test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dungeon Difficulty

Comments

• patsfirepatsfire Member Posts: 833 Arc User
    ESoT really isn't that difficult. I was on my OP and we had a TR, 2 DC's, and a CW. We blazed through multiple times, without the boss glitch. The key is to have a Tank pally and a haste DC. That way the pally can always have the protection bubble active.
  • emmure8004emmure8004 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    wdj40 said:

Finally some people who agree, the difficulty is fine the way it is.

Honestly, I don't agree at all. The difficulty is still too easy and they should definitely remove the possibillity to glitch bosses in Shores of Tuern and especially Cragmire Cripts. It's ridiculous how many people you see running Elven gear who have never completed ANY T2 dungeon except for glitching CC over and over...
    Emmure - lvl 70 Cleric - 3.7k IL
    Bring Me The Horizon - lvl 70 Rogue - 2.5k IL

[The Legendary Outlaws]
    sure you can glitch, but you still have to make it there lol. I have run a couple pugs and we could not get passed the 1st boss in ECC. Even on my TR, it is hard trying to kill everything AND revive everyone that is dying.

Also, they may have fixed the ECC glitch. Last time we tried, the CW and HR tried to agro, but it didn't work. We tried like 8 times. Maybe it was just that night the glitch was fixed. Don't know if that happened to anyone else.
  • raymond00713raymond00713 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    T1s are too difficult? Even after double rp? We ran valindra last night and got the second puppet phase before she could call caskets ONE TIME. She never got a chance to call mobs into the fight because we burned her so fast.

Just because you're level 70 doesn't mean you should automatically be running t1s. You have work to do. Level enchants, level artifacts, get boons. Figure out your class and how you can best support the team, not how you can lead the damage boards.
    ^^^This. I honestly thought that Valindra/Malabog were going to be crazy difficult...but they weren't. I beat both, multiple times, even before Double RP. Granted I was refining as I went, so I already had Epic weapons. Still, it was a lot easier than I thought. Valindra, no one dropped (not even once). Malabog, only the HR and CW dropped, twice each I think.

So those dungeons were easy. The T2's can be difficult if you don't have a good group/setup. Perfect group for any dungeon, imo, would be a Tank OP, Haste DC, a TR, HR, and a Storm CW. And for the 3 man dungeon, Tank OP, Haste DC, and TR.
  • mahburgmahburg Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    null
    Tell me where I can get the anti lag enchantment you must be using lol
    Honestly there was a good bit of lag at the very beginning of MOD 6, but it has subsided drastically. At least in my experience. ESoT use to be the worst one to run for me, BY FAR, but now I don't get any lag.
  • vdeekvvdeekv Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    From what I hear from PC guys, there are still countless bug reports being submitted regarding enemies/attacks completely bypassing player resistances.. There are other forums out there where discussions don't get shut down/removed and you can find a lot of info about the PC players testing and continued certainty that this bug persists.

Unless it somehow fixed itself, I can't see how this bug didn't make it into Xbox Mod6...

Example from personal dungeon experience: As a guild/group we frequently see our pally (very well geared/specced) one shotted whilst standing in the empowered astral shield of our cleric (ludicrously well geared/specced).

Although, since double RP 'toon empowerment', I begin to worry that without this bug, we could too soon be back at mod 5 levels of ease/mundanity in these epic encounters.

We're definitely enjoying the current challenge/difficulty of epics.
    Oh I have had random instances in ECC/Spider where on my OP I have the daily bubble active, and full temp HP. Then something glitches and I get one shotted. Sometimes my soulforge doesn't' even work. So I get ONE one shotted lol
  • mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    What really should be done, is to add some dungeons with an IL requirement of maybe 25-2700, and make them sufficiently difficult (and rewarding).
    That way people can still quickly breeze through a dungeon if they want to (like EPK and so on) and dungeons that are really challenging, and will require a solid group to complete, that shouldn't be very hard to slap together, right?
  • popezen01popezen01 Member Posts: 125 Arc User

Figure out your class and how you can best support the team, not how you can lead the damage boards.

This is exactly what it is right here. I haven't seen a team debuff in months. 99% of players pick personal boons/daily/active powers. Look at the numbers or vorpals versus terror. As a DPS cleric I use Divine Glow to debuff and use actives that heal when I use divinity. But often now I change them to do more damage because to heck with it no one lese cares a hoot about anyone else.

If you actually built your character for team play these dungeons would be MUCH easier. I think that is what the company is going for.
    Tank Op, and Haste Cleric-Essential to easy dungeon runs. Other 3 spots are inter-changeable.
  • cscriv79cscriv79 Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    popezen01 said:

Figure out your class and how you can best support the team, not how you can lead the damage boards.

This is exactly what it is right here. I haven't seen a team debuff in months. 99% of players pick personal boons/daily/active powers. Look at the numbers or vorpals versus terror. As a DPS cleric I use Divine Glow to debuff and use actives that heal when I use divinity. But often now I change them to do more damage because to heck with it no one lese cares a hoot about anyone else.

If you actually built your character for team play these dungeons would be MUCH easier. I think that is what the company is going for.
    I think the main issue here is the transition from the grind to 70 and doing lower dungeons to the epic dungeons and skirmishes is too drastic now.

People forget that group events require coordination/communication, xbox comes with a mic ppl, use it.

I am neither here nor there, for I am NevrCene

NevrCene: TR
    Melisandre: SW
    Brienne: GWF

Guild : Mystic Dawn (GH20)
  • mikeyfliesmikeyflies Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    Did they fix divine glow to actually use weapon enchants? Before the last update divine glow would *never* proc weapon enchants and so was annoying to use for debuffing. I haven't checked since the last update.
  • dreampagehundreampagehun Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    I agree that there should be "moderately difficult" challenges in the game. Right now you either go to extremely easy normal dungeons/skirmishes or impossibly hard ones. Even your item level doesn't seem to mean anything at all. There's too much of a gap now between normal everyday grinding and the really valuable Epic encounters. Which makes it difficult, if not impossible to further develop your character and gear.
    Guardian Fighter | Total Item Level: 2600+
  • ideathlyomenideathlyomen Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Once I found a nice guild(which was today), did few runs in t1 and t2 and the dungeons went a lot more smoothly and was fun once again. All it took was some communication and teamwork, going solo isn't an option anymore.
    GWF - Morthos Lvl 70 (Main)
    OP - Hodor Lvl 70
  • mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    People seem to be overlooking the fact that one of the most important things that made Neverwinter popular, is the fact that most content is fairly easy managable for casual players,playing alone. And that those casual players can still queue for a pug and do a dungeon or two without feeling like HAMSTER.

Difficulty certainly doesn't need to be raised, and risk losing even more of the already dwindling player-base, what's really needed is (additional and hopefully new?) dungeons that are harder.

That way those with complete sets, and R11+ can still get a challenge when they want to, but they need to make sure that rewards for those dungeons still are somewhere in the ballpark of relevant...
  • maggotcakez#4152 maggotcakez Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    The dungeons do not need to be harder. Seriously, it's fight, die and respawn. It's all rinse and repeat, which causes boredom and anger. If a GF is getting one shot with 100k base hit points by a huntsman, then something is definitely wrong with this game. They need to tone down the ads damage because dungeons are near impossible for new players or even casual players. I've been hearing veteran players complain about how difficult this mod is. A lot of them are leaving and it's destroying the game.
    Doing over 3mil to a regular AD is just ridiculous, especially with how hard they hit. This game has become almost completely unplayable, even more so with the ridiculous lag that spikes throughout the dungeons.
    So seriously prove to me that this game isn't broken, I'll be more than happy to listen.
  • destrowoddestrowod Member Posts: 484 Arc User
    The problem is this game didn't understand how difficulty should be done. Diablo did it right, you play the same stuff and game but with different difficulty. More players? The ennemies get stronger, you breeze trough torment 3, get to torment 4 and so on...

Thats how a game like this should be played and the achievements are great overall(minus maybe the 500 bounties wich is tedius a bit)

I don't feel locked out of content like i am on this game...

Maybe its because i am a CONSOL gamer, but honestly i wish i had pay 70$ for this like other games and be done with it, im not gonna pay300-400$ to get decent stuff... not for ONE game...
  • codher0codher0 Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    Do you guys not understand the game? The tank and healer have one power that dramatically reduce the damage the team takes. They have to watch each other so that they can alternate them. The DPS can watch for when neither one of their power is active and THAT is when you are vulnerable and that's when you die.
  • mahburgmahburg Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    null
    Seriously we have a very experienced crew we run with one who has2500 hours in game when you have the capabilities and experience we run with and are still seeing issues then contrary to the fanboys propaganda it's not the player it's the game
  • rockstargfurockstargfu Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    Be smarter than the adds, stuns freezes and tons of CC can keep them as harmul as a target dummy, no to mention the mass dmg boost dif classes can give eachother!

Hang in there peeps
  • majik518majik518 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    So I finally geared up fully, talking epic artifact weapon and off hand, and burning PvP gear with personalized rings, full epic lostmauth set, 4 epic artifacts, 2,600 item score. Entered a T2 for the first time, a level 71 trash mob archer one hits me with an arrow. Clearly, game is working as intended.
  • destrowoddestrowod Member Posts: 484 Arc User
    majik518 said:

So I finally geared up fully, talking epic artifact weapon and off hand, and burning PvP gear with personalized rings, full epic lostmauth set, 4 epic artifacts, 2,600 item score. Entered a T2 for the first time, a level 71 trash mob archer one hits me with an arrow. Clearly, game is working as intended.

Wow... ok.. so i guess my hopes of doing the best this game has to offer one day is going out of the window then.... arg..
  • raymond00713raymond00713 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    May take a bit more effort than walking into a room and getting shot in the face haha
  • drumweezerdrumweezer Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    I'm having similar problems like other members here. I have a 2355 item score GWF. Although I have successfully run CC once and Kessell's several times, I'm struggling to get better gear. I'm in a guild, but many of the players haven't even reached 70 yet. I think most have just given up. I believe there is a total of 5 players in the guild who are at 70, but a couple of them still don't have the right item score to even try CC. Me and another guild member ran with another guild through CC to learn the "tricks." The "tricks" seem like a joke to me. Sure, you win the dungeon but the glitches have to be done just right for them to even work. It takes more time to do the glitches than it would be just to actually fight the boss. It took two hours to get through CC because of these "tricks" that are supposed to make it easier to get through the dungeon. Yeah, right!

Because I can't get the better gear from dungeons at the moment, I'm running black ice gear, which certainly isn't the best gear for a dps GWF . It doesn't help armpen or crit strike at all, but it is better than nothing. On the plus side, the black ice gear has helped in that instead of getting one shotted, a hit only takes half of my life. Therefore, I know I have one extra chance. Because tanks get one shotted a lot in skirms and cc, I have pretty much become a tank even though my build is not meant for that.

As far as healers are concerned, even when a circle is down, I ignore them. In fact, I got through 3/4 of Kessells with only a hunter ranger and a tank, and we were working great until a healer and a rogue came in. Too many times I have fallen because the healing just wasn't enough. Instead, I just hit and run. That seems to be the only way for me to get through Kesssell's. And it works. I think having a healer in a group is great if one can get one, but I haven't seen yet how they are as critical as most suggest.

In the end, all of us are struggling (regardless of class) to get where we need to be. Enchantments are expensive when one includes cost or time. The gear is difficult to get for most of us for whatever reason. And to be frank, most players are not willing to take out the 5 or 10 minutes to show newly recent players how to get through the dungeons, so they don't get a chance to run them or get booted.

Rhetorica-2.7 GWF
    Derrida-2.5 HR
    Guild-TSS
  • zman81420zman81420 Member Posts: 972 Arc User

I think most have just given up. I believe there is a total of 5 players in the guild who are at 70, but a couple of them still don't have the right item score to even try CC. Me and another guild member ran with another guild through CC to learn the "tricks."

Run eLoL for blue Alliance gear for you and your guild. And be leery of running a 5 man guild run with just the lv. 70 people you have available. You need the right composition in dungeon runs to succeed now. Having a GF that marks targets is huge for you and your DPS, don't leave home with out it. You NEED a tank... bottom line no questions about it. If you ever some tips PM me on XBL, be happy to help we have a GWF at 100% crit currently and 68% ARP. Also isn't Lv. 70 Blue gear item level 120 / 125 ? that's what I ran with was all ARP cheap blue gear at end game until I amassed a full alliance set. Also if you have a lv 70 tank in your guild he needs the full greater lathander set.... no question about it, the rebirth full health on soulforge and heals all group for 50% I believe HP is monumental.
    Guardian Fighter: SM Conqueror

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL
    Guild: (X1) The Legendary Outlaws

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
    A Tank is not needed in any dungeon technically. I have beaten every T1 AND every T2 without a Tank. But I can understand how you are trying to make your class useful again lol. The Paladin made the GF obsolete.
  • codher0codher0 Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    I can honestly say that ToS is still easy enough to run with no tank. Very high DPS :)
  • dreampagehundreampagehun Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    Kessel's Retreat is more or less manageable but it's still very hard. We go there, the enemies surround me and the others and we have absolutely no chance of fighting. I get killed in an instant. It makes me look like a total loser to be honest. Isn't it the tank who should absorb the most damage? Well I can't because I get killed with one hit. This is ridiculous.

I've tried Malabog's Castle but it turned out to be impossible. It doesn't help that many people are impatient and leave the group after one or two tries.

The problem with the difficulty is that the game doesn't let players actually play. If you need certain powers to survive at all then it's not a well designed difficulty curve. Any team with any abilities should be able to complete these challenges, but with so ridiculously overpowered enemies it's simply impossible. There's not much room for teamwork when the adds usually run much faster than us and they just basically run there and kill the players. Even if an encounter is won I don't feel like I've done anything better than before. Neither do any of us.

Also, difficulty levels should have been designed with public groups in mind. You simply have to accept that most people are playing solo, finding strangers online and there's not much communication, let alone teamwork between them. If you apply public matchmaking then you should design the challenges with that in mind. Neverwinter was clearly not designed like this.

I think an ITL 1600 dungeon should be perfectly manageable with 2000+ characters. Either raise the minimum demand for TIL or nerf the enemies to a reasonable level, and introduce new dungeons with 2500-3000 TIL with even more difficulty. But the formula right now is not good.
    Guardian Fighter | Total Item Level: 2600+