealth, just a quick shadowslip, bunnyhop and shadow slip again if the enemy gets to close. Let the DoTs do their job and burst again when cooldowns are over. Basically, helps the SW to overcome its squishyness.

For a GWF or GF it's useless. GWF needs to keep attacking to build stacks and keep them up, is melee range and must stop to attack. Not DoTs so what a GWF does is pressure to the end.
    I see being more useful for GWFs and GFs the siege ring, that gives 30% DR after 1s (legendary) when you move. Basically allows a GWF to add another 30% DR to the 30% from sprint or unstoppable, making him tankier when he tries to reach a ranged enemy or when he moves around to find a TR or a stealth ring user.

Other rings might be more useful for PvE. These 2 rings and the stealth reveal one might be the choice for PvP, depending on the class.

Apparently, you haven't ran into a couple of our Daybreak or Black turtle GF that are using these rings, Bull charge from stealth, Ding dong and to the respawn you go. As far a Rouges go, they will always have the PvP edge in this game, SE will never get nerfed while every other class is supposedly getting a once over for nerfs because they are CCing too much or not enough.

I don't know, this game irritates the HAMSTER out of me now for some reason with the PvP stuff.

-Kymos
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    is it normal player to hide in a hard situation and healed from drowned weapon. All those are normal ofcourse.
    YOu all need a shocking execution to feel .
    Post edited by mamalion1234 on
  • Options
    zwergenschubserzwergenschubser Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 41 Arc User
    oh boy

pvp was messed up before and now with these rings haha...

[Mitteilung] Von [Brienne von Tarth]: ach du bist der klugscheißer aus dem forum, wird ja immer schöner xD
    [Mitteilung] an [Brienne von Tarth]: ja genau der bin ich
    [Systemmeldung] Brienne von Tarth ignoriert Sie.
    [Mitteilung] an [mich selbst]: pvp ist schon geil
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Well, you gotta admit, stuff like this breaks the monotony... Annnnnd I suppose, wearing very rose-tinted spectacles, although these rings are really laughably broken, at least they are available to all and sundry, and when everyone is broken, then no-one is... right...?

No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    So far fought a CW and a HR with the ring. both around 2.8-3.2k (I'm 3.4k) It was a bit of a shock to suddenly see the CW go invis, but I quickly adjusted and just ran to where I assumed he was going. then killed him anyway, Big + is you still see the shift animation of CW and I assume DC when they use it in stealth due too its shiny effect.
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,