test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

We're your fake wizard friends from the PC version! Ask us anything about CWs!

Comments

• fallengodlokifallengodloki Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Hello zerg and other pc cw chaps! How's the testing for mod 7 going? Zerg, Did you ever finish your testing from mod 6, have you figured out what new armor set benefits us the most? I remember you were also testing the spellstorm changes and was trying out new enchantments other than vorpal, has that bore any fruit?

Any other changes to note, since we get the EE update in 7 days?

I mainly lurk on reddit, so I decided to take a peek at the forums for a change (ran out of reading material).
  • dreadkissdreadkiss Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    @fallengodloki so im hearing cw will either run a terror or perfect vorpal still
    SS CW/iron vanguard GWF
    Legacy/Kevlar
    Look Good Play Good
    STREAMING NEVERWINTER DAILY 7:00PM -2:00AM TWITCH ID: MHHAVOC
    LOVE TAKING CHALLENGES COME FIND ME IN I.W.D.
    Alright so I should invest in getting a terror then.
  • romotheoneromotheone Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 729 Arc User
    @fallengodloki I wouldn't recommend getting a terror. Stick to your Vorpal or if you really feel like boosting your group's damage, get a Plague Fire. Plague Fire stacks need to be maintained at 3 stacks, where a Terror only has to be applied once. CWs have many ways of applying multiple stacks of Plague Fire's defense reduction, leave the Terror to the tanks or clerics.
  • boom782boom782 Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    SOB did I just read that you now have to be lvl 70 to get the Vault of 9 quest and get your artifact? I'm going to be PISSED if I just leveled a cleric up to 60 for nothing. @ironzerg79 @romotheone Anyone able to confirm?
    Post edited by boom782 on
    edited September 2015
    @boom782 My lvl 65 HR was able to enter IWD and accept the quest from the NPC, I was even able to enter the Vault of the Nine map and start the quest. Mobs there are lvl 70, so I wasn't able to complete it. But as of now, I can accept the quest and enter the instance as a lvl 65.
    why in the world is the intellect devourer a good companion it only gives u 22-50 points ......
    SS CW/iron vanguard GWF
    Legacy/Kevlar
    Look Good Play Good
  • blindmonkeyzblindmonkeyz Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    22 to 50 pts of what? A companion isnt about stat points to build your item level or gear score. its about the benefits of its bonuses it gives you
    XB One
    LGPG Alliance
    Reagents of Death - Leader
    CW - Phoenix lvl 70 4034 (Main)
    GF - Spectre lvl 70 4012 (Main)
    GWF - Ice lvl 70 4010 (Main)
    SW - Zor lvl 70 3230 (Main)
    OP - Box lvl 70 3002 (Retired)

PS4
    Look Good Play Good
    GWF - Ice lvl 70 3875 (Main)
    GF - Spectre lvl 70 2669 (Alt)

• ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    dreadkiss said:

why in the world is the intellect devourer a good companion it only gives u 22-50 points ......

It's because of the +% to combat advantage damage. If you can maintain constant combat advantage, like a Renegade CW can, it's one of the highest damage boost active companions in the game, especially at epic.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    boom782 said:

SOB did I just read that you now have to be lvl 70 to get the Vault of 9 quest and get your artifact? I'm going to be PISSED if I just leveled a cleric up to 60 for nothing.

Yes, it was changed so that only level 70 characters could enter IWD. I would definitely finish the quest to get your Vault of the Nine class artifact on your cleric before the new content drops.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
    @ironzerg79 if i decide not to get a sigil for my cw what is best 4 i can buy i currently have legendary heart of blue dragon, lengendary lantern, legendary belilals portal stone
    SS CW/iron vanguard GWF
    Legacy/Kevlar
    Look Good Play Good
    Well, you could try to get the Lostmauth's Horn of Blasting and use the set for the insane set bonus...but it could be nerfed any time. Or not. Who knows?

It's tough for me to recommend it for that reason.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • boom782boom782 Member Posts: 183 Arc User

boom782 said:

SOB did I just read that you now have to be lvl 70 to get the Vault of 9 quest and get your artifact? I'm going to be PISSED if I just leveled a cleric up to 60 for nothing.

Yes, it was changed so that only level 70 characters could enter IWD. I would definitely finish the quest to get your Vault of the Nine class artifact on your cleric before the new content drops.
    Finish the quest? What quest exactly? We do not have access to IWD yet but is there something else we can do now to allow us to get it before we hit 70?
    Shoot...I forgot about that part :(
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
    edited September 2015
    @ironzerg79 I'm planning on getting horn of blasting and kessels sphere of annihilation with current heart of blue dragon maybe sigil of the controller and replacing belials. If the Lostmouth set is nerfed how bad will
    It hurt the set for the cw
    SS CW/iron vanguard GWF
    Legacy/Kevlar
    Look Good Play Good
  • jccsellsjccsells Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    What about changes to our feats trees? They added a 5th column, so at 60 without redoing the entire spec we have lost our last row plus the final choice.
    Also are people making big changes since the nerf?

Only been playing jus under a month and had just reached just under 13k GS. Now no dungeons or Skirmishes to farm and no Tia raids to really keep improving it. In fact I couldn't even solo ghost stories anymore. It's just a little frustrating that I had finally gotten my first dread templar piece, and now it is going to be a while before I can work on completing the set. My T2 gear doesn't seem to be as good as the basic stuff, until I lose my 2 set bonuses.
    Any advice?
    Thanks!!
    It's not. Just grab level 61+ gear and work your way to 70. Once you get to 70, the game really opens up again.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
    testing the lostmouth set on my cw but unsure ....
    SS CW/iron vanguard GWF
    Legacy/Kevlar
    Look Good Play Good
    @ironzerg79 I'm not much into gimmicky set bonuses that can be nerfed at any time, and I much prefer the +cha bonus I get from my outdated artifact belt.

What artifact neck and belt (incase something better than the Cha belt exisits) would you recomend for mixing and matching or as a set other than Lostmauth?
    edited September 2015
    @dreadkiss I don't think there is anything to be unsure about. The lostmauth set is insanely good, only drawback could be the incoming nerf, but that's just a rumor.

This is an Action Combat Tracker parse, breaking down damage dealt into different sources. The lostmauth set here accounted for 37% of my dps. I was playing a MoF CW here, using Icy Terrain, Steal Time, Conduit of Ice and Fanning the Flame slotted into spell mastery. Obviously an SS CW's lostmauth values would be lower because Storm Spell takes up a bigger portion of the overall damage dealt, but it's only slightly less effective. For an SS CW, lostmauth set accounts for about 20-25% of the total damage.

Also, here is some eye-candy for you guys:

SS CW with Abyss of Chaos and Lightning weapon enchant
    http://gfycat.com/WindyFirsthandAddax
    Pretty sick there. I have 2 of the 3 Lostmauth pieces. Also just picked up a perfect plague fire for 700k. Not sure if i want to keep it or not. Looks pretty cool though. So if the Lostmauth set gets nerfed is the Valindra belt and Imperial cloak the 2 pieces to get? someone just traded me the belt. so i am thinking of holding onto it just in case.
    XB One
    LGPG Alliance

PS4
    Look Good Play Good

edited September 2015
    Even if the lostmauth set gets nerfed, it has to be a pretty heavy nerf for the set to not be worth using anymore. It still gives you valuable stats, like power and armor pen. Question is, can the 2 cha / 2 int bonus from the valindra set compete with what remains of the lostmauth set's damage? For now, I would ignore the +15% control bonus, not to mention the +10% control resistance. Unless you go full control, I don't see a reason to invest into control at all, because it usually happens at the cost of damage. In my opinion, the current content does not require a full control CW because you are going to be able to outgear(outdamage) content pretty soon.
    Very nice. is the Perfect Plague fire worth keeping and using and upgrading? I hear CW using different enchants, The Vorpal of course and Lightning.
    XB One
    LGPG Alliance

PS4
    Look Good Play Good

so your saying that mof is better ???
    SS CW/iron vanguard GWF
    Legacy/Kevlar
    Look Good Play Good
    dreadkiss said:

so your saying that mof is better ???

@dreadkiss No. MoF just gets more out of the set effect. The damage is also higher because other sources just don't do as much damage as Storm Spell would.
  • trishleytrishley Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Greetings, I was hoping to get some guidance on two issues:

-What is considered to be the best armor set for a lvl 70 Renegade MoF? I've read that Elemental Dragon Flight was the way to go from one source and another completely refuted it saying that it wasn't worth the hassle of black ice shaping. Or is my information completely wrong and that it doesn't even require Black Ice Shaping at all? For the moment, I am still trying to get my ArmPen up to 60%. I'm a newish 70 at 45% ArmPen.

-Any final word on best on tab for a MoF? FtF or CoI

any opinions welcome
    Thanks!
    Dragonflight is purchased for Protector's Seals and Dragon Fangs. The fangs are earned by killing multiple dragons in the dragonflight event in SH. Black Ice shaping will provide a very tiny boost to the armor stats by empowering it to the Elemental version. In my opinion, unless you have a lot of extra resources, this boost isn't really worth it.

But if you're a new 70, here's some advice on gearing up. It's for my Spellstorm build, but should be applicable to MoF builds.

i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • opalsunsopalsuns Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    About the comment on Terror, and this applies to PvP.

I use a Transcendent Terror in PvP and I have personally found this to be extremely effective vs the Vorpal for 5v5 Dom with our 5 man premade.

As far as me, I am almost always top of the leader board for kills in every match, and have found no limitations to using my Terror vs my Vorpal in 5v5 Dom.

I am running a high crit renegade build.

However in open world 1v1 requests, Vorpal is imo better against certain classes. For those I swap my Terror for the Vorpal.
    CW SS
    opalsuns
    Paragon Gaming

zerg's build is extremely effective for pve.... but for pvp not so much you need to change a bunch of things
    SS CW/iron vanguard GWF
    Legacy/Kevlar
    Look Good Play Good
  • katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    Zergs build is hands down one of the best, if not the best, that I've seen on the internet. The thought and reasoning reflected in his statements and approach reflect a higher degree of wisdom and experience than others. While not directly compatible with MoF, there is enough in common to make the tweaks just that.

With MoF, critchance is going to be the priority. Getting it over 50% is where effort should be put first. I recommend phantasmal destruction over nightmare wizardry. You can get combat advantage fairly easy and 15% additional critsev is great. Eye of storm should be substituted with critical conflagration. 20% additional critsev is a good thing. I would recommend reapers touch over critical power for dealing with melee classes. Personally, I prefer scorching burst to chilling cloud. It's a quick way to get smolder going for DoT and it's easy to refresh smolder with a cold attack. There's a choice to be made when going with scorching burst or chilling cloud. Arcane burst or energy recovery. Keep in mind a few extra hitpoints or stacks of arcane mastery can have a considerable effect on how effective your particular tactics and strategies are.

Zerg's build is the best one currently up-to-date online. There are a couple of other builds that can keep up with zergs build, and even out damage it in specific circumstances, but no guides have been written yet for these specs, mostly because it takes forever to write a guide XD​​
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker