What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mass banning going on??!!

Comments

• Options
    zwergenschubserzwergenschubser Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 41 Arc User
    m1957flax wrote: »
    The efficient method was to collect rewards on gateway during loading times. According his description he needed about 30 seconds per char to get them going. He made a video of it to prove it (which I have not seen, but there have been other players commenting on his "clever" way to optimize time).

u can look at bearchasers4 video, total legit actions - no bot/script

https://youtube.com/watch?v=7j1in8ma5qE
    [Mitteilung] Von [Brienne von Tarth]: ach du bist der klugscheißer aus dem forum, wird ja immer schöner xD
    [Mitteilung] an [Brienne von Tarth]: ja genau der bin ich
    [Systemmeldung] Brienne von Tarth ignoriert Sie.
    [Mitteilung] an [mich selbst]: pvp ist schon geil
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User

The efficient method was to collect rewards on gateway during loading times. According his description he needed about 30 seconds per char to get them going. He made a video of it to prove it (which I have not seen, but there have been other players commenting on his "clever" way to optimize time).

u can look at bearchasers4 video, total legit actions - no bot/script

https://youtube.com/watch?v=7j1in8ma5qE

I'd like to think that what they posted there of them actually playing with no script involved was what they did 100% of the time. Past experience has taught me however that I should not give bearchasers4 or anyone else the benefit of the doubt on this. Too often people make claims that while they could work, aren't actually followed because an exploit, bot, etc are quicker and easier. I'm a very cynical individual and I do not trust someones claims when they have every reason to lie and no reason not to.

• Options
    rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    I think we probably hit on the exact reason for the bannings, which is suspicious transfers of large amounts of AD via the auction house. Everyone is focusing on "Why can't we do leadership with 50 characters!!!!" when that's not the actual issue. I'm betting there are tons of people with lots of leadership alts who are doing just fine and not getting banned - because ALL of their activity is restricted to one account.

Don't transfer large amounts of AD between accounts.
  • Options
    wentriswentris Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    I think we probably hit on the exact reason for the bannings, which is suspicious transfers of large amounts of AD via the auction house. Everyone is focusing on "Why can't we do leadership with 50 characters!!!!" when that's not the actual issue. I'm betting there are tons of people with lots of leadership alts who are doing just fine and not getting banned - because ALL of their activity is restricted to one account.

Don't transfer large amounts of AD between accounts.

This.
    Surely there was some misinformation in bearchasers ban - official Cryptic statement about ban reason (botting/generating too much AD) being one of them. Poor/incomplete german translations another one. I think their ban targets are ad sellers and transferring income from 50 toons to another account looks like selling it from their point of view and THATS why he got banned, leadership had nothing to do with it.
  • Options
    m1957flaxm1957flax Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    Of course we don't exactly know what other gamers are doing. But their is something odd about this german players forced exit.

Before there was a hint on transgressions, there was that talk of "fair use". If the player did botting, that talk would have been unnecessary. Official saying that he broke the TOS would have been sufficient to shut off any discussion. But talking about unwritten rules and "fair use" make me concerned that there has been no break of rules.
    Break the rules and it is "he did wrong". No more words would have been necessary.
    Break no rules and just think that this guy has been just more successful than you wanted him to be and it is "fair use" or something you can get no hold on. --> And that is what bothers me and I believe that it is bothering a part of the german community. How are you able to follow rules, if they are not stated somewhere.

I believe, we will never see that rules. If they sell 50+ chars and if we use normal game mechanics on farming (which the game requests us to do anyway) and we earn more ressources than expected, they can never tell us, we are wrong in a special way. If they sell stuff we are not allowed to use, they cheat on us. They will never say anything that will bring them in trouble that way.
  • Options
    umcjdkingumcjdking Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    As long as you have 50 characters on one account, you're fine.

If, however, you had 25 accounts (for instance), then you may well be in violation of the TOS. If they determine that excessive usage of leadership on multiple accounts is causing you to have too much AD, causing you to have an undue influence on the economy, well, they could take action.

This is incorrect.

I was banned (eventually it was lifted) for doing leadership tasks, invoking and running SCA multiple times a day on ONE account. I literally had to prove to them that I didn't bot during the audited period. I've logged in once since then.

They are auditing and banning accounts at the cyclic rate at this point. Probably an attempt to flush the player base whale/exploiter before the last big marketing push.
  • Options
    MantaraMantara Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    Wants a leadership army...
    Spends a few hours making alt handles...
    transfers(sells) a few mill between farm accounts to main..
    gets banhammer.

Why do these nubs not realize how absolutley cheep character slots are for an f2p game. Besides your first two toons pays for new slots in about a month with leadership. Just extrapolate from there. I know people with 20+ characters on one account all free just from leadership in well under 5 months.

I have one of each class and that is all i can handle, i make more than enough AD to be happy and i dont have to be worried about looking like a robofarming gold spamming f-tard that are, as of late, getting the smackdown.

Here are a few words of wisdom from history I take to heart.

git gud scrubs.
    ~Confucius
  • Options
    wentris wrote: »
    ...leadership had nothing to do with it.
    wrong - it IS leadership (see quote from below)
    umcjdking wrote: »
    I was banned (eventually it was lifted) for doing leadership tasks, invoking and running SCA multiple times a day on ONE account. I literally had to prove to them that I didn't bot during the audited period. I've logged in once since then.

• Options
    wentriswentris Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    wrong - it IS leadership (see quote from below)

Perhaps Im wrong... or perhaps he also moved leadershipped AD between toons on his account and that caused ban (as macjae says). Obviously this would be a bug in ad seller detection engine, a pretty major one, I would say.

edit: That would explain ban of one of my friends - he didnt do leadership at all, but we run dungeons together and during AD x 2 weekend he moved, through bank, a lot of blue salvageable items on his alts and has recently moved the salvaged AD to main...

• Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Reading this it feels like the company banned ppl just in case they have too much AD, sell too much stuff in AH , transfer AD between accounts etc.
    Looks a bit like random decisions,
    I read in this forum of player who spend real money to this game and got banned for no obvious reason, some of them took help from a lawyer and got everything back
    The company would otherwise be forced to pay back the money you spend, bc its a contract that has to be fullfilled from both sides
    Offering a broken product, never fixing it in time and blaming/banning the user for undifined abusive behavior?
    No they will lose in any case because its their fault not taking care of this mess, otherwise they should stop accepting any money for it
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    In the end, we do not know what information customer service has to support their ban. They will not reveal that information to any of us so sitting here arguing the reasons for it is rather pointless. If you have been banned from the game and you feel it is in error, your only course of action is through customer service.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options

You just mentioned most of the reasons, why they keep their answers and rules in vague wording: avoid legal consequences.

To me it seems, that when you are a bit to clever to streamline your operations and when it rewards you well, you're making yourself prone to a ban hammer. You may be lucky to receive a reason and then you may prove them wrong. But there is no guarantee on being successful.
    In fact, you have to be careful to use ordinary game mechanics efficiently. This sucks. Although they say, they check manually for any suspected behaviour, the postings seem to say that the verdict tends to be light handed and to the harsh side. I don't like that as a legit player who has spend money on the game.

My conclusion: don't spend money on a game, where you don't have the right to use the game according the rules.
  • Options
    kreatyve wrote: »
    In the end, we do not know what information customer service has to support their ban. They will not reveal that information to any of us so sitting here arguing the reasons for it is rather pointless. If you have been banned from the game and you feel it is in error, your only course of action is through customer service.

Yes but pointless argument is one of the things the internet was made for.
  • Options
    henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    charononus wrote: »

Oh no it wasn't...
  • Options

And it helps you and others to decide where NOT to put your money.
    I have learned that lesson well.
  • Options

You just mentioned most of the reasons, why they keep their answers and rules in vague wording: avoid legal consequences.

To me it seems, that when you are a bit to clever to streamline your operations and when it rewards you well, you're making yourself prone to a ban hammer. You may be lucky to receive a reason and then you may prove them wrong. But there is no guarantee on being successful.
    In fact, you have to be careful to use ordinary game mechanics efficiently. This sucks. Although they say, they check manually for any suspected behaviour, the postings seem to say that the verdict tends to be light handed and to the harsh side. I don't like that as a legit player who has spend money on the game.

My conclusion: don't spend money on a game, where you don't have the right to use the game according the rules.

Why are you getting so worked up based on the word of one banned individual that has every reason to lie? He may be being honest but no one can ever know that but him and maybe cryptic. You seem to be way more upset than you should be for something that may be nothing.

• Options

Why are you getting so worked up based on the word of one banned individual that has every reason to lie? He may be being honest but no one can ever know that but him and maybe cryptic. You seem to be way more upset than you should be for something that may be nothing.

Because he was banned AFTER he posted his achievements on the forums. He asked, if it would be okay to USE the game mechanics with about 50 characters on ONE account to farm AD with leadership. He had no reason to lie at that point. And the first official comment, said something about "fair use" because he was simply to successfull. At that time there was no mention of breaking the rules. If he had violated the TOS, they would have said so from the start and nobody would have cared about him. It's those odd reactions, that made me believe him - more than anything else.

Somebody messed up something and I don't believe it was him. Now, they cannot get out of it without loosing face. And the fact, that it can happen to any of us while doing the things the game was made for, troubles me a lot.
  • Options

Because he was banned AFTER he posted his achievements on the forums. He asked, if it would be okay to USE the game mechanics with about 50 characters on ONE account to farm AD with leadership. He had no reason to lie at that point. And the first official comment, said something about "fair use" because he was simply to successfull. At that time there was no mention of breaking the rules. If he had violated the TOS, they would have said so from the start and nobody would have cared about him. It's those odd reactions, that made me believe him - more than anything else.

Somebody messed up something and I don't believe it was him. Now, they cannot get out of it without loosing face. And the fact, that it can happen to any of us while doing the things the game was made for, troubles me a lot.

He had reason to lie back before he was banned. Other people looked at it as an achievement. You yourself just called it one. That's enough reason for some people to lie. I don't trust either side here, but I see a lot less reason for cryptic to ban a customer for kicks than there is for him to lie. You're talking about people loosing face and being on the hook for something that can't even come close to being proven.

metalldjt wrote: »

and why should we be ignorants towards other people? oh yea if it's not happening to me, then i am fine, if it's happening to other <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> him.

you are that kind of person that if u see someone on the street choking you wont help him?
    because its between him and GOD.
    no dude.

Being ignorant? Ignorance is a lack of knowledge. Jumping to conclusions that the customer is an angel who would never lie and the company is evil is ignorant. As far as choking, no and I find that you calling me religious extremely insulting. I'm not that brain dead as to believe in the flying spaghetti monster.

• Options
    edited August 2015

He had reason to lie back before he was banned. Other people looked at it as an achievement. You yourself just called it one. That's enough reason for some people to lie. I don't trust either side here, but I see a lot less reason for cryptic to ban a customer for kicks than there is for him to lie. You're talking about people loosing face and being on the hook for something that can't even come close to being proven.

I admit that it is a possibility of him doing wrong, but as I said the first official comments did not mention any breaking of the TOS. If I would have been in charge, I would have checked that first and if there would have been any clue about wrong ways, I would have mentioned THAT. No more no less.

To me that way to answer officially is a very strong clue, that the player was on the legit side. And if you follow the posts in this thread, you will see that there have been bans on other people as well who had been using leadership to farm some amount of AD with several chars. And those had been partly reinstated after proving their innocense.

That coincidents feed my doubt! And that doubt is not directed towards the players.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    so what happens in that perfect scenario of yours when the company lies?
    It could happen but considering they have motives to not lie, (a customer is how they make money, banned customers make no money) where as customers have every reason to lie, it's going to be rare. When it does happen the company is punished by less revenue.

i've seen people like you doing 180 degrees in their opinions exactly when they will be at their final straw.

so yea, you problably came back to the game, and you are like "that guy has more than i have, so i hope he gets banhammered" more people that get ban makes you feel better.. until you end up being 'succesfull' and you also get banned.
    Nice ad hominem. Ad hominem is a sure sign that you really have no argument, and instead want to distract. Yeah I take breaks, I get bored of grinding one game so I swap between a few. I don't care what pixels others have, I care about if I'm having a good time. The only time that I care what others are doing is if they are straight up exploiting, which has a large history in this game. A very large history. In fact while I won't name names many people who have posted on this forum about their success and what others can do to achieve success have been later banned for exploits, of which there was no doubt about what happened.

so stop acting like this
    1 customer come here and complains and you guys treat him like he is a villain right of the bat, or it's not possible, because a customer it's the last one that should be doubted.

Have you ever worked in customer service? I did when I was younger. The customer is almost always wrong with their facts and will lie every step of the way to get what they want. Never trust a customer. Do the minimum to keep their business so as to maximize profit.

I admit that it is a possibility of him doing wrong, but as I said the first official comments did not mention any breaking of the TOS. If I would have been in charge, I would have checked that first and if there would have been any clue about wrong ways, I would have mentioned THAT. No more no less.

To me that way to answer officially is a very strong clue, that the player was on the legit side. And if you follow the posts in this thread, you will see that there have been bans on other people as well who had been using leadership to farm some amount of AD with several chars. And those had been partly reinstated after proving their innocense.

That coincidents feed my doubt! And that doubt is not directed towards the players.

I don't doubt that some players may have been hit with false positive bans when doing bot banns, then later gotten the bans reversed. The fact that those bans were reversed and this one hasn't been, is more reason to doubt bearwhatever. (sorry can't remember the last part of the handle and am feeling too lazy to look it up.)
  • Options
    clonkyo1 wrote: »
    ... trading AD between accounts was allowed too.

I don't and you should always keep that amount small, just because that looks exactly like what goldsellers do.
    I have several accounts, but I needed them only to create a fleet in STO. I don't send much. Maybe a few Boffs or Doffs and some lowlevel equipment.

High level equipment, ADs or anything really valuable will stay in the account. I won't move it.
  • Options
    so what happens in that perfect scenario of yours when the company lies?
    i've seen people like you doing 180 degrees in their opinions exactly when they will be at their final straw.

so yea, you problably came back to the game, and you are like "that guy has more than i have, so i hope he gets banhammered" more people that get ban makes you feel better.. until you end up being 'succesfull' and you also get banned.

so stop acting like this
    1 customer come here and complains and you guys treat him like he is a villain right of the bat, or it's not possible, because a customer it's the last one that should be doubted.
    It could happen but considering they have motives to not lie, (a customer is how they make money, banned customers make no money) where as customers have every reason to lie, it's going to be rare. When it does happen the company is punished by less revenue.

hey what would you do if your account is banned today? what happens if you get a poorly customer service also?
    you have 1 player that plays this game for atleast 2 years around 4-5 hours per day, he gets banned, explain to him what should he do ?

Put in the service ticket. If that falls thru, don't get your blood pressure up and take your money elsewhere. But here's the thing. My account won't be banned as I don't bot and I don't exploit.
  • Options
    rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    My guess is that they have some kind of automated system for banning people who meet specific cumulative criteria of bot-like behavior (50 characters grinding leadership, no money spent on anything other than character slots, not doing anything else with those characters, transferring large amounts of AD via dummy sales on the AH, whatever). So you're not in trouble if you do one or two things, but ALL of the things taken as a whole are automatically flagged as a bot account, and auto-banned. I suspect that maybe they have been banning a lot of people this way and now are having to sift through whether or not they were actually bots or not.
This discussion has been closed.