test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New bug in Strongholds after today's patch?

wizardsleeves69wizardsleeves69 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 32 Arc User
After today's patch I have been having issues donating certain currencies to my guild's stronghold. I'm in a small guild so we're working towards getting our rank 1 farm and will probably be doing so for another month. Because of this I've already reached my maximum capacity for guild marks on my character, which is 30k.

After doing my dailies from the ranger, builder and the master of coin I went to our guild's coffer and tried to donate my rewards. Before the patch, when I'd try to deposit currencies and other assets to the guild's coffer a window would pop up asking me the quantity that I'd like to deposit, and with a warning that I won't be getting guild marks for these donations since I'm at max capacity. After the patch the window still comes up but now the OK button is grayed out so I can't actually donate. This only happens with certain currencies, so far I've noticed it with the Heroic Shards Of Power and the Adventurer's Shards Of Power and Influence. I can still donate other things like gems and Fey Trinkets. The guild's coffer isn't anywhere near to max capacity for those three currencies, and there isn't anything in my overflow so I can't imagine what else might be causing this.

This all means that I can no longer help my guild advance towards our goal, and since it is a small guild this will eventually halt any possible progress as each member hits the guild mark cap before we have a way to spend them. Perhaps this is not really a bug and is just another way of forcing players into larger guilds?

Maybe I'm just missing something and this also affects other people, not just those with max guild marks? Strongholds is pretty demoralizing to those of us in small guilds as it is, but this means I can't really help at all. Or am I just missing something obvious here?
A decapitated fighter always quits while he's a head.

Comments

• rubbertrixsrubbertrixs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 21 Arc User
    yep me to small guild can not donate how are we supposed to get our stronghold built up if we can not donate.
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Sadly me too. Since I am the main contributer in the guild this is a bit of a problem. I believe it is because we have maxed out Guild marks but that was supposed to be fixed

There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    I'll talk to the devs.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Thanks Strum :smile:
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• rubbertrixsrubbertrixs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 21 Arc User
    figured out a fix un-stack them, shift drag and put them in stacks of one. just did it and donated 10 conqueror's shards of power one at a time
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    Yep. My Guild in SH is dead by this change.

If anything I thought they were going to raise the 30k limit for us,
    not make it impossible to donate! What good is 30k if we can never
    advance the SH far enough to use it?

With Adventurer's Shards locked we won't have enough to continue.
    I guess I could see blocking people when the chosen Building has
    enough of an item, but not beforehand.

*sigh*
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
    figured out a fix un-stack them, shift drag and put them in stacks of one. just did it and donated 10 conqueror's shards of power one at a time

Thank you that worked for me. Just donated 120 Shards, one at a time

• oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    What is the point in capping marks anyways? You are limited to the level of your market and such anyways. I don't understand why any currency is capped I guess.
  • killergilnyc1killergilnyc1 Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    yeah i just noticed this myself about 15 minutes ago. went to put in like 5x of a few dif/ encantsments and i couldnt. but i could put in single ones.

FIX PLZ
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Yes, it only happens for me on the one character that I have maxed out to 30,000 marks. And, yes, unstacking them does get them to work, but that is tedious with influence.
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    I'm maxed on 3 characters, but can still donate...
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • zbkoldezbkolde Member Posts: 689 Arc User
    There is a good reason for the cap, even if it is inconvenient for some. Imagine if members were free to donate as much as they want, while there is a cap on coffer storage. Some members with tons of resources would fill up the coffer, leaving other members locked out from donating anything. Having the cap helps to prevent that from happening.

We have a small guild with only a handful of us contributing. Yes we approached the cap, or in a couple of cases hit the cap, before we got our marketplace built. But, we still had alts to switch to and donate more.

Imagine being a big guild, with lots of members, and unlimited donations. Many members would never have a chance to donate anything, never a chance to earn any Guild Marks. The cap is meant to help keep that from happening.

There is no way to find a perfect solution for every guild. Such is life. What is good for one is usually not good for another.
  • generaldiomedesgeneraldiomedes Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 207 Arc User
    so in my small guild, does this limit the amount i can donate? Does this mean we can only progress so far?
  • wizardsleeves69wizardsleeves69 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 32 Arc User
    so in my small guild, does this limit the amount i can donate? Does this mean we can only progress so far?

For now yes, once you hit 30k guild marks you can't donate more of certain resources. Unless you and your guild members want to donate those certain currencies one at a time by the thousands.
    A decapitated fighter always quits while he's a head.
  • zbkoldezbkolde Member Posts: 689 Arc User

It would only be a struggle until you get the Marketplace built. Once you have the Marketplace, you can spend Guild Marks to make room for more donating. Use alts as much as you can, make new characters if you're able, try to encourage other members to help, or try to recruit. Getting the Marketplace built is a significant milestone, as now you can spend Guild Marks (the food is pretty great imo), and also other members can look at the gear and things they could buy if they helped to donate, which gives incentive to contribute.
  • icyclassicyclass Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    zbkolde wrote: »
    Some members with tons of resources would fill up the coffer, leaving other members locked out from donating anything. Having the cap helps to prevent that from happening.
    Perhaps at a certain size of guild it could work that way, but in my large guild I'm pretty much locked out of donating anything.
    At the beginning it wasn't so bad because in a day or two we'd build something and empty the coffers and I could donate again. Right now it's terrible because we need Conqueror's Shards to progress and I think not many people are doing PvP to get them (I know I'm not...). The next structure we HAVE TO build will also be a PvP one, so this is probably going to go on for weeks.
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    Carp. :( I was hoping PvP buildings were skip-able until the end.
    Then again you need over a million points on those, until they fix
    the last fix. *hibernation mode*

Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • icyclassicyclass Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    Actually I was assuming the tooltip was correct, which may well not be the case.

See http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1201838/stronghold-pvp-towers-required