test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

lvl 70 for Vault of the Nine?

gorbad13gorbad13 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
edited September 2015 in PvE Discussion
I thought you only had to have two lvl 60+ characters to be able to get the Vault of the Nine quest? It's worked for all my other characters but when my DC hit 60 just earlier she was unable to go to IWD and the Captain that takes you there say you need to be lvl 70. Have that been changed?
Post edited by zebular on

Comments

• Options
    eyceaethereyceaether Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    They changed Campaign level requirements to level 70. You need to be level 70 to get to IWD, therefore you can't access Vault of the nine until level 70.
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User

They changed Campaign level requirements to level 70. You need to be level 70 to get to IWD, therefore you can't access Vault of the nine until level 70.

They (devs) just never stop with the surprises and slip'n'slide, do they? My alt is in the mid-50's now. Guess I'll wait untill I do my "Vigilance" to see Vault of the Nine.
  • Options
    givearandomnamegivearandomname Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    ya I opened all the camp but iwd on my pally so can still go to the others wish I had opened iwd as I had't got around to doing the vault of nine on her now have to wait till 70 rather depressing considering how long it takes to get there and how little time I have left to level alts by time get all the dam dailies done that takes up 6 to 8 hours of my time
    Namin Soulburner
    NW-DHNVMMGVJ Dragons horde part one.
    http://youtu.be/0KbqTWeJqxc
  • Options
    emmanuelakahigeemmanuelakahige Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Well, this now is sad...
    I also, was leveling two alts to get their Artifacts.
    Hope some dev finally change that quest, how about just put this in PE at the same lvl 60?
    The game in the moment don't need more and more challenges, we have so much to do now.
    And by the way, it wasn't noticed that the quest was changed, i think? I hope that, maybe, they fix this.
  • Options
    theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    It's new, yah. Once they made IWD req 70 since leveling up characters never works it only made sense that you'd need to be 70 to get anything IWD related.
  • Options
    dufistodufisto Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    you can still get to iwd. just not from the skipper. just travel there from the map.
  • Options
    Doesn't work, IWD is grayed out and says not unlocked yet. That was the first thing I tried, even before I went to the captain. I don't even remember seeing this mentioned as a change in patch notes.
  • Options
    darkstarrfoffdarkstarrfoff Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    This is ridiculous. So everyone that already had their sigils gets to keep them (obviously) but all incoming players now have to lvl their alts to 70? Are you HAMSTER kidding? I wouldn't have gotten extra slots had I know that. The quest shouldn't be in IWD if that now requires 70. It is hard enough to level to 70 on one char let alone 2 or 3. I don't care if the quest still requires 60, that wasn't insane like 70. Lvl 60 is something like 1mil XP while 70 is multiple millions. That is crazy and not worth the amount of hours it take to get there just for the Sigil.

It is like you want people to quit playing. Already one guild mate has decided it is easier to get the 800k AD for an alternative artifact than to finish leveling their alt.
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited August 2015

This is ridiculous. So everyone that already had their sigils gets to keep them (obviously) but all incoming players now have to lvl their alts to 70? Are you HAMSTER kidding? I wouldn't have gotten extra slots had I know that. The quest shouldn't be in IWD if that now requires 70. It is hard enough to level to 70 on one char let alone 2 or 3. I don't care if the quest still requires 60, that wasn't insane like 70. Lvl 60 is something like 1mil XP while 70 is multiple millions. That is crazy and not worth the amount of hours it take to get there just for the Sigil.

It is like you want people to quit playing. Already one guild mate has decided it is easier to get the 800k AD for an alternative artifact than to finish leveling their alt.

Eh. I'd say the DC artifact is worth that at least. Although leveling a DC to 70 is painful.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options

It's new, yah. Once they made IWD req 70 since leveling up characters never works it only made sense that you'd need to be 70 to get anything IWD related.

Like I said, slip'n'slide. Why did they leave IWD at 60 in the first place? What was the point in changing it now??
  • Options
    eyceaethereyceaether Member Posts: 146 Arc User
  • Options
    Do you mean this line: Campaign: Now properly state that they require level 70 instead of level 60. ?

That seems to be the only thing that might be that, but it's not exactly spelling out that Vo9 is suddenly gated at lvl 70 instead of 60. I'm fine with having to be lvl 70 to do IWD, it's not like you can realistically do it earlier anyway, but I don't know why that have anything to do with Vo9. And the jump from needing lvl 60 to needing 70 is pretty significant, especially if we are talking alts.

• Options
    So are Dread Ring and Sharandar now lvl 70 zones? Having just reached 60 on my alt, I guess I'll go see what the level of the month is....
  • Options
    gorbad13 said:

Do you mean this line: Campaign: Now properly state that they require level 70 instead of level 60. ?

That seems to be the only thing that might be that, but it's not exactly spelling out that Vo9 is suddenly gated at lvl 70 instead of 60. I'm fine with having to be lvl 70 to do IWD, it's not like you can realistically do it earlier anyway, but I don't know why that have anything to do with Vo9. And the jump from needing lvl 60 to needing 70 is pretty significant, especially if we are talking alts.

If you have to read patch notes every week because of game mechanics shylocks, then the game is more of a job.
  • Options
    caewincaewin Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    gorbad13 said:

I'm assuming you know this, but let's do a quick recap anyway for those who might not. In order to get the Vault of the Nine quest, you have to talk to someone in IWD. You don't have to fight anything, you never have to leave the town. You come through the travel gate, find a guy in an inn, and get the first step of the quest from him. That's perfectly reasonable for someone level 60 to do. It's also very hard to do when you can't travel there.

When mod 6 came out, Sharandar, DR, and IWD became level 70 zones. But. Level 60 characters could still travel to those zones.

Add this to the ways newer players and characters are getting the short end of the stick. There are some very good fixes in that latest patch. This was not one of them.
  • Options
    zukn75zukn75 Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Yep I think was incompetence rather than design,basicly everyone forgot the VoT9 quest starter was in IWD.The solution is simply to move the Dark Elf mercenary (Jarlaxe?) to the Driftwood Inn in PE and alter his text. While it's more fun to rage and suspect evil Devs, HAMSTER-ups are more common than conspiracy.
  • Options
    emmanuelakahigeemmanuelakahige Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Well, for me, it was clearly a mistake too, i don't think that they planned to change that quest, the curiosity is, why we could enter those areas before and now it have to be only for the max lvl?
    Looks like an unfair thing for new players that might want to have theirs alts, at last to get those Artifacts that everyone got in a more fair way in the past, i'm also thinking the same about the boons, because now, some boons are just an endgame thing to do, because now, some areas are just insane even for some max lvl players.
    So basically, in my opinion, they need to study that kind of changes very well, because it can turn in something very unfair just like now, and a i'm not sure that this doesn't will come back again in some moment later.
  • Options
    I saw that the notes "states that" but it nowhere discusses enforcement. Patch notes aren't much different from their tooltips in terms of precision.
  • Options
    tiger313tiger313 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15 Arc User
    I know people have strong opinions about this... but I am curious about the response from Perfect World/Cryptic. Please let us know what the plan is for this.
  • Options
    fastburn86fastburn86 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    got the same issue.
    last week my friend got level 60, and do the quest a chill wind. and his ICW map unlocks because of the quest.
    yesterday, i hit level 60 with my GWF, and im happy coz i can now get the class artifact for my TR which is already level 70. but since yesterday i hit level 60 with my GWF, no a chill wind quest appear on sgt knox, i got confused and thought that maybe its a bug issue again. but when i read this forum awhile ago, i already understand, and sad to admit, i now need to get my GWF to level 70 just to have the class artifact for my TR. tsk3x.! so unfair i think.
  • Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    tousseau said:

DR and Sharandar boons have now effectively been denied to fresh 60s?

No. You can get the boons if you can complete the tasks. Pretty hard for fresh 60's without grouping. Possible to solo near 70.

• Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    gorbad13 said:

I thought you only had to have two lvl 60+ characters to be able to get the Vault of the Nine quest? It's worked for all my other characters but when my DC hit 60 just earlier she was unable to go to IWD and the Captain that takes you there say you need to be lvl 70. Have that been changed?

I got a DC to 60 two weeks ago. I don't remember exactly how I got in IWD, maybe a quest from Sgt Knox. But at level 67, DC can still enter IWD. So I don't think they are preventing sub-70's from entering.

• Options
    drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    No you dont have to be 70. I just got the quest for my 65 GWF. You do the 'friends in high places' quest and LP sends you to IWD. I grabbed 2 guildies and we did it together.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance