test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Coalescent Wards

jcharais01jcharais01 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
How often should you get a Coalescent Ward from invoking? I have been playing for 6 months, I got my first coalescent ward on my second try so approximately 2 weeks in the game. I now have 11 characters, I invoke every day and I am approximately 0 for 150.

Comments

• darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    The drop rate had been established to be ~3% chance -- at least before Mod 6 and the new coffers. I think the chance is about the same, from my personal results.

Some people just seem to be luckier than others. I've never had to buy a coal ward for any of my alts from the AH, getting enough from invoking for my needs (8 in the bank right now), but I'm sure someone will chime in and say they've invoked on 100 characters for 3 years and never gotten a single coal ward. :p
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User

The drop rate had been established to be ~3% chance -- at least before Mod 6 and the new coffers. I think the chance is about the same, from my personal results.

Some people just seem to be luckier than others. I've never had to buy a coal ward for any of my alts from the AH, getting enough from invoking for my needs (8 in the bank right now), but I'm sure someone will chime in and say they've invoked on 100 characters for 3 years and never gotten a single coal ward. :p

I'm at 1 yr.
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    I stopped going for wards from invoking a long time ago.
  • blureelblureel Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    I've been lucky in getting a number of coalescent wards from invoking. I've been averaging 1 to 2 per month across 8 chars invoking everyday. Some months are drier than others.

It appears to me that to get any kind of benefit from "lottery" type of drops (especially Cryptic's), you need to increase your odds by increasing your chances. So in this case, I created more chars just to invoke.
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    I'll go for awhile and get none. Then I'll get 2 or 3 in a week.. then back to none.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • ibarenasibarenas Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    never got one in several months of playing :(
  • torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    save up 30 boxes and then try
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    i got 4 coalescents in 2 years with 9 toons which pretty much is 3%
  • deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    I've gotten 3 ever from main + 6 alts in about 1.5 years.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    17 characters total - over the last 2 1/2 years of play, I've easily gotten 30 or more from the invoking coffers. Sometimes I've gotten 2 on the same day. Sometimes I go a week without getting any.

I have gotten 2 since they changed in the invoking.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • killergilnyc1killergilnyc1 Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    never even knew you can get a coal ward from those. so that tells you how many I have gotten. And I have been playing on an off since the game was released on 2 main chars and 1 alt. Go figure.
  • canmanncanmann Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    The folks not seeing any drop, what box are you opening up?
  • vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    I have been playing since beta and never owned a coalescent ward. When I play (I did take an 8 month break), I religiously obtain the coffers, never less than the maximum celestial coins. Right now, I'm opening coffer of celestial artifact equipment. I believe I've received preservation ward once from this coffer but never a coalescent ward.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,383 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    I got one c-ward from celestial artifact equipment in the last 2xRP.
    I got more before.
    I believe I got about 10 c-ward through celestial coins since mod 3. I have 8 characters.
    I only got 2 since mod 6.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    I usually get Celestial Artifact Equipment.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    I have been opening only the Artifact Equipment boxes on my characters, since they changed it all. I've gotten 2 from them.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • flambridgeflambridge Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 191 Arc User
    I got 1~2 per month, but it isn't every month.
    Open at 14~15.
  • extchickenmanextchickenman Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    I've never gotten one on any of characters -sniffle-
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    I usually get 1-2 per month on my 16 characters, again from the celestial equipment boxes.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,047 Arc User
    Haven't seen any Coalescent Ward from 10-11 coffers per week for a long time now...
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    I have been playing for just under a year and have so far only pulled one C Ward from a Celestial Coffer and that was courtesy of my 'lucky' CW alt. It was only the second or third invoking coffer he had opened. My poor HR main still hasn't seen one. My CW has had lots of RNG luck. In addition to the C Ward, he got a Lightfoot Thief from only his second or third SCA Epic Dungeon and yesterday pulled Lathander's Eye from the floating chest in the Phantasmal Fortress at only his second attempt with an adamantine gaunlet in a DR lair. I'm trying to work out a way to get him to pick some lottery tickets for me next time there's a big rollover >:)

It is pure RNgesus. I get lots of wards, yet not one single Tiamat Orb since Mod 5.lol

Tiamat orb? Huh??
  • mjonismjonis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 146 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

17 characters total - over the last 2 1/2 years of play, I've easily gotten 30 or more from the invoking coffers. Sometimes I've gotten 2 on the same day. Sometimes I go a week without getting any.

I have gotten 2 since they changed in the invoking.

And most of that is probably skewed by the higher drop rates in the first year or so until they made coal wards BOP. Then the drop rate went down quite dramatically.

Since mod 6, on 8 characters, invoking every day (except for 1 week I was out), I have gotten 2 coal wards, and 5 pres wards.

But it is what it is. The drop rates have been confirmed numerous times to be around 1-3%, but the RNG method that Cryptic uses is highly variable. Just like you can open a bunch of profession nodes in a row without any failures and then get 10 in a row.
  • myles08807myles08807 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 409 Arc User
    Been invoking on a number of characters multiple times per day since I started in June of '13. It was a year or more before I saw my first coalescent ward therefrom. I've probably collected no more than half a dozen from that source.
  • sigillmacfinnsigillmacfinn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 111 Arc User
    So I read this topic & thought - hmmm- can't remember if I've ever had a Coalescent ward from those boxes before - so as suggested by Kreatyve I opted for the Artifact Eqpt 1 & Bingo! got a Coal ward straightaway.

I'll be choosing those boxes in future :)
    ..... rolling 1's for over 25 years .....

The Harbingers' Forums - What Class Are You - Search The Neverwinter Wiki

So I read this topic & thought - hmmm- can't remember if I've ever had a Coalescent ward from those boxes before - so as suggested by Kreatyve I opted for the Artifact Eqpt 1 & Bingo! got a Coal ward straightaway.

I'll be choosing those boxes in future :)

Congrats! :D
    kuI2v8l.png
  • extchickenmanextchickenman Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    null
    I don't know you....but I hate you
  • goldmoon#5670 goldmoon Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    70 coffers -> 0 cw
  • walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    I have 4 alts that pray every day
    since the nerf, which was what 1.5 yrs ago? I have gotten exactly 1 coal ward.
    it's BS
  • katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    I have never gotten one from invoking, been playing for over two years now on multiple characters.​​
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
This discussion has been closed.