What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Do you like the new forum layout?

Comments

• Options
    dufistodufisto Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    zebular said:

Oh yeah, anothe absolutely high-priority change to the forum looks, while the game...

*sigh* Like web designers and community staff members code video games.... yeah, like you'd really want that. The game developers do not work on the forums' technical issues, just like the web and community teams do not code the game.
    hell i bet even a web designer could implement pet costing changes in a few minutes.
    or mount costing changes.
    leaving the "real devs" time to bring the old dungeons back.
  • Options
    snottysnotty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 476 Arc User
    No
    please stop changing the look of the forum >.<

Every time I finally get comfortable and use to the look of the forum it gets changed. I loved the look of the original NWO forum (wish we could go back to that) before PW decided all games should use the bland arc forum, I finally get use to that and then its move to vanilla, I finally get use to that and now its this ugly look.

and yea, I don't know why but I find this new look is hurting my eyes too.
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    new format, well, it okay to me, as long it is still readable, so let get use to it.
  • Options
    by the way, i cant see far right end of these pages, seem it got cut off and too big to resize it.
  • Options
    damn, cant see edit icon, it missing bottom scroll bar if the page are too wide.
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User

armadeonx said:

Also, while we are talking about the forum page design - would it be too much to ask to have a direct "one-click" link from the forum to the corresponding game News page? Currently it takes me half a minute just to navigate and wait for all pages with video to load.

NW Xbox forum => Games => Neverwinter (very slow load) => Xbox News

@randomdigits a workaround is to click FORUMS on the PC tab - then you get the direct link to the xbox sub pages.
    I'm trying to get from Forum to News, not from the Site home page to Forum.

oh sorry, yep that's a 3 click job, you're right :D
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    Yes
    wylonus said:

damn, cant see edit icon, it missing bottom scroll bar if the page are too wide.

Use CTRL+Mouse Wheel or CTRL+Plus/Minus to Zoom in or out. Instead of posting multiple posts stating the same thing, please let us know what device you're using and what browser you're using. A screen shot of what you're seeing may help too. Thanks.
  • Options
    myghost13myghost13 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    nooooooo!!! my eyes!!!
  • Options
    tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User

Rule 1: Do NOT use black background and white text. Its so bad.
    Rule 2. Dont make a big fuss with flash and stuff. Simple and clean is the best way.

Example of a good layout: http://forums.xamarin.com/
    Would be nice with a bit darker background so its not so white.

Please explain your rule 1.

I personally prefers light color on black background. I spend most of my time behind a computer and I hate white background.
  • Options
    wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User

wdj40 said:

Hmmmm everything goes off the screen to the right side on my laptop, there is also no way to actually scroll right to see what is missing lol. After writing something the screen shifts to the left and the left side is cut off... weird :)

This sounds like something that shouldn't be happening. Can you PM me an image of the screen so I can see what's going on?
    I honestly do not know how to take a screen shot ha ha... I`m just trying to figure it out now... Although someone else has commented in this thread that they have the same problem :(
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    Urgh I cannot edit my posts lol... Anyhoo I see people mention Firefox, I do not use that I use Internet Explorer and the right side of the screen is cut of (as per my previuos posts), still trying to figure out how to take a screen shot lol.
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    I also see a number of people mentioning tablets. Both Android and Apple.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    tvcitytvcity Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    well, all i can say is the guy who maintains this forum must be (awfully) creative... :tongue:
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    wdj40 said:

wdj40 said:

Hmmmm everything goes off the screen to the right side on my laptop, there is also no way to actually scroll right to see what is missing lol. After writing something the screen shifts to the left and the left side is cut off... weird :)

This sounds like something that shouldn't be happening. Can you PM me an image of the screen so I can see what's going on?
    I honestly do not know how to take a screen shot ha ha... I`m just trying to figure it out now... Although someone else has commented in this thread that they have the same problem :(
    To clarify: Text window width is 1024 pixels default (I reckon). Text refuses to wrap (as do the frames / boxes / associated buttons) when you resize the window to a lower width.

Also, the editor does funny stuff - right now for me, e.g., it opens in a new window after hitting "Quote" and gives me a two-line editor box-let... :^(

Also, I do NOT get an "Edit" button for my own posts, prohibiting the correction of typoes and changes to what I wrote.

...definitely subpar.
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    ...oh yeah: I'm using Firefox 41.0.2.

No "Edit" button, remember?
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Zeb, i got it, it is my monitor screen size preferences, so i change setting to 1152x864, and now i am able to see full wide page.
    case solved.
    if anyone else still haveing issue, check screen resolution and find your prefer window size setting, good luck to all.
    er, i mean graphic card setting on Screen Resolution.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Next implementation.. it will cost us 1 ad per data byte to post..

YOU HEARD it here first.
  • Options
    zukn75zukn75 Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    @zebular ctrl+ the minus key helped greatly. Thanks. Still think it needs cleansing with fire, but I suppose I'll get used to it.
  • Options
    clonkyo1 said:

Needs more cowbell.

+1 to this. Its the only prescription!!!

@wdj40 . Do you use Firefox "non-script" extension? If so, you need to configure it to allow javascript being executed on this web.
    No I just use basic old Internet Explorer.
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    my only complaint so far is the background should stay in position at all times while scrolling down. right now you just scroll down and it goes away and we get an ugly black background.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    ansuz4221ansuz4221 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 115 Arc User
    No
    Workaround for those who don't want to zoom out to tiny text sizes:

Instead of just clicking on a thread open it in a new tab or window. That way you get rid of the non-scrollable iframe that surrounds the actual forum pages. The used css rules for the content are still meh (like 1200px content width) but at least your browser lets you scroll.
  • Options
    therealairheadtherealairhead Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 79 Arc User
    No
    Who puts a background image on a forum, where text will appear on top of it? ... somebody skipped their UI classes in school maybe?
  • Options
    suxip01111suxip01111 Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    It's definitely an improvement, especially the front page, easier to read and navigation is easier.

Inside a thread itself, this needs some work, a slightly lighter background (dark grey) behind each post would make it much easier to read.

Furthermore:
    - The Class Forums page needs some formatting work (I think you missed a couple of <.br.> somewhere!)
    - Thread titles aren't displaying in the browser anymore, making it difficult to find threads you previously visited from the browser history
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2015
    Yes

It's definitely an improvement, especially the front page, easier to read and navigation is easier.

Inside a thread itself, this needs some work, a slightly lighter background (dark grey) behind each post would make it much easier to read.

Furthermore:
    - The Class Forums page needs some formatting work (I think you missed a couple of <.br.> somewhere!)
    - Thread titles aren't displaying in the browser anymore, making it difficult to find threads you previously visited from the browser history

What browser are you using? I see thread titles in the tabs, taskbar, and top window pane using Chrome, Edge, Firefox, and IE. None of which use any extensions or add-ons. Perhaps it is an extension or addon you're using causing this, or perhaps whatever browser you're using needs updating? I know FF just had an update on the 15th.
  • Options
    suxip01111suxip01111 Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    zebular said:

What browser are you using? I see thread titles in the tabs, taskbar, and top window pane using Chrome, Edge, Firefox, and IE. None of which use any extensions or add-ons. Perhaps it is an extension or addon you're using causing this, or perhaps whatever browser you're using needs updating? I know FF just had an update on the 15th.

Ah, could be one of my addons doesn't like this new board software, only a minor thing anyway, I'll live with it.