test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

VIP System

nikolaos06nikolaos06 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
Do the VIP system benefits worth the zen you are spending?

Comments

• Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    yes i would say yes, nothing really needed but more or less worth 10 euros every month.
    i mean with the new changes, vip will be my main source of wealth
  • Options
    banaancbanaanc Member Posts: 472 Arc User
    it should be worth it, pay2win stuff usually is, one of the reasons of leadership AD change is so ppl have less ways of getting ad and vip benefits are better

• Options
    banaancbanaanc Member Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    its funny how they promised free to play no subscriptions required, but now only way to get any reasonable amount of ad is VIP, lockboxes or straight up buying ad from them

• Options
    yawulfyawulf Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    kalindra said:

I boycott it, because it's trap immunity is a slap in the face of TRs (when we finally got some reason to be invited into parties) and the game reality ("I can walk on the air over that pitfall, because, you know, my master has this paper with V.I.P. printed on it...").

who the hell takes a Tr to dungeon just to disable traps ?? The vip system is good and its optional, i still make a lot of AD from running skirmish and dd so i dont think i wod buy VIP just yet
  • Options
    deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    VIP system gave more AD during AD events, then the events were removed 30 days later.
    I've been averaging about 4'ish bars per box.
    The box drops are junk.
    I thought, I'd atleast get a coal after 30 days, but the bar drops are pretty low.
    Before the events were removed, I would of said yes, but now I don't think it's worth it.
  • Options
    sweatapodimassweatapodimas Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    I received a brilliant diamond and a giant strider since the the first day of VIP (38 keys or so). Made 3.5 mil AD selling them.

I have gotten enough trade bars for 2 coal wards (I bought a couple keys when i got the 40% single key discount random coupons). One thing I have not seen is a trade bar "jackpot", not sure if it's even advertised on the lockbox description anymore.
    "Jazz isn't dead, it just smells funny" - Frank Zappa
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    banaanc said:

its funny how they promised free to play no subscriptions required, but now only way to get any reasonable amount of ad is VIP, lockboxes or straight up buying ad from them

VIP does not give any direct AD. I assume you are talking about selling on the AH for a marginal profit?

I may eventually get enough VIP to bother, but I didn't trust them enough to buy a year's worth. I bought 3 months and see how it works out. There is already slippage on the bonuses, with the LS AD nerfs.
  • Options
    deathbeez said:

VIP system gave more AD during AD events, then the events were removed 30 days later.
    I've been averaging about 4'ish bars per box.
    The box drops are junk.
    I thought, I'd atleast get a coal after 30 days, but the bar drops are pretty low.
    Before the events were removed, I would of said yes, but now I don't think it's worth it.

I was able to get a coal ward, and am half-way to another. Slower than I had expected, but there you go. Also got an Aranea compainion, a Valindra's shard and an ensorcelled Mulhorand weapon for another class. That's since it began, so over a month but not yet two.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    point is: if selling what i get from boxes pays my vip, i get a coalescent worth 350k for free, which is 35k days of 2 dungeons worth.
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    I've been getting a lot of Planar and Jeweled Idols (I'm focusing on Nightmare and Dark Forest lockboxes for various reasons). That's about 40k AD/RAD a pop right there. I've gotten some really good profession resources as well (which, I know, doesn't mean anything to a lot of people, but whatever). Leadership Special Packs, Tarmalune Jackpots... nothing really huge, but I I've saved over half a million AD on Epic Dungeon Keys, and the daily lockbox key ads a little bit of fun, excitement and hope to my morning coffee.

I'm only level 3 at the moment, but I get 10% bonus XP, 15% bonus AD, bonus companion XP, 2k HP for everyone in my party, 20 ID scrolls a day (saved tens of thousands of AD on that on each character).. so there's additional AD income, and lots of AD savings.

Next rank, I will get a signpost that will give me a travel gat anywhere... that's a sweet QoL addition, and a second Epic Dungeon Key, not that I'm in any danger of running out...

While it's technically *not* a "subscription", it really kind of is. However, I'm happy to support the game in this fashion and get a few nice added perks for my money.

YMMV

And.. BTW ..why are people still here if they hate the game so much?
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    inyawayupdeepinyawayupdeep Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 206 Arc User
    So far for me it's been worth it, I bought six month package to start because of the discount and used coupon to lower the cost even more, then added one more to get injury imunity (I was spending a lot on kits running dungeons bloodbath style) so far I got eye of behoder, blue waters artifact and neck artifact for lostmouth set, also got 3 or 4 rank 7 enchants an adventurer which I sold for about 130 AD if I remember right and a bunch of other stuff some good some pretty worthless,
    I have also been earning AD at a higher rate which is nice, can teleport, mail and salvage from anywhere. And have received enough trade bars to buy one 1.5 coalescent wards so far which by itself has been making it at least a break even proposition. I'm sure my results are better than some and worse than others, I never really spent a lot on lockbox keys before VIP so it's nice to participate in that a little, gives ya somthin ta look forward to every day :) I was thinking earlier today about post I made in the forums awhile back where I was saying how I thought it was a mistake for the game to pander to whales to get a few of them to spend thousands on the game and that they would do better to get thousands to spend ten on the game. I think that's what they did, and I like it.
  • Options
    theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    I suspect that it was better to hold off on buying Rank whatever VIP until after the leadership nerf, but that's just a consequence of the asset depreciation. Anyone who somehow knew to hold onto AD rather than items purchasable with AD (eg zen) were savvy in that regards.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    For 1000 ADs, (not including any discounts from a coupon or by purchasing more months of VIP time at a single time), you get about 30 enchanted keys, which breaks down to them costing about 33 Zen each. If you plan on sticking around for decent amount of time, those keys are worth the price of VIP alone. Now take into account the ID scrolls and epic dungeon chest keys, and it becomes even more worthwhile. Lastly, the various convenience items, like the travel sign post, mailbox, or banking portal, can also save you a bunch of time. I'm not sure why one of the summons is a profession vendor, though - my only guess is they wanted some sort of shop, but didn't want to just offer an option that would render the aurora whole realms catalog artifact useless...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    dfncedfnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 509 Arc User
    For me it was all or nothing. If pay for few months of lesser rank vip and can't use all program benefits, it is not so appealing.

In my case i hit in some ZEN promotion and got about 40% zen, then bought biggest cheaper VIP packs with coupons. If you not going to do same, your per month price of VIP is certainly overpriced.

It offers good things except one - regular (independent from lockbox rng) AD earnings are still on you. Free chest keys help to make extra 10-15k AD per character, but you still need millions.

EX-DL-BtS / ITF-KC-KB / BF-HD-IBS / FtF-IT-ST-Dis / CA-GW-PG
    "When no appropriate rule applies, make one up."
    — (The unwritten rule)

• Options
    morenthar said:

3. Do you trust Cryptic to make bug fixing a priority? I truly believe that most, if not all Devs, want to fix what is broken in this game. The problem is that it isn't prioritized by leadership. Do these guys have meetings about game-breaking issues? Apparently not. This is a common thread that runs through all Cryptic games. So my answer is no.

If they get number 2 right I might consider donating to the cause again. If they get number 3 right I may die of surprise before I get a chance to buy into the VIP program.

It really isn't looking good.

Game management (Managers) does seem to be a problem here.
  • Options
    ghostpainxyzghostpainxyz Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    Overall the VIP is worth it, but, I wish the key setup was different. I have 5 char. 4 of which currently cant do epic dungeons, so they are getting a large stock of keys they will probably never use up. Would much rather it be one normal strong box key per char. and 3 epic dungeon key for one char.
  • Options
    deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    Some of you are hella lucky. I got a single bar in this morning's chest.
    The best thing I ever got from a box was a ensorcelled mulhorand DC mainhand that sold for 80k pre AD nerf.
  • Options
    Awww man, your Mulhorand sold for 80k? I got like, half that.

I got an Olhydra pack and had the audacity to pen it, and was rewarded with an artifact gear that sold for a bit over 100k if I recall, but other than that my drops tend to be in the sub 10k range.
  • Options
    mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I got a costal flail snail and alot of ad from items sold.

Even if i didn't get anything it will still be worth it You get more ad and Xp.
    Post edited by mynaam on
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• Options
    Getting a coastal flail snail is worth more than a years worth of VIP. I am glaring daggers at you right now, for being too lucky. Grrrrrrrr. 1d4 1d4 1d4! That's the damage you're taking from my dagger eyes!
  • Options

Getting a coastal flail snail is worth more than a years worth of VIP. I am glaring daggers at you right now, for being too lucky. Grrrrrrrr. 1d4 1d4 1d4! That's the damage you're taking from my dagger eyes!

They are so expensive because of their beauty and grace.
  • Options
    aristofanusaristofanus Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    VIP features save tons of time - no need to run to mailbox, teleport, invocations everywhere... it definetely worth it. And if u plan to sell expensive but hard selling thing that worth millions - u definttely need vip 8 to escape loosing 2% AH placement costs. Imao going above 8th is not worth it at all almostly.
  • Options
    Invocations everywhere is the biggest benefit if you're like me, and spend most of your game time just invoking :P
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,044 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I can see a clear decrease in TB from lockboxes, 152 TB this month to be exact, and i doubt that i will hit the TB "jackpot" in the next few days.

Anyway, ViP is still usefull.
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    gnarluggnarlug Member Posts: 4 New User
    Hey, can someone help me with this, every time I try to load up neverwinter, it say "Fatal Error: Direct3D driver returned error code (DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED) while checking sync query"