test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Difficultion reduction (aka the sanity patch)

kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
Just a very quick question. When this patch goes in (I'm guess this week?), will all of our existing Vigilance Task container missions be expired such that we have to start them over? That is to say, if I have, say 12/16 or 15/16 or even 2/16 done on some character, after this patch will I need to start over at 0/8 again?

I'm not asking to be a complainer - I fully understand why it would be needed, and I'm fine with it, if that's how it needs to be. I'm mostly curious because if so, I'm going to hold off doing vigilance tasks for now so I don't accidentally end up having to do half again more rather than half as many.

Also -- can anyone confirm sanity will resume THIS week? All I've seen heretofore is "soon" but I may have missed something somewhere.

Best Answer

• kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Well, the patch is on preview right now so.....
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png

Answers

• ghostragecghostragec Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    DEV please answer when the PC patch releases pls don't forget about it <3:3
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    We know nothing more than "soon", and I'm not expecting to see any actual notes until Wednesday evening, per usual.

I don't think we can know ahead of time if progress will be saved or, "Your Vigilance wrapper is out-of-date and must be restarted. We're sorry for any inconvenience." At least not until there's a preview build up and then it can be tested.

I'm definitely not starting anything new. I hope it won't cause people to lose progress, but not confident.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    I thought this patch wasn't coming till the Xbox Mod 6 roll-out.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    deathbeez wrote: »

No, coming "soon" to PC, and will already be in place when XBox gets their big EE update (thus they will never experience what PC has). We could potentially see something as early as this week. XBox doesn't get patched as often as we do.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User

No, coming "soon" to PC, and will already be in place when XBox gets their big EE update (thus they will never experience what PC has). We could potentially see something as early as this week. XBox doesn't get patched as often as we do.

Note that "as early as this week" is just beckylunatic's guess -- don't start any threads complaining if it's not patched this week.

Personally, I'm more concerned about a fix for influence, but any mmo vet knows you need to be patient: patches come when they're ready.

• santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    deathbeez wrote: »

No, coming "soon" to PC, and will already be in place when XBox gets their big EE update (thus they will never experience what PC has).

I suspected we were beta testers.
  • cyberranger71cyberranger71 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited August 2015

Note that "as early as this week" is just beckylunatic's guess -- don't start any threads complaining if it's not patched this week.

Personally, I'm more concerned about a fix for influence, but any mmo vet knows you need to be patient: patches come when they're ready.
    Yeah Influence should be made more easy. It is holding us form getting 2nd level that should be done by now and on to 3rd. We would be most the way to 3rd by now if not for it being so hard to get Influence. :P
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    I won't be starting any tasks on my alts until the update shows up whether that's tomorrow, next week, December, whatever. I've already leveled up to 70 an HR, GF, DC, CW, OP. I'm burnt out on EE tasks.
    I aim to misbehave
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    well... I have an alt that 2.5 bars to 70 and on the last area of spinward... sooo close...
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    I too am wondering about this as I got to 10/16 in the first zone of Spinward Rise. I would hate to have to do 8 quests over in that zone.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    Well, the precedence is not good. Previously when quests in the journal have been updated you get a message when you next login that apologises and resets them to the start of the new one. So get 'em finished before then I reckon!
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    I will only level alts on 2 exp weeks now.. otherwise, no point, even after this patch is in place. What a boring grind fest, they added to get a few people to buy some stupid exp modifer.. I will never to that, thats for sure, I would just quit first.

I still feel really bad for new players, they tank the brunt of this crapola.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,047 Arc User
    While this is a start, i can't really understand, why they don't include Dread Ring and Sharandar in this adjustment as well.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    well. I managed to get to 70 AND finish spinward on that alt I mention, so it's all good now - I don't have any other alts even close :)
    regenerde wrote: »
    While this is a start, i can't really understand, why they don't include Dread Ring and Sharandar in this adjustment as well.

In what sense? Aren't they rolling back the whole double HP boost? Or is it just in the Vigilance areas? Or do you mean the XP boost?
  • drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    You have a few weeks to get it together.

It is set to coincide with the release of M6 to the Xbox... which is not until early to mid September.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User
    kreatyve wrote: »

so..........? this week, next week, next month?
    ...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
    ..............not this one then.............
    The blog stated that it will be next month. We had about 4 weeks to play with M7, on the preview server, before it was released.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    kvet wrote: »
    well. I managed to get to 70 AND finish spinward on that alt I mention, so it's all good now - I don't have any other alts even close :)

lol you could probably invoke it to 70 before this patch hits.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
    drkbodhi wrote: »
    You have a few weeks to get it together.

It is set to coincide with the release of M6 to the Xbox... which is not until early to mid September.​​

It only makes sense that we continue beta testing until it arrives on XBOX.
    drkbodhi wrote: »
    The blog stated that it will be next month. We had about 4 weeks to play with M7, on the preview server, before it was released.​​

Where did you see this? The last thing I saw was "soon".
    kreatyve wrote: »

Only so much time in the day. I suppose I could move my game to Preview and give up playing, ya know, the GAME. I don't want to download a whole 'nother instance to see the same things, only a little weaker....
    Preview is a lot more fun... even though it is nearly deserted.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,047 Arc User

In what sense? Aren't they rolling back the whole double HP boost? Or is it just in the Vigilance areas? Or do you mean the XP boost?
    Might be a misunderstanding on my side, but there is something about the campaign areas and that they only removed "most" of the HP boosts... and that they want to keep campaign areas "difficult"... whatever that means.

And i had the very slim hope, that they would also take a good look at the costs for equipment from Dread Ring and Sharandar, and may be adjust those costs to a more sane level.
    Letting players get boons and equipment at the same time, without grinding for days for either just one piece of armor or one new boon.

Same goes for the Tyranny of Dragons campaign armor, adjusting the prices, so that new players have a real chance of buying them, when they hit level 61.

This would help players to equip their characters better and to move from there to Icewind Dale and Well of Dragons with a more solid equipment.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    I'm hoping they adjust the XP for DR and Shar dailies as well. It would be counter-productive to reward more XP for 60-70 quests than 70 zones.

And the patch drops today so my GWF may just get to lvl 70 soon \o/
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User

Might be a misunderstanding on my side, but there is something about the campaign areas and that they only removed "most" of the HP boosts... and that they want to keep campaign areas "difficult"... whatever that means.

And i had the very slim hope, that they would also take a good look at the costs for equipment from Dread Ring and Sharandar, and may be adjust those costs to a more sane level.
    Letting players get boons and equipment at the same time, without grinding for days for either just one piece of armor or one new boon.

Same goes for the Tyranny of Dragons campaign armor, adjusting the prices, so that new players have a real chance of buying them, when they hit level 61.

This would help players to equip their characters better and to move from there to Icewind Dale and Well of Dragons with a more solid equipment.

Even when the cap was 60 though you couldn't just jump into IWD or WoD unless you bought gear after you capped a character. It's always taken more, why should they change that? Unless this is not what you were calling for and I'm misunderstanding you.
  • l0rddukel0rdduke Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    So with today's patch they updated the difficult and speed for leveling 61-70 ? I've see in the notes that the vigilant quest gives more XP so i suppose that they did it :P.
  • stonewall72stonewall72 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Logged in and it looks like all my Vigilant tasks were reset back to Zero. Was this supposed to happen?
    l0rdduke wrote: »
    So with today's patch they updated the difficult and speed for leveling 61-70 ? I've see in the notes that the vigilant quest gives more XP so i suppose that they did it :P.

Actually, I've been leaving a mess anywhere I go. Difficulty is dropped everywhere. Easiest Biggrun I've seen since Mod6 hit.