Install Arc
Options

soooo, i can delete my paladin now ?

2»

Comments

• Options
    rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    I don't really have problems clearing them with my pally, Smalls are easy, Mediums take a while (though remeber they are RECOMMENDED for more than 1 player, and you're playing a tank not a dps). sure it takes longer than my GWF. but thats to be expected. I'm more specced towards high crit though with my ability scores and I don't have high con like you. (45% crit chance) I run a trans vorpal on him. (not running Lostmauth, but I was considering swapping other than the fact I'd lose some crit chance.
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    banaanc said:

get to 3k ilvl, spent a ton of ad aaaand its completely useless, cant even clear medium he in stronghold area, spent half an hour on 2 hes just to run out of time when last few mobs, whats the point of being able to tank the whole strongholds map 2 times over if theres 0 damage? it really nice dealing 40k dmg hit on a mob that gets healed by 1.2 mil right after, and that those mobs cast the heal once every 3 sec, even on justice its hard/impossible to cancel them all. this lack of damage on paladins is complete bs. dungeons dont need tanks anymore anyway

HAMSTER frustrating

circle of power bane templar wrath. and wheel water to heal yourself. daily divine judgement.
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    mod 8 you can definitely delete (or stop playing) your paladin. I took a look at some of the stuff on preview (new rings etc) and have been toying around with it and it looks like I will be able to recreate my mod 5 CW.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Your a utility class, that already has way more dps then some other utility classes for pve purposes, with the most survivibility then all other utility classes.

But you should have as much damage as striker classes? not going to happen.

• Options
    dufistodufisto Member Posts: 537 Arc User

Your a utility class, that already has way more dps then some other utility classes for pve purposes, with the most survivibility then all other utility classes.

But you should have as much damage as striker classes? not going to happen.

odd a dps speced gf puts out serious damage as well. and they're a tank class too. and kill speed with a righteous cleric is pretty darn quick as well , and they have big heals also.. if your utility class is underperforming in the dps department perhaps you should look at adjusting your build. yes a burning guidance build will shine in a low il group. but it doesnt ever grow in dmg outside of stacking pali's. where as a true dps class will grow as their gear grows and vastly out damage any pali build.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    you can spec your utility to do dps (as much as it goes) but they at this point pale in comparison with strikers for the most part.

Its pve landscape.. none of the mobs are hard, making the strikers who are well geared, easily handling them .. as they can just kill them quicker. This is nothing new to this game, or to most mmos ive played.

I remember my warden in lotro.. could handle elite level landscape mobs (the ones that were supposed to be at least 3 man stuff.. but it took me 15 mins or so to kill them..

You could you know.. get a group together. Yes I know some strikers are doing them solo(there is one TR I know who farms them solo).. oh well. It happens. I dont expect my dc to do them.. and thats not because I couldnt just pull the entire HE.. its just too slow and painful to solo them.

• Options
    duvaindessduvaindess Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    Sharandar heals are bad-HAMSTER, but you just kill the healers first... it isn't that hard, they are all squishes. And if you have any skill that does a aoe stun, even for a second, it is enough to interrupt the heal.
  • Options
    estilioestilio Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User

Run Burning Light, Templar's Wrath and Smite with Aura of Wisdom and Aura of Courage as passives.

Nerfed, again... https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9681873-patch-notes:-nw.55.20151123a.3. Burning Guidance does about 2-3K, once per second now? useless.

I like to use Vow of Emnity on the tougher target, then use Burning light and Smite.

I agree Aura of Courage and Wisdom are best in slot.

ÆSTIL
  • Options
    obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    Ahm who said anything about Burning Guidance?
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • Options
    bkt5789bkt5789 Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    I like to give benefit of the doubt and say he meant to announce that the class got nerfed again: but I could be wrong. ^.^"
This discussion has been closed.