test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Help me with build for damage

tuncextuncex Member Posts: 38 Arc User
what the best build for damage in pve and pvp but mostly pve? My friend plays sw and has done half the paladin damage of our group, there's something wrong.

Comments

• Options
    lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User
    build for damage - build a gwf.
    ...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
    ..............not this one then.............
  • Options
    ibarenasibarenas Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    I think people really dont know how to play this class, yeah is hard( but sometimes amazing) for pvp and there are a lot of things to work on but sw fury still can do better dps than a gwf cw hr and tr with same iL. One of these days ill post a guide because seems like nobody knows how to use this class.
  • Options
    fernuufernuu Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    Yeah, most people don't even know how to cast TT correctly or how to build a combo. SW mechanics aren't easy but are highly rewarding.
    https://youtube.com/c/FernuStormborn

Mod 10:
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Killing Flames deals 16636893 (1009292) Fire Damage to Ethraniev Marrowslake.

Mod 9:
    [Combat (Self)] Your Murderous Flames deals 376274433 (18876929) Fire Damage to Red Tiamat Head.
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    ibarenas wrote: »
    I think people really dont know how to play this class, yeah is hard( but sometimes amazing) for pvp and there are a lot of things to work on but sw fury still can do better dps than a gwf cw hr and tr with same iL. One of these days ill post a guide because seems like nobody knows how to use this class.

Yes please, show us a video with your fury lock outdamaging a GWF wearing p Vorp and lolset same iL
    You really make me lough, and obviously know the wrong GWF
  • Options
    Just respeced to fury - will post tommorow/day after some video.

Mod 10:
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Killing Flames deals 16636893 (1009292) Fire Damage to Ethraniev Marrowslake.

Mod 9:
    [Combat (Self)] Your Murderous Flames deals 376274433 (18876929) Fire Damage to Red Tiamat Head.
  • Options
    My friend uses build fury and its damage is still less than the op and everyone else. he has 2,4k gs and critical chance by 51%, 63% inguinore resistance, almost 10k of power. he uses ion stone of the black dragon.

he already used two paths, Hellbringer was more effective in causing damage, but causes less damage to other classes including paladins
  • Options
    An average GWF who is able to press 3 buttons in the right order will outdamage your furylock 2 times in most dungeons
    Every GWF that fails in that case, has to be considered performing just bad
    Wearing pVorp+ lolset your IBS deals huge damage, with 2,3 k GS its up to 300k+, and I consider myself being a bad melee, since allways played caster-classes in all mmo's
    My GWF that has a PVP setup solos dailies, IWD, WoD about 3 to 4 times faster than my better geared warlock
  • Options
    syedazlisyedazli Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    paladin easy to kill in pvp , when he afk :)
  • Options
    taitinhakkaajataitinhakkaaja Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    I'm waiting for some promised videos...
    OP ain't that hard to kill in 1v1, just takes some time :smile:
  • Options
    treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    tuncex wrote: »
    what the best build for damage in pve and pvp but mostly pve? My friend plays sw and has done half the paladin damage of our group, there's something wrong.

The best damage build is soulbinder fury atm, this would be my build is i wasn't temptation:

http://nwcalc.com/index.html#/sw?b=23ci:k6rwk5:8dep:5tb7d,19iiu2i:150z0z1:1000000:150uu00&h=0&p=slb

And yes, SW can deal as much damage as gwf, but in single target, i deal 130k with killing flames ending bosses, and i'm temptation/fury so, cap feat for fury deals 60% the necrotic damage over 8 seconds, SW have a naturally good critic chance, soul scorch is single target and you can get hits of 60k critic, imagine a wave of luck with 6 soul scorch criticals....
    Post edited by treesclimber on

• Options
    I don't know about bugged gear damage, but legit build SW can't compete in dps with gwf. If you want to proof me wrong i can try to arrange you to some dungeon run with our guild's gwf players.
  • Options
    treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    I don't know about bugged gear damage, but legit build SW can't compete in dps with gwf. If you want to proof me wrong i can try to arrange you to some dungeon run with our guild's gwf players.

True that, i've seen fury scoring 30 milion on lostmauth when i was pugging, but it was Bis, BI set so... crazy dude with unmesured power.

• Options

I would love that - Fernu Stormborn@fernuu

About videos - I was on delegation for 4-5 days but in 2-3 days I'll upload video from dungeon (T2, T1 - both) as a soulbinder fury warlock.

Mod 10:

Mod 9:
  • Options
    drifter902drifter902 Member Posts: 13 Arc User

The best damage build is soulbinder fury atm, this would be my build is i wasn't temptation:

http://nwcalc.com/index.html#/sw?b=23ci:k6rwk5:8dep:5tb7d,19iiu2i:150z0z1:1000000:150uu00&h=0&p=slb

And yes, SW can deal as much damage as gwf, but in single target, i deal 130k with killing flames ending bosses, and i'm temptation/fury so, cap feat for fury doubles the necrotic damage over 8 seconds, SW have a naturally good critic chance, soul scorch is single target and you can get hits of 60k critic, imagine a wave of luck with 6 soul scorch criticals for 60k, 60*6*2= 720k in a bit, to the ones complaining, learn the class.

i sent you a PM. I've been looking around for someone on PC with my playstyle (i'm on xbox) and I have some questions about your build.
  • Options
    edited August 2015

And yes, SW can deal as much damage as gwf, but in single target, i deal 130k with killing flames ending bosses, and i'm temptation/fury so, cap feat for fury doubles the necrotic damage over 8 seconds, SW have a naturally good critic chance, soul scorch is single target and you can get hits of 60k critic, imagine a wave of luck with 6 soul scorch criticals for 60k, 60*6*2= 720k in a bit, to the ones complaining, learn the class.

Every Video showing a furylock dealing similar damage as equally geared GWF only proves one thing
    You picked the wrong GWF to contest, don't come up with a nub player :)
    There is nothing to prove btw., because everyone knows how bad warlock performs
    Yes indeed damage on single target is good, and would be better if you use immolation spirits in top, they fill up your sparks
    My highest crit from SS was 200k , GS 2,6....but that doesn't change anything if the GWF knows his class
    You just met the wrong ones, or you never do random runs
  • Options
    felix243felix243 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    fernuu wrote: »

I would love that - Fernu Stormborn@fernuu

About videos - I was on delegation for 4-5 days but in 2-3 days I'll upload video from dungeon (T2, T1 - both) as a soulbinder fury warlock.

Fernuuuuuuu im waiting^^
    But why did you change to fury? Wanted to Play legit?
    Or is 60% of your necrotic dmg more then your puppet Deals?
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLjKgJ9MKvs

Help me build sw that can out dps that gwf.
  • Options
    My friend moved to damnation and this with an equivalent damage to gwfs in t1 and t2 epic dungeons.
  • Options
    I've been damnation,fury,hellbringer and soulbinder. Tried all but still can't do decent dps.
  • Options
    I've been damnation,fury,hellbringer and soulbinder. Tried all but still can't do decent dps.

as HB or SB damnation you do lots of damage and can outdamage most GWF in T2 by sure with broken puppet damage
    but, T1 not that much but also good performance
    soloing and dailies is a real pain even with mediocre gear, going WoD is not very funny, every mobgroup is a little bossfight

watch lazalias videos to see a maxed GWF with critbuild doing insane damage

https://youtu.be/uIRa8yK5HrQ
  • Options
    Video that i linked is also BIS gwf, so par with Lazalia. I have out damaged many gwf, once gwf had over 1k higher il than me. BUT! I have never beaten damage of equal il gwf, who knows how to play his class.
    Just playing IWD and WOD feels like constant T1 grind -> spend 100gp in week to injury kits :/. Item level 2.6k hellbringer fury.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    I'm waiting for some promised videos...
    OP ain't that hard to kill in 1v1, just takes some time :smile:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=uBst89sfIzU
    felix243 wrote: »
    Fernuuuuuuu im waiting^^
    But why did you change to fury? Wanted to Play legit?
    Or is 60% of your necrotic dmg more then your puppet Deals?

It's not only about 60% necrotic damage but other buffs from Fury tree. But yeah - Creeping Death combined with Soul Scorch and Dreadtheft is amazing.

Why switched to Fury? Because it's better with good gear, it's always better on T1/Tiamat/Heralds and it's best for PvP.

There was a little mess in this run - we wiped, one lost connection, me and DC tried to "solo last fight" - I will make more videos soon.

Mod 10:

Mod 9:
  • Options
    Thanks. So much fun to watch.
  • Options
    nice video, why do you use Dust to Dust in the boss fight? has no use in that case, or am I wrong?
    tbh your performamce is good, your GWF had a bad day or you just do not know the right GWF...as I said before
  • Options
    I'm using Dust to Dust (with Borrowed Times) for 2 reasons:
    1. Insane AP generation
    2. Offhand feature increasing damage.,

Why is AP so important? As you might noticed, I'm casting TT even on bosses (without adds casted). That allowes me to build Creeping Death with full Dreadtheft and 5 Soul Scorches (or even more - depends on crit% luck). I could do that with Warlocks Bargain, but then I would lose another insane damage encounter - Killing Flames, which combined with Morderous Flames can hit for 3 milions alone (or even more - depends on boss HP%).

Here's another video with eCC with another GWF - with higher crit rate etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goGB3Fa4uKQ

Mod 10:

Mod 9:
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    fernuu said:

I'm using Dust to Dust (with Borrowed Times) for 2 reasons:
    1. Insane AP generation
    2. Offhand feature increasing damage.,

Why is AP so important? As you might noticed, I'm casting TT even on bosses (without adds casted). That allowes me to build Creeping Death with full Dreadtheft and 5 Soul Scorches (or even more - depends on crit% luck). I could do that with Warlocks Bargain, but then I would lose another insane damage encounter - Killing Flames, which combined with Morderous Flames can hit for 3 milions alone (or even more - depends on boss HP%).

Here's another video with eCC with another GWF - with higher crit rate etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goGB3Fa4uKQ

I think you missunderstood my question, Dust to Dust is a must have running trash, but inside bossfight you gain zero AP from Dust to Dust because your Soulsparks does not run out and heal you, AP is only gained by getting healed from the outrunning SS imo

I normally take Borrowed time and Shadowslip, somtimes all consuming curse in exchange because all consuming curse places an curse on the target by crit, and this triggers the Dot from Soulscorch and the buff/debuff from Dread Theft and it does also trigger creeping death if I remember correctly my testings on Dummy, this does not happen if you have no WB or the crapp WC on targets, so every crit using all consuming curse triggers the curse mechanic from DT and SS inclusively creeping death

beside that I normally take immolation spirits and TT, TT for groups and immaltion spirits on single Target, its a very good damage they deal, so I never insist spamming dailies

this GWF performs far better, so you really did a good job being on par with him
    Post edited by schietindebux on
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Lesser curse from All Consuming Curse does indeed trigger DoT from Soul Scorch and buff/debuff from Dreadtheft, but it doesn't activate Creeping Death (tested now on dummies to be sure).

And yes - Dust to Dust replenish AP only when they're gone, but still it provides me 5% damage increase from Offhand feature.

In fact - I could swap it with All Consuming Curse Offhand's effect (+5% Crit. Severity) but on trash mobs I'm using Fiery Bolt instead of Soul Scorch so I rather choose 5% overall damage than 5% on crit.

And about Immolation Spirits - I really love them and have been using them all the time as Damnation Warlock - they are doing really good damage and what's more important - they're generating sparks, but still - I would miss Creeping Death then :(

Mod 10:

Mod 9:
  • Options
    fatgunsfatguns Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    LOL, if you wana outdps Lia you'll have to farm AD for the nex year, believe me xD
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    fernuu said:

Lesser curse from All Consuming Curse does indeed trigger DoT from Soul Scorch and buff/debuff from Dreadtheft, but it doesn't activate Creeping Death (tested now on dummies to be sure).

And yes - Dust to Dust replenish AP only when they're gone, but still it provides me 5% damage increase from Offhand feature.

In fact - I could swap it with All Consuming Curse Offhand's effect (+5% Crit. Severity) but on trash mobs I'm using Fiery Bolt instead of Soul Scorch so I rather choose 5% overall damage than 5% on crit.

And about Immolation Spirits - I really love them and have been using them all the time as Damnation Warlock - they are doing really good damage and what's more important - they're generating sparks, but still - I would miss Creeping Death then :(

Why not using Immolation spirits as fury lock?
    its 15 seconds good damage instead of 20 seconds, and they also reload your sparks

my offhand feature is borrowed time for ever, its 15% deflect with 30 sparks, doing PVP this is the most powerfull offhand feature by far imo

all I experience as SB damnation with 2,6kGS is a far better damage in every singel dungeon from T1 to T2 and skirmishes are also far better
    a guild mate just respecced to damnation since I allways and anywhere outdamaged his SB fury 2 or 3 times with my dmnationlock
    last time I run with him elol he came very close in paingiver beeing damnationlock now
    how much of your damage is dealt by creeping death btw

• Options
    fatguns said:

LOL, if you wana outdps Lia you'll have to farm AD for the nex year, believe me xD

:smile: Yeah, she is our guilds leader and i have played with her few times.