Install Arc
Options

Guardian Fighters

2»

Comments

• Options
    vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    ralexinor wrote: »
    Wow, perspective in pugville is so lulz.

GFs are currently at the top of the 1v1 tier. Some classes can maybe survive a bit, but most classes will die fairly quickly. In a team fight, GF has insane damage and damage buffs for the team, and prevents DCs from rotating or allows their own DC to rotate since they can hold a node longer than most classes that aren't TRs/OPs.

If you're struggling against another class your own ilvl, then you need to have a look at your build and skill.

really not, you hardly can beat similar geared TR
  • Options
    setimoselosetimoselo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 109 Arc User
    How about every class get a 10 to 15% nerf, that way every person with DPS envy can be satisfied. I am surprised the Guardian Fighter is a serious candidate given how much the other classes are doing, especially given how much better their ability to survive is.

Being near end game myself I can bet alot of people howling for GF nerfs probably have a IL around 2.2k - 3k and probably met someone (like me) in pvp. Don't get mad if you tried your best and got a big fat shield. If it were a GWF of similar gear, you wouldve been turned to dust long before you got the chance to use your skills.
    23uvq8m.png
  • Options
    mfgamesysmfgamesys Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    vinceent1 wrote: »
    snip

On the contrary I can clear trs of the same gear level as me.
    Main-Lothor Syralth Guardian Fighter
  • Options
    ralexinorralexinor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User

GFs are currently at the top of the 1v1 tier. Some classes can maybe survive a bit, but most classes will die fairly quickly. In a team fight, GF has insane damage and damage buffs for the team, and prevents DCs from rotating or allows their own DC to rotate since they can hold a node longer than most classes that aren't TRs/OPs.

If you're struggling against another class your own ilvl, then you need to have a look at your build and skill.

GF vs TR is at least 50-50, probably more weighted towards the GF. It is somewhat difficult still, yes, but not impossible and not that unbalanced. GF will onerotation the TR or or come close, but the TR will remain permaimmune, so it's a matter of using something like Terrifying Impact to create a window of opportunity.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    it depends, i have low survivabilty so i have hard time survive his setups and problems to get my chance to strike if they dont make a mistake. maybe my setup is not good against tr, but should be when rogues probably occupy 1 and 3 and me 2? thanks for tip
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User

GF vs TR is at least 50-50, probably more weighted towards the GF. It is somewhat difficult still, yes, but not impossible and not that unbalanced. GF will onerotation the TR or or come close, but the TR will remain permaimmune, so it's a matter of using something like Terrifying Impact to create a window of opportunity.

I clearly don't do enough PVP to understand the language, like oneration, but I do know that I die to TRs often. If TRs are visible they go down pretty quickly, but that is rarely the case!

Permastealth gets me often, and there's not much I can do about it.

• Options

I clearly don't do enough PVP to understand the language, like oneration, but I do know that I die to TRs often. If TRs are visible they go down pretty quickly, but that is rarely the case!

if i understand correctly, this will help a lot, if landing with good timing

Terrifying Impact
    Daily
    50' range
    4' Cylinder

Giving an exultant battle cry you pulverize the ground, foes hit by the upheaval are Stunned.
  • Options
    fatgunsfatguns Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    xtremoz wrote: »
    fatguns wrote: »
    yes GF are OverPowered specially the Shield Block system, as GF my self i and some other Gf friends have made a report on them u can read here: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1191855/gfs-and-tank-palas-dr-bugs-it-happen-to-dps-classes-also

GFs arent overpowered, but need a little tonedown in my opinion to not become :) Ther are classes far more dangereus than GF..

if u read the post i link u will see it was sarcasm (the list of bugs and not working skills its huge).

PvP - gf are strong in close combat, dont fight close, control it and let some1 else finish it, its like inisiting in fighting a tr stealth holding a point u going to die and die, ignore it and get the other 2 points, just have 1 player constantly going to that point to keep it double color.

its like trying to kill a well buid dc, killing him its hard, really hard, but its not death match pvp its domination i can be the best killer and still lose the match, 300 points on cap, = 3 kills if i cap 10 times u have to do 30 kills to make more score than me.

if thank is giving u a hard time keep it away, stun reppel works great, if shield is up and tank have dmg deflection on crazy attack will kill u (have done many kills like this), if u a GWF use mastery strike at-will the hit in back will never be blocked, if tank have kv on atacking his party member its losing time (control gf to put it off) kill the party member them focus on gf.

more than being to strong, it a question of adapt and new strategy, use to be ignore gf kill other end the gf after, now it diferent, still tr can 1shot gf easy if they know how to do it, dot enchants and dot skills will help killing a gf faster than a vorpal, but sill all want vorp.

now nerfing a class that is a must in any dungeon cuz of PvP end making Dungeons even worst.
    so ask for a nerf that affect flag for pvp only cuz on Dungeon u need tank at full strength.

Fight at long range? they have bulls charge/ITF/threatning rush/lunging strike for that ^^ And why are you teaching me how to control points? eh i think im quite familiar with the system :) my problem is the amount of dmg they do not like a GF ( defencive ) can hold a point by himself realy easiliy ( witch he can't most of the time )

• Options
    setimoselosetimoselo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 109 Arc User
    This has to be a troll thread... I have a OP with half the Item level that can hold a point way better then my GF.
    23uvq8m.png
  • Options
    xtremozxtremoz Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited July 2015

Fight at long range? they have bulls charge/ITF/threatning rush/lunging strike for that ^^ And why are you teaching me how to control points? eh i think im quite familiar with the system :) my problem is the amount of dmg they do not like a GF ( defencive ) can hold a point by himself realy easiliy ( witch he can't most of the time )

yes they have all that, but no gf can do any encounter or at-will from behind the shield so he is open when doing it, if the problem its the amount of dmg gf do i can tell u most classes do way more dmg, the gf do decent dmg, u die fast cuz most dps classes have not high defense/high deflec or high HP.

gf have 40% DR easy, u add 20% more base PvP DR 60% + tenacity and a 120-140k hp bar. then u hit gf for 20-30k dmg, 1/4 of the bar

Gf hit your cw with 15_20% DR, + 20% base pvp and 80k HP bar u get 15k dmg and 1/3 hp gone.

but gf its the 1 hitting hard.

again i will say, if your char cant kill a gf dont engage on 1vs1 with them on my GF i just ignore the tr camping with full stealth i know i cant win, or if i do it takes long and we lose the other points.
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User

if i understand correctly, this will help a lot, if landing with good timing

Terrifying Impact
    Daily
    50' range
    4' Cylinder

Giving an exultant battle cry you pulverize the ground, foes hit by the upheaval are Stunned.

Thanks, I'll give it a shout and see what happens!
  • Options
    setimoselo wrote: »
    This has to be a troll thread... I have a OP with half the Item level that can hold a point way better then my GF.

How is your OP related to this thread? o.O
  • Options

yes they have all that, but no gf can do any encounter or at-will from behind the shield so he is open when doing it, if the problem its the amount of dmg gf do i can tell u most classes do way more dmg, the gf do decent dmg, u die fast cuz most dps classes have not high defense/high deflec or high HP.

gf have 40% DR easy, u add 20% more base PvP DR 60% + tenacity and a 120-140k hp bar. then u hit gf for 20-30k dmg, 1/4 of the bar

Gf hit your cw with 15_20% DR, + 20% base pvp and 80k HP bar u get 15k dmg and 1/3 hp gone.

again i will say, if your char cant kill a gf dont engage on 1vs1 with them on my GF i just ignore the tr camping with full stealth i know i cant win, or if i do it takes long and we lose the other points.

If i was to ignore GFs i would not be able to win any matches i get into ( since as i said i mostly get into matches with 2-3 GFs ) Well yeah some classes ( not most ) do more dmg than a GF, and you pointed out that squishy classes have low HP/defelct/defence so why to buff so hard the GF if he has an advantage over a lets say SW in the point of survival?
    ^^
  • Options
    umcjdkingumcjdking Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    The worst thing you can do is ignore a well geared Conqueror. Allowing him to rotate to nodes will end in your team losing.
  • Options
    xtremozxtremoz Member Posts: 300 Arc User

If i was to ignore GFs i would not be able to win any matches i get into ( since as i said i mostly get into matches with 2-3 GFs ) Well yeah some classes ( not most ) do more dmg than a GF, and you pointed out that squishy classes have low HP/defelct/defence so why to buff so hard the GF if he has an advantage over a lets say SW in the point of survival?
    ^^

GF its the main Tank class in the game (Pala its a new tank class so its not the main), and u need GF with high defense/HP and deflect, otherwise u don't do Dungeons, so nerfing GF HP deflect and HP its a stupid thing to ask for.

when i say ignore it i mean on 1 vs1 fight why engage when u know u will not win? way for your party let a close combat class engage close combat, move to gf back crab him and u and you team m8 will kill it easy.

there's 3 points if u keep 1 your color and 2 double color u win.

iam a gf and when theres a tr stealth build cap 1 point i ignore it and go get other 2 points, and when we have 2 or 1 pint then i engage i will lose but iam keep that point double color so my team score goes up while theres is stuck.

every class is strong against 1 class and weak against another, knowing when its worth to die or not make the difference.

• Options

^^

GF its the main Tank class in the game (Pala its a new tank class so its not the main), and u need GF with high defense/HP and deflect, otherwise u don't do Dungeons, so nerfing GF HP deflect and HP its a stupid thing to ask for.

when i say ignore it i mean on 1 vs1 fight why engage when u know u will not win? way for your party let a close combat class engage close combat, move to gf back crab him and u and you team m8 will kill it easy.

there's 3 points if u keep 1 your color and 2 double color u win.

iam a gf and when theres a tr stealth build cap 1 point i ignore it and go get other 2 points, and when we have 2 or 1 pint then i engage i will lose but iam keep that point double color so my team score goes up while theres is stuck.

every class is strong against 1 class and weak against another, knowing when its worth to die or not make the difference.

First of all i'm not asking them to nerf the survivabiletie of a GF (?!) second thing i'll say again if i ignore a GF we lose points, a decent player wont follow me around the whole map ( it's not mod 3 people actualy stay on points now ) and you know thes days with 2-3 paladins runing on both teams it's quite dificult for 2 people to fight on one point just to kill a GF ^^ oh, and paladin is the main tank thes days ^^ And thers not a 100% chance that your team will contain a sabo TR that can fool with a GF all day long :s I'm asking for a small reduce in dmg, not asking for "tips and tricks" witch are clearly outdated :)
  • Options
    deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    My perspective is pve oriented.
    GF's are no longer the preferred tank, or preferred anything for that matter.
    So we got a dmg increase. Why the asks to nerf it? It was a long time coming, anyways.
    If GF dmg is still sucky, and can't tank, still slow. What purpose does the class serve?
    A pin cushion spamming into the frey until we're kicked?
    Leave it alone.....

...Nerf GF's damage because they're looked at slightly less distastefully then 2 mods ago.
    Just wow.

• Options
    deathbeez wrote: »
    My perspective is pve oriented.
    GF's are no longer the preferred tank, or preferred anything for that matter.
    So we got a dmg increase. Why the asks to nerf it? It was a long time coming, anyways.
    If GF dmg is still sucky, and can't tank, still slow. What purpose does the class serve?
    A pin cushion spamming into the frey until we're kicked?
    Leave it alone.....

...Nerf GF's damage because they're looked at slightly less distastefully then 2 mods ago.
    Just wow.

If people orientated in pve ther would be pretty much 0 "nerf threads" ^^
  • Options
    legion10398legion10398 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    I think GFs are just fine right now. I honestly am happy with PvP in almost every wait right now, except for SWs being stupidly weak. As for PvE, yeah, destroyer GWFs do 2x our dps, and yeah, bulwark OPs tank 2x better than us. But we are still viable there, and PvP is our strength, which I cannot complain about.
  • Options
    I think GFs are just fine right now. I honestly am happy with PvP in almost every wait right now, except for SWs being stupidly weak. As for PvE, yeah, destroyer GWFs do 2x our dps, and yeah, bulwark OPs tank 2x better than us. But we are still viable there, and PvP is our strength, which I cannot complain about.

Well youre obviously a GF :) so you dont know other classes perspective about how much dmg do they do :s
  • Options
    legion10398legion10398 Member Posts: 79 Arc User

Well youre obviously a GF :) so you dont know other classes perspective about how much dmg do they do :s

I am getting a little tired of explaining this to everybody on here, but I play a lot of classes and a lot of builds, and I know what it's like. But there are statistics that show how well balanced PvP is right now (with the obvious exception of SWs), and GF is no exception. Case closed.
  • Options
    vaulwynvaulwyn Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    mfgamesys wrote: »

On the contrary I can clear TRs of the same gear level as me.

You are not clearing an equally geared and skilled TR as a GF if he is running P.Bile and Smoke Bomb, if he has half a clue you will die in a cloud of smoke while you are dazed pretending to walk in slow motion most of the time.

With the Nerf to T.Neg other builds can be cleared but it is never an easy fight assuming equal gear/skill.
    GF - Sigh
  • Options
    nykethnyketh Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    mfgamesys wrote: »
    snip

On the contrary I can clear trs of the same gear level as me.

I have seen a video by an EoA TR ,contesting the node you were guarding back in mod5.He killed you 8 of 10 times.
    Can't find it now.The video title was something "Tr can't handle Gf yet".

Ofcourse he could ,the point was you died after a long battle.But he got you every time.

• Options
    hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User

GFs are stronger than similar equipped TRs, period.

Trs are stronger than similar geared Gfs.period.
  • Options

I'd say that in the gear range 2-3k GFs are stronger vs TRs, not by much but are ( since TRs dont have alot of recovery by then to keep ITC/stealth rotacions flawless ) but after that TRs are way way better than GFs :3