test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Lack of Epic Content - More Than Meets the Eye

Comments

• Options
    aimeesellersaimeesellers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 342 Arc User

Level a new character, look how it still gives you quests for missing dungeons. Explain that one.

Yup... we get this question from new players joining our guild all the time... and it is up to US to tell them the dungeon isnt there... and they should just ditch the quest.

A'Mie Stormshield (GF) / A'Mie Stormshard (CW)
    Play Legit or Quit
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • Options
    dufistodufisto Member Posts: 537 Arc User

Level a new character, look how it still gives you quests for missing dungeons. Explain that one.

Yup... we get this question from new players joining our guild all the time... and it is up to US to tell them the dungeon isnt there... and they should just ditch the quest.

yup. conversation normally goes something like this.

new player: why cant i go to idris:
    us: because they are reworking the dungeons
    new player: how long has it been down:
    us: since april
    new player: why is it taking so long
    us .........
  • Options
    deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    They wouldn't be old dungeons to players that just started playing.
    Some of those dungeons were awesome, better then anything I've seen come out of this game since IWD.
    What's really crazy is that those dungeons were part of the story line. So basically new players never really get the closure or satisfaction of finishing up the board[s] they were on.

I really don't care if they come back or not. I don't think they will anyways. But I think ripping them out of the game left a gaping void in the story for new players.

• Options
    cambo1682cambo1682 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 164 Arc User

Well CN was made by folks who knew how to make 'em. Nothing the newer teams have created has even come close. Unfortunately I don't think any of the old team is still around anymore so I don't think we are going to get dungeons in the style of the original game again. Dungeons like Frozen Heart, Karrundax and CN were just fun to run, with interesting mechanics (even if some ran into the realm of cheese) and challenging boss encounters. They also had real reasons to run them with actual loot that you could sell. It's a shame that Cryptic never put 2 and 2 together and realized that the LS armies sprouted up when they took away our main method of making in game currency. Perhaps a new way will be given to the players but I have serious doubts the devs even understand what made the old ways good and the new ways bad.

This exactly. MD, Idris, CN, those are what I think of as real dungeons. The attention to detail, even the music in them were exceptional. Newest dungeon is eLoL, I'm sorry but that does not inspire my imagination when I think of DnD.
  • Options
    skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User

Why? Granted Castle Never was one of the coolest "feeling" dungeons in the game, but would it really be that fun and exciting to run a 2.5 year old dungeon over and over again, albeit harder?

Removing the dungeons sucked...but revamping CN would just be a huge step backward...

Backward? Any addition to what we have today is a step forward. Plenty of people have never seen those old dungeons, and plenty more never beat them when they were challenging. I loved cn , everyone i know did, and what about the lore? what happened to it. have we just given up trying to clear the most important symbol of Neverwinters power?

I understand you have to tow the dev line, but saying bringing back the old dungeons would be a step backward, is just blantant as heck pandering to them.

• Options
    sserpentynesserpentyne Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Originally played the game pre mod 1(quit due to real life commitments about a week before mod 1 hit). Friends and I moved on or forgot about the game (albeit we all didn't know why, we all enjoyed our experience playing). Came back about a week ago to find out how so much content has been removed has made me very sad and disappointed. While I'm sure the campaigns at 70 will keep my returning friends and I entertained, it really confuses me as to why they've gone so long without restoring the old dungeons. Some of my fondest memories of this game were the constant near-finishes at epic LMD and Dread Vaults. I just want to relive those memories again :(
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    They probably lost the files...how much difficult can be putting monsters to lv 70+ and leave everything else the same? Cant be too much
  • Options
    kahfakahfa Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    I want a new dungeon too, just as long and with different maps like CN, with end boss as hard as eDV, and paths like the ones in elol where you have to jump/dodge. It should also give loot only obtainable by doing said dungeon and be harder than the other dungeons atm.

Also, it would be great if devs wouldn't make it easier just because some people think that end-game should be doable with basic gear and no tactics.
    Misfits
  • Options
    sabre10sabre10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    So they're supposedly reworking the content for lvl 70s, and retuning for 3 players to queue?
    Why is it that the dungeons cannot at the very least be replaced (5 man queue able) for the leveling player and queues isolated to the respective player level?
    @rayrdan I've been pretty convinced for a long time that they've lost the files. Given the obscene length of time it doesn't seem that far fetched a possibility.

Please tell me it isn't so

Post edited by sabre10 on
    aDXr4Ur.png
    Civil Anarchy Officer
    Fabled Alliance
  • Options
    they cant have lost the files. the dungeons were live on xbox till just last month. its pure and simple apathy towards the customer base. we are a $ and nothing more.
  • Options
    yokki1yokki1 Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    kalindra said:

dwarf75 said:

Seems kinda funny and sad, instead of demanding New dungeons and a raid we are just begging to devs 'plz at least give us the old ones' There is a saying in my language : ' Show them the death, so you can convince them to malaria'

...well, the competence of the devs seems to be on one level with medival medici - you're better off if they don't try to work on you.
    lol +1
  • Options
    banaancbanaanc Member Posts: 472 Arc User

Originally played the game pre mod 1(quit due to real life commitments about a week before mod 1 hit). Friends and I moved on or forgot about the game (albeit we all didn't know why, we all enjoyed our experience playing). Came back about a week ago to find out how so much content has been removed has made me very sad and disappointed. While I'm sure the campaigns at 70 will keep my returning friends and I entertained, it really confuses me as to why they've gone so long without restoring the old dungeons. Some of my fondest memories of this game were the constant near-finishes at epic LMD and Dread Vaults. I just want to relive those memories again :(

better dont bother, just find a different game, all thats waiting here is 2 months of boring and braindead grind for boons and a ton of disappointment,

there is no way i can recommend playing this game to new/returning players in the sorry state it is now, keep your memories and dont ruin them by seeing the abomination this game has become

• Options
    deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    Those files are assets, assets are another word for money. I don't think they'd just misplace that.

Wow, they got rid of the dungeons but left the quests. *speechless*

• Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I think someone dropped them
    sabre10 said:

So they're supposedly reworking the content for lvl 70s, and retuning for 3 players to queue?
    Why is it that the dungeons cannot at the very least be replaced (5 man queue able) for the leveling player and queues isolated to the respective player level?
    @rayrdan I've been pretty convinced for a long time that they've lost the files. Given the obscene length of time it doesn't seem that far fetched a possibility.

Please tell me it isn't so

This is what I've been wondering.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Thanks again for all the feedback on this... I didn't realize what a "hot topic" this was going to turn into, but I am glad it is.

One thing though... While we may not agree with @ironzerg79 on this issue... he is entitled to his opinion. He is a player just like the rest of us. And although he is a forum moderator, he is not a developer or a cryptic employee. I am not going to base my opinion of his stance on him being a moderator here.

I would like to point out though...

I don't like the fact that they removed dungeons, but for all the complaints about them recycling content, I don't see what good spending time to revamp the old dungeons does.

Recycling content is what happened with almost every instance of Elemental Evil. Fardelvers for instance... was reused as an instance in the Firey Pit. Celedane's tower... was reused as the Tower of Nimbus. The list goes on and on and on. That is what the complaints about recycled content are about.

Putting the 12 dungeons back that were TAKEN from us... is not recycling. It is restoring the game to how it should be. They should never have been removed.

Play Legit or Quit
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    I love how it was decided this should be moved to the "Player Feedback" section... effectively lowering the number of views it will get. This is not "feedback". This IS.. a discussion... and should remain in that section.

For those that wish to visibly support this cause... here is an image to put in your signature line:

Post edited by aimeesellers on
    Play Legit or Quit
  • Options
    bhurabbhurab Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 91 Arc User
    Awesome proposal, bioshrike! ^ +1

This will be a great revival of the Foundry.
  • Options
    kromrylkromryl Member Posts: 60 Arc User

I love how it was decided this should be moved to the "Player Feedback" section... effectively lowering the number of views it will get. This is not "feedback". This IS.. a discussion... and should remain in that section.

For those that wish to visibly support this cause... here is an image to put in your signature line:

I'm right there with you! We are trying to talk, scream, kick...basically any way we can to get Cryptic's attention to make this game enjoyable again. Outside of the few scant messages, we get no communication.

This thread was constructive feedback and worthy of being front and center...this game has become mundane and boring. We are pissed because they (Cryptic) changed it after we spent a lot of money on it. We have invested so much of our time getting to certain stages of where we are today for what? How many people have left? My friends list is decimated. How many Guilds have been destroyed?

And all we get is a single price change on Marks of Potency...after they faced player Genocide.

There is no constant communication that this game and player base needs...desperately. What they have done since the last patch is NOT enough.

But what I observe is silence followed by a Stalinistic approach in controlling us.

• Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Well.. ok , Ive thought about it, do I want the old dungeons back, but sadly there IS NO reason to run said old dungeons..

With the removal of the unique loot tables, you just end up running the fastest ones most of the time.

Whats the point? Variety is ok to a point and yes I would plop into them every once in awhile, but I wouldnt do them daily and if I could still make more running elol 300 times, vs sp 300 times, Im going to run elol that many more times instead.

There just isnt ENOUGH farmable loot in this game to warrant dds. Now they could add something, that would be salable , that would be nice. Or tons of RP , that would be even better.

• Options
    jernmajorenjernmajoren Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    Having only played since Mod 6, I do not know the older dungeons so getting them back into the game would add some new playable content (for me at least).

Currently there is little to none variation on the loot in the various dungeons and that makes them rather boring to play through rather fast since the rewards for doing one dungeon is the more or less the same.
    Also the game quickly becomes less and less challenging, which results in a further reduction in the perceived vaule of the rewards for doing dungeons.

Also - looking at what Mod 6 and Mod 7 brought it seems that the direction of the endgame is towards grind-able areas, rather than epic Dungeons/Skirmishes, a direction that I feel is a pathway to nowhere.
    For example why was there not a single Epic Skirmish or Dungeon in Mod 6, in fact the entire story line seems unfinished.
    Cornered by Craps, Slaad Invasion, Priming the Primodial and Battle at Mistral Point could all have easily been made into 60+/Epic Skirmishes and several of the Vigilance Lairs could have been expanded into playable Epic Dungeons expanding the endgame significantly even with the removal of other content.

How it was decided that removing 60+ skirmishes and Epic dungeons would be a excellent business move is a mystery to me, since it will inevitable result in mass exodus of players and thus loss of revenue as players will have less and less to do apart from doing a meaningless grind.
  • Options
    maegmaagmaegmaag Member Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    What this game is rly missing, are pro-made wide variety of dungeons (level design). I dont rly care if CoK or CN will ever return, for they will be no different content, just another hot-needle (re)made foundry-like flat and bland rooms with stacks of mobs, just with a bit "harder" mobs and with some drop. Yes i liked Adrxl or Yshigol fights, but thats just one (a small relatively) part of dungeon.

Dungeons, Campaigns, "Adventure Packs", "Campaign Packs" ..., there should be literally dozens of such things, for various levels and party sizes, similar to DDO maybe, with various levels and randomization of puzzles, skill/ability/whateverchecks, traps, needs of cooperation etc, so i could call this game a D&D, instead of an another TPS or MMO. Also sanitation of skills, stat curves and equip would help, but thats just another story and unlikely to happen (the less the right way).

Currently Cryptic is unable to deliver both such content (bah, even the details and mobs are misplaced way too often) and the tool for authors from the player base. So we can grind, replay the 1-60 content (which has at least a story line and spans various places and events) with a new char, or "play" or make some story in the foundry, which is so trivial its almost restricted to "a maze" and "a reading" (and that comes from someone who knows the foundry from top to bottom, sometimes even unwilling to share some of hard tested tricks u wont find anywhere), stacks of encounters eventually.

That said, i do like the "campaigns" we have to an extent, but only Sharandar was and is the mod worth ever mentioning for many reasons and its still a bit far from what i would like to experience.
    dAuGVxU.png
    A bit nosy NW-DKG7E99X6
    "Hardcore" exploration journey and dungeon crawl. Read its description prior to trying it.
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User

Well.. ok , Ive thought about it, do I want the old dungeons back, but sadly there IS NO reason to run said old dungeons..

With the removal of the unique loot tables, you just end up running the fastest ones most of the time.

Whats the point? Variety is ok to a point and yes I would plop into them every once in awhile, but I wouldnt do them daily and if I could still make more running elol 300 times, vs sp 300 times, Im going to run elol that many more times instead.

There just isnt ENOUGH farmable loot in this game to warrant dds. Now they could add something, that would be salable , that would be nice. Or tons of RP , that would be even better.

All they have to do is remove the elol set bonus from the elol set and put it on a 4 set of gear, then reintroduce 4 old dungeons, with 1 piece dropping in each dungeon....BAM, incentive to run those dungeons again :p
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User

All they have to do is remove the elol set bonus from the elol set and put it on a 4 set of gear, then reintroduce 4 old dungeons, with 1 piece dropping in each dungeon....BAM, incentive to run those dungeons again :p

Not if I have to run all that RP over again.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    I guess.. I doubt they will..

Also, lets be frank, Stronghold armour will have to remain near BiS for sometime, or they need to adjust it, a guild throwing in million upon million of trinkets to work together to get gear.

You can hate stronghold as much as you want, but they simply cant rip away this tomorrow because we want the old dds back.

I know eventually lostmouth will be replaced, but frankly I have zero desire just to replace one BiS item with another.. with strongholds here.. most of my time is revolved, well around stronghold one way or another.

• Options
    well unique armor reinforces or utility slot gems ( that dont suck like tenebrous/dragonhorde/(whatever the elf one is) does) or new artis or ..... theres several ideas so you dont have to replace the sh gear as top dog.

of course then everything would have to have a "this is some loot" key so cryptic can suck the marrow from our bones.