test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Working Together to Improve PvP

2»

Comments

• darnximxdeaddarnximxdead Member Posts: 36 Arc User

If the game is so one sided that your entire team is getting campfired, ask the opposing team for 1v1's. Most PvP players will respect the 1v1 and let yall duel. The good PvP players will. Sadly there are some kids that play that will not respect the 1v1 and the winning team can not always control their random teammates. If you ask me for a 1v1 and a random teammate jumps on you, I will be just as mad at him for doing so as you will be.

idk, haven't seen or been in a match that actually let people 1v1. There always that one kid/dude that messes it up, an make people just sit at campfire because of baiting people too there deaths. Sure there some pre-mades, but odds are pretty slim.

ferret, well at least I have a picture of myself on my profile, and if you notice, I am not one of the "teeny-boppers" that play these MMO's. I happen to be a disabled Desert Storm Veteran that uses these video games as stress relief. PVP is a way to earn Astral Diamonds, which is a way to improve equipment WITHOUT having to spend my disability paycheck on ZEN like a lot of the PVPers that have all the legendary artifacts and hold you up in the air, etc., etc., etc. So, yeah if I expect a little respect out of my role-playing games it is because I am old school D&D, literally, when it was out of books, and maps, and peoples imaginations. I don't care how excited they are they landed a kill... You all are talking about trying to improve PVP, I have been in there when it is 900 to 9 - how is that right, and how is that going to get more people to play? Our team finally sat down on the campfire because the other team was camped out right below it. Jump off and die. Really? Oh and get stomped on.... Yeah it isn't real life, but show a little bit of class! Part of the entitlement generation - everyone gets a participation trophy.......................................................................

indeed, it's frustrating but haven't seen too much of it lately.

I don't mind being on either side of the one-sided match, what i find more annoying is the blame game on the losing team people put on other people. Sure, there are some things like under-geared/inexperience/noob but if you queue solo or 3 -man; people need to expect it.

H3ll, i got called useless for the first time today 8*( . Meh... <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> happens, especially playing solo Queue 90% (GF) of the time an duo with a SW other 10% ...

Without noobs... there are only other noobs, how i see it... inexperience/trolls/under-geared players who move on/quit; will only push the blame onto the people who blamed, when they come across someone better. Always got too point the finger on someone else and not yourself [those who place the blame].
  • davidagaldodavidagaldo Member Posts: 383 Arc User

H3ll, i got called useless...

It amazes me how peeps, young (generally inexperienced) or seasoned players (crystallized) seem to think randoms are organized. If you're in a game and none of the other randoms are listed average or better in PvP stats, then hopefully you understand what the outcome may be. Lets be open to a loss and hope for a win.

I would say mics are important but in-game chat seems to be poor (burdened) compared to Live party chat.

I do more of a furious support role when not with the guildies. Don't have to work so hard when with guildies who know each other's pattern. It makes sense to learn the make-up of the team before extending yourself. In the first two minutes I learn my teammates actions and hope they trend well and maintain focus and awareness. But there is always someone who lone wolfs at some point and does not understand how pivotal their role was by leaving the group changing the outcome for themselves and the team.

As for bashing of others, that is lame! I had someone berate the entire team from start to finish when four of us went for the base node and not #2. Strength in numbers, right? So long story short, even at the end he was bashing us, I don't understand how you can take so much time during the game to chat instead of trying to make a difference. WE WON! I finished second overall with my DPS cleric, the complainer - dead last - wonder why...

Guild: Spectrum
    .. Teucer (HR) / Maximus Decimus (DC) .. GT: ApexDemon
  • skidrowbroskidrowbro Member Posts: 4 Arc User

It amazes me how peeps, young (generally inexperienced) or seasoned players (crystallized) seem to think randoms are organized. If you're in a game and none of the other randoms are listed average or better in PvP stats, then hopefully you understand what the outcome may be. Lets be open to a loss and hope for a win.

I would say mics are important but in-game chat seems to be poor (burdened) compared to Live party chat.

I do more of a furious support role when not with the guildies. Don't have to work so hard when with guildies who know each other's pattern. It makes sense to learn the make-up of the team before extending yourself. In the first two minutes I learn my teammates actions and hope they trend well and maintain focus and awareness. But there is always someone who lone wolfs at some point and does not understand how pivotal their role was by leaving the group changing the outcome for themselves and the team.

As for bashing of others, that is lame! I had someone berate the entire team from start to finish when four of us went for the base node and not #2. Strength in numbers, right? So long story short, even at the end he was bashing us, I don't understand how you can take so much time during the game to chat instead of trying to make a difference. WE WON! I finished second overall with my DPS cleric, the complainer - dead last - wonder why...

Useless are pug TR's who just run around the map hoping to get the most kills.
  • sudnd3thsudnd3th Member Posts: 54 Arc User

Hate to say this but you should always go push for node #2 its basic pvp tactics, win the team fight there and then push for a 1 and 3 with very little competition. If you want 1 to go and get base node by all means but no more. You can have one push for the opposing team's node also.

If people don't have this common mind set where #2 is where the match starts and the objective is to move as a team and win the first big team fight and hopefully split up the opposing teams respawns to make things go in your favor you really shouldn't be going in there. I understand if the fight is long and drawn out one or two ppl breaking off to back cap or cap their point is a good idea.

suDnd3th - LvL 70 PvP WK Scoundrel TR
    Pyx - LvL 60 PvP AC DC Retired

XB1 GT - suDnd3th
    sudnd3th said:

Hate to say this but you should always go push for node #2 its basic pvp tactics,

I totally agree with you, but the game begins where the majority is. I expect the other side to mass on #2. I am not going there with only a rogue to find out. Moreover, the rogue was bashing on someone's GS (11K, the lowest on the team, how mature!) before the gate dropped. He set the tone for the whole game. He was decent (15K GS) but I chose to support the 11k and I made sure the 11K finished strong- 5th and not last like the rogue.

• shoukonsshoukons Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    Match points for healing based on a certain amount. Some match's a single cleric could be the saving grace for your team. Make it worth while to keep your team alive.

Also points for most damage mitigated. ToR has that in their LB's in PvP since they acknowledge tanks in PvP and their value. They also have a Healed amount section in their LB's which all give points and incentive/rewards to play those classes and rolls.

http://i.imgur.com/LbDU1Ky.jpg
    Node Troll
    shoukons said:

Make it worth while to keep your team alive.

http://i.imgur.com/LbDU1Ky.jpg

It did read like I provided support for a single (11k GS) person, I supported the other two that worked as a unit. I singled out the player that berated us the entire game. Futhermore, I am a DPS cleric so I try my best. I keep three powers available to bathe the team with health.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    I love the idea of an immunity between stuns. My main is an average 14.5k DC and I always get singled out (ofc). It's a common occurrence to have HR roots and CW stun or that damn TR AOE that lasts waaay too long at the same time, followed by a couple more stuns so can't move, can't dodge, can't cast, just have to stand there waiting for death.

I understand the tactic, in fact when I'm on my CW I'll happily team up against an opposing DC but the question is one of balance & completely shutting down a player all the way from full health to death without them having fired even once is not balanced.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • azuosed89azuosed89 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    there is not much players can do besides avoid running troll comps (eg multiple trs/dcs/), or trying to stick all pvp players in the same guild.
    the rest is in the hands of the game company, which from PC experience we cannot expect too much to be honest.
    Gannicus GWF PvP
    DENIAL
    azuosed89 said:

there is not much players can do besides avoid running troll comps (eg multiple trs/dcs/), or trying to stick all pvp players in the same guild.
    the rest is in the hands of the game company, which from PC experience we cannot expect too much to be honest.

Well, it looks like the community has to do something about it then. I got an idea.

Node Troll
  • spyg0atspyg0at Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    But seriously folks, the worst part of PVP is PUG's that don't understand the game and don't know what to do. No communication and zero tenacity makes for a HAMSTER match.
    2.5K DC PVP & PVE <Q-Snipe>
    edited September 2015
    Just a question. Is there going to be a PvP Q that two teams can Q up for, where there is no glory gain? Someone was talking about that on PC, but they wouldn't expand on it. If that's true we could get consistent tournament style pvp going team vs team and the teams wouldn't run into pugs. For if that was the case I'd set up the Tournament and run it so we can have good games more often and not pug stomp and not have pugs tear up on the forums and have things resolve itself a bit.

They said it had to do with the Foundry we're getting.
    Node Troll
    we aren't getting the Foundry, I thought?
    Well...it's 2 days before this big patch and they haven't given us patch notes yet so not sure.
    Node Troll
  • kitaarkitaar Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    It's definitely a weird system, and misused. I think a day after I read Roll Tide's comment about troll TR parties.. boom I end up in one, a guild I had never seen but 3 pretty well geared TR's.. it's either that example or the dreaded "we ran into a PVP guild". I like Shoukons example of a how a system should work. I have seen idea's thrown around relating to gear score ques etc, but people would just change out gear once in the instance.

What's strange is if I group with a buddy, just (1). We always seem to get matched up against another premade, is that just fluke, or am I dreaming?
    Xbox GT Shredboy
    Neverwinter Toons:
    Archael 70 HR
    Stajans 70 GF
    Member of Timed Out
    As Shoukons says, team v team & pug v pug separation would be an excellent idea.

If you get a low v high pug team match then it's just the luck of the draw, deal with it and move on - but pug v premade usually has only one outcome.

I'd go so far as to increase the rewards for TvT as by its nature its a harder, more challenging match.

• ceemaus2020ceemaus2020 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    I apologize I should be more clear. First shadow of demise used with plaguefire regardless of defence (for instance I have 3100+, use perfection negation, am not being hit in the back, and have 700-1200 tenacity) still will one shot me yes I dont have a ton of hp im a control wizard but does that still justify getting one shot out of stealth no. Next I have options when it comes to fighting any other class for instance a hr I keep my distance and cc before he closes the distance to root me in place and stun me. However when going up against a perma stun tr regardless of tenacity, race, defense, deflect etc I have like a micro second to dodge whatever skill it is called where they dart at you and start a stun. The blue knife (dazing strike or maybe thats the other one ) I can at least have the ability to dodge without having the reaction time of a robot. but the first one hits and I cant move so a follow up of that afterwards means I get to watch myself die before coming out if stun. Perma stealth can be easily fixed on the other hand requiring more people to stand on a node to contest at least then a 9k tr cant decide the fate of that node against 15-25k other players. Im sorry if I dont know the names of all the skills that are op but its from experience when ur a 19k cw and getting wrecked by a 12k or less tr and you dont even get to have a single hit on your target that something is wrong.
  • ceemaus2020ceemaus2020 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    My thoughts are not baseless considering I have ran a group where we had 2 9k trs, 1 11k, me a 19k cw, and a 11k hr and we beat a group of 5 chars well over 18k who arent idiots just werent using a tr and the only ones to die were the hr and I on our team. To beat them 1000-8 is baffling to me considering they had at least double our combined gearscore and were just as good of players if not better than all of us.
    there are people who bought all the best you can buy but don't know what they're doing. Can't buy skill.
    Just remove the immunities TR's currently have when stealthed. They are unfair and illogical anyway.

That way any aoe skill will have full effect on them - oh and being hit by an attack should knock them out of stealth! With a cool down timer before re-stealthing!

Don't call me a hater though, I'm about to start a TR myself(!) but the key to a good game is balance and the current situation offends my sense of fairness.