13»

Comments

• Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    charononus wrote: »
    metalldjt wrote: »

so stop acting like this
    1 customer come here and complains and you guys treat him like he is a villain right of the bat, or it's not possible, because a customer it's the last one that should be doubted.

Have you ever worked in customer service? I did when I was younger. The customer is almost always wrong with their facts and will lie every step of the way to get what they want. Never trust a customer. Do the minimum to keep their business so as to maximize profit.

Except that if you work in customer service the first thing they tell you is the customer is ALWAYS right, no matter what...
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    wentriswentris Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    also You are banned because farming/botting , read the TOS there is no such term in there, when a customer service is sayin this they should pin point exactly what you've violated, but they dont pin point, because there is no evidewnce, its only no money has been found on this account.

Your Account has been banned because it has been found using 3rd party programs, and they should give a straight detail on when it happend.

but when they dont give no answers and the customer only choice is to come here on forums and they say go back at customer service, its not normal.
    The Games are designed for play only as offered through our Service. You agree not to access, create or provide any other means through which the game may be played by others, such as through server emulators. You agree not to use any hardware or software, including but not limited to third party tools, or any other method of support which may in any way influence or give you an advantage in the use of the Services which is not authorized by us, including but not limited to the use of ‘bots’ and/or any other method by which the Service may be played automatically without human input.

P.S. Im pretty sure that bashing customer support is sure way of getting this discussion closed.
  • Options
    m1957flaxm1957flax Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2015

I don't doubt that some players may have been hit with false positive bans when doing bot banns, then later gotten the bans reversed. The fact that those bans were reversed and this one hasn't been, is more reason to doubt bearwhatever. (sorry can't remember the last part of the handle and am feeling too lazy to look it up.)

I've read the complete german thread on this player and believe it of not, he was banned for farming too many ADs from leadership. No mentions of other accounts. Does this sound very much like the other bans mentioned on this thread? Why do you think I thought it fitting to post here?

Not all false positives will be reversed. Support is full of humans. If they handle things wrong, they might try to cover up too. Both sides can be wrong. Sometimes you manage yourself to get in a corner where you don't get out. Reversing that is tricky sometimes or impossible sometimes. That is IMHO what happened here.

As you don't see primarily for mistakes on the company's side, I see to it that the player is not accused simply because he is a player.

I'm not that easy following someones explanation, but here my own thinking does not see any clue for wrongdoing on the player's side. It doesn't add up that way. At least not for me.

PS The officials said in the german thread, that they won't do automatic bans. They would always check it manually. But even if that is true, humans can make mistakes themselves quite well without programs to help them doing it.
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    lirithiel wrote: »

so stop acting like this
    1 customer come here and complains and you guys treat him like he is a villain right of the bat, or it's not possible, because a customer it's the last one that should be doubted.

Have you ever worked in customer service? I did when I was younger. The customer is almost always wrong with their facts and will lie every step of the way to get what they want. Never trust a customer. Do the minimum to keep their business so as to maximize profit.

Except that if you work in customer service the first thing they tell you is the customer is ALWAYS right, no matter what...

No they really don't. Most jobs I worked back then when I had to deal with people the bosses would say not to trust the customers at all. If the customers could prove something to do it, or if it was something simple that could be done fast go and cheap do it.
    m1957flax wrote: »

I don't doubt that some players may have been hit with false positive bans when doing bot banns, then later gotten the bans reversed. The fact that those bans were reversed and this one hasn't been, is more reason to doubt bearwhatever. (sorry can't remember the last part of the handle and am feeling too lazy to look it up.)

I've read the complete german thread on this player and believe it of not, he was banned for farming too many ADs from leadership. No mentions of other accounts. Does this sound very much like the other bans mentioned on this thread? Why do you think I thought it fitting to post here?

Not all false positives will be reversed. Support is full of humans. If they handle things wrong, they might try to cover up too. Both sides can be wrong. Sometimes you manage yourself to get in a corner where you don't get out. Reversing that is tricky sometimes or impossible sometimes. That is IMHO what happened here.

As you don't see primarily for mistakes on the company's side, I see to it that the player is not accused simply because he is a player.

I'm not that easy following someones explanation, but here my own thinking does not see any clue for wrongdoing on the player's side. It doesn't add up that way. At least not for me.

PS The officials said in the german thread, that they won't do automatic bans. They would always check it manually. But even if that is true, humans can make mistakes themselves quite well without programs to help them doing it.

We'll have to agree to disagree because after running that thread thru google translate my first thought was that he was lying about something.

• Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    Charononus has been explaining the situation as any experienced team leader would.

I have been in many leadership roles in my life and there's one aspect which has always remained true: when there is a disagreement with leadership if the person who is penalized complains they almost always give half truths if not less than that to make themselves look better.

That goes for jobs, criminal activity or even video game communities.

We don't know if that person is lying or not. Plain and simple. That truth remains between that user and Cryptic.

What we do know is that Cryptic has absolutely nothing to gain from banning an innocent player. That's public relations suicide. In fact it is almost in their best interest to not ban anybody because it's extremely rare for somebody to actually get punished and not make false accusations or claims to defame them for it. Sit back and look at the trend: everybody who speaks about being punished claims innocence. It makes absolutely no sense from a public relations standpoint to ban somebody just because they make a fraction of what a bit can make by spending all day farming 50 accounts. No amount of tin foil should have you believing that claim.

It's much more likely that a user who was penalized for breaking a rule is either giving a half truth to get revenge on the company, gain sympathy to get the ruling overturned or simply doesn't agree with the rule they violated than an arbitrary decision by the company. Two examples:

I once stumbled into a former co-worker outside of work who was fired for stealing. This person was caught on camera stealing, period. He spent 20 minutes on a train ride insulting my boss for every reason in the world but avoided the topic of his theft like the plague. More or less he got caught doing something he shouldn't have done and instead of accepting the consequences he relished in insulting the person who punished his actions.

An example I deal with all the time as a moderator is people not agreeing with rules and thus claiming abuse. I am not even talking about gray area comments. I am talking about receiving appeals asking for posts that were removed for insulting others using to be reinstated because "I didn't insult them! I just called them stupid!" Well calling somebody stupid is an insult so you broke the rules whether you agree with that or not.

[At the end of the day, you are all entitled to your opinions but I am certain this topic has now run it's course. You can either believe that PWE is evil and banning players for no reason despite the logical fallacy with public relations or you can take a step back and look at how much a players who has nothing to lose will gain by not explaining the full details in order to save face, get revenge or gain sympathizers to pressure the company into looking the other way to a rule violation. No matter what, though, whether he and the others who claim innocence are guilty or not it is between them and PWE.

If you want to appeal a ban then please contact support. That is the first and only recourse in getting as ban overturned.
This discussion has been closed.