test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stronghold Email Promo

2»

Answers

• mikeofarcmikeofarc Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    zebular wrote: »
    I disagree. By being an active player, you are gaining daily rewards, astral diamonds, experience, gear, and so on. And now with the VIP system, you can get even more by being an active player. Compare what this pack has to offer with all that you have gained since Strongholds has been released and tell me which you'd rather have, this pack or all that you have gained since? It's best to not focus on a few small things one didn't get and instead remember all that you have.

I think you're missing the point.

All those 'active player' rewards are attained by investing large amounts of time and/or money in the game, and keeping the game alive for everyone. They aren't 'free' in any sense of the word, whether the game is promoted as F2P or not.

These freebie codes for former players are earned by doing what? Playing other games maybe? Having a blast at the local bar?

To be honest, former players should be the last group the devs should be giving freebies to. I'd say:

Existing loyal customers/New customers > Former customers
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    mikeofarc wrote: »
    zebular wrote: »
    I disagree. By being an active player, you are gaining daily rewards, astral diamonds, experience, gear, and so on. And now with the VIP system, you can get even more by being an active player. Compare what this pack has to offer with all that you have gained since Strongholds has been released and tell me which you'd rather have, this pack or all that you have gained since? It's best to not focus on a few small things one didn't get and instead remember all that you have.

I think you're missing the point.

All those 'active player' rewards are attained by investing large amounts of time and/or money in the game, and keeping the game alive for everyone. They aren't 'free' in any sense of the word, whether the game is promoted as F2P or not.

These freebie codes for former players are earned by doing what? Playing other games maybe? Having a blast at the local bar?

To be honest, former players should be the last group the devs should be giving freebies to. I'd say:

Existing loyal customers/New customers > Former customers

That is not how business works I'm afraid. As a current playing customer, they can hit you with all sorts of promotions, deals, zen sales, and on average, you might buy one or two. They already have YOU hooked...you haven't left yet and they are already doing things to entice you to stay.

The person playing other games is buying nothing, they aren't seeing those deals, they aren't buying zen, not doing anything...and aren't counted as Active in the playerbase (which for a F2P, is vital for them to show interest and keep their jobs).

New customers are ALWAYS the target for business. They assume that if you are a current customer, you are happy and they don't really need to do more to make you happier. A lost customer needs to be attracted back.

This is hardly something isolated to the MMO industry. I argue with Comcast about every 6 months about reducing my bill because "New Customers" are getting my service for half the price. Sometimes they budge, most times they don't. I'm already a customer - they don't need to do jack for me, and if I don't like it, I can leave any time. Course, they also have a monopoly in my area basically (come on Google, get going), so they have me by the marbles and they know it.

It might not be right, but its the way the business works. New Customers > Current Customers.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,046 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Well, a very simple solution, just have a handfull of accounts around, but only log them into the game, when there is such a promotion.
    As long as you don't bot or use any scripts on those alt. accounts, there is nothing prohibiting you from having more then one account.

Or start playing something else, until they remember, that they need those "Current Customers" too, to keep the game going...
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • nimandiirnimandiir Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Wish I would've held off coming back to the game till now... I came back after the 60-70 patch fix last week :(

Edit: Nothing wrong with a marketing tactic to get people back into a game... just frustrating when I missed it by a couple days :p