test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Guardian Fighters

fatgunsfatguns Member Posts: 410 Arc User
edited August 2015 in The Guard Barracks
So, since thers alot of threads regarding TRs piercing dmg, or DCs and Healadins insane heals in pvp I wondered why is nobody talking about GFs since they did get some quite insane buffs that totaly changed the way we look at the Guardian Fighter. Back in mod 5 they we're quite competitive against similar geared players but now it's mostly a one way trip. There we're alot of GFs back in mod 5 who could beat better geared players with ease, but now thanks to the buff it's pretty simple for every ( decent ) GF player. I do agree that the buff was needed but it shouldnt be that big. i'd say maybee tonedown the demange a bit but do something with the shield? Couze i used to play a GF and yeah, shield brings rage into quite some GF players x)

Thank you for listening! :3

P.S i'm talking 'bout PVP, PVE ( dungeons ) aint to easy for GFs these days, ik :smirk:
Post edited by fatguns on

Comments

• Options
    setimoselosetimoselo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The only time a Guardian Fighter seems good is when they out gear someone else. When the play ground is equal, the Guardian Fighter easily and has always lost out. Our guard is very temporary and we are also the slowest class in the game (edit: Paladin is pretty slow too >.>). If you die to a Guardian Fighter of similar experience/gear then you deserve to die in pvp ofcourse.
    23uvq8m.png
  • Options
    drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    LOL...

A GF is OP? LMAO

Should this be written in the sarcasm font and color?
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    carlonomocarlonomo Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    my 2200 gf is very op
  • Options
    dsn1118dsn1118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    Well I am GF too.I didnt need too much damage as Iron vanguard and protector tree build but I saw some insane SwordMaster GF's in PVP and some of them dont even need to guard themselves.They just come close to you and activate Crescendo and finish you off with Anvil of Doom which does twice damage to foes have less than half of their HP.

Does it mean GF is way overpowered?Dont think so because nearly every class have skill chains can kill other classes on 1vs1 if you are good.
  • Options
    sasagerusasageru Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    GF main weakness is their speed or lack thereof. Use some skill, get behind them, stay out of range where possible and you're pretty much guaranteed to kill them. They are far more balanced now than before, they can actually do damage now, big wow, cause before they're survivability was ok to good, but their ability to fight suffered from it, now they have offense with the defense, but still remain pretty easy to kill if you're careful and think it through.

DPS Rogue | Heal/Buff Cleric

• Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    What GF buff is the OP referring to? I've read all the patch notes from the last few weeks and felt the GF was generally ignored by he devs (maybe a good thing!) They have been mighty busy with Pallies, CWs and SWs, etc.
  • Options
    umcjdkingumcjdking Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    What GF buff is the OP referring to? I've read all the patch notes from the last few weeks and felt the GF was generally ignored by he devs (maybe a good thing!) They have been mighty busy with Pallies, CWs and SWs, etc.

GF is in a really good spot right now and only needs a bit of minor tweaking to bring it back in. IMO our damage got a bit overbuffed (10% reduction in weapon damage would suffice here) and our movespeed makes it extraordinarily difficult to take us down (5-10% movespeed while blocking). This should stop a majority of the QQ towards PVP GFs and prevent further unwarranted nerfs.

• Options
    Um maybe it's just me but i mostly see GFs in pvp ( mostly 1-3 in a match ). And GFs not being able to one rotate same geared oponents is just not true, they we're able to one rotate a player back in mod 5 ( not everyone ) and now with the demange buff, mostly you dont even need a daily to finish them off. P.S im not talking about BiS fights.
  • Options

The one that hapened when mod 6 lounched. ( 20% increse in dmg and 50% increse in wep. dmg if im correct )
  • Options
    xtremozxtremoz Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    yes GF are OverPowered specially the Shield Block system, as GF my self i and some other Gf friends have made a report on them u can read here: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1191855/gfs-and-tank-palas-dr-bugs-it-happen-to-dps-classes-also

• Options
    vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    sadly, most dangerous power (anvil of doom) is very easy dodged. people dodge it very often from my point of view. maybe you can rethink your stratégy against GFs
  • Options
    vinceent1 wrote: »
    sadly, most dangerous power (anvil of doom) is very easy dodged. people dodge it very often from my point of view. maybe you can rethink your stratégy against GFs

A stun rotacion with flourish + anvil aint that easy to dodge withaut a defelct ^^
  • Options
    xtremoz wrote: »
    yes GF are OverPowered specially the Shield Block system, as GF my self i and some other Gf friends have made a report on them u can read here: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1191855/gfs-and-tank-palas-dr-bugs-it-happen-to-dps-classes-also

GFs arent overpowered, but need a little tonedown in my opinion to not become :) Ther are classes far more dangereus than GF..
  • Options
    fatguns wrote: »

A stun rotacion with flourish + anvil aint that easy to dodge withaut a defelct ^^

probably, but i dont play swordmaster so dunno

but really doubt it can kill anyone similarly geared.

GF are just one of the stronger classess currently in pvp

• Options
    ryoshinetteryoshinette Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    For a 2 years player used to treat GFs as a tank. Now he is not. Tank = OP. GF is rather buffer (ITF+KV) than tank, and dgm dealer if built properly. Point is, that ppl was always ignoring GF's, cause they could do nothing against em in pvp. Now, when killed by GF says: nerf it !

I suggest to everyone who is talking about GF, to start to play this class. Btw shield is so broken, and even HR's roots passing through. And prolly is the most ignored by devs class , since start of server. Maybe SWs are close to this.
    Ryoshin GF (4.2k)
    .Suicide Squad.

• Options
    yeah, because of shield issues, GF is barely a tank. But its not hard to collect kills at domination (even 40kills). But not because one rotate anybody but because anvil and possible lunging and bull are all good finishers, when both team fighting at mid. You place bull CC on someone, your teammates lowering his health under 50% and you finish him with anvil. pretty strong strategy
  • Options
    looomislooomis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 253 Arc User
    yeah, because of shield issues, GF is barely a tank. But its not hard to collect kills at domination (even 40kills). But not because one rotate anybody but because anvil and possible lunging and bull are all good finishers, when both team fighting at mid. You place bull CC on someone, your teammates lowering his health under 50% and you finish him with anvil. pretty strong strategy

100% correct.

GF is the most agile class with the correct skills ;)

What I wish for next mod:
    - Tone down the damage output a bit.
    - Resolve shield issues. (HAHAHHAA :-( )

• Options
    urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    I am a GF and like it but It is not a killing machine...

And

I am the worse tank ever

Still I have fun
  • Options
    xtremozxtremoz Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    xtremoz wrote: »

GFs arent overpowered, but need a little tonedown in my opinion to not become :) Ther are classes far more dangereus than GF..

if u read the post i link u will see it was sarcasm (the list of bugs and not working skills its huge).

PvP - gf are strong in close combat, dont fight close, control it and let some1 else finish it, its like inisiting in fighting a tr stealth holding a point u going to die and die, ignore it and get the other 2 points, just have 1 player constantly going to that point to keep it double color.

its like trying to kill a well buid dc, killing him its hard, really hard, but its not death match pvp its domination i can be the best killer and still lose the match, 300 points on cap, = 3 kills if i cap 10 times u have to do 30 kills to make more score than me.

if thank is giving u a hard time keep it away, stun reppel works great, if shield is up and tank have dmg deflection on crazy attack will kill u (have done many kills like this), if u a GWF use mastery strike at-will the hit in back will never be blocked, if tank have kv on atacking his party member its losing time (control gf to put it off) kill the party member them focus on gf.

more than being to strong, it a question of adapt and new strategy, use to be ignore gf kill other end the gf after, now it diferent, still tr can 1shot gf easy if they know how to do it, dot enchants and dot skills will help killing a gf faster than a vorpal, but sill all want vorp.

now nerfing a class that is a must in any dungeon cuz of PvP end making Dungeons even worst.
    so ask for a nerf that affect flag for pvp only cuz on Dungeon u need tank at full strength.
  • Options
    i can accept lower damage, but want better survivability (which is nothing compared to paladin). but obviously its paladin time to be tankiest class, we must wait
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User

The one that hapened when mod 6 lounched. ( 20% increse in dmg and 50% increse in wep. dmg if im correct )

I hadn't noticed the buff at that time, because the mobs had 100% increases. I only started PVP to get new armor when my BI armor was rendered obsolete. Funny it took 3 months for anybody to even mention it.
  • Options
    setimoselosetimoselo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I was about to go crazy @vinceent1....

Then I read the rest of your post. If they can fix our shield and make defense actually mean something for our class, not to mention make constitution more effective and take away combat advantage from the back, then a small damage reduction would be alright. The problem is that we are (as tanks) the best at nothing. The DC actually have us beat in that department in pvp. The OP has us beat and by alot in pve.
    23uvq8m.png
  • Options
    setimoselo wrote: »
    I was about to go crazy @vinceent1....

Then I read the rest of your post. If they can fix our shield and make defense actually mean something for our class, not to mention make constitution more effective and take away combat advantage from the back, then a small damage reduction would be alright. The problem is that we are (as tanks) the best at nothing. The DC actually have us beat in that department in pvp. The OP has us beat and by alot in pve.

whats wrong? agree with you we can get more defense. shield is broken for a long time, dont expect ever be honest. if you want to be Gf who grab all mobs and control them you cant, but you can play differently, contribute more to damage. dont see big problem here, maybe because i play archery HR too, which is at a lot more bad state than my GF

• Options
    mfgamesysmfgamesys Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    clearly this thread is in the wrong section. Since this is focused on pvp.

also gf needs a damage nerf imo probably a 10 to 15% but not touching weapon base in the process.
    Main-Lothor Syralth Guardian Fighter
  • Options
    ralexinorralexinor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    Wow, perspective in pugville is so lulz.

GFs are currently at the top of the 1v1 tier. Some classes can maybe survive a bit, but most classes will die fairly quickly. In a team fight, GF has insane damage and damage buffs for the team, and prevents DCs from rotating or allows their own DC to rotate since they can hold a node longer than most classes that aren't TRs/OPs.

If you're struggling against another class your own ilvl, then you need to have a look at your build and skill.
  • Options
    drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    if you have met a GF able to kill you and it felt to you it was very easy for him, pls make your compliments to him 'cose he was a real "big nuts" guy and it has been an honor for you to die by his sword.

remember rspect all, but mostly the outnumbered (in this case GF is the less played class in game) 'cose they are doing what you are not willing to do :)

LOL... so true. The most I have ever killed in a PvP match, as an IV Tact, was 3. How many times did I die? A lot more than that. People see a toon with a shield and go nuts. I usually get killed by 5 to 7 players.
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance