test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Would you like to have a tool in your Stronghold to monitor member's activity/donation?

Comments

• Options
    azaris#6648 azaris Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I keep seeing people saying they would reward members for their contributions. So I am curious, how would you reward them? What would you give them in return for countless hours of grinding and donating?
  • Options
    klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Yes, I would like to see (or let the GM see) who does nothing.. and could incentivate me to commit even more
    azaris1 wrote: »
    I keep seeing people saying they would reward members for their contributions. So I am curious, how would you reward them? What would you give them in return for countless hours of grinding and donating?

Yesterday I gave a green level 60 artifact (Lethander's, I had it in my bank for so long and couldn't decide what to do with it) belt to my only other guild mate (yes, there's only 2 of us) for a couple of hours of doing Heroic Encounters together.
    That's just an example, and of course, and I wouldn't be able to keep up with this kind of rewards in the long run, but it's still all open to guild master, as they say it's the thought that counts.
  • Options
    klangeddin wrote: »

Yesterday I gave a green level 60 artifact (Lethander's) belt to my only other guild mate (yes, there's only 2 of us) for a couple of hours of doing Heroic Encounters together.
    That's just an example, and of course, and I wouldn't be able to keep up with this kind of rewards in the long run, but it's still all open to guild master, as they say it's the thought that counts.

A whole 6k value artifact. Yeah, it's clear you don't really want it for "rewards," as I am sure everyone trying to use that excuse doesn't. This would only be used to kick people.

• Options
    klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    Yes, I would like to see (or let the GM see) who does nothing.. and could incentivate me to commit even more

Yesterday I gave a green level 60 artifact (Lethander's) belt to my only other guild mate (yes, there's only 2 of us) for a couple of hours of doing Heroic Encounters together.

A whole 6k value artifact. Yeah, it's clear you don't really want it for "rewards," as I am sure everyone trying to use that excuse doesn't. This would only be used to kick people.

It's an incentive and I had nothing better to give to him anyway. I can't print stuff out of nothing if I don't have it.
    Besides, we ran a couple of hours of HEs and he contributed 25 building supplies (for what I could see) for Lumberyard, what did you expect me to give him? A million AD? I don't even have them.
    Ah, I also promoted him.
    And finally, don't make assumption about people you don't know because you only end up looking both arrogant and silly at the same time.

• Options
    A title (through rank), what else. Pride is precious for more people that you can think at. :)

A freaking title? LMAO. What a great reward. Just be honest with it. You only want this so you can kick people who you feel are not contributing enough to your epeen building.
  • Options
    sharonious_rebelsharonious_rebel Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    I'm for it, though I'd mostly care about my GM being able to track influence donations, as that's the real bottleneck to guild improvement. I know the current influence bug would make it a little rough - but that's where having a guild that communicates well would help (I know I complain loudly whenever I get bugged).

I'd kind of like to see how much I've donated over time, but I'm weird like that. :P

It'd be nice if donations were recorded via account and not character though, so your net contributions would be easier to track.
  • Options
    xatriuxatriu Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    No, I don't want to be discriminated in any way
    I voted no. Reason being quite simple, I wouldn't wish upon anyone to end up feeling guilty about putting character progression before guild progression. Being able to see who donates what WILL whether you like it or not put pressure on players. And I personally want every member in a guild to be under as little pressure as possible.

I believe that in this matter the saying "what you don't know wont hurt you" couldn't be more fitting.
  • Options
    sharonious_rebelsharonious_rebel Member Posts: 56 Arc User

I vote a GMOP :D
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    If the purpose is to reward, I am okay with that. If the purpose is to punish, I don't agree with that.

If the guild leader is rich and set up a contest such as anyone who can max out their contribution 30000 before a date, he will receive a GMoP from the guild leader. In THEORY, this can be a positive spin for this monitor.

However, should this monitor be per account based? Or, per character based?
    e.g. One account with one char scores 20000. One account with 3 characters scored 10000 each.
    Who did better?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    MiseryMisery Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    There should be something the players would tear away from the guild they got kicked from, currency or something valuable for the guilds and recyclable. Talking of those that contributed a lot.
    3.8k PvP SW.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    magenubbie wrote: »
    plasticbat wrote: »
    If the purpose is to reward, I am okay with that. If the purpose is to punish, I don't agree with that.

If the guild leader is rich and set up a contest such as anyone who can max out their contribution 30000 before a date, he will receive a GMoP from the guild leader. In THEORY, this can be a positive spin for this monitor.

e.g. One account with one char scores 20000. One account with 3 characters scored 10000 each.
    Who did better?
    The whole purpose of rewarding is pointless. Everyone in any given guild knows who the people are that spend the most money on this game. Obviously they have more than enough to contribute because of that. I don't consider rewarding people for spending money on the game is a productive development.

Sorry, I don't understand about the money part. Certain thing you can't get using money such as influence. I did not spend any money in this game. I am not a guild leader but I have enough to give out reward if I want to.

The reward can be for those who contributed the most influence. The reward is just a token of appreciation. It can be a GMoP or an Artifact or a mount or ...
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    magenubbie wrote: »

Who did better?
    The whole purpose of rewarding is pointless. Everyone in any given guild knows who the people are that spend the most money on this game. Obviously they have more than enough to contribute because of that. I don't consider rewarding people for spending money on the game is a productive development.

Sorry, I don't understand about the money part. Certain thing you can't get using money such as influence. I did not spend any money in this game. I am not a guild leader but I have enough to give out reward if I want to.

The reward can be for those who contributed the most influence. The reward is just a token of appreciation. It can be a GMoP or an Artifact or a mount or ...

Hire a mercenary then... never heard of a templar that faired good in a battle and got a '+2 horse'.
    We are not mercenaries but it's a behaviour I can comprehend. Anyway: Bxxxxxx! :D

Mercenary tends to take the money and then run away for the next "project". They won't stick around. The reward is to hope to make people to stick around. It is more like to compare to be the champion who may get a princess.
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    A title (through rank), what else. Pride is precious for more people that you can think at. :)

A freaking title? LMAO. What a great reward. Just be honest with it. You only want this so you can kick people who you feel are not contributing enough to your epeen building.

Again... I kick people when they do not log for 30 days or play with a behaviour that put shame to the guild's reputation. And yes, doing absolutely nothing can be a cause for getting kicked (and it is without the tool too). Doing 'little' it's not.

^^^ This.

We've been doing "collections" and "donations" from the get-go... stupid things, usually, like like 6SP treasures... but you get enough of them together and they sell for THOUSANDS at the AH. About once a week, I'll empty out the guild bank, auction off the stuff and stick the AD in "escrow" (okay, so I write down how much).

Oh, sorry.. I guess that I could exploit that and keep all the AD to myself.

But I don't.

Ask any one of my guildmembers and they'll all tell you the same thing.. this guild is "home" to them. And I will fiercely protect the sanctity of our "home... inactives get booted, bad behavior (twattery, exploits, whatever) gets booted. I've booted people for pissing me off. I guess that falls under "twattery".

So while my guildmembers are all busting their hump to collect Influence and Surplus equipment so that we can continue forward progress on our SH, those who aren't contributing are "deadweight". And I will have the backing of every hard-working member of my guild when I do start kicking the deadweight.

In the meanwhile, am I going to abuse the system, or "discriminate"? No. I'm a realist and understand that RL and family and work and other sort of obligations come first. I remind my guildmembers on a regular basis to NOT donate at the expense of their own advancement (although, getting to the SH armor has been VERY good motivation for us all).

Not every guild out there wants to have the best of the best of the best, SIR! Not every guild leader out there is out to screw over the guild members. So yes, the system will be abused. But not by me. I can think of a number of other similar guilds who feel the same as I do... and they won't "discriminate" either.

header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    unfated99unfated99 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    I vote yes.

1. I pick up stuff I don't use all the time. Might as well contribute it to the guild - it's not as if I just give it away either.
    2. How can I expect guild benefits if I'm not willing to contribute to the guild?
    3. I trust my Guild Leaders to be fair in their expectations. If I don't, I'm probably in the wrong guild.
    4. Nobody ever put a gun to my head to join my guild. It's quite possible to solo along and PUG dungeons (and just skip this whole mod.)

It's a simple matter of give something to get something - just like RL.
  • Options
    coliercolier Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited August 2015

Yesterday I gave a green level 60 artifact (Lethander's, I had it in my bank for so long and couldn't decide what to do with it) belt to my only other guild mate (yes, there's only 2 of us) for a couple of hours of doing Heroic Encounters together.

Only 2 of you and you want to monitor him...lol
  • Options
    viperwitch23viperwitch23 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    Yes I think it is a good idea. I play on Star Trek Online anywhere is such tracking system here it been from the start and no one used to to kick anyone. Well, almost no on. If your guild is good you shouldn't worry about getting kicked out if you really can't afford to give anything.
  • Options
    strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    Opinions seem pretty split. Interesting.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• Options
    MiseryMisery Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    Opinions seem pretty split. Interesting.
    Back from lvling a SW?
    3.8k PvP SW.
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    They said the same thing in STO, but it turned out to be a great feature. while I'm sure bad guilds can abuse it, if that's the case, find another guild. I absolutely want this, not to know who isn't contributing (since I'd never kick for that) but to know who IS contributing (because I want to reward them).
  • Options
    azlanfoxazlanfox Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    Take it from a man who has dedicated his life, up to this point and for a bit more in the future, to the service of others, this is not a direction to go. Monitoring, name and shame, and requirements defeats the fun. I don't know who said this is a competitive game, but a little bit of PvP here and there and a single guild module does not turn this into a competitive experience. Find a MOBA if you need that.

I'd rather keep it simple rather than give a tool for abuse. Those in favor may indeed be honorable people, but a "lock keeps an honest man honest". We live in a world where everyone is fine until one person has a stick (an analogy for a weapon, tool, advantage of some sort). That person then uses that stick to beat others and take what they want from them, until someone gets a bigger stick and then they take over from there doing the same.
    The fox said, "lock and load"

glassdoor.com - Cryptic Studios Review
  • Options
    jjetcomaqqqjjetcomaqqq Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    The tool can work in different ways, submit your idea with a post if you like.

Mine idea is to have a ranking system. Every donation should be calculated by an internal system so a Gem donation count for 'x', an Influence donation count for 'x', etc. and everything get summed up for the final ranking.

This system can incentivate people to commit on Stronghold tasks and let guillmasters track down the ones that do absolutely nothing and slow down entire guild's effort.

Casual oriented guilds will simply ignore the tool so people completely uninterested on commiting would join casual guilds and people very commited will join another type.
    The tool can work in different ways, submit your idea with a post if you like.

Mine idea is to have a ranking system. Every donation should be calculated by an internal system so a Gem donation count for 'x', an Influence donation count for 'x', etc. and everything get summed up for the final ranking.

This system can incentivate people to commit on Stronghold tasks and let guillmasters track down the ones that do absolutely nothing and slow down entire guild's effort.

Casual oriented guilds will simply ignore the tool so people completely uninterested on commiting would join casual guilds and people very commited will join another type.