test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Duo epic temple of the spider

etelgrinetelgrin Member Posts: 1,611 Arc User
edited September 2015 in PvE Discussion
Me and my buddy went to do duo epic temple of the spider yesterday, you can watch it here:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=xV3Luq694V8

Pug Panther - PvP SW until module 16 Undermountain

Youtube Channel
Scourge Warlock Haven - Legacy Build Videos - PvP Content - Other Features.

R.I.P

Comments

• Options
    laderlader Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 48 Arc User
    :)
  • Options
    dsn1118dsn1118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    Great keep posting these and the devs who wont play their games except God Mode will think game is too easy
  • Options
    klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    Ok, I'm seeing times when you're double critted for 80k and 70k and your health bar is not moving, no temporary HP and no personal shields either, what's happening there?
  • Options
    rick4003rick4003 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    Ya warlock and Paladin are two very complimentary classes with skills and buffs.
  • Options
    tomiotartomiotar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 227 Arc User
    From minute 10:05 to 10:15 its an impresive amount of damage you take and your HP just dont move a bit, I guess having a paladin with you truely make you inmortal.
  • Options
    locksanpocketslocksanpockets Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 111 Arc User
    How did they get in with just 2 players?
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    The game is too easy. Even without that group combo. I know a BiS GWF who has soloed etos and I have 2 manned egwd with a 2k group with a pally. You can probably do 3k 2 man with gf and dc.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    you ask people to log in and drop out but not leave party.

• Options
    bbullisbbullis Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I would really like to know their true TIL...and see the equipment they have. So many people are saying how easy the game is but, for some of us that have not been playing long and are now just starting to gear up, it is not that easy running these dungeons. The real problem is there is not enough Higher level content to challenge these high IL's of so many characters these days. And to make it more challenging for the characters is to only hurt newer players that have not played long enough to obtain some of this gear. The true fix would be to add difficulty levels on all these dungeons whether Standard or Epic. I am sure this has been suggested before.

Anyways, congrats to you both for the run, someday I hope to do the same :)
  • Options

The game is too easy. Even without that group combo. I know a BiS GWF who has soloed etos and I have 2 manned egwd with a 2k group with a pally. You can probably do 3k 2 man with gf and dc.

Broken one is the pally.We entered the egwd today with 2k+ full group some of us were 3k+ (DC,GF,2 SW and 1 CW)DPS was awesome but couldnt handle the mobs for the first 2 times.Because GF doesnt have the ability to suck up rest of the parties damage to itself.One jump from one of the boss or mobs and dpsers are down and killed wih 2nd hit.Then DC then other dps,Then the rest of the team
  • Options
    etelgrin said:

I don't think SW and OP are really complimentary but Im sure that whats happening here would be impossible to do with GF even with alot better gear.

SW and OP are complimentary because SW can reflect the damage to its enemy and OP is keeping it alive with sucking up the damage

• Options
    edited September 2015
    dsn1118 said:

Broken one is the pally.We entered the egwd today with 2k+ full group some of us were 3k+ (DC,GF,2 SW and 1 CW)DPS was awesome but couldnt handle the mobs for the first 2 times.Because GF doesnt have the ability to suck up rest of the parties damage to itself.One jump from one of the boss or mobs and dpsers are down and killed wih 2nd hit.Then DC then other dps,Then the rest of the team
    @dsn1118
    The game is too easy, I have done egwd and ecc with a full 2k group where players were actually 2k and did not take off gear and we finished all the bosses. You can see videos of eCC in my guide in my signature. Both with pallies and without. In eCC we did it with no wipes 4 man on last boss with no pallies and in eGWD we did it with ony 1 wipe due to stupid mistakes on our part. At the end of the day, if you build your characters correctly and you play smart, the dungeons in mod 7 are a cakewalk and tbh, I feel they should be made harder.

Mod 6, that was a challenge. Spent hours relearning the dungeons in mod 6 before we could get it to no wipe runs.
  • Options
    I cant see your signature but I am really interested with your eGWD run
  • Options
    icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    If you think this game is too easy, you should try PvP... no more whacking brainless mobs, but with real people that could out skill/out smart/ out gear you... :O
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • Options
    ssinafeyssinafey Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    bbullis said:

I would really like to know their true TIL...and see the equipment they have. So many people are saying how easy the game is but, for some of us that have not been playing long and are now just starting to gear up, it is not that easy running these dungeons. The real problem is there is not enough Higher level content to challenge these high IL's of so many characters these days. And to make it more challenging for the characters is to only hurt newer players that have not played long enough to obtain some of this gear. The true fix would be to add difficulty levels on all these dungeons whether Standard or Epic. I am sure this has been suggested before.

Anyways, congrats to you both for the run, someday I hope to do the same :)

Problem of new players isnt the gear, but their lack if ability and skills to make proper build and enchants/rune choice.

Besides, really broken combo is pally+gf, they just dont take dmg, ever, lol.
  • Options
    gomok72gomok72 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    Don't worry, Paladin bubbles won't be as "KING" as they are now, enjoy it while it last, fellas.
    And on a note, SW are trying to get a buff, so your not helping further that cause, with these types of videos, man.
    I may not be considered by most the BEST PVP Warlock on the server but, I am the most HATED amongst them.

-Kymos
  • Options
    ssinafeyssinafey Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    gomok72 said:

Don't worry, Paladin bubbles won't be as "KING" as they are now, enjoy it while it last, fellas.
    And on a note, SW are trying to get a buff, so your not helping further that cause, with these types of videos, man.

Again, you are missing the point. The point in the video is to send a msg to all those players who have no idea how to build their characters to get their butts off the "wallet warriors" hate train and do somehting productive, like for example look into the feats, skills and combos they can do to improve their gameplay, insteed of crying left and right mod 7 and difficulty raise is pure evil.

As for SW, their hidden nerf was rightfully deserved. When SW with no real enchants and stuff can take Syndrith in eToS on 3 hits, that clearly shows that their stacking of % bonuses is kinda broken.
    (not talking about video, talking from my own experience about 3-hit kill on her)
  • Options
    oliboypholiboyph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 627 Arc User
    Nice, way to flaunt in front of us who now realize we have to grind one 15 minute content for 10 hours a day for Months just get one mythic artifact. I guess there's just no place for us below new players in this game.
    "As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann[/quote]
  • Options
    oliboypholiboyph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    ssinafey said:

As for SW, their hidden nerf was rightfully deserved. When SW with no real enchants and stuff can take Syndrith in eToS on 3 hits, that clearly shows that their stacking of % bonuses is kinda broken.
    (not talking about video, talking from my own experience about 3-hit kill on her)

I have to agree with this, I have OP and SW, they are much3x easier to use in PVE compared to any other class.

"As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann[/quote]
  • Options
    dsn1118 said:

I cant see your signature but I am really interested with your eGWD run

We didn't record it, because there are already guides for the other two dungeons. If there is anyone really in need of those videos for whatever reason, I could probably arrange for a repeat run through though.
  • Options
    boom782boom782 Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Any chance you can ask your paladin buddy to post his build @etelgrin ?

I have a guild mate who is struggling with his pally. We tried ToS with a full group of Pally, CW, GWF, Hunter, and Cleric and we struggled occasionally and never got end boss below 60%. He is already about to give up on his Paladin because he isn't able to tank as well as he thought. His iLvl is about 2700 too and the rest of us are between 2400-3000 so we shouldn't have struggled as much as we did but he would often drop in the blink of an eye and his HP is at around 120k.
  • Options
    sangrinesangrine Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 575 Arc User
    boom782 said:

I have a guild mate who is struggling with his pally. We tried ToS with a full group of Pally, CW, GWF, Hunter, and Cleric and we struggled occasionally and never got end boss below 60%. He is already about to give up on his Paladin because he isn't able to tank as well as he thought. His iLvl is about 2700 too and the rest of us are between 2400-3000 so we shouldn't have struggled as much as we did but he would often drop in the blink of an eye and his HP is at around 120k.

Tell the Cleric to use "Break the Spirit" on the boss.
    Tier IV Break the Spirit should decrease boss damage by 50%, according to tooltip.
    Cleric's job is not only to heal, but to also reduce incoming damage.
    In most situations, reducing incoming damage is more beneficial than healing because all classes have the ability to self-heal, either via healing abilities or via lifesteal.

Tell everyone in the party to stay inside the OP and DC circles.
    Ideally, players should always stay near either the healer or tank.
    Players who fight little spiders alone are in danger of being killed.
  • Options
    ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User

96.74% of the playerbase will disagree with you on that factor.

• Options
    cesukecesuke Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    My respects man i am a Tr and i even dream in something like that...
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    Last night, I saw a paladin holding a Supply Node from 4-5 people from Absolute (AKA people who know how to pvp and are almost all BIS). The paladin (who may even be the one in the video), basically toyed with the attackers, and only once started to actually lost health (I think he went AFK for a sec, because he quickly recovered his temp HP and shields). I half expected him to start dancing.

Fun to see people trying this stuff again. This says to me that the dungeons are about right. 2 people that are well geared or very knowledgeable of their classes (and their classes are complimentary), should be able to duo stuff like this. Kudos on that.

I'm fine if they want to make harder content for those in the higher gear range, but make it so its harder to figure out, not just "You missed, one shot dead, game over, 15 minutes of boss fight wasted". Even WoW doesn't do that, and you can even Rez mid combat there (at least you could). The Mod6 content was simply that - jack up the HP, jack up the damage, call it a day. That wasn't fun. Make things where you need to figure out what to do, not just avoid damage pitfalls. VT is a great example of this.

Course in the end, everyone wants to do all content with as little effort as possible...so the devs just need to figure out: are there making the game for the hardcore, or the casuals?
  • Options
    flyingleonflyingleon Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    It is not easy to get gears even at current difficulties. 400 -600 seals is only minor part for dragonflight armors. There are also fangs. I play regularly, I don't even get full elven set yet.

Join the Greycloaks

Ana-GWF SM Destroyer | Farseer-CW MoF Renegade | Leon-GF SM Tactician
    Adrik Battlefate-DC DO Virtuous | Cassi Woodsheart-HR PF Trapper