test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Maintenance Tomorrow 8/21 at 7am PDT

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
edited August 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Update 8:25am PDT: Maintenance has completed early!

We'll be having an emergency maintenance tomorrow 8/21 at 7am PDT to fix some major issues.
Patch notes here: http://bit.ly/1EG9ZMX

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Post edited by strumslinger on

Comments

• wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    that it? what about those eCC's archers still hitting everyone one shotted? there other mobs still not even tone down.
    with my GF tank, with 2.2k and my shield up after i taunted, they still hit me one shotted like if my shield didnt exist.

i think they have overbuffed and ignore armors with deadly penerations or etheral weapons.
    and wright commanders seem to have overkill drains, and red radius effect are little too big for Gf to run off, it is either way to die, slow runs mean death, with shield up to resist mean instant death.
  • nannhynannhy Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    I have an issue with my game client, when its starts and reaches the player selection screen, i cant select or click anything, i have to press ALT+Tab to bring focus to the game windows for it to work... never had this issue before the update.
  • zbkoldezbkolde Member Posts: 689 Arc User
    *sigh* Just gonna leave this here...
    zbkolde wrote: »
    There is a good reason for the cap, even if it is inconvenient for some. Imagine if members were free to donate as much as they want, while there is a cap on coffer storage. Some members with tons of resources would fill up the coffer, leaving other members locked out from donating anything. Having the cap helps to prevent that from happening.

We have a small guild with only a handful of us contributing. Yes we approached the cap, or in a couple of cases hit the cap, before we got our marketplace built. But, we still had alts to switch to and donate more.

Imagine being a big guild, with lots of members, and unlimited donations. Many members would never have a chance to donate anything, never a chance to earn any Guild Marks. The cap is meant to help keep that from happening.

There is no way to find a perfect solution for every guild. Such is life. What is good for one is usually not good for another.
    zbkolde wrote: »
    so in my small guild, does this limit the amount i can donate? Does this mean we can only progress so far?

It would only be a struggle until you get the Marketplace built. Once you have the Marketplace, you can spend Guild Marks to make room for more donating. Use alts as much as you can, make new characters if you're able, try to encourage other members to help, or try to recruit. Getting the Marketplace built is a significant milestone, as now you can spend Guild Marks (the food is pretty great imo), and also other members can look at the gear and things they could buy if they helped to donate, which gives incentive to contribute.
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    magenubbie wrote: »
    If this is truly all they intend to fix tomorrow, I call BS on this second maintenance being required. Don't get me wrong, I hope the fix will help a lot of people. But this didn't drop out of thin air today. They knew this was in the making. A responsible manager would have postponed today's maintenance till tomorrow or Monday if they had to to include this fix.

How did they know "this was in the making"?

One of the fixes is to allow guildmark-capped players to contribute to the coffer -- which was broken with today's maintenance. This is a new bug that completely stymies small guilds.

The other fix is additional remedies for people crashing when they try to play. If you don't think that's a required fix, you obviously aren't having this problem; but for those who do, waiting a week for the next scheduled maintenance means another week they can't play.

• fatgunsfatguns Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    Realy?! REALY?! THE PVP QUE IS STILL BROKEN >.>
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    wylonus wrote: »
    that it? what about those eCC's archers still hitting everyone one shotted? there other mobs still not even tone down.
    with my GF tank, with 2.2k and my shield up after i taunted, they still hit me one shotted like if my shield didnt exist.

i think they have overbuffed and ignore armors with deadly penerations or etheral weapons.
    and wright commanders seem to have overkill drains, and red radius effect are little too big for Gf to run off, it is either way to die, slow runs mean death, with shield up to resist mean instant death.

i advise to get a dc full heal with u, ad the rest hdps players, i use my tr def strike behind them and dazzle them, or smoke bomb tr combat advantage works well behing them, i hope i could help :)
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    Very cool, @strumslinger ... thanks to you and team for putting in some long hours.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • nickbittnickbitt Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    so i will be able to playing game then yes?
  • quaranaxquaranax Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    It's a real shame the didn't put the glory donation fix into this, i can imagine it must be a really simple fix.

• mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    Thanks for the quick fix I think there is some real tierd developers there that had to get the fix done before the weekend.

Great Job.
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• archanarchistarchanarchist Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    magenubbie wrote: »
    If this is truly all they intend to fix tomorrow, I call BS on this second maintenance being required. Don't get me wrong, I hope the fix will help a lot of people. But this didn't drop out of thin air today. They knew this was in the making. A responsible manager would have postponed today's maintenance till tomorrow or Monday if they had to to include this fix.

How did they know "this was in the making"?

One of the fixes is to allow guildmark-capped players to contribute to the coffer -- which was broken with today's maintenance. This is a new bug that completely stymies small guilds.

they knew it was in the making because i got warned 2 days ago by ppl that had been on preveiw that today my maxed out chars would have to burn some guild marks before they could donate anymore influence, could still donate gems ect
  • archanarchistarchanarchist Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    what would of been nice with emergency patch was fixing influence lagging out and not giving you rewards i got 75 then 35 for 110 on 2 chars today other one managed 400 but realy frusterating to have even the first rewards lagging out now you used to always get at least the first one or i did up until today.
    still nice to see some stuff getting fixed but the vanishing influence would be nice to fix
  • sharonious_rebelsharonious_rebel Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    what would of been nice with emergency patch was fixing influence lagging out and not giving you rewards i got 75 then 35 for 110 on 2 chars today other one managed 400 but realy frusterating to have even the first rewards lagging out now you used to always get at least the first one or i did up until today.
    still nice to see some stuff getting fixed but the vanishing influence would be nice to fix

Post yesterday's patch, it seemed to be bugging more on major HEs. Our guild started running only smaller HEs for influence and I think I only bugged 1 time across 5 characters (whereas the character that ran major HEs only got influence twice and bugged every other time).
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    They got way to clever with the influence stuff.....and it cost them.

The logic should be simple: Major HEs, 50 Influence, Minor HEs, 20 (numbers arbitrary). Has your toon gained 400 yet today? If no, give influence. If yes, no influence.

The additional tracking of the reducing amounts is totally unnecessary.
  • allybell123allybell123 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 21 Arc User
    I to have client crashes I did try to put in code -d3d9 and this reduced the amount of times it crashed maybe this will help someone :D
  • dreampppdreamppp Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    I to have client crashes I did try to put in code -d3d9 and this reduced the amount of times it crashed maybe this will help someone :D

lot of ppl still get this issue...sadly they say to w8 until 27/08...but dont say the year.
  • nps4nps4 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    We'll be having an emergency maintenance tomorrow 8/21 at 7am PDT to fix some major issues.
    Patch notes here: http://bit.ly/1EG9ZMX

How long is this maintenance supposed to last?

• rubbertrixsrubbertrixs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    ok so know with this new patch i am getting error 36: file was locked that could not be open for writing. count down and repeat. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=983626398335313&set=a.234218149942812.65728.100000638870748&type=1&theater
  • emt27emt27 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    2 maintenance days in a r0w, 0uch.... and this lasting 2 hrs... ill timed cause w0rk is a must, guess will try again t0m0rrw
    Say something relavant or hold your tongue
  • dreampppdreamppp Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    FINALLY!!!! Graphic issue OVER!!!! WHITE SCREEN OF DEATH OVER!!! patch and u can play again fellows!!!

hard work Dev's! well done!

next time test twice before update, soo this problems will not happen and ppl will congratz and do less critics.
  • juliofp70juliofp70 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 109 Arc User
    ok so know with this new patch i am getting error 36: file was locked that could not be open for writing. count down and repeat. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=983626398335313&set=a.234218149942812.65728.100000638870748&type=1&theater

Same here... funny, they take down leadership from gateway and now there are many players loosing AD cause they cant access game to use leadership
    GF Your Personal Yeti - Strawberry Yakuza
  • taitinhakkaajataitinhakkaaja Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    File locked error. any fix?
  • henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    Reboot your PC and see if you can delete/rename the file manually, then verify everything.
  • skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    Server unavailabe at this time? maintenance still going?
  • zagadekezagadeke Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Same got server not available plz post on Twitter and Facebook that this is happening
  • lethandryllethandryl Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Is there any ETA on a fix or work around for the few of us who can not download the patch due to this Error 36?
This discussion has been closed.