test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Druids don't make no sense to me in the next mod.

gomok72gomok72 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
edited August 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
I hear a lot of individuals talking about the next class introduced will be Druids but looking and reading the wizard coast description of what is happening, it does not make any sense to add them.

I'm not sure on what class will be pushed out but it will be interesting to see how exactly they go about adding them and what will be their back ground story, during the introduction to the under dark and demons that are terrorizing its' inhabitants.

Here is an excerpt from the Wizard's of the coast site.

Rumors of demonic activity in the Underdark have reached the surface through whispers and hushed tales of violence. King Bruenor sends his friend Drizzt Do’Urden to find out what’s happening beneath the surface but it becomes all too clear when the demon lord Demogorgon ravages the drow city of Menzobarranzan. The Horned Lord Baphomet toys with victims in the vast maze of the Underdark and the Demon Queen of Fungi Zuggtmoy plans to join with a massive city-sized fungus in an insane marriage ceremony. Yeenoghu, the Demon Lord of Gnolls, wanders the dark, spawning new gnoll servants from his kills to continue the destruction, while the demon lords of lust and deception prey on the weak-willed peoples of the Underdark.

In the madness of the dark, who will be the light to shine against the demons? The races of the deep vie against the demons but there are few allies in the Underdark among drow, mindflayers, duergar and deep gnomes. Drizzt Do’Urden and the magical panther Guenhwyvar are dedicated to tracking Demogorgon and putting a stop to his reign of madness but it’s even more crucial to find out why the demon lords came out of the Abyss at all. Who is responsible for the chaos that’s been unleashed? Solve the mystery before the demons reach the surface. Dare to descend!

I may not be considered by most the BEST PVP Warlock on the server but, I am the most HATED amongst them.

-Kymos

Comments

• harleysevensharleysevens Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    I think you might be confusing Drow and Druid?
  • gomok72gomok72 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    I think you might be confusing Drow and Druid?

Err, Nooo, I think I got it right, Drow are a race of elves that live in the under dark and Druids are basically tree huggers with a lot of primal power.

Next class being introduced in mod 8 is assumed to be the Druid, which doesn't make any sense to me.

I may not be considered by most the BEST PVP Warlock on the server but, I am the most HATED amongst them.

-Kymos
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    My personal opinion is that the classes are sort of an expansion or two behind, when it comes to what module seems an appropriate match for them:

Feywild - Ranger
    Dread Ring - Warlock
    Icewind Dale -
    Tyranny of Dragons / Rise of Tiamat - Paladin
    Elemental Evil - Druid
    Strongholds -
    Underdark -
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    Classes don't have to match content. Even then with no announcement of druids you're a little ahead of yourself.
    edited August 2015
    charononus wrote: »
    Classes don't have to match content. Even then with no announcement of druids you're a little ahead of yourself.
    If you read the first sentence of my paragraph, I am saying that they don't make sense based on the talks of individuals ingame assumptions "Not getting ahead of myself.".

Again, I don't know if it's just a bunch of folks on here that want to bash, troll, and just out look for trouble on these forums, but I am reminded of Ogrimmar chat, when I do create threads, nowadays.

Thanks for replying, anyways.

-Kymos
  • rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    People have been speculating on whether or not we'll get druids with the next module for several modules now. IIRC, the only reason people think we'll get it every time a module comes up is because the devs said it was their favorite class and that they wanted to add druids. There's a pretty decent chance we won't get druids with the upcoming module.
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    Well if we talk about "core" classes, the remaining roster is Barbarian, Bard, Druid, Monk.
    bioshrike wrote: »
    My personal opinion is that the classes are sort of an expansion or two behind, when it comes to what module seems an appropriate match for them:

Feywild - Ranger
    Dread Ring - Warlock
    Icewind Dale -
    Tyranny of Dragons / Rise of Tiamat - Paladin
    Elemental Evil - Druid
    Strongholds -
    Underdark -

Okay,

now this makes sense to me and yeah, it would have seemed like EE would have been a better module for Druids.

-Kymos
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2015
    Please do use the Races feedback sticky or Classes feedback sticky instead of making new threads. Thanks!

For more info, see the notes on class/race threads here:
    http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/discussion/1191457/
This discussion has been closed.