test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The lag in T2's is absurd. This really needs to be sorted out arc.

ZERO need to go into a long rant.

Simply put, you have a massive player base and a massive player base that spends a TON of money as per this game. The lag in the dungeons is ridiculous. Player animations with zero affect, rubber banding constantly, wipes. I can go on and on but, there's zero need. It needs to be addressed immediately.

Shut the game down for a day if need be, or for however long it takes. Please respect and take care of your customers and address this please.

Thank you

Comments

• Options
    xrawcarnagexrawcarnage Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    +1!!!!! We spend well enough money for the game to shut down and fix the servers with minimal loss to their pockets...
  • Options
    spacemountain40spacemountain40 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Its absurd.
  • Options
    nonameduunonameduu Member Posts: 54 Arc User

Player animations with zero affect, rubber banding constantly, wipes. I can go on and on but, there's zero need. It needs to be addressed immediately.
    Thank you

December
    Scourge Warlock
  • Options
    kriptical1kriptical1 Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    +1
    Add on the chain server disconnects and it's a party
  • Options
    raymond00713raymond00713 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    Pretty unreal in most 5 man dingeons from my experience
  • Options
    stpensivestpensive Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    Open world content (servers) seem mostly unaffected but their 'raid' segment is suffering for sure. The new content is challenging enough but with the rubber banding and all out stoppages, its getting unplayable in many runs.

I'm sure they are aware, and working on it, but I have been just working on the campaigns until it gets better.
  • Options
    silktrocitysilktrocity Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    Lostmauth is still the hardest boss in the game, and not even for the actual difficulty of the fight either..but for the insane amount of lag to the point where you can't see fireballs,falling rocks, and the lava until it's too late.

to many times I've frozen for several seconds only to come back and be 50 feet away in the gold lava..
    Lady Vayo TR - Silky OP - Lord Reven DC (retired) - Lady Luck HR (retired)
  • Options
    drexcidrexci Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    The connection's in t'1 and t'2 are a joke and I'd say count for most deaths and wipes. so many times you try to dodge a aoe only to be rubberbanded back into it and die.
  • Options
    stercesderisedstercesderised Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    Agree with this thread. The rubber banding is terrible. spent over an hour on valindra, wiping at same part (the second interval w/ waves of lightning and spectres), due to it. Malabogs, same thing.

Same goes with sharandar, and general gameplay. Latency has been wayyyyy up in general, even when a ddos arrack is NOT in progress.

Plz address the latency/lag/rubber banding.......
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    Agreed with everything said here. The lag makes it impossible
  • Options
    fastandfrivolousfastandfrivolous Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    Wonder if they could do something like their competitors do and let you disable certain visual effects to allow for low quality connections? I had played that other MMO on Low-res settings and got a major framerate boost on some highly populated areas. I would gladly sacrifice a little sparkle or shimmer in a tough area if it meant snappier server response.
  • Options
    jikhanjikhan Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    @fastandfrivolous It's not an issue with graphics so far as I can tell, and it's definitely not my connection. But I've yet to go into a T2 or any new dungeon (oddly skirmishes seem unaffected, it's just the dungeons) and NOT experience awful rubberbanding.

It happens whether you're fighting or not and no amount of waiting or resetting will fix it. It's terrible and absolutely something that needs to be fixed. I can slog through the trash and the first two bosses keeping my party up despite the lag but on the end bosses it's just impossible to succeed when you get bounced right back into four red areas all laid on top of one another.
  • Options
    randomdigits#2166 randomdigits Member Posts: 700 Arc User
    At certain times of the day it affects open world too - e.g. it's a pain to do daily tasks in Dwarven Valley in the morning when folks are running HEs nearby.
    Ana Taletreader (CW) / Friend of Casual Gamers
  • Options
    codher0codher0 Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    Every day I play pvp, and everyday once or twice the game will crash and when I come back I won't be put back in the game and I have a 30 min leaver penalty! I hope this does not ultimately get me banned :(
  • Options
    blinxonblinxon Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    No tracert log? Only claims? Ok.
    Sry...but i can play NW all the time without any lags...no matter where. All t1/t2 dungoens. No problem at all.
  • Options
    nem3slsnem3sls Member Posts: 332 Arc User
    blinxon said:

Sry...but i can play NW all the time without any lags...no matter where. All t1/t2 dungoens. No problem at all.

well same here, no lags or whatsoever. Sometimes it gets slow when fighting like 30 adds at once but well thats all "lag" I´m experiencing at the moment.

Only had serious issues when the ddos attacks took place last month iirc but other than that, no problems.
    The Legendary Outlaws

maintaining HR, DC, GWF, TR, SW, CW, OP, 4 Kids and 1 wife :p Dungeon runs anyone?

Tweet me @ nem3sis_AUT
    Streaming NWXbox daily @ 7PM CEST My Twitch
    When is this for you? Worldtime Buddy

I miss you Boo :(
  • Options
    kriptical1kriptical1 Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    Hmm.
    It's less traditional lag and more rubberbanding server connect issues. As I type this in dread Spire watching the server not responding text repeat itself every couple of feet I move.
  • Options
    snoborder101snoborder101 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    It was happening a lot last night in dungeons and IWD. My connection on pc is 85/85mbps 8ms 0 packet loss. On xbox it's 84/83 mbps 60ms 0 packet loss.

It seems to be something server side. I really hope the devs are taking a hard look at this. I know of multiple people who rage quit last night due to the lag.

I'm a big pvp'er, but most people, myself included, want to run dungeons. If the dungeons are unplayable, then people will stop playing. I don't want that. The community doesn't want that. Please take a serious look into this problem. Please acknowledge that you are looking into this.
    Ankou - CW
    Xerxes - GWF
    Eazy - DC
    Tyrian - TR
  • Options
    stpensivestpensive Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    blinxon said:

Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust [it] into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.
  • Options
    blinxonblinxon Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    John 20:27?
    Huh?
  • Options
    Doubting Thomas
    Ankou - CW
    Xerxes - GWF
    Eazy - DC
    Tyrian - TR
  • Options
    nonameduunonameduu Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    blinxon said:

You lie like a Persian rug
    December
    Scourge Warlock
  • Options
    worriedmammal8worriedmammal8 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    Yeah, I have a problem anytime I play with rubberbanding especially the faster u move through an area. I don't get disconnected very often but, the lag is real. It's a constant struggle to fight when hits take 5 seconds to register or it looks like I used a skill but, due to lag I have to press three or four times to get them to go off. Must be something with how servers for changed with mod6 for the worse. I hope you guys are working on it, love this game but, it's impossible to play sometime.
  • Options
    mercbenz360mercbenz360 Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    It is completely broken right now. Everyone in the group sees it. Randoms that come in complain of the lag. People talk about it in guild, on reddit, you see it during people's steams, etc. I don't see why a tracenet would be needed, this happens in no other game. Not Netflix, MLBtv, Tony Hawk, COD, etc etc. Cragmire is fine, Malabogs is broken. ELOL is busted 60% of the time.
  • Options
    zacoria1405zacoria1405 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    The lag and rubber banding is awful and dungeons are unplayable a lot of the time because of it. We've had a few guild members quit the game completely because of it and I'm pretty sure more will follow.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    I'm supposed to be streaming tomorrow, but if it is like it is tonight, I simply won't be able to.

Let me ask this, for those of you with the almost nonstop rubberbanding as of late, do you have Verizon fios? I do.
    Ankou - CW
    Xerxes - GWF
    Eazy - DC
    Tyrian - TR
  • Options
    Tracing route to patchserver.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 2 ms <1 ms <1 ms Wireless_Broadband_Router.home [192.168.1.1]
    2 7 ms 8 ms 9 ms lo0-100.WASHDC-VFTTP-326.verizon-gni.net [108.31
    .159.1]
    3 8 ms 9 ms 10 ms T1-1-0-11.WASHDC-LCR-22.verizon-gni.net [130.81.
    171.38]
    4 * * * Request timed out.
    5 * * * Request timed out.
    6 21 ms 21 ms 20 ms 0.ae2.GW15.BOS4.ALTER.NET [140.222.231.203]
    7 20 ms 21 ms 21 ms internap-gw.customer.alter.net [152.179.134.214]

8 22 ms 20 ms 21 ms border11.te8-1-bbnet2.bsn.pnap.net [63.251.128.1
    04]
    9 19 ms 20 ms 21 ms perfectworldent-4.border11.bsn.pnap.net [216.52.
    61.78]
    10 24 ms 20 ms 21 ms 198.49.243.250
    11 21 ms 21 ms 29 ms 198.49.243.253
    12 * * * Request timed out.
    13 20 ms 21 ms 20 ms patchserver2.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41]

Trace complete.

Ankou - CW
    Xerxes - GWF
    Eazy - DC
    Tyrian - TR
  • Options
    randomdigits#2166 randomdigits Member Posts: 700 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    So you confirmed that TCP packets reach their CDN servers with low latency.
    How does that relates to slow responses from the actual game servers to game actions?

do you have Verizon fios? I do.

I don't.
    Ana Taletreader (CW) / Friend of Casual Gamers
  • Options
    Low latency minus the timeouts, yes.

I tried changing settings in my router to no avail. Everything else is running fine(games, netflix, tests). Some of my friends tonight were claiming they weren't getting any rubberbanding, but I've been getting it all night. In fact, tonight has been on par for the ddos attacks the other week.
    Ankou - CW
    Xerxes - GWF
    Eazy - DC
    Tyrian - TR
  • Options
    stercesderisedstercesderised Member Posts: 334 Arc User

Low latency minus the timeouts, yes.

I tried changing settings in my router to no avail. Everything else is running fine(games, netflix, tests). Some of my friends tonight were claiming they weren't getting any rubberbanding, but I've been getting it all night. In fact, tonight has been on par for the ddos attacks the other week.

Verizon fios here too. Rubber banding / stalling was really bad last night, while friends didn't have an issue, same experience as you. Interesting b/c I'm from same part of country as you according to your trace log.