test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch server being DDOS'd?

Comments

• Options
    raistlinmajere00raistlinmajere00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 176 Arc User
    Yup saw the tweet, kinda late but at least it's up there for future players coming in xDD
  • Options
    edviciousedvicious Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    alyrissa said:

its about this time in an mmo that I usually hear folks screaming for some compensation for downtime/lost play time, its great to see the folks playing neverwinter are not like those in playing other mmos

Low expectations
  • Options
    smjester7smjester7 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 89 Arc User
    All dark here as well...

DDOS or Server down?
  • Options
    myles08807myles08807 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 409 Arc User
    "Trying to update the launcher. Please be patient. Tried connecting X times" is all I get. Then "Unable to connect to patch server" warning, and my damned internet connection is just fine. The fact that I'm adding to this thread as my wife is on in the other room with her future sister-in-law in London kinda proves that.
  • Options
    jade456usjade456us Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 32 Arc User
    Getting a DNS issue. Tried going directly to the ip address, server is hard down. Request just times out. :(
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    ellodrith said:

kreatyve said:

I'm talking to Andy (@Strumslinger) about this now. I have no information at this time, other than that they are aware there is an issue.

This is an issue I tried to get addressed months ago. They need to communicate!!!!! Even a single tweet "We know there's a problem, we're looking at it."

It should not be coming from a moderator, but from the Company Staff responsible for the game.

I identified the issue at 6:19 pm PDT. Its now 7:35 PM PDT and we have heard zip.

cheers
    Ello

They sent out a tweet. Before you even said that. But I'll see if I can get Andy to reply here.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    suxip01111suxip01111 Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    Was wondering why it was so quiet tonight, no one could login!
  • Options
    strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    We're aware and are looking into it.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• Options
    ellodrithellodrith Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 97 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

They sent out a tweet. Before you even said that. But I'll see if I can get Andy to reply here.

Thanks
    Ello
  • Options
    scaredstraitscaredstrait Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 42 Arc User
    so i logged off about 2 hours ago and now only get trying to connect to login server 15 times and fail to connect and alot of my guild mates are having the same problem
  • Options
    phasednewtphasednewt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User

According to Neverwinter Twitter it will be down until 6:35 PDT

Thanks for the update
    That was yesterday. I just got "unable to connect to account server when trying to change characters...
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    valwryn said:

I demand FREE Fireworks for my lost playing time. ;)

Send me a mail in game when the servers come back up and I will find some fireworks to send you. :D
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    stabbathstabbath Member Posts: 350 Arc User
    So glad I finally got a girlfriend. I'd be miserable without this game tonight. Ok, i'm still wanting to play bad, but at least I have an almost good alternative.
  • Options
    coliercolier Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 119 Arc User
    I just hope there is no rollback to the time the issue started...finally got an artifact I have been waiting on for along time.
  • Options
    loxlightloxlight Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    valwryn said:

I demand FREE Fireworks for my lost playing time. ;)

I can imagine everyone logging back on, after piling on to the Mods for fireworks as compensation, and en-masse setting them off....and crashing the server again lol

can I has fireworks too? <3
  • Options
    darwinsradiodarwinsradio Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    And I was actually going to play instead of gripe on the forums today...
  • Options
    colier said:

I just hope there is no rollback to the time the issue started...finally got an artifact I have been waiting on for along time.

They won't do rollbacks. They have only done one once in the history of the game, and that was because of a major issue.
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    darlingadarlinga Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    I am able to log into the game, but then it is timing out. and does not load.
  • Options
    flambridgeflambridge Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 191 Arc User
    Oh....DDoS again...

This many hard get 24k with all char....and this continuous hacks dont help my life..... :/
  • Options
    s4c63s4c63 Member Posts: 13 Arc User

Oh....DDoS again...

This many hard get 24k with all char....and this continuous hacks dont help my life..... :/

What the hell does that mean? WTF?
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
  • Options
    rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    valwryn said:

We Should all become Baturday Survivors with a fancy Bat Cape to wear. B)

I am SO down with a batcape.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    krobelus14#4556 krobelus14 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I've been stuck with the Cryptic Launcher Autoupdate.. probably about 3 minuets. It has tried connecting 16 times. Any ideas?
  • Options
    candispiritcandispirit Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    i demand a awesome pony! xD
  • Options
    raistlinmajere00raistlinmajere00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 176 Arc User
    How about another caturday for all the downtime xDDDD keke
  • Options
    neoxyphusneoxyphus Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    Their incident management is like non-existent, this is on Comcast level of suck.
    Casamir
    3K IL WK Sabo TR
    Trying to suck less @ pvp near you
  • Options
    estasia1estasia1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 107 Arc User
    I can't get on game and if I do the lag will probably be there. Why does nobody communicate with us regarding this issue or is it the idoit that calls himself GOD again.
  • Options
    flambridgeflambridge Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 191 Arc User
    s4c63 said:

Oh....DDoS again...

What the hell does that mean? WTF?
    Now (AD changes) need much runs.
    Server falling all time, dont help.... :/

Im need run 6-8 dungeons/pvp per day.