test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why is purple salvage = to the same amount of blue for salvage purpose?

silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
This makes no sense to me, they are supposed to be harder content, but the purple drops are worth the same, so after you get your armor, the only reason to run t2s is to help out other poeple..

This has no cohorent progression reasoning. Purples should be worth double salvage vs blues.

Overall , one of the major complaints at the moment, is that its so unrewarding to play, IE.. you didnt make the rewards of running content, worth the time to do it!

T2's are the most perfect example of this, please make this change so there is a reason to farm t2s.

Thank you,

Comments

• Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    To add to this, artifacts like lostmauth's horn drop in t1's while no fancy items drop in t2's. There is absolutely no reason for me to ever enter a t2 once I got my t2 gear, because t1's are more rewarding. T2's need some fancy drops to justify running them (greater losmauth's horn of blasting?)
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    I agree with that as well.. its like they didnt really think this through..

If nothing else, why not a good chance at a purple rp stone? + increase salvage drop, at least then it would be something to go for and do these.

after getting through egwd and ecc a few times now, I just dont even bother.. its elol, elol, elol, some etos, etos, etos and a few vts and mc to break it up.. sometimes a random kr.

They could make etos a 1% chance to drop a rare artifact set, and ecc, egwd a 4% chance or something.

There is things they could do .. but at least make some changes!
  • Options
    sobacsobac Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Agreed.
    And to add another thing: why guild items cost 3 times less when salvaging? 3k of guild marks (i.e. ring, neck) worth 1k rAD? Are you kiddin me? 3k guild marks is as easy to obtain as 300 seal of the elements? :s
  • Options

I agree with that as well.. its like they didnt really think this through..

If nothing else, why not a good chance at a purple rp stone? + increase salvage drop, at least then it would be something to go for and do these.

after getting through egwd and ecc a few times now, I just dont even bother.. its elol, elol, elol, some etos, etos, etos and a few vts and mc to break it up.. sometimes a random kr.

They could make etos a 1% chance to drop a rare artifact set, and ecc, egwd a 4% chance or something.

There is things they could do .. but at least make some changes!

Agreed, the reasons dungeons were so successful before is because if you wanted all your gear, you had to run all of them. Each piece of gear could only be acquired from 1 dungeon and you could purchase inferior versions from the seal vendor, this is the way it should be, it promotes running dungeons and if the random pieces that drop on the floor can be sold for AD, it creates a way of earning revenue off other players. Of coarse, if they ever want to replicate that success again, they need to release all the remaining dungeons at once, not just 1 of them and furthermore, there needs to be a dungeon like CN (or just CN) where there is a superior weapon set that is BoE and farmable, to sell on the AH, which is also BiS.
  • Options

Themed artifacts would be nice. Like a spiderweb root one for EToS.

Or a firebomb keg from eCC, or a lightning CC effect from eGWD. On topic though, I believe the salvage value of t2 drops should be at least twice that of the salvage value of the t1 drops, otherwise there is no reason to run t2's.
  • Options
    darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    I run T1s for blue gear to salvage for personal AD. I run T2s for epic gear to donate to the guild's SH coffer: 810 points makes a pretty big dent in the Surplus Equipment requirement.

The fact that epic gear does not salvage for more AD than blue gear makes it easier to dump the purple stuff into the coffer.
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User

To add to this, artifacts like lostmauth's horn drop in t1's while no fancy items drop in t2's. There is absolutely no reason for me to ever enter a t2 once I got my t2 gear, because t1's are more rewarding. T2's need some fancy drops to justify running them (greater losmauth's horn of blasting?)

I'd get along well enough if the Portector Seals would be BoA, or there were another tab in the Seal Vendor store that offered other classes Armour, or the Boss could - with a decent chance > 5% - drop ProtSeal bags that are unbound...

But as it is now, it's a lot of work for little to no reward, and none more than the T1s give.
  • Options
    icyclassicyclass Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    Or even if they added back the unique-looking gear that used to drop in the dungeons just for transmutes. (Armor of Lolth, Bloody Frostwolf Pelt, etc.)
  • Options
    romotheoneromotheone Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 729 Arc User
    Because Blue stuff is not even worth 100 surplus for the mimic and purple is worth 810. Me and my guildies run every T2 dungeon on a daily basis.
  • Options
    One of the greatest failures, is the removal of leadership and the non reduction of costing across the board. AD cap isnt a issue, AD creation is.. because costing wasn't reduced. Raising the cap to 36k does nothing.. sure it may allow some people to play one toon more and get to the cap.. gah, your doing it wrong if your doing that. HOW many times do we have to say, sell to the player, not the one toon.. you will get way more profit.

How can they nerf t1s? ITS not even great rewards.. its just "better" then t2s. Nerfing them would result in literally nothing to do in game but run hes.. which apparently some of you are fine with. Even though there is zero real rewards in them. (outside of the herald runs almost.. which you would have to do ad-nasuem.. and its still BORING.

I started this thread to highlight the need to introduce something to actually do in group content.

Ive never seen a mmo reduce rewards to this point.. where its not EVEN worth running t2 content. Never. Even in other games, you always made out (chance at sellable rare drops, account open seals , and the such) doing t2 content vs t1.

ITs not that T1s are GREAT =( They are just LESS terrible then t2s.

• Options
    deceondarkbladedeceondarkblade Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    It's interesting to me because prior to Mod 6, the highest gear (High Vizier for CW for example) did salvage at about twice (if not more) the current rate for t2. I recently salvaged some HV gear and got between 8k and 12k for each piece.
  • Options

It's interesting to me because prior to Mod 6, the highest gear (High Vizier for CW for example) did salvage at about twice (if not more) the current rate for t2. I recently salvaged some HV gear and got between 8k and 12k for each piece.

if those were unbound, I HATE you right now for salvaging it :/ I would have payed you a ton for each piece :p
  • Options

if those were unbound, I HATE you right now for salvaging it :/ I would have payed you a ton for each piece :p
    They were bound, I ran them on my CW for quite a while before going with Black Ice gear. I even had the reinforced arms you could get from the Tailoring craft.
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

If you watch the AH you can pick up just about any piece for around 100-300k. Lots of people trying to gouge the **** out of it but it's a pretty hard sell so eventually you'll find whatever pieces you need.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    there is no reason to salvage those.. keep both hv and hp armor as they are very useful in places like dragonflight.. I still wear my hp armor alot on my dc.. sadly its still BiS even after all of this time.

• Options
    edited November 2015
    nvm
  • Options

there is no reason to salvage those.. keep both hv and hp armor as they are very useful in places like dragonflight.. I still wear my hp armor alot on my dc.. sadly its still BiS even after all of this time.

When I salvaged them, I did second guess whether I would need them, but the bottom line was that I don't run my CW for adventuring anymore. Right now I mostly use him with to generate UE (Alchemy) and RP(Leadership). I learned a long time ago not to stress too much about those sorts of decisions, ultimately something better will come along and I can strive for that.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User

This makes no sense to me, they are supposed to be harder content, but the purple drops are worth the same, so after you get your armor, the only reason to run t2s is to help out other poeple..

This has no cohorent progression reasoning. Purples should be worth double salvage vs blues.

Overall , one of the major complaints at the moment, is that its so unrewarding to play, IE.. you didnt make the rewards of running content, worth the time to do it!

T2's are the most perfect example of this, please make this change so there is a reason to farm t2s.

Thank you,

The purple one is a lot better for dumping to the SH coffer. Its value is a lot higher than the blue one. It worth 810 for the coffer.
    i.e. purple goes to coffer. Blue goes to salvage.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    Yes , I understand what to do with them.. it doesn't however, make them worthwhile to run..
  • Options
    edited November 2015

Yes , I understand what to do with them.. it doesn't however, make them worthwhile to run..

I run them mainly for that purpose and to help others to get pink seals. I get both blue and pink seals to buy stuff to be salvaged. You asked for the purpose and I just explained my purpose.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    I already stated that before though.. that after you gear, the only real reason to run them is to help others!

Yes.. purple salvage is a good value to turn in.. but if they , you know, didnt nerf the major hes in stronghold so terribly, it should in thought drop from them as well (the junk purple items) but since that nerf, I havent seen one.. I stopped running them in fact, as they are entirely a waste of time to me anyways.

The last time my guild needed salvage, I literally bought.. like 80 blues and dumped them in (at around 500 apiece, so that was around 40k in ad.. from my memory they are around 200 apiece.. 16k in salvage give or take. If purples were linear in nature, they should be giving 6k and 10k as a minimum in salvage return, say you get 1 rink, one armor.. you would make 12k+ as a minimum per run.. so less then 4 runs you could buy that many blues.

So instead of netting like 3200-4800 for return of investment, you would come WAY out ahead.

So that is my thought.. WHY not make them worth twice as much, then just let us buy a ton of blues to turn in from the AH.. seems to profit everyone give or take.

• Options

I already stated that before though.. that after you gear, the only real reason to run them is to help others!

Yes.. purple salvage is a good value to turn in.. but if they , you know, didnt nerf the major hes in stronghold so terribly, it should in thought drop from them as well (the junk purple items) but since that nerf, I havent seen one.. I stopped running them in fact, as they are entirely a waste of time to me anyways.

The last time my guild needed salvage, I literally bought.. like 80 blues and dumped them in (at around 500 apiece, so that was around 40k in ad.. from my memory they are around 200 apiece.. 16k in salvage give or take. If purples were linear in nature, they should be giving 6k and 10k as a minimum in salvage return, say you get 1 rink, one armor.. you would make 12k+ as a minimum per run.. so less then 4 runs you could buy that many blues.

So instead of netting like 3200-4800 for return of investment, you would come WAY out ahead.

So that is my thought.. WHY not make them worth twice as much, then just let us buy a ton of blues to turn in from the AH.. seems to profit everyone give or take.

The junk purple from AH worth 8000 AD. I can get one once a while when I solo the 2nd level (below the major) SH HE.
    If the group assaults the major one, usually, at least one of us can get a purple.

Relatively, I prefer to drop the unlucky purple loot to the coffer such as belt and ring from T2 (3000 AD). Our guild does T2 in many parties. If anyone gets purple belt and ring, we just drop that to coffer.
  • Options
    This really isnt about leadership.

Even though, no I dont agree with you and I never will, its too late anyways for that. The game really isnt better due to leadership removal.. not one bit. But Im trying to stress positive changes that could occur. Ive been accused of being too negative, so Im trying to encourage discussion to make small changes that really could help all of us. This is one of them.

IF leadership was removed to make playing the game more rewarding, then they need to step up and make it so, t2s should function as a good farming area for people and right now IT doesnt. Thats not linear at all, which of course never has been a strong suit.

Some of you are so blinded with hatred on leadership , you totally missed the value of it. It allowed the ultimate freedom in game to do whatever you wanted. Now we are all funneled into doing 1-2 things to make ad. Restriction is never good.

BY changing t2s rewards to the point that people can farm them, it relieves some of the restriction.

• Options
    madmage863madmage863 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Doesn't really seem like this problem is limited to the endgame 'tiered' content; the entire game lacks a progression scale - coming from years of WoW, I expect dungeons at every 10 level mark that drop BiS gear at the time. The fact that there doesn't even seem to be a loot table for drops from bosses in these dungeons is mind boggling to me - did eTOS my first time last night and not seeing bosses drop even a blue was disappointing. Furthermore, past this point there is... nothing. There is no high end 10+ man raid content (Tiamat doesn't count if what I've heard is true and the group is randomized) for guilds to even NEED to push tactics and gear score up for.

I mean, it seems odd... they introduced Strongholds as an incentive to make your guild stronger, but there is no content whatsoever that this extra strength is even needed for. How the hell has this game survived so long without endgame content?
  • Options
    rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    Cheers Silver, as always - a great thread. From a guild leader point of view (regardless of the fact it's your guild as well), encouraging my members to run T2's and donate the items to the coffer seems sorta fair since the items are no better than the blue drops as far as salvaging goes, so people comply without complaining and everyone is doing their share. In that instance, I'd rather people to be more selfish about the purple drops yet earn more out of them so they won't be JUST coffer valuable, but AD valuable since one of the biggest sinks in the SH structure is the actual AD. With more donations coming up and the prices rising accoridngly, we find it hard to collect from everyone since the earning rate is very low, thus making the guild progress halt (not to speak of the fact that my officers and myself are forced to chase payments and are slowly losing our sanity over it.)

There has to be a massive change in both rewards from T2's and dungeons as a whole and the coffer costs, more and more people give up and drop upon understanding how much they're looking at AD wise when it comes to the coffer and it becomes harder and harder as we progress.
  • Options

This really isnt about leadership.

Even though, no I dont agree with you and I never will, its too late anyways for that. The game really isnt better due to leadership removal.. not one bit. But Im trying to stress positive changes that could occur. Ive been accused of being too negative, so Im trying to encourage discussion to make small changes that really could help all of us. This is one of them.

IF leadership was removed to make playing the game more rewarding, then they need to step up and make it so, t2s should function as a good farming area for people and right now IT doesnt. Thats not linear at all, which of course never has been a strong suit.

Some of you are so blinded with hatred on leadership , you totally missed the value of it. It allowed the ultimate freedom in game to do whatever you wanted. Now we are all funneled into doing 1-2 things to make ad. Restriction is never good.

BY changing t2s rewards to the point that people can farm them, it relieves some of the restriction.

Although I don't like the leadership nerf, I don't complain as strong as before.

Why? Because it (as a side effect) is better for my overall entertainment value. We do a lot more party activity in a guild because it is a source of AD. People are "forced" to participate indirectly. Dragonflight gives AD indirectly. Dungeon run/Skirmish gives AD directly and indirectly. Quests in different zone. Also, because there is a limit of one char can earn, the weaker alt becomes more popular instead of dust collector. It is easily to get into party within the guild to do things in a group now. "Anyone wants to spend 10 minutes to KR to get some AD before Dragonflight?" "Good idea, why not? We need AD. ..." "I have half hour before going out for dinner, anyone wants to go to eTos to have a quick run?" "Sure, why not? We need AD ...".

More people in our guild are raising playable alt from scratch.
  • Options
    edited November 2015

Removing of Leadership was very good, you only benefitted from it. Everyone else struggled. They just need to tweak again the economy and they are doing another step forward with the Tarmalune seller, eventually it will decrease the cost of some enchantments. They should not stop there and look at transmutations costs, etc. Mod 8 will be in a far better shape than Mod 6.

...if mantric repetition created truth your middle name would be "Pravda". Also this thread really isn't about this at all, so why spam your mantra?

I can really see that the economy is well worthwhile again, prices are still going down. Yay, Deflation!!! The hallmark of prosperity...

/sarcasm

On topic:

The double-CF'ed people actually were those poor souls who, in the early phases of Mod 6 went ahead and upped their T1s to T 1.5, only to find they didn't even get a meek few AD back for their massive, retroactively voided BI investment.

Also, if there's no additional AD in C's salvage budget, what about getting, from the salvage of T1.5s, some Purified Black Ice ???

...because that actually would make quite some sense.
    Post edited by suicidalgodot on