test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Strongholds Preview Patch Notes NW.50.20150819a.1

panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer

Combat and Balance
  • Corrected an issue that caused enemies to apply their armor penetration incorrectly. Additionally this fix will prevent incorrect stacking of enemy armor penetration.
  • Stronghold Temple description now more accurately reflects that it reduces Revive Sickness duration.

Audio
  • Updated voice overs for Stronghold content.

Content and Environment
  • Oathbound Paladins without a Paragon Path now count as DPS for the purposes of queues instead of none. This would often put them into inappropriate groups.
  • Strongholds
    1. Fixed an issue where players would get stuck on the Campaign dailies if they had purchased a token to complete the campaign.
    2. Fixed an issue where some enemies in Heroic Encounters were still dropping normal loot. This does not affect any of the final rewards given out by the Heroic Encounters."
    3. My Only Enemy is Time now requires players to be level 70 to acquire the quest.
    4. Resolved several text errors throughout all the Strongholds content.
    5. Spider Attack!: should no longer be overlapped by the Lumberyard Tutorial Heroic Encounter.
    6. Time Trial: Outer stronghold now requires players to be level 70 to acquire the quest.

Items and Economy
  • An issue has been resolved wherein burning equipment was salvaging for less than intended.
  • An issue has been resolved wherein elemental burning equipment was salvaging for less than intended.
  • An issue has been resolved wherein grim equipment was salvaging for less than intended.
  • Chicken companion Legendary power now properly works.
  • Influence: Resolved an issue where players could not claim Influence or other rewards from certain Heroic Encounters.
  • Influence: The daily cooldown for how much Influence a player can earn will trigger at 3:00 AM, regardless of when a player earned their first Influence reward during the day.
  • Radiant Enchantment Rank 12 now properly grants +20% gold gain.
  • Resolved Glory donation issue where player deposit was divided by 100. Guild Marks are still reward at 1/100 Glory donated.
  • Resolved an issue wherein black ice shaping recipes for elemental dragonflight and lionsmane armor required already upgraded armor.
  • Stronghold Food
    1. An eating animation has been added when consuming stronghold food. This animation can be canceled by moving.
    2. Is now Bound to Account on Pickup, changed from Bound on Pickup.
    3. Now has a recharge timer of 5 seconds to reduce chances of accidental consumption.
  • Stronghold overload enchantments or ""marks"" are now Bind on Pickup, changed from Bind on Equip."
  • The dialog on the salvage traders Hieronymous Glim and Fordan Walksfar in Protector's Enclave and Caer-Konig respectively has been updated to more accurately reflect the conditions under which equipment may be salvaged.
  • VIP rank 1 description has been updated to include the Dungeon Key it gives every day.

Performance and Stability
  • Resolved a crash with some Intel video chipsets when trying to load the game.
  • Resolved several game client crashes when resizing the game window.
  • Resolved several game client crashes when the game was manipulating character portraits and models in the UI.
  • Throttled down the speed at which requests were being sent to the video driver during shader loading. This should help reduce crashes on many lower end video cards and have minimal impact on higher end cards.
  • Updates to the performance and stability for FX using animations and costumes.

User Interface
  • Campaign: Now properly state that they require level 70 instead of level 60.
  • Golden Path is now more reliable when you have two quests with similar names.
  • Power, Artifact, Potion and Mount trays: the "Held" chains are now only drawn if the power is actually also unusable.
  • Professions: The window has had some adjustment to prevent 'bouncing' and 'wiggling' of elements in some cases.
  • Professions: Adjusted the layout to required resources in tasks to reduce how squished the text of some elements could look.
  • Stronghold Coffer: There is a new log in the guild window that shows what guild members have donated.
  • Stronghold Plots: Resolved an issue where the time to upgrade a structure shown in the confirmation window wasn't being shown correctly (it was being shown as always 0).
  • There is now an option in the power window to apply a free respec when one or more of the characters powers are not in a good state. This would manifest as powers not being purchasable or VIP powers not being usable.

Comments

• panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    This will begin to be posted to the Preview server starting at 4pm.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Should add timezone for daily Influence gain so that players are not confused thinking it will be 3am their local time.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    Well it is the usual server reset time.

Is the ArP correction related to the issues with DR in Epic Dungeons?
    I haven't seen anything of this nature outside of Epics so, I'm a bit unclear as to what is being mentioned as being fixed.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    *snip*

Is the ArP correction related to the issues with DR in Epic Dungeons?
    I haven't seen anything of this nature outside of Epics so, I'm a bit unclear as to what is being mentioned as being fixed.

We believe it is. It might have been possible for this to happen in cases outside of Epic Dungeons but not nearly as noticeable or occurring as frequently.
  • cellablockcellablock Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    thanks panderus for the fix on intel chipsets hope to give my feedback. i have i have a laptop with intel hd3000 experienced fps drops a lot since mod 7 hope this will help me with a better game play experience
  • kaedennnkaedennn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 361 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    thanks , awesome corrections !
  • zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    This. i like this patch, lately u guys do rly good job. Lets hope it will solve one our biggest problems with surviablity.

Now, when will u start preventing ppl from exploiting dungs and fix those bugs? I think its about time?

And ofc, any so so time o when we will get some more dungs?

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

This. i like this patch, lately u guys do rly good job. Lets hope it will solve one our biggest problems with surviablity.

Now, when will u start preventing ppl from exploiting dungs and fix those bugs? I think its about time?

And ofc, any so so time o when we will get some more dungs?

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

Great, glad to hear it. We try especially hard after a new module to listen to players and get their feedback into the game.

There are a couple fixes in development to address these issues, especially the one with some powers causing aggro through walls inappropriately.

We recognize this is something we should try to do sooner rather than later and are starting to put together plans(tm). Nothing solid yet though, sorry.
  • vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    great fixes guys. Can you also fix Hero's Feast? Since you are looking at consumables, this one has been bugged since mod 6. Does not update after lvl 60....
  • scoutmasterjscoutmasterj Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 101 Arc User
    First off, Great fixes. I think you are doing a much better job of quickly responding to issues. I've been having some graphic card issues, so I hope this will fix it.

My one concern is the Guild Donations. While I agree this is necessary for the Guild Leader, I'm not sure this implementation is very helpful. Knowing that I donated "fey trinkets" is different than knowing that I donated 1000 fey trinkets. The point of the log is to help keep track.

And to anyone who doesn't want this list because they think it will be abused. Perhaps you aren't in the right guild. If your guild wants to keep tabs on who's donating and you don't like that, it doesn't sound like it's the right guild for you.
  • anim3kanim3k Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 60 Arc User
    Panderus , Guild weapons are avablive? I cant find quest "Weapons of the guild" Where he is?
  • rondy44rondy44 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Finnaly, Glory!

Please fix this:
    Professions: Black Ice Shaping

Requires of Guild ArmorDragonflight it's wrong compares with Rewards (eg. item level 142 with ilvl 142)
  • wentriswentris Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    Corrected an issue that caused enemies to apply their armor penetration incorrectly. Additionally this fix will prevent incorrect stacking of enemy armor penetration.

AT LAST. This is probably the infamous DR bug. Time to enjoy tanking again!

Great fixes overall, thanks!
  • datuchiedatuchie Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Finally! These fixes I have waited <3
    Thanks.
    ahngelwing.jpg
  • absolynavi3absolynavi3 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    OMFG Panderus!!! THIS is a patch!!!! Dudes, if you've really fixed all those things (like influence and the DR bug in dungeons, a lot of people will start 'believing' again ;)

Thanks in advance!
    //Seve
    KUuXsKu.jpg
  • kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    DR bug woho!!!!!!! I will <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> my pants seeing it fixed!
    Double, tripple YAY B)
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • chartos#6469 chartos Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 20 Arc User
    Nice, i'm loving these patch notes, is there any ETA on fixing CW spell twisting feat ?

Control Wizard's Spell Twisting feat doesn't work with Tabbed Ray of Enfeeblement, Tabbed Icy Rays, and Shard of Endless Avalanche. It puts some CW loadouts out of use because of those long cooldowns, all CW's that use spell twisting would love to see it fixed, its been around for months.
  • zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    hmmm ...

considering the problems:

A - the game +/- has the prerequisite of a weapon enchantment.

B - lostmauth set be unbalanced (or broken) and trigger a lot of craps.

C - I love my high damage :#

a chance to fix the set and, in exchange, up by 25% the general critical severity of the races?
  • mmm1001mmm1001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 497 Arc User
    The fix like to see here is GWF unstoppable bug (e.g. not able to go unstoppable in some cases). It is really annoying and breaks main class technique.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    Nice patch. Now I'll have to break the glass case on my HR and see if that 20.3k defense actually does something now. Well, I would if I wasn't still weak as a kitten from gall bladder surgery.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
This discussion has been closed.