test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Would you like to have a tool in your Stronghold to monitor member's activity/donation?

Comments

• Options
    gromm1tgromm1t Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 71 Arc User
    No, I don't want to be discriminated in any way
    NO, no, no,

never this kind stuff, players join guild where they feel to be safe and this kind soviet union -mentality is worst ever. I can allways wish that guildies will be active for guild and help others, but breaking their privacy this way NO.

• Options
    zbkoldezbkolde Member Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    For our guild, and i know this a foreign concept to most gamers now days, we want to be able to say "thank you" to the people who are helping out. Our guild is set up as a sort of headquarters for those who like to solo, but still would like the certain benefits of being in a guild. It was formed specifically to grant access to the original Gauntlgrym area. We have the same principles for the stronghold era. As long as members are respectful and don't cause trouble, they're welcome in our guild without obligation. But, that does not mean we don't want to say "thank you" to those who are helping, and since we cannot be online 24/7, we don't know who to say "thank you" to. We have players in different time zones with different schedules that we never get to see. Promotion in the guild is based on getting to know each other, which we cannot always do. If i can log in in the morning and see that someone has been donating all night while i was asleep, i can send them a "thank you" message and possibly promote them if they haven't already been promoted. One of my officers would like to offer rewards for helping out, mostly R7 or higher enchantments, just as a small "thank you." But again, without standing next to the coffer 24/7, we don't know who all is helping. We don't want someone grinding out influence all night and never getting promoted or getting any recognition for it.

As for members who are not contributing... so? We are enjoying working toward our goals, and we're getting lots of Guild Marks to spend. If we have members who aren't interested in the Guild Mark items, so be it. They are not hurting us, they're only missing out on the new guild gear and items, which they may or may not even want. We haven't forced them to participate for the past two years, we're not going to force them to participate now. That's just how we are. I know that there are TONS, i mean TONS of trolls and jerks and greedy little kids in this game that are only out to win all the pixels they can and screw over everyone else in the world to win those pixels... but believe it or not, there are grown-ups playing too. Think about it. I, myself, have been playing MMOs for 11 years now, and i was kind of late to the game. Some of us are grown-ups who have been in the MMO game for the past decade or two and have different objectives.

Edit: I am uncomfortable with the censoring of my post. The word i typed above that was replaced with asterisks is a word that rhymes with "you" but starts with "scr"; which is actually 5 letters, but it was replaced with only 4 asterisks, making my comment look way worse than it was actually typed.
    Post edited by zbkolde on
  • Options
    gromm1tgromm1t Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 71 Arc User
    magenubbie wrote: »
    Gotta love how the OP changes one of the options halfway the thread in order to make it more favorable. A very lame and cheating way to give off a false signal to the devs and Cryptic. As far as I'm concerned this poll is now absolutely useless and means nothing. Blocked forums user from this point on and will block any guild member in OPs guild once I get in-game. If he supposed to represent his guild and sinks that low to get what he wants, I don't even want to know what his guild members are like. I don't have time to deal with cheaters.
    There was NO way that I could say YES this kind poll and GM will never give guild power like this... "cheaterboard" is bad enough.

We provide to guild what we can and where our inspiration gives us power... if one gives nothing it matters not but he cant then complain slow progress and those who contribute lot cant force others to contribute more either...

• Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    magenubbie wrote: »
    Gotta love how the OP changes one of the options halfway the thread in order to make it more favorable. A very lame and cheating way to give off a false signal to the devs and Cryptic. As far as I'm concerned this poll is now absolutely useless and means nothing. Blocked forums user from this point on and will block any guild member in OPs guild once I get in-game. If he supposed to represent his guild and sinks that low to get what he wants, I don't even want to know what his guild members are like. I don't have time to deal with cheaters.

Wow, just saw the change. The wording was always a hateful biased mess, but now it's worse.
  • Options
    inyawayupdeepinyawayupdeep Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 206 Arc User
    valwryn wrote: »
    I'd prefer that only the top donaters be listed.....for Braggin Rights.

"Ha.....I donated one more shard than you!" < Rasberries to other Guildies > "Tthhhppppffffbbbtttttt"
    :p
    This idea seem reasonable and doable, a little recognition is good if it doesn't come at the expense of others especially those who are your friends. I still hate idea of guild donation ledger, it would be the perfect way to ruin this mod.
  • Options
    khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    I'll happily donate - no problem, but I can see why othetes wouldn't, couldn't. Also I hate arrogance/elitism, something which this "tool" is bound to encourage.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • Options
    poppakrodahpoppakrodah Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    if you do this, you need to increase coffer limits or do away with them entirely. Right now, many people cannot donate anything but influence in my guild, so any tool you provide will give a false picture.

• Options
    sasagerusasageru Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    Yes, I would like to see (or let the GM see) who does nothing.. and could incentivate me to commit even more
    Personally, I'd like this, because I have put a lot of effort and time into gaining and then donating what the guild needs and I know several others in my guild have done the same, and right now, we are rewarded for it by the overall success of the stronghold. I like being able to track where I stand because I am competative and would strive to do better.

However, i do appreciate a persons preference to be anonymous because they dont have the same time, resources or want to donate. A tool, in itself, is not a bad thing, how some leaders may use it though -that is. There are always going to be people in guilds who reap the rewards but don't help acheive them, its a sad fact of life. There are always going to be people who will use money to gain resources to donate and succeed that way.

The tool itself is a good idea, how it might be used though? That's where my concern lies. I would like a personal view of how much i donate and a general idea of where that puts me in terms of donating, but i dont think a public or overall guild tool to do the same would be appropriate.
    DPS Rogue | Heal/Buff Cleric

• Options
    meurydicemeurydice Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Yes, I would like to see (or let the GM see) who does nothing.. and could incentivate me to commit even more
    The log or history for the donation isn't about competing to every members on what he could afford to donate or something, and discrimination is not being an issue at all, cause the stronghold is basically about "TEAMWORK", whether you have contributed small or big stuffs, it doesn't matter, for it varies on your intent to HELP your guild to work out. Of course this is a tool and an aid for leaders to monitor who's and who aren't been seriously wanted to cooperate at all, and to its members who will just agape and will wait for what's to built to come. Some members, may be given could not afford to donate A.D. or vouchers in Zen, BUT THAT'S OK! because that is not only the means and source, you can actually donate what's in the SH daily quests, and with that simple effort of doing if a member couldn't able to do, well that's very unwanted. Every matter on guild will be depended on the discretion of its officers. "Give credit where credit is due"

• Options
    MiseryMisery Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Soooo, I just learnt an awesome thing about Strongholds. You get kicked - you lose your boons. Imagine somebody farming currency for strongholds for months and then getting kicked just because they had to take a break from the game, whever it's live related or technical issue, or maybe after some drama when they said something "unpleasant' for those from the top. What a tool to control people's behavior huh
    I already see all those monthly fees comming for lvl 20 SH guild membership. Should one start a business like that? Keeping people in their guild and taking like 500k from them each month.
    3.8k PvP SW.
  • Options
    skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    Misery wrote: »
    Soooo, I just learnt an awesome thing about Strongholds. You get kicked - you lose your boons. Imagine somebody farming currency for strongholds for months and then getting kicked just because they had to take a break from the game, whever it's live related or technical issue, or maybe after some drama when they said something "unpleasant' for those from the top. What a tool to control people's behavior huh
    I already see all those monthly fees comming for lvl 20 SH guild membership. Should one start a business like that? Keeping people in their guild and taking like 500k from them each month.

No , you dont understand. People won't abuse this! it's true because folks have said so!.

• Options
    WTS lvl 20 stronghold membership, PM for info.
    3.8k PvP SW.
  • Options
    zbkoldezbkolde Member Posts: 689 Arc User
    The boons are applied from your guild's stronghold structure, so if you leave, or get kicked, those boons no longer apply to you. But, you join a new guild, and you instantly get their boons from their stronghold. When you leave or get kicked from a guild, you keep all of your Guild Marks and any gear or items you've already purchased. Where you are seeing "i'm going to get kicked and lose something" (which you won't), other people are seeing "my members are going to bail and go to a guild with better boons for their playstyle."
  • Options
    bushman1414bushman1414 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 18 Arc User
    I was BIG NO, but I never saw THAT coming... how lucky I am that I have small guild and we dont bother whole mod7 after first structure done. END
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    zbkolde wrote: »
    The boons are applied from your guild's stronghold structure, so if you leave, or get kicked, those boons no longer apply to you. But, you join a new guild, and you instantly get their boons from their stronghold. When you leave or get kicked from a guild, you keep all of your Guild Marks and any gear or items you've already purchased. Where you are seeing "i'm going to get kicked and lose something" (which you won't), other people are seeing "my members are going to bail and go to a guild with better boons for their playstyle."
    That's why the guild should lose something significant if some veteran member leaves or gest kicked. Talking about people that contributed a lot in it's development of course. I don't want another motherfuckers I got dissapointed with rule over my progress.

Also, imagine how discouraging this is to realize for some players that all their time might end up being wasted in a blink. I mean, let's get serious, most of us want those boons real bad and probably work hard on helping their guilds build the required structures which may take a while, probably months.
    3.8k PvP SW.
  • Options
    grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    A whole leaderboard? Nope! Lets face it, people are generally stupid. They will discriminate lower contributors to make themselves feel superior, regardless if that player is casual, has a job/life doesn't play the game like its the most important thing in life, and these people will try and ruin what little fun that is already left in the game.

display the top 5 contributors? yes! This will give those people who want recognition that they think they deserve, Maybe even make 5 statues that display their character in stone, so the can play with themselves whilst needing a boost of self appreciation.

I'm not being sarcastic, just saying it how everyone else is thinking.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • Options
    psistarprimepsistarprime Member Posts: 86 Arc User

This type of guild already exists. Every game out there has "elite" guilds that have activity level requirements, gear requirements, mount speed requirements, etc. These guilds will obviously place donation requirements. This type of guild would kick the example person due to inactivity regardless of the existence of a donation tracking tool.

Guild membership is entirely voluntary. There is no cryptic queue system randomly placing players into random guilds via Looking for Guild Channel. Players should utilize an amount of due diligence in researching and selecting a guild to join. Randomly joining the first guild you see spamming PE with recruitment messages is like pulling into the first car lot and buying the first car you see. You might get treated to an awesome experience, or you might end up driving off a cliff in a Ford Pinto. Test drive a guild. Look for people with similar expectations to yours. If you can't find the right guild, then find a core group of friends and build your guild.
  • Options
    opsmynickwontfiopsmynickwontfi Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Stronghold Coffer: There is a new log in the guild window that shows what guild members have donated.

Its now official - we're getting this
  • Options
    muuli01muuli01 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    this will not bother us, because our guild officially gave up Strongholds and this change makes Stronghold mod called = "Pay/Grind or else WE kick you out",

, FIX bugs, dont bring monitoring stuff like this... NW id going BAD to WORSE.
  • Options
    tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 305 Arc User
    By the look of this "Poll" Guilds have plenty of "Tools" already in them... ;)
  • Options
    klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    tinead51 said:

By the look of this "Poll" Guilds have plenty of "Tools" already in them... ;)

Denigrating those you don't agree with, how original.
    Anyways, the stronghold coffer donation log causes crashes, so be relaxed as nobody can see anything yet.
  • Options
    sigillmacfinnsigillmacfinn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    So they roll out this anyway, bugged, as every time I try & use the tab it crashes the game back to desktop - very poor - with 20 mins of file verifying on top !

Instead of this "donation fascism" how about you allow us to re-spawn in the Stronghold when we switch off from there - so we don't get pushed back to the last gate we entered & allow the stronghold to be more like a base/home & not just somewhere we "pop" into to do some quests etc

..... rolling 1's for over 25 years .....

The Harbingers' Forums - What Class Are You - Search The Neverwinter Wiki

• Options
    linaduinlinaduin Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    Guilds that are more oriented towards hard core progression than comradery will use a tool like this. Guilds that are more comradery oriented than progression will not. The existence of it or not would only matter for people whom are in a hard core progression guild but are not actually helping them progress "enough". In which case they are in the wrong guild anyway. For those guilds focusing hard on progression it gives them another tool to further organize and/or help people whom may not understand what they can do to help. For those guilds that could care less what x person contributes it won't be used. /shrug

...snip...

If you're worried about it in your guild... maybe you're in the wrong guild... or are just being paranoid? /shrug
    This was my thinking when I voted yes.
  • Options
    humorisbenefithumorisbenefit Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited August 2015

a bad idea BUT shouldnt be used as a tool to kick players who contibute less,

Good people never abuse power like this, no never. :s

ps. maybe we play wrong game, this makes me wonder