test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

GMoP from enchanted coffers: droprate ?

luisandluisand Member Posts: 53 Arc User
According to patchnotes. Enchanted coffers from leadership now has a chance to give you a GMoP.
I just oppened aprox. 300 of these, and not a single GMoP. It is also not listed when you mouse over the box ( but then again, is any tooltip in NWO actually correct ? :P ).

Did they really mess this up ? , or is the droprate extremely low.
Finally a proud member of The Lower Depths of Neverwinter.

Comments

• Options
    theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    They deliberately bugged it in such a way that coffers would "forget" to drop GMOPs for the first day or so, until everyone opened all the coffers they'd been hoarding, in anticipation of the change!!!!!

Maybe.
  • Options
    Pretty sure i had 3 "new" coffers on my DC and they autostacked with the old ones, so they are the excact same coffers.
    Guess we will have to wait a while to se if "completely" fresh coffers will drop them.
    Not getting my hopes up though :(

And before people scream leadership army exploit looser bla bla bla.....
    This was 300 coffers i had saved up from 4 chars with leadership, so hardly an army.
  • Options
    matiagronxmatiagronx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited September 2015

They deliberately bugged it in such a way that coffers would "forget" to drop GMOPs for the first day or so, until everyone opened all the coffers they'd been hoarding, in anticipation of the change!!!!!

Maybe.

There is NO MAYBE here. And that is the reason Cryptic is continuously falling in the eyes of players. Cheap tactics to save a few bucks by "emptying" the player base and hiding behind "bugs". CAN ANYONE ONCE COME OUT CLEAN AND SAY "SORRY PEOPLE WE TRIED TO SCUM YOU"? Can you stop this CHEAP way of communicating with playerbase? How can you EVER think that you can scum people like this? Dont you understand that you are CONTINUOUSLY INSULTING our intelligence? Do you you think you can hide forever behind "bugs" and programming mistakes? Its OUTRAGEOUS to repeat this fraudelent behavior.
  • Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    I suspect the tool on nwo unblogged will be updated pretty soon with the drop rate

http://www.nwo-uncensored.com/rngvalue.php
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    edited September 2015

Maybe.

Guaranteed, whether they admit it or not. Can't really say I blame them though. Some people would have been holding those boxes from the day it was announced.
  • Options

Maybe.

Guaranteed, whether they admit it or not. Can't really say I blame them though. Some people would have been holding those boxes from the day it was announced.
    Then they should have stated, it would only work for new Enchanted coffers.

I don't even know why I'm surprised. Should probably just be thankfull my characters didnt explode and got deleted when oppening the coffers :P

• Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    luisand said:

Maybe.

Then they should have stated, it would only work for new Enchanted coffers.

I don't even know why I'm surprised. Should probably just be thankfull my characters didnt explode and got deleted when oppening the coffers :P

The day isn't over. :)
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    when items are infinitesimally so low that they are near zero, its virtually zero.

• Options
    I'm sorry, I'm in favor of encouraging players to open their saved up stacks of Coffers before the full on implementation goes into effect.

The goal isn't to vastly increase the wealth of people who had the foresight to run certain tasks, especially not everyone who had a leadership army and was running the 24 hr task and just never bothered opening Enchanted Coffers for two years. The goal is to provide additional incentive to run tasks that produce enchanted coffers. Now it is true that item wise, the old coffers and the new ones almost certainly are not distinct. Instead, the RNG may well just be in a state of flux so that it will eventually have a different loot table than it does at the moment. But I don't think people opening 300 coffers that they had from before and getting nothing from it is a bad thing.

The goal is so that, going forwards, when people do tasks that get coffers, they get an expectation of a possibility of a GMOP.

Of course, how to reconcile these two aspects (without, say, making the new coffers "Enchanted Coffer Z" that doesn't stack with the old one), I cannot say.
  • Options
    I don't mind if saved up coffers wont drop GMoP's . But I want to be sure that "new" coffers does it, and rigth now I'm not.
  • Options
    deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User

I have 2500+ coffers waiting to be opened. In such cases I never trust cryptic and wait until it's confirmed by other players.

Nothing is worth hording anymore. Everything is being stripped away till we're left with rickety sandals are on feet.
    I cleaned up, boarded up, and sold out before the ill winds started to blow.
    I really have nothing to lose right now, I'm just sitting back and watching.

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,252 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    deathbeez said:

I have 2500+ coffers waiting to be opened. In such cases I never trust cryptic and wait until it's confirmed by other players.

Nothing is worth hording anymore. Everything is being stripped away till we're left with rickety sandals are on feet.
    I cleaned up, boarded up, and sold out before the ill winds started to blow.
    I really have nothing to lose right now, I'm just sitting back and watching.

It does worth hording for the sack of smaller inventory space and 0 management time.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    I'm pretty sure drop rates are controlled server side. they can change loot drops without needing to patch your cilent. So if those things stack, I doubt there would be a difference between old and new.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • Options
    arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    It'll be the standard Cryptic drop rate for anything of value, a fraction of a %. I highly doubt any Dev will give you a better answer.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    I once won a peridot from Lostmouth.. true story.

But lately , even they seem to be rare =(...

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,252 Arc User

I once won a peridot from Lostmouth.. true story.

But lately , even they seem to be rare =(...

Not surprise. I won a peridot from eCC.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    The drop rate to get a blue MoP from these coffers was already not more than 1 in 100.

Why would you expect the purple ones to be any better?
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    Guys, calm down. GMoPs definitely drop from the coffers, including ones you had collected before the patch.

It's just a low drop rate -- unknown until someone opens up 1000s on preview, but I'd expect it to be around the level of Unified Element drop rate. You don't get one of those every day, do you?

And as for anecdotal evidence, the very first enchanted coffer I opened had a GMoP. The next 61 did not (I didn't save them up, but I have a lot of alts and I run Guard Young Nobles 4x a day).
  • Options

The drop rate to get a blue MoP from these coffers was already not more than 1 in 100.

Why would you expect the purple ones to be any better?

Let's see... if we were to assume that the drop rate was 1%, then opening 300 in a row, the chances that in that set of 300 you wouldn't get a single drop is 4.9%

So, low, but little moreso than the chance of fumbling.

Now, your chance of getting no marks with 1% drop rate on the NEXT 300 ... is also 4.9%.
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    time for resharpening pitchforks and keep torches hotter?
  • Options
    ankabird1ankabird1 Member Posts: 133 Arc User

Could you copy your toons to preview and open them all and share the result with us?
  • Options
    ellodrithellodrith Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 97 Arc User
    400 new enchanted coffers opened since the patch:
    Marks of potency: 2
    Greater Marks of Potency: 0

Now a one character player would get 9 a day if they really pushed it. Months and Months to see A GMOP.

Not sure if this was done on purpose, or bugged, or ??

cheers
    Ello
  • Options
    So I oppened 200+ more enchanted coffers. Still no GMoP.

Bugged or insanely low droprate ??.

I hope devs will respond when they get in tommorow :)
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Not sure about my enchanted coffers count, but this far only a MoP and no GMoP.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    gnarluggnarlug Member Posts: 4 New User
    Hey, can someone help me with this, every time I try to load up neverwinter, it say "Fatal Error: Direct3D driver returned error code (DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED) while checking sync query"
  • Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    I opened 70+ coffers on three toons (saved from before the change); two toons got 1 GMOP, and other toon got 2 MOPs. Think I got lucky this time.