test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What's your favorite thing about Underdark so far?

13»

Comments

• Options
    dfncedfnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 509 Arc User
    Tarmalune Trade Bar Rework
    Bar change is nice although some stuff like artifacts are quite expensive to buy if relying on VIP program free keys only.
    EX-DL-BtS / ITF-KC-KB / BF-HD-IBS / FtF-IT-ST-Dis / CA-GW-PG
    "When no appropriate rule applies, make one up."
    — (The unwritten rule)

• Options
    dufistodufisto Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    oh my favorite part has to be the 100 times i have to do crabs in drowned shores to get the water weapons. waiting to see you there doing it strum.....

/sarcasm off.

or better yet go farm the air set. with the 3 other people trying to complete that he.....
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Demonic Heroic Encounters

urabask said:

I'm probably the only one that likes the HEs lol.

Good source of salvage; joining the zerg in WoD nets more than running elol and doesn't take any keys.

It's not about the old HE in WOD, but the new "Demonic" He. Have you done one ? I did one, and didn't like it
    I was talking about the new HEs. WoD is basically the only place worth running them because DR and IWD don't really have a zerg running around from HE to HE. I'll take a boring fast HE that I can finish in five minutes over a 20+ minute dungeon where the queue can screw me or people will RQ in the middle of a run. Only running either of them for salvage and the best that could've happened is that they might've added an old dungeon and we'd all get bored of that one pretty fast too.

I think no matter what content they add it'll get boring to some degree so I'm not really all that phased by a slightly boring grind that gives me a chance to get AD.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User
    New Skirmishes (Prophecy of Madness and Throne of the Dwarven Gods)

Let's keep this simple and to the point! Tell me which feature you like the most so far. And if it's too soon to vote, feel free to vote at a later date!

1) I love new skirmish mechanics.. :) great job.

2) Demogorgon Fight - Hard fight, but its enjoyable. Good work.

3) Demonic Heroic Encounters - I hope all heroics would be remodeled to have same mechanics.. :) really good stuff.

4) R.A. Salvatore Quests - Very well done. Great work.. I like it. :)

5) Gear Preview - Feature to allow us mortals(not CreditCard warriors) to check how our character would look like with top end gear :)

6) Tarmalune Trade Bar Rework - the way how its remodeled I would say its nice.. But since I have absolute 0 Trade bars is like I don't care :)

7) Masterwork Professions - Only players who are bored will use it. Artifact weapons is mainstream. And way to easy to obtainable, and lose reason for players to use crafting at all.. If crafting would have like option to recraft/refine/rebuild artifact and give random unique bonus then I would say it wold be worth to use crafting.. Now it's pointless...

8) Strongholds Additions - Didn't notice anything special,, only snow near chest. And I don't know is it bug/glitch.

9) Artifact Weapons with "Always Double Refinement" - in some sense I like, players refine arti weapons faster than before.
    Don't like, because it kills part of game.

10) Mantol-Derith - personally I expected slightly larger area, and something more, kinda disappointed.

Overall impression...
    SW gets another kungfu kick to crunches. New gear's, weapons have now life steal.. Warlock survivability depends on life steal.
    Kinda frustrated, and wondering what kinda new warlock nerf feature we get in future expansion. :)

========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    R.A. Salvatore Quests
    I have to give it to the R.A. Salvatore quests, but then I came here from Neverwinter Nights -- I place great value on good storytelling.

This is my second run through, this time with my GF. Those vampires have NO idea the hurt that's about to come down upon them!

screenshot 2015 11 19 20 48 09
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    rexfire91rexfire91 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 56 Arc User
    Changes to Tarmalune Trade Bar were great. I also enjoyed the Salvatore quest line and some of the creativity implemented in those areas (chasing down a drunken orc lol). For once I felt like I was reliving the lvl 1-60 questline were the quests actually interested me. A nice step back up from the trash quests we got in Elemental Evil.

I know a lot of players don't like the odd focus on HEs over dungeons (and I'm inclined to agree with them) HOWEVER, one thing that I do appreciate is the fact that the Demon Hunter quests provide essential campaign resources, thus allowing a character to achieve the boons at an accelerated rate compared to before.
  • Options
    qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    My favourite thing ? The new features and gear mean that the need to be in a guild and pour masses of essential resources into a Stronghold to get it to a high enough level to be worth having has basically ceased to exist. The boons were never needed by most players, so the only real benefit was the high end gear. You can now get the equivalent easily as a solo player, so no more requirement to feed the Mimic :)
  • Options
    xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    Gear Preview
    For me especially is it Gear preview or " Preview all" is Best what happend in game,
    Really cool to see all the different clothes on me.
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • Options
    gphxgphxgphxgphx Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    The quest line was great. So were some of the minor changes to artifact refining, trade bars, etc.

The problem was the ending where we were basically told to endlessly farm, as if that wasn't what everyone was already doing before the mod because there was nothing left to do. Basically after a nice couple of hours of beautiful quests we ended up right back behind the 8 ball again doing endless farming, albeit some of it with new skins on the mobs. The worst part of that is much of the farming is in the zone from the previous mod, the zone most people got the heck out of as soon as possible. A quest for people to do tedious things endlessly in a zone they've already said they don't like isn't a mod, it's torture. Not interested.

In the past I'd just ignore the new stuff and do old standby areas like Dread Ring but now most of them are all lagged up by heroic trains. So they managed to screw up what I liked about the old stuff too.

In short I was really, really happy for a couple of hours and now I have no idea what to do.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    R.A. Salvatore Quests
    One thing that occurred to me was that it would have been really cool if you had the option of continuing on a much longer quest line -- one that you didn't have to do to advance or to gain gear, but purely for the enjoyment of adventuring.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    rivodus07rivodus07 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    The best part so far for me is the game crashing eveytime I go to fight any random mob in the game. It is an amazing feature that everyone should enjoy.
  • Options
    mirai222mirai222 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    R.A. Salvatore Quests
    I voted for the Salvatore quests, just because I don't care about the other things in the list. I'm just about to start those quests. At least, I think the quests I just accepted are the Salvatore quests. I'm a new player (having plowed through quests to level 60), and I don't understand the tradebar store.

The gear preview might be nice if the devs ever add any gear/costumes that I like. (Doubtful at this point. Surprisingly disappointing for a Cryptic game.)
    Post edited by mirai222 on
  • Options
    nimandiirnimandiir Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 90 Arc User
    R.A. Salvatore Quests
    Bring back the team that made the first 3 modules. And I like the gear preview and Taramalune Trade bar rework, now we just need a collection tab that allows us to equip consmetics and mounts w/o taking up over 100 bank slots<- True Fact
  • Options
    lowenduslowendus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 322 Arc User
    1) Trade bar store 100%
    Was a great touch to have an alternative in buying stuff, especially some of the artis.
    2) 36K RAD refinement cap (NOT METNIONED?!) (sorry bout the caps)
    3) Salvatore Quests,
    4) 2x Arti RP

The rest, kinda meh cause unfortunately people run mindlessly into the skirmishes or demogorgon fight without paying attention to what they have to do to get gold rewards etc.

Also. Mantol derith being an area with no mobs or stuff to do was kind of a letdown.

On a sidenote. Balance changes and 1,2,3,4 from this mod, brought me back to NW after calling it quits during Elemental Evil.

I think when the old dungeons we all miss, return, it's gonna be a lagfest, cuz many more will return!!! But we'll love every second of it (lagging)

In the loving memory of PK. FH, CN, CK and TOI.
  • Options
    aeonnettetwo#2746 aeonnettetwo Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    That I still have Sharandar/DR/ToD/IWD to grind through, because this one is even worse.
    The rest is either cosmetic or cash stuff, neither of which I care for.
  • Options
    rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    R.A. Salvatore Quests
    Well.. I voted for Mr Salvatore's quests.. which I have been waiting to play since it was announced that he was writing a quest-line.

Little dissapointed that there weren't more... but hopefully -crosses fingers- there will be :)

The trade bar store revamp.. is definitely a major QoL upgrade, so thanks for that.
    As well as the gear preview. :)

The demonic HE's are cool... even if they are the sames one in all the zones... but at least they scale in difficulty which I think helps solo players. At least we can complete those and get SOMETHING out of it instead of waiting around for a group to show up.
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    R.A. Salvatore Quests
    The quests By Salvatore. I play this game because I want to see stories in the Sword coast. Not because I want to play an endless facebook game of refining equipment. They were too short for my tastes but still it was nice. If every new mod had such quests at their beginning it would be nice. They could even space out the quests over the module if they want.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    The Demonic HEs are pretty fun. Like to collect the rings and books.
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • Options
    deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    Trade bar store, preview (thank you!), new skirms, RAS quests.
    If the Underdark actually had a world zone, this would of been a legit mod..

Still not thrilled about the all the bugs still being ignored, but I have to admit alot of good changes here.

• Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    pan17 said:

nothing from the above yu 're mentioning to vote...my favorite from underdark are the first two boons ...xD
    the third boon is buggy ...? what's going on...i chose the 10% combat advantage and i see it nowhere in the ratings menu...pff...

No CA bonus like that displays on your character sheet.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    eoleeeolee Member Posts: 264 Arc User

Ok... I voted for the TB Store rework... but let's break these down. Yes... I know the dev's love it when I do this.

8) Strongholds Additions - You mean the patch of snow next to the mimic? Seriously?

10) Mantol-Derith - You mean the "Underdark Truck Stop? Because that is all it is. If there were an actual adventure area tied to it... then it would be worth it.

Thanks im laughing hard since solid 10 minutes now.
  • Options
    chocobofarmerchocobofarmer Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    The giant crab.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    There was nothing in the new zone.. 3 quests.. and a entry point. Its more of a entry point then a zone.

It WAS a well done entry point.. but its still not really something that "needed" to be introduced.

Skirms are just terrible, im sorry, I KNOW what you were trying to do, teach people mechanics.. but wow.. just WOW, are they really hard to stomach. I wish they would adjust them somewhat.. make them a bit faster at least.

PUT a tutorial in to teach mechanics, most players can figure it out in 1-2 mins in a new fight like demo. Please listen to feedback and dont do this again.. most of us have no need for that. IT took me a couple mins reading blogs during patching to figure demo out .. Basic skirms killing things, if you wanted to put those mechanics in, put them at the boss fight for either. They are both poorly done.

(btw I like demo too, its quite fun, not as much as I like the tbar rework.. but still, its not a bad addition at all)

I just wish you gave us better skirms, so we could have more fun in this mod grinding out freezies, that is my biggest complaint really. Its hard to get through them daily.

• Options
    rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    rexfire91 said:

Changes to Tarmalune Trade Bar were great. I also enjoyed the Salvatore quest line and some of the creativity implemented in those areas (chasing down a drunken orc lol). For once I felt like I was reliving the lvl 1-60 questline were the quests actually interested me. A nice step back up from the trash quests we got in Elemental Evil.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I agree with the lines above but the fact that we have no new area and NO NEW DUNGEON made me really sad, this game style was so nice before; we had one quest arc one dungeon for game area.
    About the skirmishes:

I like Dread Ring because looks like part of the Dread Ring questline. Kessell's retreat and Shores of Tuern are like smal Dungeons, they are pretty nice to run, Kessel's fills the rule of a Dungeons pretty well.

The game now is based in HE's that bring too much people in the same instance, there's not team work there one a ungry mob, i think you should not expand that too much like we got in this last mod's

The game is really going far from the 3 first mod's that made me play a MMO for the first time !
    Don't look for soluctions in other MMO look in the first 3 modules and D&D book's

Thanks for the effort, and sorry for my grammar !

• Options
    feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    Trade bar changes were mostly great, although overpriced companions are nothing but ridiculous. The boneheaded nerf to HR yesterday, which does the EXACT OPPOSITE of what it claims, the mind-numbing, tedious grind to get motes and the patch making it somehow even worse. the anemic twisted ichor rewards from Demogorgon and making Bael Thrymskald disappear after the DHE that happens in front of him are my least favorite parts.