test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

lvl 70 for Vault of the Nine?

2»

Comments

• santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    drkbodhi said:

No you dont have to be 70. I just got the quest for my 65 GWF. You do the 'friends in high places' quest and LP sends you to IWD. I grabbed 2 guildies and we did it together.​​

Where do you get "Friends in High Places". Sgt Knox? I haven't been offered it yet (lvl 62) Did you do it after Thursday?
  • dufistodufisto Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    how the heck are you supposed to do the lvl+ 60 skirmishs if you cant unlock shar and dread. and why is there still lvl 60 gear on the vendors.

i can understand making a decision to gate those places. but follow through on implementing them properly.
  • zaarezaare Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I can confirm this is BROKEN for fresh 60's. I am a new player who just started with the stronghold patch and just hit 60 with my first character on Friday.. I can't get any of these quests and my guildies who leveled a few days before me all have them. Before we figured out what was going on I opened a ticket and it was DELETED with no GM response. I regret spending any money on this game and feel now like this was a waste of my time. My character is now seriously behind the rest of everyone in my guild and I am now deciding if I want to try and grind or just quit. This is not acceptable to me that the Devs would make such a huge change with NO WARNING and hide it behind an ambiguous statement like what was included in the patch notes.
  • sebastian101979sebastian101979 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    This is a terrible change. Because of it you've divided half my guild. The half that already have access to the content and the half that didn't make it in time. Had us very excited for Stronghold and now you've basically killed content 60-69.

Thanks for nothing.
    The Enclave Order, a mature gaming community.
    enclaveorder.com
  • jrfbrunetjrfbrunet Member Posts: 388 Arc User
    drkbodhi said:

No you dont have to be 70. I just got the quest for my 65 GWF. You do the 'friends in high places' quest and LP sends you to IWD. I grabbed 2 guildies and we did it together.​​

You must not have been a "fresh 60"

I can confirm the discrepancy/mistake between old 60s and fresh 60s:
    I had a lvl 60 toon (my DC) that had unlocked IWD a year ago, and then sat unplayed. When I logged in to see about the Vault of the Nine quest, all I had to do was go to IWD and talk to Jarlaxle. If you guys remember, previously, the lvl 60 toon had to do unlock most of Sharandar and Dread Ring to get the quest from Sgt Knox before being allowed to go to IWD. No unlocking of campaigns necessary anymore. However, the still current requirement of unlocking IWD exists - the difference now is simply that the toon must be lvl 70 to unlock IWD.
    Alas, I just finished lvling my GWF to 60 and thought I could just run to IWD. Nope. Gotta lvl him to 70 first.
    Where'd my blinky-blinky path go?
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    The requirement to get to Vault of the 9 is not changed. You need two characters to reach IWD.

The requirement to reach IWD was changed:

mod 5: level 60 + enough boons from either Sharandar or D.Ring.
    mod 6 and early mod 7: level 60
    current mod 7: level 70.

The text in the game:
    mod 5: the old text reflected what needed to be done.
    mod 6 and early mod 7: the text reflected what needed to be done.
    current mod 7: the text was not updated.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    Does anyone know if purchasing the "Icewind Dale Campaign Completion" from the Zen store on a fresh 60 will unlock access to IWD?
    I see this as the only current workaround to get your vault of the nine quests, other than actually spending days/weeks lvling the fresh 60 all the way to 70.
    Worth it? How long till PWE changes the quest giver location to somewhere a fresh 60 can access Jarlaxle?
    Is PWE intentionally leaving this bug in because of said workaround?
    jrfbrunet said:

Does anyone know if purchasing the "Icewind Dale Campaign Completion" from the Zen store on a fresh 60 will unlock access to IWD?
    I see this as the only current workaround to get your vault of the nine quests, other than actually spending days/weeks lvling the fresh 60 all the way to 70.
    Worth it? How long till PWE changes the quest giver location to somewhere a fresh 60 can access Jarlaxle?

Well, I'm doing the trek to 70 anyways, levelling a new main. Was put out by not getting my sigil before the *%$# XP wall they have created for that "magic" number. But spending that kind of cash jus to get the sigil? I wouldn't give 'em the cash for shutting you out.
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    I came to NW from STO to get away from the uber grind there because here atleast once i hit 60 i could go to the end game stuff and hack and slash to my hearts content.

But not anymore looks like NW just got the STO treatment for being forced to do the uber grind but remember everyone "This was the best patch ever and the players love it".
    montypython.jpg
  • gromm1gromm1 Member Posts: 47 Arc User

jrfbrunet said:

Well, I'm doing the trek to 70 anyways, levelling a new main. Was put out by not getting my sigil before the *%$# XP wall they have created for that "magic" number. But spending that kind of cash jus to get the sigil? I wouldn't give 'em the cash for shutting you out.
    ...but will it still need boons to get, lvl70 not get in IWD, ZERO boons.

I just turned 70 and have gotten into IWD without boons.

I just turned 70 and have gotten into IWD without boons.

How long did it take you?
    Do guild stronghold quests generally give more XP than the EE zones?
    I spent like a week going through the lvl 60's. I was done with Spinward Rise about half way through 67, eventhough I used some Azures to boost my XP. EE zones give better xp than Stronghold, but you'll need both to finish up. Also, if you didn't finish Whispering Caverns, don't skip it, it will be worth it to have more stuff to do to complete. The 60-70 grind is all about Cryptic selling XP Boosters.