test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

soooo, i can delete my paladin now ?

banaancbanaanc Member Posts: 472 Arc User
edited September 2015 in The Citadel
get to 3k ilvl, spent a ton of ad aaaand its completely useless, cant even clear medium he in stronghold area, spent half an hour on 2 hes just to run out of time when last few mobs, whats the point of being able to tank the whole strongholds map 2 times over if theres 0 damage? it really nice dealing 40k dmg hit on a mob that gets healed by 1.2 mil right after, and that those mobs cast the heal once every 3 sec, even on justice its hard/impossible to cancel them all. this lack of damage on paladins is complete bs. dungeons dont need tanks anymore anyway

HAMSTER frustrating

Comments

• Options
    namrekcanamrekca Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    Try burning light
    Unrepentant Gaming
    uey100.png

Vell Crowe
    Vell Crowe's Soulbinder Damnation SW build
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    1st - its close to impossible to cast with all these powerful attacks hitting me for 0 to 1000 damage and somehow stunning me despite dealing less than a % of my max hp in damage(that is if they can get through my 250k temp hp) :D
    2nd - i do use it for when theres less cc but the damage is still below pathetic, i could probably pull much better numbers on my gwf who doesnt have any enchants and has t1 gear

if they didnt revive 2 most stupid monster abilities(ap drain and heal) from the worst mod ever - sharandar it would be manageable, but vs those 2 %@O&*#^)# abilities its just takes too long and is boring as hell. i could tank eCC without looking at the screen, just pushing buttons, but i cant kill few useless bandits because time ends and cryptic just loves big numbers and boring grind

its just like running in godmode, but having a weapon that deals 0.5 damage

• Options
    obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    Run Burning Light, Templar's Wrath and Smite with Aura of Wisdom and Aura of Courage as passives.

Don't agro everything you can.

When you are close to the mob (they are starting to react) hit Templar's Wrath.
    Immediately start charging Burning. Hold for a full charge, it takes the length of time that Templar's stuns things for.
    Hit Smite on the most damaged thing.
    Shielding Strike until Templar's is recharged, recycle the pattern.

You can pop Judgement for a DPS spike.

Things die quite quickly.

My build and current gear is available elsewhere on the forum if you want to compare.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • Options

Run Burning Light, Templar's Wrath and Smite with Aura of Wisdom and Aura of Courage as passives.

Immediately start charging Burning. Hold for a full charge, it takes the length of time that Templar's stuns things for.

My build and current gear is available elsewhere on the forum if you want to compare.

thnx for trying to help, but I was top20 paladin in NCL, I know how to play my class :D I use avenger in place of smite because it gives one more cc to cancel casts + gives like 5x more AP. also aoe at-will(forgot the name) when canceled deals more damage on 3+ enemies thanks to might and since encounters and daily are aoe i try to use all damage by pulling numbers equal or greater than max targets of skills, damge reduction from shielding is not important, in terms of damage taken I could tank 2+ medium HEs there, if not the whole strongholds map :D .

• Options
    onegaki101onegaki101 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 327 Arc User
    banaanc said:

thnx for trying to help, but I was top20 paladin in NCL, I know how to play my class :D I use avenger in place of smite because it gives one more cc to cancel casts + gives like 5x more AP. also aoe at-will(forgot the name) when canceled deals more damage on 3+ enemies thanks to might and since encounters and daily are aoe i try to use all damage by pulling numbers equal or greater than max targets of skills, damge reduction from shielding is not important, in terms of damage taken I could tank 2+ medium HEs there, if not the whole strongholds map :D .
    So I don't get it, if you were top 20 paladin, then you shouldn't have problems. I clear them just fine. Slower than my other dps classes but that is to be expected.
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    So let me get this straight - you want to delete your paladin, because you can only tank an entire level 70 instance but not be able to kill them?

I don't care what your PVP rank is....A) you are complaining about not being overpowered enough and B) you are obviously doing something wrong because I've seen tank and healer specced OPs top the damage charts, WHILE tanking and healing.

If you can tank fine but can't do damage, spec into less tank stuff and more damage stuff.

For the record, I don't play a paladin any more than I have to, but this is either troll bait (in which case, got me), or someone who doesn't know how to play very well.
  • Options
    im complaining about pve being about as interesting as watching paint dry, and my spec is mostly damage oriented

tank classes are boring to do solo content with in most mmorpgs, but with stupid mechanics like ap drain, heals and cc on about any monster ability it is 10x more annoying here, before monster arp fix at least dungeons were interesting and fun - since you could get killed, now its same old tank and spank as before and tanks are again getting useless like it was in mods 1~5

at least in mod 6 a boss could kill you through 130k hp and 300k temp hp, now im immortal - imho action setup of the game allows much better and active gameplay

• Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    You'd be in the minority if you found the Mod6 dungeons fun. I'm all for a challenge, but random 1 shots from trash and bosses was not fun - it was annoying.

Unless they can put some creativity into the boss fights, they are in trouble. VT is a great example.

• Options

You'd be in the minority if you found the Mod6 dungeons fun. I'm all for a challenge, but random 1 shots from trash and bosses was not fun - it was annoying.

Unless they can put some creativity into the boss fights, they are in trouble. VT is a great example.

random 1shots were annoying, but its still better than being immortal + it was interesting working around DP uptime, attacking when its up and playing def when its down

• Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    If you have trouble on paladin, irrespective of whether you healer or tank, you doing something wrong. I would suggest looking at either one of the guides for tank or my guide for healer on the forums, both of them should do fine.
  • Options
    banaanc said:

Apparently you should actually listen to the PvE player, who clears the solo content just fine, including pulling multiple mobs of those annoying orcs into 1 spot and killing them all.

See you are saying "I cannot". I'm telling you "its not a problem if you do it right".
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
  • Options

banaanc said:

Apparently you should actually listen to the PvE player, who clears the solo content just fine, including pulling multiple mobs of those annoying orcs into 1 spot and killing them all.

See you are saying "I cannot". I'm telling you "its not a problem if you do it right".
    i CAN tank the whole map two times over, what i CANT is kill anything within a reasonable time and running out of time when last mob of the HE is on 1/5 hp simply wastes the whole time you spent on a badly designed and boring grind content that is about as fun as toothache

• Options
    kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    I like playing the OP - IMO better version of the GF. You will never solo the bigger HEs as an OP, even if you have transcendant everything. It's not a DPS char. It's build for damage soaking in dungeons.

You can solo (in time allotted) the smallest HE icons as a solo OP in Stronghold - the spiders, the devils and the beast HEs are all way, way easy to do in well under the time allotted. Little more challenging with the lake supplies HE, but can be done under the time limit too - just focus on killing any wolf head dudes first to take out the healer.

Medium size icons and above require more than one person -- errr...,more than one OP, anyway. If you want to try to solo those you need a DPS char with a healer companion - a CW, SW or even an HR (I hear a lot of folks complaining the TR is nerfed now - IDK, haven't tried).
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    while dps classes should do more damage, the difference is too huge - my gwf without enchants(the few that are there are r5) in pvp gear at 2.1k ilvl did medium HE in some 5 min, paladin with r8, and T weapon enchant, in PvE gear cant do it in 15, and thanks to unstoppable the constant cc bs wasnt nearly as annoying on gwf as it was on pala. we really need dps paragon, my gwf auto attacks deal almost as much as smite(with vorpal the damage/hit would be higher) DJ hits for 100k while IBS for 300k+ and thats without vorpal, i think even my 1.6k ilvl cw is faster than pala
    heres comparison of my pala and gwf gear

Post edited by banaanc on

• Options
    oliboypholiboyph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I've seen several OP practically running kessel's on their own at 3k Ilvl. They tank everything and deal the most damage, my GF ends up getting relegated to the role of buffer.
    "As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann[/quote]
  • Options
    So you cannot do it in 15.

I do it and stand around waiting for things to respawn.

I'd suggest the problem isn't the class.
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
  • Options
    If you running my build, you won't be able to do it alone within the time limit because my build scales its damage off of have adjacent party members. The more adjacent party members, themore powerful it is. I have stated in my guide that solo it does less damage then protector, however, in a group, you far exceed the capabilities of any other build in the game, dealing more damage, healing more and being tankier then everyone else. When on dev pally, I facetank the red circles in eCC, they hit me for about 820 damage in total.
  • Options
    blinxonblinxon Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    banaanc said:

i CAN tank the whole map two times over, what i CANT is kill anything within a reasonable time and running out of time when last mob of the HE is on 1/5 hp simply wastes the whole time you spent on a badly designed and boring grind content that is about as fun as toothache

Your a 1 man guild and no one can help you? Dont do HEs, or do only the small ones.
    And if you wont listen to the PVE OPs....well...keep telling how much you can tank.
    Or....make an Heal Pala, or an Heal DC and try some HEs ^^.

• Options
    darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    Complaining that your GWF does more damage than your OP is just trolling.

You are obviously not a new player, so I know you know there is no stat on the paladin that increases damage. From the beginning, the paladin was clearly not supposed to have high dps.

So, yes, please delete your paladin now.

• Options
    im not asking for high dps im asking for some dps and less HAMSTER mechanics like 1.2mil heals on 3 sec cd(too bad i didnt record that fight, the healer was casting that animation without a cooldown.

my gwf clears 4x faster than pala, but a gwf on same gear level as my pala would have at least 50% more dps than my gwf(lol set + pvorp or better) so equally geared GWF would clear it some 6x faster than my pala, 2x or 3x damage difference is ok and completely normal, but not 6x

this game already consists of a ton of boring grind, were still forced to farm that HAMSTER pile that is sharandar, farm HEs and what not, it would be reasonable to ask that class x doesnt have to spend 10x more time in doing same tasks than class y

• Options
    dufistodufisto Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    banaanc said:

im not asking for high dps im asking for some dps and less HAMSTER mechanics like 1.2mil heals on 3 sec cd(too bad i didnt record that fight, the healer was casting that animation without a cooldown.

my gwf clears 4x faster than pala, but a gwf on same gear level as my pala would have at least 50% more dps than my gwf(lol set + pvorp or better) so equally geared GWF would clear it some 6x faster than my pala, 2x or 3x damage difference is ok and completely normal, but not 6x

this game already consists of a ton of boring grind, were still forced to farm that HAMSTER pile that is sharandar, farm HEs and what not, it would be reasonable to ask that class x doesnt have to spend 10x more time in doing same tasks than class y

at 2.1 i was killing the med he's solo. yeah it took a long time. ditch the recovery/power and get some arpen/crit problem solved.
  • Options
    aristofanusaristofanus Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    Man, make a crit-spec pala, put t.vorpal on it, drink some nice crit food and elixirs, make GS a bit higher - and u can do it, but what the point of soloing medium HE? it's absolutely not necessary -))
  • Options

Man, make a crit-spec pala, put t.vorpal on it, drink some nice crit food and elixirs, make GS a bit higher - and u can do it, but what the point of soloing medium HE? it's absolutely not necessary -))

i like being able to kill whatever is stupid enough to get in my way :D

• Options
    banaanc said:

Roll a GWF then...or a CW and wait for mod 8 when dungeons are so easy again that CW's can solo clear door to door :p
  • Options
    edited September 2015

banaanc said:

Roll a GWF then...or a CW and wait for mod 8 when dungeons are so easy again that CW's can solo clear door to door :p
    i dont have 20+ mil ad to get my cw to the lvl my pala is :D and then theres boon grind.... jumping on legos or drinking orange juice after brushing teeth is much more pleasant thing to do than that

• Options
    aristofanusaristofanus Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    Banaac, what aura's and pets do u use? i presume some sort of opitimization here can be done -)) Archons, bounding stones of good striker, + some extra GS will help to reach your goal -)0
  • Options
    edited September 2015

Banaac, what aura's and pets do u use? i presume some sort of opitimization here can be done -)) Archons, bounding stones of good striker, + some extra GS will help to reach your goal -)0

courage+wisdom, erinyes black dragon ion stone, blacksmith and rust monster(so 1 slot is free), with loyal avengers and profanes on stone. i can get some damage, but i would need to get more crit and vorpal, but that would ruin my ability to pvp and i doubt that would be enough, atm on large HE devils had some 20% hp left after 20 min

and that would cost too much considering they robbed me of my only income(as i rarely do group content since its about as challenging and interesting as watching paint dry) might get air + earth archons since im always at full hp and my targets arent

• Options
    dufistodufisto Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    banaanc said:

courage+wisdom, erinyes black dragon ion stone, blacksmith and rust monster(so 1 slot is free), with loyal avengers and profanes on stone. i can get some damage, but i would need to get more crit and vorpal, but that would ruin my ability to pvp and i doubt that would be enough, atm on large HE devils had some 20% hp left after 20 min

and that would cost too much considering they robbed me of my only income(as i rarely do group content since its about as challenging and interesting as watching paint dry) might get air + earth archons since im always at full hp and my targets arent
    get a flame sprite (cheap), put some gbonding stones on it ( not so cheap). load it up with your avenger gear. and you'll easily outperform the stone.
  • Options
    l3thin4thl3thin4th Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 198 Arc User
    dufisto said:

banaanc said:

at 2.1 i was killing the med he's solo. yeah it took a long time. ditch the recovery/power and get some arpen/crit problem solved.
    Thumbs up.
    Same thing here.

I just change power and auras.

Lethinath - DC

Fayn Fiddler - HR

Jean Fiddler - OP

Quinn Fiddler - TR

Tre'Davious Flynn - SW

Bogus Skullslicker - GF

Vanhankaupunginselk - CW

Alea - GWF

Noble Misfits

• Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User

I don't care what your PVP rank is....A) you are complaining about not being overpowered enough and B) you are obviously doing something wrong because I've seen tank and healer specced OPs top the damage charts, WHILE tanking and healing.

I don't play OP as well, but I have run a lot of eLoL and saw that most OP out-DPS all but high-DPS players, all while fast-tanking two scorpions.

This discussion has been closed.