test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dungeon Difficulty

Comments

• fullmetalwitchfullmetalwitch Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    > @codher0 said:
    > I want to make this short and sweat. The Healer and Tank play the part in keeping the DPS alive. I have flown through all of the epic dungeons with no problems because I (the healer) was constantly keeping my eye on the tank who was taking all the damage from the DPS who were getting hit. The tank was ABLE to take those hits because i constantly had a fully empowered astral shield under him while I was healing him. These dungeons are indeed hard but not as hard when you have a tank and healer watching each others backs. You do need to understand that you will get one shot and die often. But if you did not what would be the fun in that? Being in a group that works together is Beautiful and soooo much fun! I am so tired of listening to people complain about the difficulty. It is perfectly fine and please do not change it cryptic.

I Love the new challenge as a GF, bring on the baddies. Meat Shield buff bot DELUXE! I couldn't agree more with you. If groups are failing, mirrors run under $10.00 at your local target! Cheers and Fight on!
  • ancojoancojo Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    After being what I thought was a good player (I used to be) I have now turned into cannon fodder! I used to finish top in dungeons but now I don't get a chance to see were I finish as I either get sick of the group failing on the bosses and agree to leave to allow a DPS or the group gets so lagged we all quit!

I've done Esot - no successes, Malabog! Yeah right - no successes, Valindra - lets not go there! Elol (Whats supposed to be the easiest) Many times but only 1 single success! So having a hard time is an understatement! Oh and not to brag but I know I'm quite a good player with my HR but trying to get any sort of success to gear up is really starting to grate on me now!

The game used to be a fun pick up and play game but now its frustrating and a necessity to get a good group or your screwed which leaves those that aren't that good struggling to get their new gear to help them through T1's never mind T2's!

So maybe I'm not as good as I assumed but I know I used to be but sadly seems I am not now :(

Oh and for all the times trying and earning seals I have only ever had 3 drops, 2 necklaces of no use other than salvage and some Alliance bracers! The other item from the one success on Elol was another stupid necklace!

• codher0codher0 Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    Let me give the solo quers some advice... Go to the enclave and set one of your chat channels to looking for group ONLY. If you don't see people trying to group up then form your own group through the chat. Then invite them all to the party. This is how I do it and I explain the strategy to every group I'm in. It works out for the most part. Just don't get upset. That's what ruins the game.
  • wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    Finally some people who agree, the difficulty is fine the way it is.
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • mrwilsonvamrwilsonva Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    I think they also look at the "Small Victories". You may not finish the Dungeon, but you will still get seals along the way. If you have a group, you can just farm the first "mini" boss until you have enough seals to gear up. It may not be quick, but can be a better use of your time.
    vr7gyg.jpg
    Larua TR | Thomas GWF | Lizard Wizard CW
  • lubyen15lubyen15 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    The way mmos are supposed to be played is doing easier dungeons and earning better gear by drops or loot. Once you have done difficulty dungeon/quest 1 enough times you can move on to difficulty 2. There is no way this is possible anymore. The gear you need to beat the easiest dungeon, is higher level than the dungeon itself. There is no longer a beginner dungeon or first step. People are stuck with 1600 gt and nowhere to go. People talking about 60% armor pen have either bought rank 10s with $$$ or are crazy hardcore gamers. I have 2200 gt. i have 39.5% Armp. I have rank 8s armp in every offense slot. I have 4 artifacts. I barely touch enemies in any 1600 dung. Buying rank 9s is so expensive and not realistic. Trying to get artifacts to legendary is a joke as well. Basically Neverwinter has ruined the game for casual players. I do all Shar and Dread dailies plus rhix and i dont see how i can ever increase gear besides saving ADs and buying it. Where are the stepping stones? The exp zones should of geared you for a first level dungeon. They dont exist.

Now comes the You suck nub blah blah. I have been top in pvp since day 1. Only people who can beat me have gear i cant penetrate. I dont die in dungeons. But if i cant hurt anything whats the point? They need to make the game more step stone. Casual players will stop playing because they cant do anything at 70
  • ideathlyomenideathlyomen Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    lubyen15 said:

The way mmos are supposed to be played is doing easier dungeons and earning better gear by drops or loot. Once you have done difficulty dungeon/quest 1 enough times you can move on to difficulty 2. There is no way this is possible anymore. The gear you need to beat the easiest dungeon, is higher level than the dungeon itself. There is no longer a beginner dungeon or first step. People are stuck with 1600 gt and nowhere to go. People talking about 60% armor pen have either bought rank 10s with $$$ or are crazy hardcore gamers. I have 2200 gt. i have 39.5% Armp. I have rank 8s armp in every offense slot. I have 4 artifacts. I barely touch enemies in any 1600 dung. Buying rank 9s is so expensive and not realistic. Trying to get artifacts to legendary is a joke as well. Basically Neverwinter has ruined the game for casual players. I do all Shar and Dread dailies plus rhix and i dont see how i can ever increase gear besides saving ADs and buying it. Where are the stepping stones? The exp zones should of geared you for a first level dungeon. They dont exist.

Now comes the You suck nub blah blah. I have been top in pvp since day 1. Only people who can beat me have gear i cant penetrate. I dont die in dungeons. But if i cant hurt anything whats the point? They need to make the game more step stone. Casual players will stop playing because they cant do anything at 70

I have 57% ArP and am only an 2.1k iLvl GWF that hasn't spent but 30 dollars on the game for a epic mount, its not hard to get. My enchantments are only rank 7 and I have 4 artifacts which only one is purple, My gear I have not even touched yet basically from leveling also.

I do agree with this statement though "The gear you need to beat the easiest dungeon, is higher level than the dungeon itself."
    GWF - Morthos Lvl 70 (Main)
    OP - Hodor Lvl 70
    Stepping stones? The whole game is a "stepping stone" !!!
  • apathy408apathy408 Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Lostmauth critically hit my tank for 700k with his lasers thru my shield. In the log it looked like 757567 (300580). I wasn't debuffed so did the damage resistance bug get through to Xbox? Seems all the tanks and Paladins I know believe something fishy is up because the same hit you manage to survive 4/5 times out of nowhere will one shot you through your shield the 5th time. From my understanding it occurs because of the armor pen of the ads multiplying with th damage when they deal a critical hit resulting in an armor penetration value over 100%. So basically it's not just like having no armor.... It's like having no armor and being debuffed. Other than that difficulty of dungeons seems manageable. Just the weird one shots out of nowhere that seem aggravating.
  • pbrand45pbrand45 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    null

The stepping stones are suppose to be everything before elemental evil mod. So that would be all the boons from shan, dr, iwd, tod. If you need gear between eternal and alliance, that would be black ice or pvp. We got everything out of order and cramed at once, but that doesn't mean it's too hard because your midway through the game and want to skip to end game content.
  • lubyen15lubyen15 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I dont want it to be easy, or skip to endgame. I would like for them to have dungeons or skirmishes that are beatable with gear that helps you move forward. I used to run skirm and dungeons a lot for fun. Having to do the spider dungeons in 10 minutes just to clear daily is dumb. Now there are NO dungeons and NO skirms that give any sort of rewards that can be done from a pug. They need new dungeons and skirmishes that are easier but not god mode
  • sharpassassin1sharpassassin1 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    pbrand45 said:

null

The stepping stones are suppose to be everything before elemental evil mod. So that would be all the boons from shan, dr, iwd, tod. If you need gear between eternal and alliance, that would be black ice or pvp. We got everything out of order and cramed at once, but that doesn't mean it's too hard because your midway through the game and want to skip to end game content.

The problem isn't people wanting to do end game content while only being midway through the game....the problem is that there needs to be a more gradual rise in the difficulty of the dungeons. The dungeons I can run are so easy I could solo them without issue (but the gear I receive wont do anything to improve my stats nor be saleable for AD's), while the dungeons I need to be running are so difficult it's virtually impossible to find a competent group capable of defeating the final boss (which will get me the gear I need). I realize much of that will change once double refinement hits as it seems as though a large portion of the player base is hoarding their refinement stones (including myself), however I can't see how casual players could ever progress in this game with the grind it takes to even reach mid level content.
  • randomdigits#2166 randomdigits Member Posts: 700 Arc User
    I'm in the same boat generally, but here is my advice - get better companions (archons are very cheap now, good for their active damage bonuses, Acolyte of Kelemvor as summoned is good for Defense and Life Steal buffs), give summoned companion def eldritch runestones to get stats from their gear. Get blue (trash) gear from leveling dungeons or AH paying attention to the stats - e.g. I'm still using restoring boots of piercing as they give me + 560 ArPen and Life Steal - better than any other campaign gear. Run Shores of Tuern skirmish to get you 50 elemental seals per run. When team knows what they are doing even low-geared one can do it in 20-25 minutes.
    Ana Taletreader (CW) / Friend of Casual Gamers
    If you quit the game then good for you. You can not complain about this game. Why? Because it is free! Those people who are leaving the game because of the difficulty are not true fans of the game.
  • raymond00713raymond00713 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    ArPen doesnt need to be slotted, at least not for the rogue i have with a couple boons. I was running kessels and valindra with the eternal gear. Be patient and learn to not die. The fight may be longer than you expect. Learn your class and play your role in this mmorpg
  • nem3slsnem3sls Member Posts: 332 Arc User
    the games difficulty is fine the way it is, I mean we had it way to easy before, the recent changes pushed some players in cold water for sure, I was constantly grinding out Tuern, buying my blue gear, now we are grinding out ToS and eCC for purple gear(complete) and seals for the elven gear.

I dont see the point why so many people are whining about this and that. Just get into it and grind your gear, upgrade those enchantments, get your boons, do your dailies(should be all day longs bc this is in fact close to how long it takes to complete all 3 zones but yeah) and you´re good to go in no time.

Get a nice group of friends to do T2s with, run PUGs if you´re comfy with it.

Most important enjoy the game.
    The Legendary Outlaws

maintaining HR, DC, GWF, TR, SW, CW, OP, 4 Kids and 1 wife :p Dungeon runs anyone?

Tweet me @ nem3sis_AUT
    Streaming NWXbox daily @ 7PM CEST My Twitch
    When is this for you? Worldtime Buddy

I miss you Boo :(
  • destrowoddestrowod Member Posts: 484 Arc User
    Personally im struggling where i am right now and im lev 64 and not even done with Tyranny of Dragon... you guys do not give me much hopes...
  • zman81420zman81420 Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    > @codher0 said:
    > I want to make this short and sweat. The Healer and Tank play the part in keeping the DPS alive. I have flown through all of the epic dungeons with no problems because I (the healer) was constantly keeping my eye on the tank who was taking all the damage from the DPS who were getting hit. The tank was ABLE to take those hits because i constantly had a fully empowered astral shield under him while I was healing him. These dungeons are indeed hard but not as hard when you have a tank and healer watching each others backs. You do need to understand that you will get one shot and die often. But if you did not what would be the fun in that? Being in a group that works together is Beautiful and soooo much fun! I am so tired of listening to people complain about the difficulty. It is perfectly fine and please do not change it cryptic.

YES, I could not agree more. I tank for my Guild as a GF and If I perish there is a good chance they do as well. The DC and GF are huge together I agree but adding in a CW to slow mobs is also huge keeping me from getting entirely surrounded. After those three we alternate either 2 SW, GWF TR, HR SW. Luckily with ITF of I can free roam shield slam ,stab and kite a pretty little picnic for my DPS to smash and the DC can focus on my entire team instead of just me. I honestly have the easiest job in this game. Been through about 15 eCC runs and about the same for eToS , I love the challenge these new dungeons bring. I only wish we had more of them to conquer.
    Guardian Fighter: SM Conqueror

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL
    Guild: (X1) The Legendary Outlaws

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • dreampagehundreampagehun Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    Well, I am a tank with a total item level of 2000+ at the moment, but I find the epic dungeons extremely hard. I can't complete them, therefore I can't obtain better gear, therefore I remain at this level and I'm constantly kicked out from the group. At one time I even heard the others talk about "look at this tank, he's getting one-shot killed". Yes I am, because my gear is still mostly rare and not epic. I try to play for better gear and I do my job as well as I can, but I can do almost no damage to the enemies and I get killed way too easily. I don't want to push the responsibility to healers or other team members. I wish I could complete just one of these. But it seems to be hopeless at the moment to be honest.
    Guardian Fighter | Total Item Level: 2600+
  • destrowoddestrowod Member Posts: 484 Arc User
    This depress me so much.... arg
  • nightranger7477nightranger7477 Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    The key to success is proper personnel and a competent guild, Tank and DC are a must, strategy is important as well, I run an OP and our guild runs 3-4 eCC or eToS a day, 70-80 protector seals a day, the dungeons are the way they should have always been, challenging and testing! The change in difficulty is a welcome breath of fresh air, ppl should not be able to use their credit card to gear up and cryptic has made it so. At least as far as Epic Armor goes, Artifacts are another matter! Just wish they would have included more dungeons this mod. Please don't give into to the whiners Cryptic!
  • nem3slsnem3sls Member Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited October 2015

Please don't give into to the whiners Cryptic!

+1

Edit: I have a group I run dungeons on a regular base and we´re breezing through eCC, eToS, eLoL. Only problematic dungeon is Grey Wolf Den we cannot get the final boss down. No chance.
    Post edited by nem3sls on
    The Legendary Outlaws

maintaining HR, DC, GWF, TR, SW, CW, OP, 4 Kids and 1 wife :p Dungeon runs anyone?

Tweet me @ nem3sis_AUT
    Streaming NWXbox daily @ 7PM CEST My Twitch
    When is this for you? Worldtime Buddy

I miss you Boo :(
  • boom782boom782 Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    nem3sls said:

+1

Edit: I have a group I run dungeons on a regular base and we´re breezing through eCC, eToS, eLoL. Only problematic dungeon is Grey Wolf Den we cannot get the final boss down. No chance.
    Another +1.

If this game is made any easier I probably wouldn't play. Find a competent group, learn to play your class, grind a little, and T2's are not that difficult. You can always improve your character by upgrading enchants, artifact gear, and companions and none of that requires beating T1 or T2 dungeons. So for those saying it is impossible to progress without getting T1/2 gear, that is just not true.
  • zman81420zman81420 Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    nem3sls said:

+1

The Key to Wolf is NOT to burn the boss down too quickly. In doing so will spawn an ungodly amount of Adds and your in trouble. Its a long boss fight that should been see in 3-4 phases. I kite the boss while adds are burnt up. Keeping the red wolf alive until the adds are dead is key to get the longest amount of time to burn his HP down. Pull boss and red wolf together when the adds are done, kill red wolf and the smash boss when shields down. Took us a few wipes but we learnt the fight on Saturday and found the dungeon quick and fun to learn a new strategy.
    Guardian Fighter: SM Conqueror

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL
    Guild: (X1) The Legendary Outlaws

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • popezen01popezen01 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    I think the most frustrating thing is that my il is 2700 so I feel I can run T2 pretty well. Problem is the PG queue is full of 1900 il scores that cannot run them. I wish the minimum was raised.
  • rockstargfurockstargfu Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    @apathy408

Definitely like you described, i attempt to tank through well by stacking hp, and deflect, steafy shield, buffing my teamates heavily. Shorter fight, less chance of happening
  • apathy408apathy408 Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    @rockstargfu I get through it by telling myself it gets fixed in 2 more months...... Just 2 more months till my shield works again :/
    There are plenty of ways to increase your stat pts without better armor pieces. In fact the difference between alliace to elemental alliance is laughable. When i realised this i knew stradegy plays well more into completing runs than gear does.

Build
    Enchants
    Artifacts
    Look at stats, iignore item level at all cost

Been tanking T2s since 2100. Ignore GS
    @apathy408

I think it happens from charged attacks. Few example

ECC Enforcer shield slam
    ELOL his lazers (Immolate foe)
    Elite Golems Slash attack

When possible i shield up and side step dodge these (lasers i just pray lol)

And 40% deflect rocks, see 100k+ deflects. Its like yeeep second chance

Seen 2 70k deflects in a row and such too, its very pleasing
  • dreampagehundreampagehun Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    Today I managed to complete Epic Shores of Tuern. Took almost an hour. Had to use a "boss glitch". At the ambush I got one-hit killed because all of the enemies surrounded me and hit me. This is ridiculous. We barely made it and not even how it's supposed to be. This level of difficulty is simply not enjoyable at all. Needless to say, I didn't get anything useful at all. A blue ring, that's all. Annoying.
    Guardian Fighter | Total Item Level: 2600+