test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch server being DDOS'd?

Comments

• Options
    aquemeni1978aquemeni1978 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 9 Arc User
    #VIPrank12.....best 100$ i have ever spent.
  • Options
    darliraadarliraa Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    lenster25 said:

This Game Is Really Starting To Get On My Nerves!!!!

Same here after being unable to play for over a year. Add the latest changes to AD (which I understand the reasons for), and I'm thinking it's time to find another game, even as much as like Neverwinter.

• Options
    malakut#1916 malakut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    Only those that are trying to re-log or log in. Those that haven't crashed or changed characters are fine. So tell your folks that if they're currently in game to NOT LOG OFF OR GET OFF THAT TOON! For the time being, the Account Servers look like they're refusing new connections but keeping the ones that are on connected.
  • Options
    loxlightloxlight Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I wish a moderator would chime in with some info. Twitter has day old tweets....
  • Options
    lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    if you are already in the game you are fine. its just logging in that is stalling
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • Options
    orozuorozu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 6 Arc User
    i am also haveing this issue :(
  • Options
    dirtimus78dirtimus78 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I was in game. But when I left a map, it stuck patching.
  • Options
    ellodrithellodrith Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 97 Arc User
    lwedar said:

if you are already in the game you are fine. its just logging in that is stalling

As long as you don't change to an area that requires patching, at which point, the game will lock up and require a Task Manager shutdown to close it.

Cheers
    Ello
  • Options
    thorfin0095thorfin0095 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10 Arc User
    alyrissa said:

this is near the end of my day here so not a big deal, I feel bad for those folks that start their playing time around now

I tried to start my playing time around 8 pm eastern and could not log in at all.. :(

• Options
    coliercolier Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 119 Arc User
    Same issue, was experiencing very slow load times going into dungeons. I decided to log out and reset my connection..now I can't get back in at all.
  • Options
    rosewhitefalconrosewhitefalcon Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    It would be nice if someone from the Arc team would kindly update us. We understand that S&*% happens but making us put our own pcs (or xboxes) through a whole soaping up when it's on their end is kinda lame.
  • Options
    baronstragenbaronstragen Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    @strumslinger Are you hearing this?
    Varric the Cursed Dwarven cursed to be Tiefling CW
    Original Serenity Mostly Retired DC
    Tokarek Bearded Dwarven OP Tankadin
    JuiceHead Goofy Human GWF
    Member of H3llzWarriors and Limitless.
  • Options
    candispiritcandispirit Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    yeah, ive checked everywhere. no updates from anyone
  • Options
    mictacmictac Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I swear the ddos excuse starts sounding like a scape goat to any mess up.
  • Options
    charmagmacharmagma Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    What a top notch organization.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    I'm talking to Andy (@Strumslinger) about this now. I have no information at this time, other than that they are aware there is an issue.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    dysmul1dysmul1 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Maybe an announcement or a twitter update would be in order, Kreatyve?
  • Options
    raistlinmajere00raistlinmajere00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 176 Arc User
    That's just splendid. Spent 5 hours straight working on a paper and wanted to play a bit. Guess not.. :(
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    I'd figure Strummy was still at the nearsest Firehouse drinking from their waterhoses after those peppers he ate!!! :p
  • Options
    loxlightloxlight Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

I'm talking to Andy (@Strumslinger) about this now. I have no information at this time, other than that they are aware there is an issue.

Thank you for letting us know you are there. I was worried we wouldn't see a moderator or admin for a few more hours. Please keep us updated on how things are progressing. :smiley:
  • Options
    saskdaddysaskdaddy Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    sonic666 said:

im trying to understand if everyone is having trouble or just us here.

It is not your internet. It is not your computer. The server is being DDOS attacked, and it effects everyone. Not only for this game, but for other games running through ARC. So no, it is not 'just you'.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    I merged all the threads about it, so hopefully people can find them all, sorry if the info in the merged threads is repetitive.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    And... Andy just sent out the tweet.
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    xatmo99xatmo99 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
  • Options
    tigliontiglion Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10 Arc User
    Guess it's a good thing I got all my invoking in for the day, looks like I'm not getting back in anytime soon.
  • Options
    aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    I can't even get to the patcher
  • Options
    ellodrithellodrith Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 97 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

This is an issue I tried to get addressed months ago. They need to communicate!!!!! Even a single tweet "We know there's a problem, we're looking at it."

It should not be coming from a moderator, but from the Company Staff responsible for the game.

I identified the issue at 6:19 pm PDT. Its now 7:35 PM PDT and we have heard zip.

cheers
    Ello

• Options
    mictacmictac Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    way to make the returning player like myself want to just leave again *clap clap*
  • Options
    alyrissaalyrissa Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    its about this time in an mmo that I usually hear folks screaming for some compensation for downtime/lost play time, its great to see the folks playing neverwinter are not like those in playing other mmos