test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

mementos of mask and leira

hi, i am enjoying the masquerade of liars event. it's quite nice because it's my first time to see it...but, are you getting the mementos of mask and leira that you need for your artifact? for some reason the game is giving me more mask than leira, so i can't upgrade it. and as you probably know, it seems they only come from quests, so why are the quests not giving enough? or am i the only one with this problem? or is it random which memento you get?

what if the event master only gives you mask mementos, then how do you complete the artifact before the event is over?

Comments

• Options
    two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    It's not random. Trading treats gets you a Memento of Leira. The lore quest and the gathering quest each give you a Memento of Mask.

The lore quest isn't available to characters who've completed a previous Masquerade, so many characters are only getting 1 of each a day.

You need 3 of each memento to upgrade your Mask to blue. After that you should unlock the option to purchase mementos in the the event store.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    I got one of each today, one from each daily.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
    On;y wish the Illusionist Mask had some really cool unique active use, such as to transform into one of those halloween cronies lurking around PE during this event or something like that.
    Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
    Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

two30 said:

The lore quest isn't available to characters who've completed a previous Masquerade, so many characters are only getting 1 of each a day.

Your evidence for that? I participated last year and got the lore quest like any other.

There is a lore quest only until you run out of lore (5x). It can span multiple years if you miss days.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    ultimateblu#0961 ultimateblu Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    oh ok, so i guess it's just giving my mask mementos than leira generally. i have two mask and one leira but i need 2 of each to upgrade.

and yes, i wish it had some special feature...actually i wish that i could wear it as fashion like the black mask that the event master has. i think it would be cool that it is the only artifact that you can wear as a fashion "hat". i'm ok with it not having a super op power and just being a stat booster. since i'm new, then it's kinda nice to add extra stats wherever i can get them.
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User

two30 said:

Your evidence for that? I participated last year and got the lore quest like any other.

There is a lore quest only until you run out of lore (5x). It can span multiple years if you miss days.
    Is it from Mask in the Moonstone Mask, or from the event dias? Because I've gotten both quests both days on a toon than has definitely collected the lore in prior years. You do the "give charms" quest, then when you turn it in you get a quest that has you collect one charm outside of PE. Doing both of those grants you one of each.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    edited October 2015

two30 said:

Is it from Mask in the Moonstone Mask, or from the event dias? Because I've gotten both quests both days on a toon than has definitely collected the lore in prior years. You do the "give charms" quest, then when you turn it in you get a quest that has you collect one charm outside of PE. Doing both of those grants you one of each.
    If you have all the lore, you shouldn't be getting sent to the Moonstone Mask anymore. If the Loremaster has a quest after you run out of lore, then that's something I've previously missed because I stop going out of my way to visit him. All the quests I know of originate at the event dais.

So the guaranteed daily quests are to trade for treats and to collect a charm outside of PE regardless of how much you've previously done the event. Just these will grant enough gewgaws to finish the artifact (if you don't have to miss any days).

The lore quest gives extra Memento of Mask, or lets you skip the quest to leave PE. It no longer shows up if you have collected all 5 lore entries.

Incidentally, because this is technically a 5-day event but most North Americans' work/sleep schedule prevents them from doing more than 4 days before it ends, it's really easy to have been missing your final lore from the prior year.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    dufistodufisto Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited October 2015

Incidentally, because this is technically a 5-day event but most North Americans' work/sleep schedule prevents them from doing more than 4 days before it ends, it's really easy to have been missing your final lore from the prior year.

it started at 10am pacfic yesterday. not sure how north americans cant log in 1once every 24 hours and get the rewards. i can see eastern europe having that issue perhaps

as for the momentos. you need to complete 3 days worth of dailies to get it blue. at which point you should be able to buy the last few.

• Options
    anomaleaanomalea Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    Same thing here, did all three quests yesterday and all three today. Have 3 mementos of Mask and only one of Leira, therefore, no upgrading today.
  • Options
    yeah it seems it just gives more mask mementos, but i think from what people are saying, you'll get enough to buy the leira eventually...but giving the extra mask memento does lead to confusion...but perhaps you eventually need it later? i guess i'll find out...
  • Options
    lol, fyi, got the 2 leiras today, and with 95% chance to upgrade, it failed. so now i have 2 mask 0 leira, and cannot get it to rare so that i can buy more mementos. can't believe that want me to use preservation wards for a holiday event...
  • Options
    kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    zeusom said:

On;y wish the Illusionist Mask had some really cool unique active use, such as to transform into one of those halloween cronies lurking around PE during this event or something like that.

I agree.

I earned a scarecrow and skeleton companion with my main toon - I'm done with the event now. The artifact is not worth the effort needed - I'd rather focus energies on the 2x RP stuff for my existing artifacts that have usable powers.
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

zeusom said:

I agree.

I earned a scarecrow and skeleton companion with my main toon - I'm done with the event now. The artifact is not worth the effort needed - I'd rather focus energies on the 2x RP stuff for my existing artifacts that have usable powers.
    If you got a scarecrow you should already have enough RP to get it to epic. I agree it's not really worth the effort but if you've already got the scarecrow you've pretty much put in all the effort needed already.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2015

two30 said:

The Lore Daily quest has 5 lores attached to it. When you have all 5 on a character, that character will no longer have the Lore Daily Quest available for them. If you still had Lore Daily Quests this year and participated last year, you missed some of the days. Just like this year on a fresh character, if you don't get each lore quest this time around, you'll need to wait until next year to get your missing lore entries.
  • Options
    obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    Dunno if this was mentioned, but once you get your Mask Artifact to Blue,
    you can just buy the coins needed from the female vendor (second tab).
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • Options
    fdsakhfduewhfiuffdsakhfduewhfiuf Member Posts: 604 Arc User
    Funny thing is that with one of my toons I can trade other stuff for the mask and leira things. The event trader lets me do this in the trade tab.
  • Options
    dufisto said:

it started at 10am pacfic yesterday. not sure how north americans cant log in 1once every 24 hours and get the rewards. i can see eastern europe having that issue perhaps

as for the momentos. you need to complete 3 days worth of dailies to get it blue. at which point you should be able to buy the last few.
    I was completely convinced the event ended today, not Wednesday. My mistake.

Neverwinter Census 2017