test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

pvp needs a way to maximize immunity to dazeing

respectpaysrespectpays Member Posts: 344 Arc User
ive noticed 90% of tr's cw's clerics have all daz encounters even if u use full profound with maximized control resist it does nothing u need to balance this out this is probly the biggest problem in pvp and the biggest issue why people don't stand a chance or have a extremely unfair advantage. the way I see daz it should only stop a attack or give a 3second window to flee or run after the 3 second the target should have imunity to that daz for 10seconds because when u have 5ppl dazeing you obviously that's unfair even if ur teams there a lot of dazes are overtime daz=overpowered needs to be set to the above rule.

Comments

• Options
    darnximxdeaddarnximxdead Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    honestly, i personally would like another Queue to matchmaking that only allows 1 of any class per team(it's own leaderboards); similar too the dungeon matchmaking with a few tweaks(probably take longer, but worth the wait imo).

but indeed...

• Options
    this will only get worse to be completely honest with you im from pc and the next pvp that comes out if these players still exist that content died in a very very short time along with pvp all together if they deal with it now they can save the content if not games goingto die very quickly
  • Options
    darkpathslpdarkpathslp Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    sadly I feel the same way the game is boring I have to force myself to play pvp and when I do it just reaffirms how unbalanced the gameplay is. Starting to think this is as good as it gets and ARC is only trying to milk it for all its worth as long as they can.
  • Options
    mercbenz360mercbenz360 Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    Its pretty surprising when MMOs solved the stun lock issue decades ago, yet NW just lets it linger. Losing a lot of pvp players and its quite easy to fix. Daoc ages ago even had it so if you stun someone that is stunned it breaks it. Added a ton of teamwork and helped prevent assist trains and stun spam.

Example
    Stun + stun = cuts original stun time in half.
    1-2 second immunity post stun.

Games have fixed this with this and many other ways. No idea why these devs refuse to fix it.
  • Options
    one thing I don't get is if it was a problem on pc why would u even give it the option on xbox like common if its a problem here its going to be a problem over there common sense plz they don't learn from mistakes
  • Options
    one thing I don't get is if it was a problem on pc why would u even give it the option on xbox like common if its a problem here its going to be a problem over there common sense plz they don't learn from mistakes

I really don't understand that either. It's also been a huge problem historically with other MMOs, and it's been solved. It's like the developers aren't playing any modern games within the last 20 years. DAOC started with Stungard and quickly fixed it, SWTOR had issues and made fixes, WoW even had issues (sheeping). They also left in the Black Tiamat head bug that can destroy a whole raid.

I'm baffled by their active desire to self destruct and repeating of past mistakes.

• Options
    skeld11skeld11 Member Posts: 225 Arc User

I really don't understand that either. It's also been a huge problem historically with other MMOs, and it's been solved. It's like the developers aren't playing any modern games within the last 20 years. DAOC started with Stungard and quickly fixed it, SWTOR had issues and made fixes, WoW even had issues (sheeping). They also left in the Black Tiamat head bug that can destroy a whole raid.

I'm baffled by their active desire to self destruct and repeating of past mistakes.

I'm guessing they don't have the manpower or want to spend the time to do anything other than copy and paste?
    GWF
    -ASYLUM-
  • Options
    skeld11 wrote: »

I'm guessing they don't have the manpower or want to spend the time to do anything other than copy and paste?

Well doing nothing and repeating a mistake seems riskier than allocating some coders to that I'd gather.
  • Options
    the thing is tho this honestly doesn't get fixed it gets worse much worse and they fix one problem but you will have a bigger problem in mod 6
  • Options
    I do like the item level update part of it tho that I believe should be the same it actually benefits players altho your next problem is going to be a hr and a unkillable paladin if built right
  • Options
    azuosed89azuosed89 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    i thought hrs were bad in mod 6. i thought cleric, paladin, tank were the hardest to kill and tr, gwf were the most deadly.

dunno why so many ppl say gwf are gods on mod 6. 2 of the three top gwfs on mod 6 still say the class underperform:( and it is carried by the enchantments.
    Gannicus GWF PvP
    DENIAL
  • Options
    azuosed89azuosed89 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    azuosed89 wrote: »
    i thought hrs were bad in mod 6. i thought cleric, paladin, tank were the hardest to kill and tr, gwf were the most deadly.

dunno why so many ppl say gwf are gods on mod 6. 2 of the three top gwfs on mod 6 still say the class underperform:( and it is carried by the enchantments.
    The gwf class scales very well that's why. that's why i like playing a gwf. the more effort i put into building my character with the right stats the more benefits i see.

i was watching a video of a gwf iron vangaurd destroyer taking on like 5 trs consistently coming at him on a flag and he was destroying them 1 by 1 haha. for a good 7mins.

i also saw a video of the supposedly best GWF of PC at the moment getting one shot by a tr.
    Gannicus GWF PvP
    DENIAL
  • Options
    crispyslinky07crispyslinky07 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited August 2015

The gwf class scales very well that's why. that's why i like playing a gwf. the more effort i put into building my character with the right stats the more benefits i see.

i was watching a video of a gwf iron vangaurd destroyer taking on like 5 trs consistently coming at him on a flag and he was destroying them 1 by 1 haha. for a good 7mins.

i also saw a video of the supposedly best GWF of PC at the moment getting one shot by a tr.

Dude gan... your inherit inability to realize the TR role in pvp is borderline pathetic . Even in Mod 5 if a gwf trips you then bam, you'r one shotted. If a tr is fighting a GF then your doing more damage to yourself then the tank. Good luck fighting a dc without shocking ex. One set of hunter roots means you'r dead. One choke by a cw then your dead. Your mind set is ..."oh a tr one shotted me that class is out of balance" .."here's a clip of me being one shotted"
    You need to learn that it's not slayer and a team game, very team orientated. I swear if I gotta hear you whine about how OP a class is after the update I'm gonna just assume your 12 and report you for playing a T rated game lol.
    Ant
    < Goon Squad >
  • Options

Dude gan... your inherit inability to realize the TR role in pvp is borderline pathetic . Even in Mod 5 if a gwf trips you then bam, you'r one shotted. If a tr is fighting a GF then your doing more damage to yourself then the tank. Good luck fighting a dc without shocking ex. One set of hunter roots means you'r dead. One choke by a cw then your dead. Your mind set is ..."oh a tr one shotted me that class is out of balance" .."here's a clip of me being one shotted"
    You need to learn that it's not slayer and a team game, very team orientated. I swear if I gotta hear you whine about how OP a class is after the update I'm gonna just assume your 12 and report you for playing a T rated game lol.

Can anyone make out the damage on this 1 shot? It's over 45,000, since I was at 100% health. 4 piece Profound. Seems legit.

http://xboxclips.com/Skeld1/ec4f1271-5ff1-4e92-b278-2747d0de178e
    GWF
    -ASYLUM-
  • Options
    darnximxdeaddarnximxdead Member Posts: 36 Arc User

Indeed, it's not a slayer game and team base... Yet, if it is indeed a team orientated then why are TR's able too one-shot people; especially a heavy defense class like a GF/GWF like shown below...
    skeld11 wrote: »
    Can anyone make out the damage on this 1 shot? It's over 45,000, since I was at 100% health. 4 piece Profound. Seems legit.

http://xboxclips.com/Skeld1/ec4f1271-5ff1-4e92-b278-2747d0de178e

Doesn't really show team work at all, feels like the TR playing halo and your playing CoD(examples). Ability too avoid dmg an CC breaks make them feel like you have too drain that over-shield before you can kill them VS. there ability too One-Shot you with a throwing knife too the foot.

• Options
    trentbail21trentbail21 Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Yup until rogues have some kind of weakness like less deflection while unstealthed or SOMETHING it wont be quite fair. Its kind of discouraging when you use a 2k at will against anyone else and you hit 200 damage on them while they are in stealth or out of it. Yet they can throw UNLIMITED DAGGERS lol.. seems legit right? I can't wait for mod 6 so they can be reigned in a little bit.
    Find me in game if you want and send me a domination/ gaunt invite. If you are good and im not busy ill play with you. Im not an elitist ill play with almost anyone.
  • Options
    ceemaus2020ceemaus2020 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    I find the biggest problem with games today is that they have become more about money and less about skill and knowledge. Even worse is the fact that people who make them dont even play said game they are creating past development and just assume that the time they spent playing with themselves is sufficient enough to assume there are no problems... or they just didnt play it much to begin with
  • Options
    ceemaus2020ceemaus2020 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    I have a cw whom is 20k when focused on pve 17k when not and no matter how much cr, cc, tenacity I have it makes no difference when changing that 2200 tenacity, 900 control resist, 1200 cb doesnt stop stunlocks and cloakin it makes the game highly miserable without trs and hr or dcs healing u... regardless of how good people think they are u segregate that combo alone u fall faster than <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>... there needs to be some sort of bslance not this oh have 10k teams that overruse stunlocks making people 2x them sit there and watch themselves die
  • Options
    ogm3rkedogm3rked Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    An unfair advantage? Tr's daze, cw's hold, hr's hold, dc's stun, gf's knock down, gwf's hold, sw's knock down. Every class has a control ability and if you build your toon right you can utilize that in pvp. You guys that don't know how to pvp go on and on about this but if you dumped points into defense, deflect, and regen and worried more about surviving instead of dumping everything into power and crit trying to out dps eveyone, you'd see better results. Pvp is more strategic than running around trying to get 20 kills, it's about surviving.
  • Options
    somemintsomemint Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    ogm3rked wrote: »
    An unfair advantage? Tr's daze, cw's hold, hr's hold, dc's stun, gf's knock down, gwf's hold, sw's knock down. Every class has a control ability and if you build your toon right you can utilize that in pvp.

Please show me CW who can perma-daze. Thank you.
  • Options
    somemint wrote: »
    An unfair advantage? Tr's daze, cw's hold, hr's hold, dc's stun, gf's knock down, gwf's hold, sw's knock down. Every class has a control ability and if you build your toon right you can utilize that in pvp.

When did I say they could perma daze? I said each class has a control ability that can be utilized in pvp.
  • Options
    somemintsomemint Member Posts: 37 Arc User

When did I say they could perma daze? I said each class has a control ability that can be utilized in pvp.

Each class has a control ability that can be utilized in PvP, but 11k gs TR has an ability to easily perma-daze anyone. Seems legit.

• Options

Each class has a control ability that can be utilized in PvP, but 11k gs TR has an ability to easily perma-daze anyone. Seems legit.
    Here we go. Another lousy pvper complaining about an 11k rogue. If you focus on there rotation and counter it rogues easily go down
  • Options
    kronosopkronosop Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    First post on these forums.

15k CW here. Rogues really aren't as hard to kill as everyone makes them out to be. If you are awake and alert and quick enough, their attacks are actually quite easy to dodge. I have played people from every class that are skilled and every class as the ability to kill any other class. That's a fact. It may be a bit easier for rogues, but it's nothing insane like some of you make it out to be.
  • Options
    But some classes don't have a dodge.
    GWF
    -ASYLUM-
  • Options
    darkpathslpdarkpathslp Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    kronosop as a SW I have no dodge so imagine how frustrating it is when someone can from invis teleport to me, daze me, snare me, and kill me before I can cast a spell with a full profound set and 30k hps.

I have never dodged an daze or stun from any class that includes CW's. Most of my dammage as a SW is done with DOT's or dammage over time. When a rogue goes invis all my dots fall off and they magically they get to go into full regen.

Your choke and ice knife are instant casts. My spells all take time which makes no sense to me as warlocks don't cast spells like other magic users they are invocations that should only require my focus of attention "http://dndtools.pw/classes/warlock/"
  • Options
    matthew13491matthew13491 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    kronosop as a SW I have no dodge so imagine how frustrating it is when someone can from invis teleport to me, daze me, snare me, and kill me before I can cast a spell with a full profound set and 30k hps.

I have never dodged an daze or stun from any class that includes CW's. Most of my dammage as a SW is done with DOT's or dammage over time. When a rogue goes invis all my dots fall off and they magically they get to go into full regen.

Your choke and ice knife are instant casts. My spells all take time which makes no sense to me as warlocks don't cast spells like other magic users they are invocations that should only require my focus of attention "http://dndtools.pw/classes/warlock/"

Okay you do dodge daze... you must not notice, while you are using your stamina to glide, you are immune to cc.... I know, I've tried to cc sw during their glide, NEVER works. Also your dots do damage while stealthed, they don't just "drop off". I'm sure many other TRs like myself use potions and waters while stealthed. It's not magic, you can do the same thing if you use waters and potions.

I'm not saying all the stuns TRs get is fair, just saying you can dodge them. Also you can prone and nuke enemies, best defense for you. Try avoiding 1v1 against TR and use your team as a shield or hug your cleric. You can nuke TRs with your spells and the invis won't save them (see above).