test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Trade Bars...save or use before the "rework"?

kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
EDIT: I MEANT to post this in PC - but accidentally posted under Xbox.

From the latest blog post: "a massive rework of the Tarmalune Tradebar Store" in the Underdark mod is coming.

They are finally getting around to the fat guy with the beard over in the corner of the marketplace in Protector's Enclave.

I have a fair amount of the TBs saved up with my main toon. Any advice / opinions on whether to use them or save them, prior to this latest update?

Comments

• regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,047 Arc User
    No idea what anyone else is going to do, but i'm going to exchange as many TB as i can for Coalescent Wards...
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • azurerogue1824azurerogue1824 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    I know this flies in the face of how these recent changes have gone, but it would be nice if they'd give us a heads up if they're about to seriously change the cost of Coal Wards (in either direction) so that we could make informed decisions about this. It seems odd that any genuine attempt to balance costs for the future should require them to conceal the intended changes.

If there's no word about what the changes will be as they get closer I'm likely going to spend most of my trade bars in fear that the reason for the silence is an incoming nerf. If communication is more open, I'll obviously base my decision on that information.
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Well, I still have 10+ months of VIP, and as thus will get many a tradebar, far outstripping my current stash, so whatever I do with my current bars is rather irrelevant in the long run.

But, just food for thought:

Do you think they'd choose to explicitly advertise the tradebar changes as a major feature of Underdark if they expected us to hate them?
  • cloudius1978cloudius1978 Member Posts: 292 Arc User

But, just food for thought:

Do you think they'd choose to explicitly advertise the tradebar changes as a major feature of Underdark if they expected us to hate them?

Under normal circumstances, the answer would be "No" but well, it is cryptic we are dealing with here... So excepted the unexpected :D
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    In that case, always keep a close eye on the preview server.
  • cloudius1978cloudius1978 Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited September 2015

In that case, always keep a close eye on the preview server.

Good tip. That'll give you a few days to react before the changes hit live.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited September 2015
    I'll still be spending mine the same as before: When I have 200+ and if I need coalescent ward, I buy a coalescent ward. Right now, I have a few wards banked, so I am sitting on almost 600 T-bars. Will keep accumulating them until either I need a ward or I see details that makes me want to spend them on whatever.
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    I plan to save them while watching for the change on preview, unless I need them first. For all we know, the price could come down.
  • mattsacremattsacre Member Posts: 330 Arc User
    Given how they have "fixed" other stuff so far....I'd cash them as fast as I could. May be pessimistic sounding, but history is history, Cryptic's past don't show them so "trust-able" and their word has been pisspoor at best...nope I'd get rid of them....but that's me.
  • inyawayupdeepinyawayupdeep Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 206 Arc User
    I'm not going to panic yet. I think the wards should be removed from the game entirely now that AD is slow to aquire and refine, but seeing that a huge percentage of VIP participation is linked to the trading of bars for coalescent wards I don't think that will happen. If Scott was sincere when he said that he thought free to play people should be able to enjoy the game at the same level as the people who pay to progress by only putting in time then the wards will have to drop in price and for that to happen there will have to more of them, I think the chances that hoarded wards losing value is probably greater than wards being harder to get, but that's just my opinion. Also the game earns more revenue if players have more alts that need to be geared up and right now it's too costly to have many alts other than to farm with, they would be much farther ahead if they doubled or tripped the rate at which bars drop.
  • oliboypholiboyph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 627 Arc User
    I haven't been around forums for a bit, can someone please point me to the possible rework for trade bars? thanks.
    "As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann[/quote]
  • davejustdavedavejustdave Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    History shows that whatever they do it will not be entirely for the benefit of the players. It will mostly be for the benefits of the balance sheet. I'll probably hedge my bets by converting half into Coal Wards and keeping half in reserve. Maybe they'll just expand the TTB store to include a much wider range of stuff. Or maybe they'll revalue/devalue the stuff that is already in there which is bound to lead to some QQing on the forums from folks who stocked up on one thing or another.

I have to say that at present there is nothing worth buying in that store apart from the wards. I also have to say that it is something that should be very low on the list of dev priorities. It's a bit like deciding to upgrade the radio in a car that is missing a wheel.

Oli, the rework is mentioned in this dev blog. Not further details yet:
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9572853-developer-blog:-underdark-features
  • tomiotartomiotar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 227 Arc User
    Each time the devs say "rework" it means that its going against players and considering that now everyone use the TB for getting wards and the devs want people pay extra money for them (they will not care that in order to get TB you actually need a ZEN purchase) there is like a 99,9999999999% of chance that they will removed or at least triple the cost. They will most probably add some new useless items like transmutes so people that has already everything maxed can play a bit with them and the people that is trying to progress will get forced to buy the ZEN wards. Basically, they will probably add several new things to the store, but there is no chance you will get any profit from them.
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    I would hoard your bars, even including buying wards unless you really need one, until you see what the rework is on Preview. Then , once you have all the necessary info you can make a call on what you'll do with them. Until then, save them up.
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    There is simply not enough information to say either way. In the meanwhile, as soon as I hit 200 T-bars, I buy a Coalescent Ward. Because I need them now...

But it does look like some of the posters here forgot to wear their tinfoil hats..
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    well all now how this is going to end, im happy i didnt buy 12 months directly...i knew it
  • deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User

History shows that whatever they do it will not be entirely for the benefit of the players.

I was thinking the same thing.
  • oliboypholiboyph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 627 Arc User

Oli, the rework is mentioned in this dev blog. Not further details yet:
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9572853-developer-blog:-underdark-features

That "Massive Rework" part really scares me.
    "As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann[/quote]
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    Massively premature speculation. Unless they really want players to hate them, they won't change this without it hitting preview. There has also been a couple mods and the CM that have stated they will have more details before launch.

I would sit tight till it hits preview. I have 2700+ tradebars (cause I don't need anything ont eh vendor) so I'm looking forward to this.
  • sm0ld3rsm0ld3r Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    They simply don't care about keeping the game playable or making decisions that make sense. Once they essentially put everyone on welfare, they should have eliminated ALL AD sinks. Yes there are still some folks with leftover AD, but from the perspective of new and newer players, these AD sinks have no place at all in the game.

As such, Wards and MOPs of any kind should have been removed completely.

Considering they haven't removed them, my guess is they plan to shake down the player base some more. Watch for wards to be removed from the TB vendor and made BoP from the Zen merchant.
  • karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    The only thing i will do if i hear that the tradebar merchant will be "reworked" is spending all of my tradebars as soon as possible because a lot of reworks in this game makes it only worse than before.
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • davejustdavedavejustdave Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    I assume that they have decided a rework is necessary because there are suddenly loads more trade bars in circulation, because anyone with VIP is gaining a few bars every day via the daily lockbox key.

You'd hope that the thinking would be "Hey, we need to give these people some new stuff to buy with all those bars" but the fear is that the thinking will actually be "Hey, we need to change those prices so people can't buy as much stuff with all those bars".

It hadn't occurred to me that they might go as far as removing wards completely from the vendor... gulp.....

• zukn75zukn75 Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Dungeons : undergoing a rework,(not finished)
    leadership : undergoing a rework,(not finished)
    next TTB.
    Can you please convince the management to allow you to FINISH A REWORK BEFORE STARTING THE NEXT FREAKIN' ONE. Since rework seems to mean remove until further notice. Sorry about that, it's rather annoyed me.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,047 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    You can add the SW rework to that list too.
    But i'm not sure, where they will take the time from, to manage all the rework before Underdark...
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    You can't really go wrong with trading bars for Coalescent Wards for the time being.
    With a few feytouched/vorpal/negation/soulforged shards you can make over 200k AD for each.
  • canmanncanmann Member Posts: 203 Arc User

You can't really go wrong with trading bars for Coalescent Wards for the time being.
    With a few feytouched/vorpal/negation/soulforged shards you can make over 200k AD for each.

Hence the reason for the rework.... can't have the players making AD now can you!
  • karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    i only wait for the rework of enchantments so that they will be also bound to character.
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Ok, so Alex posted in another thread that Coal Wards will still be in the Tradebar Store and prices on them will not go up. So you can all rest easy about this. :D
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User

You'd hope that the thinking would be "Hey, we need to give these people some new stuff to buy with all those bars" but the fear is that the thinking will actually be "Hey, we need to change those prices so people can't buy as much stuff with all those bars".

I hate to say it, but they do seem to think that way. As if they were hoarding pixels for their digital goods. Once an item has paid for the artist and programmer, it is essentially pure profit.

However, I would hope that Scott wasn't going to backtrack on culling *some* of the AD sinks. I have a hard time imagining they are going to do something malicious with the coal wards. To raise the price/remove access in a depression would be pretty nasty.
  • nimandiirnimandiir Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 90 Arc User
    It isn't a coincidence that Trade Bars are being reworked now that a lot of people are getting more of them from Elite Status, so what do you think O.P? They are going to make it better? Or remove things like Coalescent Wards and add things like fluff?